Necromancer Support Build With Pestilence
Welcome to our build guide for Support Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
Specifically created to accommodate the steep resource needs of Rathma Skeletal Mage Necromancers in GR speed runs, the Support Necromancer has become a staple in the Paragon farming meta. This health globe generating, crowd control-heavy build is strictly multiplayer oriented, a zero DPS spec that plays part of a composition with other damage dealing party members.
Post-Season 16, the Support Necromancer lost its place in 4-man speed farming GRs, since stronger setups and builds demanded a different party composition. The build is removed from the menus, but is left on the site for documentation purposes.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Support Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Death Nova Blight Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands 3 Corpse Lance Brittle Touch 4 Frailty Aura of Frailty|
2.2. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Support Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Leoric's Crown
- Shoulders: Pestilence Defense
- Gloves: Pestilence Gloves
- Chest: Born's Frozen Soul
- Belt: Vigilante Belt
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Boots: Captain Crimson's Waders
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: Halcyon's Ascent
- Ring 1: Oculus Ring
- Ring 2: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Weapon: Born's Furious Wrath
- Offhand: Stormshield
2.3. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 2: Iceblink
- Legendary Gem 3: Gem of Efficacious Toxin
2.4. Kanai's Cube
- 12 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was archived for Season 17 to reflect it falling off the meta.
- 12 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was archived for Season 17 to reflect it falling off the meta.
- 12 May 2019 (this page): Guide was archived for Season 17 to reflect it falling off the meta.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (this page): Added the guide.
- Season 17 Guides: All Classes
- Season 17 Guides: Crusader, Demon Hunter and Monk
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 Part 2
- Season 17 Guides: Barbarian and Necromancer
- Challenge Rift 99 Guides
- Patch 2.6.5 Now Live + Patch Notes
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 - Featuring Deadset
- US Senator Seeks to Ban Loot Boxes & Pay-to-Win Microtransactions
- Wizard question
- LoN Rapid Fire Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.5)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Solo Skeletons Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- Any go to HC builds?
- Alternative LON Condemn Crusader
- Monk Leveling and Fresh 70