Wizard Explosive Blast Farming Build With Tal Rasha Set
Welcome to our build guide for Explosive Blast Farming Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Receiving a bunch of quality of life upgrades and a straight numbers boost in Patch 2.6.1, the Tal Rasha's Elements set maintains a great deal of relevance. One of its undeniable applications is the so-called 'Flashfire' Wizard, an Explosive Blast-focused build that excels at regular Rift speed farming.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the 'Flashfire' Explosive Blast Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Electrocute Surge of Power Teleport Calamity 1 Frost Nova Frozen Mist 2 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 3 Diamond Skin Prism 4 Storm Armor Scramble|
|Electrocute Surge of Power Teleport Calamity 1 Frost Nova Frozen Mist 2 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 3 Diamond Skin Enduring Skin 4 Magic Weapon Deflection|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the 'Flashfire' Explosive Blast Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Sage's Apogee
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
- Gloves: Tal Rasha's Grasp
- Chest: Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit
- Belt: Tal Rasha's Brace
- Pants: Tal Rasha's Stride
- Boots: Sage's Passage
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: Tal Rasha's Allegiance
- Ring 1: Stone of Jordan (or Focus in Season 16)
- Ring 2: Avarice Band (or Restraint in Season 16)
- Weapon: Wand of Woh
- Offhand: Orb of Infinite Depth
4.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Powerful
- Legendary Gem 3: Boon of the Hoarder
4.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: In-geom
- Armor Slot: Goldwrap
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur (or Avarice Band in Season 16)
5. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Low Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking to challenge yourself with an unorthodox, but still very viable build to complete the Season Journey with, consider using this build.
This build works best in the limited scopes of the regular difficulties, and handles Normal Rifts and Bounties with efficiency. It can also handle low tier Greater Rifts, around or slightly above the point where they match the regular difficulties (as displayed on the GR dropdown menu in game). It is not recommended for pushing very high solo Greater Rifts, or group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary in Patch 2.6.1, despite a few small boosts.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Some wording updates to reflect the buffs to Wand of Woh and Orb of Infinite Depth in Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)