Witch Doctor Zuni Carnevil Poison Dart Build
Welcome to our build guide for Zuni Carnevil Poison Dart Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Zunimassa's Haunt set offers a ranged, pet-centric playstyle that is is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Zuni / Carnevil Poison Dart Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Poison Dart Spined Dart Grasp of the Dead Desperate Grasp 1 Big Bad Voodoo Slam Dance 2 Spirit Walk Jaunt 3 Soul Harvest Languish 4 Fetish Army Legion of Daggers|
|Poison Dart Spined Dart Acid Cloud Acid Rain 1 Big Bad Voodoo Slam Dance 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste 4 Fetish Army Legion of Daggers|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Zuni / Carnevil Poison Dart Witch Doctor is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Carnevil
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
- Gloves: Zunimassa's Finger Wraps
- Chest: Zunimassa's Marrow
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Depth Diggers
- Boots: Zunimassa's Trail
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Zunimassa's Pox
- Weapon: The Dagger of Darts
- Offhand: Zunimassa's String of Skulls
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Simplicity's Strength
- Legendary Gem 2: Enforcer
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Trapped
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Starmetal Kukri
- Armor Slot: Mask of Jeram
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur (or Convention of Elements in Season 16)
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Low Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking to challenge yourself with an unorthodox, but still very viable build to complete the Season Journey with, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 29 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)