FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Giveaway #58 - Moonkin Hatchling

Achievements are always good. Also more and more on battle pets - being a new feature stuff is always changing and it can be good to wait/not wait to do stuff.

There's also just a lottt of content there with all the various aspects.

Professions wouldn't be bad either, though it is covered elsewhere.

As guide to collect all mounts and pets (not the 'wild' ones)

And I miss the levelling guides starting from level 1

You guys are the best! I read your guides all the time!! I have been raiding awhile now, and I want to try to PvP, but I see no guide for PvP. If you could make some, that would be wonderful!! :)

I think you guys are doing an amazing job! I would love to see a pet battles guide up here. I've been meaning to get into them more but don't know a whole lot. A guide would be fantastic!

Thanks for all the amazing guides. My raiding group wouldn't have progressed nearly as much if it weren't for your guides. Thanks! Posted Image

Also you said its a mount not a companion in the original post hehe Posted ImagePosted Image

I can only think about either guides for old raid encounters for ppl who lock their XP gain at the respective level caps (60-70-80), an the quite complex pet battle system.

Pet Battles guide, please!

I can't find a good one and I know you will make an excellent guide like with all your guides :3

( brohoof anyone? Posted Image

This site is terrific - only other thing I'd like would be a pet battle info area. Posted Image

Achievements are always good. Also more and more on battle pets - being a new feature stuff is always changing and it can be good to wait/not wait to do stuff.

You are already doing an awesome job! I think pet battles would be a great addition since it is becoming a new favorite of many.

Agree with the pet battle guide, particularly which combination of pet types works best most of the time

I'm amazed at the wealth of information that can be sourced from the site, a great job from all contributors Posted Image A pet battle guide would be a welcome addition. Good Luck to everyone

Thank you for these suggestions Posted Image You will be pleased to know that Peelyon has started working on Pet Battle guides in a hidden portion of our forums and we hope that everything will be ready soon!

You guys are the best! I read your guides all the time!! I have been raiding awhile now, and I want to try to PvP, but I see no guide for PvP. If you could make some, that would be wonderful!! Posted Image

I would love to see pvp guides or BG guides (especially tactics for the newer ones). Would be awesome to see Icy Veins spreading out from PvE to PvP. Love you guys Posted Image

Challenge Modes and PVP builds would be awesome

Hi what can we add more to all the awesome that's icy veins , hummm...

1.I'm looking forward to the PvP guides

2.For the raid videos I wish that they could be redubbed and u know edited

with markers etc , giving a kinda running commentary

of the guide and what we are watching ,like if u check out some of the fatboss

. Raid videos on YouTube,cause ppl tend to pick up more via that , right now im

asking all of our raiders to read ur guides thoroughly and watch the video on YouTube. Would be so much more awesome having it all it under one icyveins banner.

I think a more updated PVP section with more detail would be awesome. Sure, there are other sites for that, but might as well make this place the "all in one" stop for all things WOW. Otherwise, awesome site. I wantz me sum Hatchling.....

PvP is something we want to start covering next year. Our PvP guides will probably never be as comprehensive as our PvE guides because we need to be careful regarding the amount of content we can realistically maintain (and PvP classes are always re-balanced).

Maybe this once I will win.

I agree with coverage on the Challege Mode Guides. Havent seen really usefull ones out there but attemtping these we have noticed a big change in certain mechanics that we just had to experiment with to learn.

As always you do great with all your guides. I would love to see Challenge Mode guides. I have personally already completed all of them and am willing to comment on them with tips and some strategy. I think it would be an awesome addition to the site.

Another idea (as already mentioned) is a Pet Battle guide. I have no clue what-so-ever on where to go for specific level pets for training or catching.

Hmm, you already cover a lot tbh. Perhaps Challenge modes? I mean, yeah they're essentially speed runs with nerfed gear, but maybe some tips? Quirks? Things aside from invis potions or moar roges Posted Image.

I'd say a guide for Challenge mode could prove usefull.

One for the upcoming Brawler's Guild too Posted Image

Challenge Modes and PVP builds would be awesome

You guys already did alot, but if you are going to expand the guides then Achievements, Challenge modes are a good option. Keep up the good work.

Challenge mode dungeon guides would be pretty cool

Good luck to everyone!

Besides you cover almost everything,

You could create guides about the challenge mode DGs. Best armor to run, CCs, shortcuts.

Keep up the good work, i like your site Posted Image

A guide for the challenge modes or at least an extension of the current dungeon guides to include Challenge mode changes would be great.

challenge modes or pet/mount guides. thanks!

Guildes for challenge mode would be awsome Posted Image

Challenge Modes is something we definitely want to do. Originally, it was to be my task during Tier 14 content, but I have been so busy updating my class guides, helping Vlad with his classes, testing the new Patch 5.1 on the PTR, and getting ready to make videos, that I have yet to find the time to level up my characters from level 85 to 90 Posted Image

So Challenge Modes will have to wait a little, but we are not forgetting about them.

New guides, let me think... Maybe few older aspects of the game: old factions reputations guides (Vanilla, TBC, WotLK), guide for low time consuming Insane in the Membrane achi, older raids tactics. Mounts and pets collecting guides also will be nice.

challenge modes or pet/mount guides. thanks!

A mount guide detailing how to get some of the soloable mounts would be nice.

For pets, there is already http://www.warcraftpets.com which is a fantastic resource. For mounts, there is already http://www.warcraftmounts.com which seems to be decent.

• Like 1

I'd like to see guides on soloing bosses, based on class. Old bosses like Onyxia and Malygos, but also newer bosses. Bosses can be much easier for some classes than others, so a guide on how to pull it off with your specific class would really be helpful.

I can only think about either guides for old raid encounters for ppl who lock their XP gain at the respective level caps (60-70-80), an the quite complex pet battle system.

soloing old raid guides!

New guides, let me think... Maybe few older aspects of the game: old factions reputations guides (Vanilla, TBC, WotLK), guide for low time consuming Insane in the Membrane achi, older raids tactics. Mounts and pets collecting guides also will be nice.

First of all, great job on all the guides, they are a huge help!

What I really like doing and would love to see you guys start covering is soloing old raid content. Specifically, guides on how to solo different old raid bosses from different class perspectives.

Great site! I found it a few weeks ago after getting back into WoW. I had been out of the game since vanilla, and this site has made the transition back into the game so much easier.

As for a additional guide - I agree with the earlier suggestion that a guide to soloing old content would be great. I missed all three previous expansions and would love to know how to solo some of the old raids so I can see what I missed.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Soloing or doing old content with small groups is definitely something that we would like to cover. The problem we have been facing is that new content always takes priority, and we have yet to find ourselves in a situation where we have enough free time to write about old content Posted Image

All in baby.

I would like to see a guide on leveling though instances, and a macro guide.

Edited by Weru

You folks are doing a fantastic job.

Since you asked, a little more fleshing out on the new aspects of Trade Crafts could use some attention.

Like what are the weekly Inscriptions and when do they reset ect.... what are the odds of the Learn New

Potions for Alchemists? What potions make it happen ect... I sure haven't seen a lot of new recipies pop-up, and burned a lot of mats and hundreds of bottles.

Cheers,

Profession guides (with PvP and video guides) is a top priority at the moment, and we are already working on something that we hope will be really awesome. We hope to be done by the summer :)

A mobile version of the site would be nice, even though it's not terrible on my HTC One X. The only other things I go elsewhere for would be item data bases, fight videos, and gear checks. In general I really like Icy Veins, and send people here often. I am wondering if the winner can gift the pet?

We will never do a mobile version of the site, because mobile terminals tend to get better and better resolution (i.e., they will display the site better and better). What we want to do, however, is a mobile app, to display the same content, but with a much easier navigation for mobile users.

Honestly, one thing that needs to be covered by a lot of people is the severe lack of respect for other players. Example, character names. Now I know some people think they're being clever or cute when they use names like Blowjjob or Kotexsnugfit (Both on Silver Hand, no lie) but really? I know WoW is rated T for Teen, but kids DO play the game, and I don't think they need to see names like that.

I would say that this should be Blizzard's job to educate players and have a stronger stance against naming abuses :)

Hi what can we add more to all the awesome that's icy veins , hummm...

1.I'm looking forward to the PvP guides

2.For the raid videos I wish that they could be redubbed and u know edited

with markers etc , giving a kinda running commentary

of the guide and what we are watching ,like if u check out some of the fatboss

. Raid videos on YouTube,cause ppl tend to pick up more via that , right now im

asking all of our raiders to read ur guides thoroughly and watch the video on YouTube. Would be so much more awesome having it all it under one icyveins banner.

Raid videos is something we want to start doing for next tier. Thanks to the advertising revenues from the launch of Mists of Pandaria, we're going to get Vlad a brand new desktop computer with which he should be able to record in-game footage of the highest quality.

I'd say a guide for Challenge mode could prove usefull.

One for the upcoming Brawler's Guild too Posted Image

I'm currently working on the Brawler's Guild's guides, you can except our coverage to start next week :)

I personally would like to see more tank specific guides for dungeons and raids, something that directs us to whats important. rather then long guides directed towards all classes.

i'd also like a moonkin Posted Image

One issue with dungeon guides is that there is very little interest for them, so we are actually considering not doing any more dungeon guides in the future. To give you an idea, our most popular dungeon guide has been Mogu'shan Palace and it is doing roughly the same amount of pages viewed as the gem/enchant page of our Affliction Warlock guide.

A guide for what makes an item from an earlier release worth keeping. Should we try and find slots to store any or all Purple items we gain?

I've only joined today, but this site is Tops, can't wait to really have a chance to read all that is here

http://www.askmrrobot.com is your friend for all gear concerns :)

Coverage on more of the achievements and the way to do them would probably be a good addition.

That needs to be more specific :)

It might already be in the works, but an Order of the Cloud Serpent reputation would be great. A Lorewalkers guide would be nice too, but might be unnecessary for how easy it is.

Keep up the great work guys!

I was initially considering doing these guides, and had tons of notes from the beta about these two factions. Now, it is late (one month and a half after the release of Mists of Pandaria), and I have decided to not release these guides and instead work on the new factions from the PTR 5.1 and the Brawler's Guild.

Leveling guides will be expanded to cover level 1 to level 90, worry not :)

• Like 1

A mobile version of the site would be nice, even though it's not terrible on my HTC One X. The only other things I go elsewhere for would be item data bases, fight videos, and gear checks. In general I really like Icy Veins, and send people here often. I am wondering if the winner can gift the pet?

Yes, you can gift the pet. This is how we actually give them to the winner. We simply purchase them off the Blizzard Store and then give the redeem code to the winner. The only restriction is that a pet purchased on the EU store cannot be given to a player with a US account and vice versa. Also, the Guardian Cub pet is not giftable.

I'd like to see some PvP guides and not just PvE as this would open up your audience.

Also a guide on professions, including a quick, easily accessible and clear evaluation of perks and benefits of picking up each of the different professions

-profession guide

- addons guide - most of us are using a lot of addons, some are usefull, some are useless. I`am looking here for: questing addons guide, profession, raid, class etc...

I would like you guys to cover who is getting world first bosses and then runner's up :) I know there are some on these fourms that are hardcore raiders. Thanks again icy-veins!

• Like 1

Thank you again everyone for all the replies. I will now close the thread :)

Sign in to follow this