FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Low Budget Mage Mech Aggro GvG

Guest ADubs
The only cards I am missing from this build are one spider tank, one azure drake, and the two piloted sky golems. 

My current substitutes are an Unstable Portal, Micro Machine, Jeeves, and Enhance-o Mechano. Do you think these are good subs or are their Nax cards that would be better suited (I have all of them)? 

Guest Js1499

What about Archmage Antonidas. I just pulled one and I'm wondering where to put him in.

Guest Quirk

This deck has been great till around rank 12 or 11 with a bit of luck. Though I am hitting a wall now. I only have the Nax and BM legendaries and missung a lot of classic cards. My opponents mostly come with Dr. Boom, face hunter and patron warrior and I seem to have no chance against those decks anymore.

But thanks a lot, Sottle, this has been a lot of fun so far and your decks are great. Would be glad if you had some tips on middle cost decks. I have lots more cards than suggested in the cheap and basic decks, but still not enough to make one of those good decks you suggest. Missing too many classic packs it seems.

Hey Sottle, you make nice decks, i built all the cheap ones, but never got past 15. With this deck i just can't beat massive minions or clear a board. If i play against a druid or priest that buffs his minions into 4/10+taunt or higher, i just can't deal with them (maybe sacrificing all my board). Wouldn't it be good if i include an Ironbreak Owl? Or a polymorph? So the minions can attack the hero instead of crashing into big fat minions. I feel this deck lacks board clear and silences/morphs.
Cheers

Guest truxon

Are there any cards from tgt that can be included in this deck?

Not too many now, Clockwork Knight is a consideration, but for the most part this deck remains pretty similar.

Guest CARDINAL

Hey Sottle, I love your decks and your streaming!

Last month I actually finished level 6 in ranked thanks to "Low Budget Mage Mech Aggro/Rush GvG Deck" !!!!

For a novice like me it felt great.

However I had replaced the 2 Mechanical yetis by 2 Flamestrikes and the rise was amazing. Total Destruction!

That's almost certainly a bad change. Flamestrikes in an aggro deck like this are crutches, or fall back mechanisms for when you have played sub optimally, or made a bad decision and lost the board. Especially 2, 1 can be ok, but never 2. You should be the one ahead on the board and demanding the answers from your opponent, if you fall far enough behind to need a Flamestrike, something has gone badly wrong.

I'm glad the deck worked well for you the way you built it, but i'd stake money that you've made it weaker.

I recently ran across this build and was a bit startled to find that I had every card listed in my quite limited collection, except unfortunately no Piloted Sky Golems.  Sigh, no way can afford the dust to craft 2 epics.  Well, I was closer to having the full build than many other netdecks I have tried so I decided to come up with a couple of substitutes and give it a whirl.

I slotted in an Antique Healbot and a Force-Tank MAX, ran a couple of practice rounds to familiarize myself with the deck and took it to the ranked queue.  The initial games seemed promising, but clearly my substitutions were sub par.  The Force-Tank can not normally be played until turn 8, and I found that at turn 8 if I did not already have a large board advantage the match was lost, the Force-Tank was too little too late to help.  But if drawn earlier than turn 8 it was a dead card taking up a slot that could have held a more useful card. Similarly, Antique Healbot only helped if I was down to single digit health in a close fought match, it would basically give me one or two extra turns before dying.  But this sort of ideal play condition for the healbot rarely occurred, more commonly I would be decisively behind on board advantage when I reached low health, and the Healbot rarely made a difference.  And like the Force-Tank, if drawn too early it was a dead card occupying a slot.

So I put more thought into finding other alternatives.  I noticed the last update on this build seemed to be pre-TGT and decided to look and see what was now available in TGT.  Searching the craftable list for TGT cards with the word "mech" revealed the Clockwork Knight.  Not a bad card, but clearly seriously inferior to the Piloted Sky Golem even considering the slightly lower cost.  Besides, I didn't have any in my collection, and was reluctant to craft one just to experiment.

So I did a more complete survey of TGT cards, not restricing myself to mech or mech synergy cards.  And found a gem.  Fallen Hero is a mage only minion that adds one damage to uses of the mage hero power.  Base stats are 3/2 for 2 mana, so as just a minion it is comparable to the Bloodfen Raptor used in so many decks.  But it DOUBLES the damage done by the mage hero power, which is awesome.  If you have 2, they even stack (according to the wiki, I never actually had 2 on the board myself), causing your mage hero power to do a whopping 3 damage.

Doubling the hero power damage is huge.  It allows the hero power to be used to destroy an enemy minion way more often than the hero power at 1 point of damage, and thus allows you use the hero power instead of playing a card much more often, which helps this deck create dominating card advantage.

The only downside is that it isn't a mech card, which means it can't participate in the bonuses of this deck's many mech synergy cards such as Mechwarper or TinkerTown Technician.  For this reason, and the fact that it is a relatively dust hungry rare instead of a common, some players may wish to only include one copy.

I don't know what players who actually have two Sky Golems should pull to make room for Fallen Hero, but in my opinion not including at least one copy of Fallen Hero is a silly way to run this deck.

Well, I can only answer that by saying that Mech Mage has come back into popularity recently, with many people bringing it to big tournaments, and no one is running Fallen Hero.

Guest iEatChildren

Would it be viable to replace the 2 piloted sky golems with a Dr. Boom and a second harvest golem? 

Guest Low

any replacements for lotheb because i have basically every card accept it.. i tried this deck and replace lotheb  with nightblade and i find myself stuck at rank 17/18.. it is a 50/50 win rate with this deck.. is lotheb the cause?? can you please advice me thanks.

Guest Argonaught

What about replacing one sky golem for emperor thaurissan?

Emperor isn't good in this deck, you rarely have a big hand for it to discount, it's just not worth it in the long run.

If you need to replace any of the bigger cards in this deck, Clockwork Knight is a great option.

Guest Zekrea

Can I replace the sky golems by sneed's and a fel reaver? Or is it much better to craft the golems or maybe dr boom?

Guest vipr

I haven't seen this strategy mentioned but I think the spare parts generated synergise well with blast mage if you get some time rewinders. If you get to turn 9 and you got a blast mage and a time rewinder, clear their board as much as possible (leaving you one mech) and get 8 damage to their face for a nice finisher.

I haven't seen this strategy mentioned but I think the spare parts generated synergise well with blast mage if you get some time rewinders. If you get to turn 9 and you got a blast mage and a time rewinder, clear their board as much as possible (leaving you one mech) and get 8 damage to their face for a nice finisher.

It is usually better to play it on turn 5. On turn 4, you play the Blastmage. On turn 5 you attack with him, rewind and play again. Also, don't go too far when clearing the board by attacking or by spells. In the end, this is an aggro deck.

Guest Guest

Yea just in general I didn't see it mentioned the time rewinder works well with blastmage.

Also, another question: Since there are 6 similar 4 drops in the deck when should you play each? Obviously blastmage if you have a mech but does piloted shredder always take priority over yeti?

Sign in to follow this