FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - GG Engineering

This boss is particularly difficult. In this encounter you have 2 mobs, a Gnome named Bo Bobble and a Goblin named Max Megablast who have a shared healthpool of 12.2mil (I think, in any case the encounter finishes when either dies, no need to kill both). Both Bo and Max have a ranged ability that marks the floor in a red target area and deals ~250K damage to anything in it, including each other. The red target zones give you approximately 2-3 seconds to move out of them before the rocket/bomb lands, so mobility is especially important during this fight. This is the key to winning: you have to use the mob's abilities to kill them since their massive healthpool is impossible to DPS through ordinary means. I couldn't quite kill them as Windwalker as my self-heals weren't powerful enough to offset their various normal abilities. I switched to Brewmaster and completed it quite easily. In particular I specced into all the self-healing talents I could including Chi wave, Healing Elixirs and Chi Torpedo. Essentially throughout the entire fight I just hugged Bo and while DPSing him, I ran circles around him to ensure Max was using his ranged ability to mark Bo's location. Even though I was Brewmaster, I found it important to keep DPSing them as much as possible as I did run into the enrage on a number of attempts.

The other important ability is that occasionally either Bo or Max will teleport to a corner of the ring, summon an Ice Shield around them that makes anything standing in it - including you - impervious to damage. However the shield grows progressively smaller with each ranged hit from the other mob and 3 hits will take it out permanently. You can use the opportunity to stand in the shield to heal yourself or use a bandage. But it's important to move out fairly quickly because I found the shield graphic lags making it seem as if it's still active, but alas the next ranged attack hit will kill you (as it did for me numerous times). As a Brewmaster, I didn't enter the shield at all. Instead I just continually hugged whichever mob wasn't under the Ice Barrier and continued to DPS them.

Working on this fight as a Rogue... Some things I have found:

The damage from Bo Bobbles death ray cannot be healed through with Leeching poison. It is considered physical damage. Some things I have been trying (with limited success, although I havn't had a lot of attempts yet.)

Mind-Numbing Poison seems mandatory. You have to slow the casting of Bo Bobble as much as possible.

Bo Bobble can be stunned (cheap shot and kidney shot. I have not yet tried to blind him.)

My current thought is make use of Elusiveness+Mind Numbing Poison+Shiv on Bo Bobble while running circles around him. Pretty much ignore Max completely - just avoid his bombs and make sure they hit Bo as much as possible. If Bo get's under a shield, get under it until it breaks.

Most of the DPS comes from bombs landing on Bo Bobble, so no need to prepot. Instead, save your pot for a healing potion. Also, as the damage is considered physical, Combat Readiness is useful, along with Cloak of Shadows w/ Glyph.

Any spec should do well on this fight - it's really all about survivability. Keep up Recup and keep Shiv'ing Bo Bobble and hope you can outlast the damage. I'll be back with more results after I try this a few more times (and test out blind on Bo Bobble.)

After further attemps, it looks like MNP isn't really that big of a requirement, although it can help. Leeching can also work, but doesn't really provide enough healing to be THAT useful.

Dirty Tricks is a big plus for this fight.

You need to stick to Bo Bobbie like glue. I use nerve strike as well, and open with Cheap Shot. Let the next death ray get cast (for a 50% damage reduction thanks to Nerve Strike.)

After that, if Gouge is off CD, use it to interrupt the death ray.

If Gouge is not up, use Kidney shot.

After a kidney shot, let the NEXT death ray through for a 50% damage reduction thanks to nerve strike.

When Bo goes under a shield, get under it with him and bandage. If you are using leeching poison, shiv as well.

Keep recuperate up at all times (with glyph.)

Using this method, you should interrupt most of the deathray casts, and be able to heal up through the ones that you do not/cannot interrupt. I've gotten him to sub 5% twice now and accidentally stood in a final bomb which killed me. Definitly doable, but takes a lot of precise movement and paying attention. A single mistake kills you.

EDIT: SUCCESS! Finished with 80% hps. A good note is when you get close and Max is tossing bombs, you can stand right on top of bo and pop Cloak. You will immune the damage for 6 seconds and can pile on the damage to make sure you beat enrage.

Edited by Rigapples

Guest Tiq

Tried this several times as Arms Warrior and failed. Went Prot and 1-shotted it.

Stick hard on Bo and let Max do your damage by getting as many rockets to hit Bo as possible - strafe around Bo while rockets are incoming.

When Bo goes under a shield, go under with him. You will be protected from rockets - just get out right when the shield goes down to avoid getting hit by a rocket.

Bo's death ray cast can't be interrupted, but he can be stunned to stop it. I specced into Storm Bolt and Shockwave while glyphing Spell Reflect (its reflectable). I focused on keeping a rotation through stuns/reflects with a fear thrown in to stop a cast.

One thing I didn't do, but might also be helpful is speccing impending victory and glyphing victory rush for a nice heal every 30 secs.

gl

Just a heads up that we have added the written guide as well as a video guide. The first post has been updated with the link :)

Guest Darrok

As a Death Knight, your greatest concern in this fight will be to beat the 2-minute enrage timer. Due to this, you must play as either Frost or Unholy.

You can (and I would suggest it) do it as a Blood DK. It makes this fight very trivial due to the fact than you can Death Grip AND Gorefiend's Grasp them to one spot so that both get hit at the same time. My Gear was Damage-Gear Itemlevel 478 and I didn't even come close to enrage.

You can (and I would suggest it) do it as a Blood DK. It makes this fight very trivial due to the fact than you can Death Grip AND Gorefiend's Grasp them to one spot so that both get hit at the same time. My Gear was Damage-Gear Itemlevel 478 and I didn't even come close to enrage.

Ok, that's good to know. I did it in my not-so-awesome tanking gear so maybe that's why. I'll include it in the guide :) Thank you!

Guest Orelhasgrand

As a Shaman the best advice is to go Resto and have the boss damage themselves while staying alive. Play all of the major mechanics and also use cooldowns as needed. Opportunistic damage and proper mechanic play will defeat the boss. It will take a while but be patient.

Guest Guest

Mage here. the way how i did this is i used fire spec and at start i throw ring of frost to the midle of arena then use you'r cds

wait till those 2 boss walk to your ring of frost then go melee between both boss then start nuke like hell when they throw bombs to you move away and let bosses get big hits from theyr own bombs oke then allways when they make bubble go there use evocation to get heal back and when you evocation's redy leave from buble fast then go melee range at other if both are close each other use frost nova and again go between them

and just repeat this till you killed

Affliction Lock, ilvl 488:

Soul Leech, Mortal coil, Soul Link, Grim of Supremacy

Key Stuff:

Voidlord takes no damage from the rockets (that I noticed), and acts as an excellent sink for the direct damage from Bo (Was needed, for me)

Main damage will come from rockets, not your rotation - by all means do your rotation but not getting enough rockets will make or break the fight I believe.

When Bo hides under the shield you cant damage him at all, this is an excellent time to resummon your Voidlord, Soulshatter, and continue. Only works once since the cooldown on soulshatter is too long.

Moving to the shield quickly is imperative, since no damage is taken by the boss while he's in there. Put a demonic circle in one of them, you might get lucky.

I tried this using Grim of Sac, w/o a pet, and every healing talent available, but found that the direct damage from Bo was simply too high. Ymmv, but I did a perfect attempt (never hit my rockets) and succumbed to Bo's direct damage at around 30 secs remaining on the berserk.

Bottom line, for me - pet to soak the damage, and do the rocket dance right so that Max kills Bo.

-A

Edit for extra info: Max sometimes derps around with the rockets and will frequently not cast them at you. Dont get caught flatfooted while he's doing this, you should keep moving, if only short distances, in circles around Bo at all times. Max also (at least for me) seems to prefer to fire off several rockets in a row at you, usually 3 or 4 at a time. So, if you see one coming for your feet, chances are good that a few more will follow.

Guest Hardone

I agree with Warriors going prot. I used spell reflect when it was up (if Bo wasn't under a shield) and just stayed on him the entire time. Heck with prots cooldowns and abilities, I even got hit about 3 times with the rockets. Def go prot.

Hardone - Bloodhoof

Guest Shandaa

Actually,its entirely possible to do this fight as a blood dk,if you can make sure 70-80% of the rockets hits a boss.Also,blood dks can use cds and stand intentionally on the rockets to get more ap from Vengueance to do a bit more of dps(but dont eat them if you dont have any cd up to soak the damage).As frost,i found the overall survivability to be MUCH lower due to the lightning beam damage and as blood i managed to kill them on 6 attemps(2 died because of the arena 2-min enrage with the bosses at less than 10% hp and the other 4 because of eating the rockets at the wrong time).

Due to blood self-healing,you shouldnt worry too much about using cds for lightning,unlike frost and unholy dks, as you should never be in danger of dying because of that and as i've said,this fight is a cake if you can make most of the rockets to hit the bosses and use the cds to eat the rockets wisely for extra attack power

Guest Anemic

Shadow Preist POV- Just did this last night. Ok I know I said Shadow POV but this fight you need to just spec Disc, dont worry about gear or having shadow gear on its fine. Just spec disc and stand on Bo like it says in the strat here. Follow him around and use insta cast heals while the bombs land on him. Should be able to kill him without really DPSing at all a good 30sec before enrage. I did use Mindbender and Cascade on them when I could, but mostly just survived and avoided bombs so they hit Bo. Use the bubble Bo goes into for extra healing if you need to cast a few.

Guest nantale

as shaman resto makes this fight laughable ... do not use any totems at all and just riptide and heal when needed. stay very close to the boss that shoots rockets and just move out of red and let it hit him and there is no enrage this way. he does all the work for you!

Guest Rshaman

Don't know if they changed anything but I have no clue how you all do this as healer. I went resto shaman and did 3 or 4 attempts, hugging Bo 100 % and I never got them below 60 % before enrage...

Guest Rshaman

Don't know if they changed anything but I have no clue how you all do this as healer. I went resto shaman and did 3 or 4 attempts, hugging Bo 100 % and I never got them below 60 % before enrage...

A tip for shamans! My problem was that none of the bombs was hitting Bo, therefor he didn't take any damage. After trying a few things (and seeing everyone else doing fine) I tried not summoning my totems. This seemed to help a lot and I was able to easily beat the enrage timer! The boss probably treats the totems as a player - don't worry about the minor dps loss the extra bombs will make up for it! Good luck

I did this as a bear a long time ago, when my ilevel was in the 480 range. I just did my rotation while circle strafing around whichever boss wasn't shielded, using Wild Charge to get between them quickly.

Shadow priest :

Spec into your best single target DPS talents. I took Solace, Divine Insight and Star. Stacked on top of the one doing the lightning attack, prepot (had 3 orbs from engaging the enraged spectators while in que), moved out asap as soon as rocket void zone appeared under me. When shield went up, went under it, some fheals to top myself up, rinse and repeat. Really easy as long as you avoid the rocket zones.

Great hunter tip: Do not use Dire Beast or Stampede.

The tactic is to get Bo down using the rockets. Max fires these rockets at you, so you can aim them at Bo by hugging her. When using Dire Beast or Stampede (or any other non-standard pet, I guess, I'm not sure) the rockets go flying everywhere and you'll be able to land a lot less of them on Bo. I was able to defeat it the first try after figuring this out. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the extra pets seem to make the fight a lot harder.

TL;DR: Use Fervor instead of Dire Beast. Don't use stampede.

Warrior Advice:

Contrary to everything we believe ... the key to winning this fight is not fighting.

It took me over a dozen attempts to get this down, but once I changed my tactics it took me two. Here is what I did differently.

1) Spec prot - go buy a sheild for the extra stam, get in defensive stance.

2) Keep sunder armor/devestate stacked x3 on the gnome. Stick by his side the whole fight.

Now when the goblin rockets target you you will see three things. A red dot in the center, a light colored red circle, and four red bars on the outer edge of that circle. As long as you are not touching those red bars or the lighter red circle you are safe no matter how close you stand - there is no splash damage.

Now on the flip side of that the yellow shields don't really protect you ... well, not in a way that you can depend on. The shields have so much HP and when it is used up it disappears right? The only catch is when it disappears, any remaining damage is transferred to you if you are still standing under it. Yeah, that's why you keep dying. 

Don't stand under the shield for more than one rocket attack.

The Fight:

Charge the gnome, stack sunder armor on him 3 times and keep it up. I kept hitting revenge and shield slam to build rage but save it all for shield barrier. You also want to keep commanding shout up for this fight for the extra rage. Now stay on the gnome until he teleports, run very straight, very direct lines back and forth to stay just out of range of the rockets but keeping them hitting the gnome. When a dome is up go under it for one attack, stun him (storm bolt, shockwave, or intimidating shout) and then run out and he will follow you. Other than that spam shield barrier to keep it up at all times (when possible) and keep three stacks of sunder armor on him and pray you can time it right on those rockets.  

Guest Pissed off

this fight is bullshit as a mage. And they mage that posted up above was so hard to understand. Any other tips?

Guest Steve

this fight is bullshit as a mage. And they mage that posted up above was so hard to understand. Any other tips?

Spec into Invocation and Glyph of Evocation.  Along with Ice Barrier and not standing in fire, you can do the same thing all the healers above are doing and just heal yourself with a shorter cast time (no CD) Evocation.