Raiment Shenlong Generator Monk Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Raiment Shenlong Generator Monk. Updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
1. Speed Farming
The Shenlong Raiment Monk deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
2. Adapting Skills
|Crippling Wave Mangle Dashing Strike Radiance 1 Breath of Heaven Infused with Light 2 Cyclone Strike Implosion 3 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 4 Epiphany Desert Shroud|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Exchanging the second, buffing generator — Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation — for a strong monster grouping tool in the face of Cyclone Strike Implosion.
- Replacing Serenity with Epiphany. The short invulnerability window of the former is very situational and timing sensitive to make any appreciable impact during farming. In contrast, Epiphany Desert Shroud is a much more universal protective cooldown, that has appropriate side bonuses (like Spirit regeneration, or sticking you to a target). You will achieve decent Epiphany uptime with a cubed In-geom.
- Swapping the defensive Mantra of Salvation Agility for the party-wide movement speed buff of Mantra of Conviction Annihilation.
- Choosing a movespeed-oriented Fleet Footed passive over high-end offense or defense passives like Exalted Soul or The Guardian's Path.
3. Adapting Gear
It is worth noting that the damage buildup mechanics of the Endless Walk set and the protection of Unity will be excessive in regular Rift farming, where you have other synergistic options available. You can go all-out on damage, taking the strongest offensive rings in the game: the Bastions of Will set, Focus and Restraint. They offer a whopping 2.25 independent damage multiplier as long as you alternate between a primary and spender attacks — which, incidentally, mirrors the exact tactic of this build. In a hyper-optimized setup (high Paragons, fully perfected and augmented gear, etc.) you might feel like you are overkilling on damage, so you can even swap into a utility ring setup of Avarice Band and a Fire damage Stone of Jordan. Regardless of your choice of rings, the farming specs are best completed by a Hellfire Amulet of Dexterity, as it allows you to include a farm-appropriate passive like Fleet Footed for free.
When farming The Witching Hour is still a sensible choice, but the preferable belt for Torment clears is Goldwrap. Synergizing with Boon of the Hoarder (more so if you manage to include Avarice Band), Goldwrap will render you practically invulnerable and allow you to focus on killing and looting without regards for your safety.
4. Adapting Gemming
|Torso and Pants||
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
In speedruns, fights are often over within a few hits, leaving little chance for the Flying Dragon to shine; you can either swap into The Furnace for more consistent burst, or run In-geom to improve your Epiphany uptime (our recommendation).
In your jewelry slot, use the Act III cache legendary ring Avarice Band. Its unique property extends your pickup radius up to the massive 30 yards for a generous 10 second period. Triggered, maximized and constantly refreshed from the endless stream of Boon of the Hoarder gold, the ring and the gem will keep you sped up and invulnerable from the worn Goldwrap.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?