FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Dippy

Guest Psilocin

For Rogues: Shuriken Toss, Crippling, and Deadly Throw. Combat is good for this fight due to the adrenaline rush/shadow blades combo... DT is not that great of a finisher, so if you want to run up and use Evis or rupture, go ahead, but staying back past 10 yrds and spamming Shuriken with DT will get the job done. Shuriken interrupts him everytime.

For Rogues: Shuriken Toss, Crippling, and Deadly Throw. Combat is good for this fight due to the adrenaline rush/shadow blades combo... DT is not that great of a finisher, so if you want to run up and use Evis or rupture, go ahead, but staying back past 10 yrds and spamming Shuriken with DT will get the job done. Shuriken interrupts him everytime.

So, even with the short cast time on Dippy's ability, you still need to use Shuriken Toss and Deadly Throw? On the PTR, I had done it like that originally (and yes, Adrenaline Rush + Shadow Blades is really needed to make the enrage timer), but that was before they added a cast time to Dippy's ability. So, I was wondering whether you could realistically just stay in melee range now and move away while he's casting.

You can stay in mele range. Everytime you use ability it knocks him back interrupting cast. Tough you have to watch out to not "pin" him to the wall as the knockback won't work (nowhere to knock him back) and he will get the cast off. Basicly once you get him to the wall run out and wait for him to get to you (he is pretty fast so won't take long).

Guest Psilocin

So, even with the short cast time on Dippy's ability, you still need to use Shuriken Toss and Deadly Throw? On the PTR, I had done it like that originally (and yes, Adrenaline Rush + Shadow Blades is really needed to make the enrage timer), but that was before they added a cast time to Dippy's ability. So, I was wondering whether you could realistically just stay in melee range now and move away while he's casting.

Oh it's definitely doable as melee.. but with ST, it's a joke.. he literally just sits there and falls down constantly, getting nowhere near you. I didn't even try it as melee, but it looks pretty easy.

We've released the guide for Dippy with video and explanations. We'll get the rest out as soon as we can.

Guest Guest

We've released the guide for Dippy with video and explanations. We'll get the rest out as soon as we can.

No links? Just "we've released it." I'm new to this site. Where do I go?

No links? Just "we've released it." I'm new to this site. Where do I go?

I edited the first post of this thread with the link :P

As spriest, just follow your standard dps rotation, but make sure to immediately back up a bit the moment you enter the arena, to have maximum range between you and his spawn point. Have 100% DoT uptime, and spam Mind Flay to your heart's content. Of course, prepot in the beginning. If you haven't already, spec into FDCL, and Divine Insight for some extra instant damage for knockback.

Guest Guest

Hunter is super easy, especially if you take Thrill of the Hunt for your tier 4 talent so you can fire almost free arcan shots for a majority of the fight.

Guest Dandin

Priests can use Shadow word pain to knock him back a bunch when needed. also if you have Shadow word death glyphed you can use that.

Arms warrior Unholy DK

Most importantly do your best to stay out of range as much as you can.

As an arms warrior I used ranged attacks when I could and then would charge take a strike and then move away. Used bladestorm as well as whirlwind to do damage as well since it has a slightly extended range.

As unholy DK dropped death and decay cast icy touch and hit with deathcoil when up. Use dark transformation when available and just kite around.

Guest angel

as any male just run circles around him and hit him constantly every global CD. if you don’t have an ability or he is against the wall run him away from wall. i did it as druid tank so anyone male can do it just don’t stop hitting him and keep his back away from a wall

Guest Xrasnolud

For elemental shaman just use Ascendance and Heroism, Your LB cast will be enough to knock him back when he gets close. I also advise to use Primal Elementalist to get more burst. For me it was enough to kill him, but if you need more time use stuns/slows/knocbacks to keep him away, using Spiritwalkers Grace is important than.

PS. In your guide you said that elemental blast is instant, it's actually a casting ability Posted Image

Guest Lackowitz

Pretty basic for feral Druids, keep moonfire up and work your rotation as you normally would

Retribution Paladin

I recommend a build of 211223. Most of the talent options can be interchanged but this is my preferred method and makes good use of the burst that Rets have available. Remember that with a 2 minute enrage timer the T14 4 set bonus will not help, so if you have other pieces that are superior itemization use them instead. The 2 set bonus is still beneficial if you have it. As is the case with most fights in the brawlers guild you will be attacking the boss from the front a majority of the time which means being hit capped and expertise capped (up to the hard cap) is the best way to improve DPS. To keep Dippy at range make use of Hammer of Wrath, Exorcism and Judgment. You may also find it useful to use the Glyph of Harsh Words so that you can WoG as a finisher. Sanctified Wrath is especially good in this fight as it gives 30 seconds of time where you will have a guaranteed range attack available. If you do run out of range options feel free to Fist of Justice and melee for 6 seconds. Speed of Light is a good alternative L15 talent choice if you want the ability to run quickly back out of range at the end of Fist of Justice.

This fight is simple as a Shadow Priest.

As soon as the fight begins, run backwards for maximum distance. Cast Vampiric Touch (because of the cast time), then spam Mind Flay. Keep spamming Mind Flay. For each tick of Mind Flay, Dippy will be knocked back. When he gets far enough back, throw on Pain. Spam Mind Flay again. Cast Mind Blast. Spam Mind Flay.

Mind Flay is key. When dots tick, they do NOT trigger the knockball/fall down, only direct damage. Intersperse your other abilities in between Mind Flay when you have the distance, and you're good.

As a Feral Druid I just nuked the penguin down really hard (thanks for the IcyVeins guide :) ) after popping all of my cds at the start as it seems that melee attacks like Ravage! seem to knock him back and interrupt him. So I used Ravage!, Rake and then Rip to nuke him down and then stunned him with Mighty Bash when he was at low hp so he couldn't cast while I was on low energy. Another way is if you nuke him down with all cds (Tiger's Fury, Berserk, Incarnation and Nature's Vigil) and then keep your DOTs up on him and kite him around with Dash and Stampeding Roar so you can be damaging and staying away from him. Both of these methods have worked for me.

-Faldore

Guest Restlessdead

Dippy vs. Blood Death Knight - my strat was to 1) use Army of the Dead straight away to have as many things beating on him as possible. When that was about to expire, I pulled up my regular ghoul.

Also, 2) I used Blood Boil to keep him at bay - using up Death Runes as well as my blood runes.

3) Other than that ... just Death Strikes & Rune Strikes.

FTW.

Guest Disc Priest

I don't know if it's been said already, but as a disc priest, spam Power Word: Pain. The DoT won't knock him back, but the inital damage will.

Penance when you can, and if you don't have the glyph to make holy fire instant and it's cheap on the AH, it's worth getting.

What I did was open with holy fire, and used Mindbender for the damage - DEFINITELY helps to have it as the one minute CD versus Shadowfiend's three. I then used penance, and tried to get off a smite right away. After that, I spammed PW: Pain.

Follow that rotation, Holy fire, penance, smite (if possible), and pain, pain, pain, use holy fire and penance as they become available. Use Mindbender on cooldown.

And whatever you do, stay out of that penguin's melee range.

*mutters* Stupid penguin.

Guest Skillscore

Shadow Priest: 486ilvl with self buffs/food/flask/pot. no party/friendly buffs.

Immediately popped a potion of brawler's cunning and opened with SW:Pain. he will slip backwards, cast VT.

Suggest speccing into Divine Insight and FDCL for instant casts. I was able to proc one instant mind blast and 2 instant mind spikes and he was dead under a minute. If he gets close just side step and continue instant casts.

Avoid mind flay, it did not help slow him down, you are better off spamming instants to keep him at range.

Guest Cmeptb

i saw u didnt have any strats for priests so im letting u know as a spriest sit in the same spot pop power infusion and spam mind spike its so simple.

i would say it would be the sane with holy and disc but spam smite

Guest Gwendlyn

Shadow priest: Perhaps not the most dignified of fighting techniques but dot and run works...

Pop a potion at the start, vampiric touch then run whilst using mindbender when up and halo, keep re-applying pain and run with a speedy bubble until you can get to use shadow word pain and then you can finally shout about how much you hate penguins Posted Image