FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Derienn

[WeakAuras] Enhancement - A Compact DPS Layout

Hey,

moving spells around is easy unless it's between the groups (main vs bottom frame group, although still not impossible). It involves just rewriting the offset value for the X axis.

When you open the group Enha Main Frame in WeakAuras there will be auras called UN, SS, LL, Flame, and Frost.

In the Display options for the individual auras go to the bottom. You can set the X Offset value here.

Position 1 = -72
Position 2 = -36
Position 3 =  0
Position 4 =  36
Position 5 =  72

So if I'm understanding you right you want to change the X Offset value of the Auras Flame, Flame 2, Frost, and Frost 2 from 36 to -72.

For the auras LL, LL2, and LL3 from 0 to 36.

For the auras SS, SS2, and SS3 from -36 to 0.

For the auras UN, and UN2 from -72 to -36.

N67vEfa.png

Let me know if you run into any troubles and I'd give you new strings with the spell order you want.

Edited by Derienn

Great work! I actually had a design in mind that was probably 95 % similar to this but never got around to actually making it! Weakauras are awesome and have almost everything I need. Would you consider adding an elemental fusion stack count next to the unleash elements frames or make it interchangeable with and at the location of LM/SET ? Also have you thought about adding a slot for a racial (mainly for orc/troll usage) on the cooldown frames as well ? that would in my mind scale them down to the size of the frame above.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share strings for the weakauras updated in the way described above as I would put them to immediate and good use!

Once agian great work designing those weak auras!

Hey, thank you for the suggestions.

I am already working on a new version. More polished with some extra functionality. Unfortunately, it is a middle of the exam period for me so I won't be able to complete it in the very near future,

I was thinking of waiting for 6.2 as that will requite some changes as well (e.g. set bonus - 10 stack maelstrom)

Hey,

I replied to your PM but you didn't respond even though you were online.

Could you please respond with some details? Thank you

How do you turn off that beep noise every time you enter combat?  I looked through the weak auras and couldn't seem to find which one was doing it to toggle it off.  Great setup tho!

I am new to Weak Aura .... so a silly question.

You can not click on the "buttons" on the addon right?
You attack and cast with key biddings?

Thanks you

I am new to Weak Aura .... so a silly question.

You can not click on the "buttons" on the addon right?

You attack and cast with key biddings?

Thanks you

I'm not sure that I understood your question.

Are you talking about clicking on WA screen icons? In this case the answer is 'no' - they are not a clickable buttons but some tracking icons with the purpose to make you aware to specific CDs or events.

You can make them clickable by disabling the icons respectively and placing customized action bars over the layout (e.g. with Bartender).

I, personally, am not using this method as the layout cannot be as clean and some functionality, such as interchanging Frost/Flame Shock icons, is lost.

My goal is to have all action bars hidden at all times.

First of all i really really like the UI and all the stuff, it looks really nice and clean.. but i have a problem.. the getting infight sound.. its really desturbing to hear it like every 3 seconds.. how can i deactivate it :)?

There's two sounds associated with the auras. One for missing an active fire totem and one which plays when Maelstrom stacks get capped. I guess you mean the latter.

You'll have to open WeakAuras and highlight the aura named StackMael5 which is located in the Enha Main Frame group.

In the right side settings, click on Actions and untick Play Sound.

I am making the sounds myself. I agree the Maelstrom sound is a bit invasive (alhough, I am happy with the missing totem sound, I think that one turned out fine). As I mentioned, I will release a 6.2 version soon (probably as soon as I get my hand on the legendary ring and 4 set bonus - to test them for the auras) and that, I hope, will also come with improved sound notifications.

Also, if you'd like to keep the sound notification and just dislike the sound, you can try selecting a different one. The selection available to you will depend on the audio files provided by other addons though.

Edited by Derienn

Great job with the WA's! im a total pleb when it comes to making WA's, so you saved my life :^)

Can't wait til the new 4set update! To bad enhancement shaman has the lowest prio on new setpieces of all protectors, but good luck!

Soontm

I just finished my legendary ring this reset and already have the 4-set. I don't have as much time to test the auras as I would want to (International 2015 + work) but I would say it's pretty close to release.

But since I don't have any of the playstyle changing trinkets (Blademaster, Capacitor), the first 6.2 version probably won't include those.

Hello! I've installed this just today and tried it out, and I love it! moved the ss/ll etc to my own preferences and removed the maelstorm (too used with blizzards own warnings) but this freaking rocks!
But I wonder if it's possible to see the stacks on ll/ss/fn aswell, I'm not really used to the desaturation (even though it's genius) and it would help me out tons. Also, is it possible to get the gcd on the spells?

Thanks again!

Hey, I'm glad you liked the auras!

As far as the charges go: There is. However, I use the desaturation method because I didn't want to flood the icons with too much numbers. If you're havin troubles adjusting to the desaturation method I might release a quick guide how to edit the auras or even release two versions of the auras (if I'll have time).

The GCD, on the other hand, is a much more peculiar problem. The auras are multi-layered and you can't just add a function no. 2 to the icons. The GCD needs its own aura, so for every layer there'd have to be another GCD aura. I was looking into it, since the current method is not ideal and is more of a replacement, but I've grown used to it so there now isn't as much incentive to work it out. I'll look into it again but I don't think I'll be able to magically make progress in this area.

Hey Derienn,

Love your work, I really appreciate the effort you put into it, and it is useful to me and so many others.

I have 3 questions though;

Have you done anything regarding the 4set? (10stacks)

Can I resize the groups? I cannot seem to get it working. They are a bit big for me.

Is there a way (I'm sure there is, but I'm not fluent in WA) to display our WF hits/crits as text when they happen?

Hey, I have.

I will release a new version of the auras probably right after The International (in a week). That version will just be the current auras modified for the set bonus and the legendary ring etc.

I also am working on a new layout, that one will follow a little bit later with its release.

-----

You can't resize the groups, you can only resize the individual auras. WA will only let you to resize the groups if they're made only out of one type of aura (e.g. all icons). For practical reasons (uploading the strings etc.) I have the groups cranked as much as possible. Hopefully, the creator of the addon will soon change the interface of the addon so you can have groups inside other groups.

-----

The combat text is not a matter of WA, rather another addons like the Mik's Scrolling Battle Text. Whether it can be done via WA I have no idea, I haven't tried anything similar.

Hey! Thanks for all your hard work on these WA's. You rock!

Would you be able to tell me how to disable the noise that occurs when you enter combat?

The noise you're talking about is probably the 'no fire totem active' notification. You go into combat with no precast totem.

You have to open WeakAuras, select the aura Totem Track X, and in the Actions settings, untick Play Sound,

If you'd like to keep the notification for raids but have it disabled elsewhere, you can duplicate the aura, disable the Play Sound setting on of them, then select the other aura and change the Load options to only a specific Instance Type or Dungeon Difficulty.

Edited by Derienn

WeakAuras 2: 10 Stacks of MSW

String

dKJedaGAvs16fszxuL61QumxQkZgPBsf(MkL2juzVKDRQ9tv0pPImmQQ(TKBRIHQssdMkQHluhuLuESsDmboNkrTqiQLQsOfReTCrEOkvEkyzqONtPdRyQIAYqz6OUOqYvvjYLL66iSriO7bb2mI2ovjNMIVkeFwqFhQACkHPbPgTsA8QeCsi5wQu11es15HiRtLeBJQWFPsRaLfyeG65oro72hQD9wFqCtPUW6CM31X0ulNQtKEIRxGvaIEh4TFVVvWraMamLfGzSxN43SXRwlfWjtyyNuwWUiE2P4onCLeGaei4NtBvw4ce4yAQLt1XtNJ0tC9Ifqy77kINfYc2fXZcc8lyty564UAWAbS50yIfqwplikQxxcLNoJW6zbRTjCLfUa)(fqRbtzbygssZMGYiPSGdbLnklwSG0SBLfCiOSrzXIfWdTFwzbhckBuwSybPI2kl4qqzJYIflwaz9myIwlCiIwqQdn1NrkUfy21lWGja5X6yAQalp7BSxTmpl4UOWLJ6IcUGtKK2MfU7dUn6cgcU0sbi5ejPTzHWfOrJgrp8a9IGGflw4bArEp6llyWWmSP(H6YjtyyNSklwaEdgVkCb(9l4jo5KjmStwHlqWSzt9wLfy5jXklaRCdPfEHSGqAH3D2SPEb21cVaSYDty56OLccPfExY0CAbr65MRrKg7vqESoMMkwaP5n2vLfGvUH0cVwkwSamJnMoiHAxVaup3jYz3(qTR36dIBk1fwNZ8UoMMA5uDI0tC9c2vrXk8VwkwWOSahttTCQoE6CKEIRxaQN7e5SBFO21B9bXnL6cRZzExhttTCQor6jUEXc8s4cqJyGyja

Description

Icon of the spell will appear and glow only if you have 10 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon since you dont really want to use it with less than 10 stacks only if you need that burst damage on a priority target

Preview

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=8e6425-1438791274.jpg

Hey, sorry for being extra late. I'm enclosing the strings for the 6.2 patch. This is just an early version if you need the strings for the legendary ring and the tier 18 4-set bonus. I will tidy up the auras and edit the main post.

I am also working on a new layout which will appear soon.

Disclaimer: These strings are intended to use only for a limited time, there are some things I will change/tidy up soon. If you use them, I suggest replacing them as soon as I edit the main post over the weekend.

What is new in these strings? These strings are the old ones, only modified for the legendary ring and the 4-set, which most of you probably already have.

Proc Buffs: http://pastebin.com/dmFYMtNa

Bottom frame: http://pastebin.com/QzfszeY1

Main Frame: http://pastebin.com/ZbfBqi60

Also I changed the size of the buttons, for you guys, who use the Masque skin, use the Simple Squares one. It looks the same as the ElvUIesque, with one advantage, it is the same size as the default Blizzard skin. (I switched over to this skin because then it's not mandatory to use the skin in order to preserve the layout.

See you soon over the weekend with a proper version.