FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Cheap Tempo Mage Wild

Guest Waco

Hey , its a pretty good deck, I tested it on a few matches and had opponents concede in at the 3rd, 4rth turn  ,  due to the extreme damage dealt with the icebolt/ice lance synergy ,  it seems to piss opponents off if you have snow chugger's constantly freezing up warior/rogue class

Saying that , its very intimidating

I actually recently failed at aggro decks and tried this deck to help me get back into the aggro

(I got to used to my Paladin control deck , here might be good advise , don't stick to one class and one type of deck for too long , that is how I started losing aggro because of being used to holding back cards , valuable lesson learned )

I tweaked the deck a bit , and found Echo of medivh a sick situational card to counter AOE spells

once you established a bit of deck control with a few minions , pop the echo and you can just replicate that back onto the board after a AOE spell , it worked just fine

but it is off course situational , can often be a dead card

Thanks for the share :)

Guest Iggy Pants

since BRM came out, what do you think about the flamewalker? can it be included in this deck?

Guest Joey

What about dragons breath? instead of fireball? It has the potential to be cheaper and would only cost 1 more mana

Guest Bbodo

Hi guys. I played this deck for 1 week now, and I have a problem... I've never succedeed to pass rank 17, the burst from this deck is OP, but when my opponent have around 7-10 HP, I'm crowded with his minions, and he 1-shots me. Can someone who also plays this deck give me some advices please? Thanks

What about dragons breath? instead of fireball? It has the potential to be cheaper and would only cost 1 more mana

You're not trading much in this deck, so chances are Dragon's Breath is going to be overcosted and weak most of the time.

Hi guys. I played this deck for 1 week now, and I have a problem... I've never succedeed to pass rank 17, the burst from this deck is OP, but when my opponent have around 7-10 HP, I'm crowded with his minions, and he 1-shots me. Can someone who also plays this deck give me some advices please? Thanks

You're probably missing out on the chance to make some efficient trades when you can. You should find yourself behind on board in the late-game, but not as far behind as you seem to describe.

Guest SoulReap

Thnx Sottle this build is awsome!

Can you suggest some more improvments for this deck?

Guest mager

Hello! Can you suggest a replacement for the arcane golem in this deck?

Guest Labonte324

This deck is terrible.  All the time every time my opponents get a full board.  And then... 

Guest B

100% correct.  This is a pure luck deck for the most part.  Doesnt really have much when it comes on how to play it.  you either get lucky or not.  No one can get past rank 15 on this... it says 10-6

Guest kisjezus

horrible deck.. even the basic mage decks are better..

Guest scout21078

Ive been really liking this deck this and my custom rouge got me 11 ( ive been using rouge deck alot more but still it does put in some work)

Guest xeropwnage

I just unlocked Pyroblast and Alexstrasza recently. Would they fit anywhere in here?

Guest Adi

Cancer deck, but works perfectly. I added two Echoes of Medivh, really got the deck going!

Guest Evolution

This deck is extremely bad. I tried it out against friends playing basic decks and lost multiple times. The deck relies too heavily on the starting hand; without a good one, you have no possible way to win and no way to play against enemy minions. As some others have said, the basic mage deck is better than this.

Aggro is hard to play. It's really not uncommon for the Aggro guides on the site to have more negative comments than others because people just don't make the right decisions when playing it.

Guest David

Yeah, seems like it would do good work actually.

What would you replace with it?

Hmm, you could cut the Arcane Intellects but that leaves you really all in on Jeeves, cutting the Water Ele and one of the 2-drops is another possibility. Hard to say without actually testing stuff.

Guest DEADxGODS

I gotta say, I really wish I hand't liquidated all my dust to make this deck. I was using the basic mage deck from Icy and it got me so far, but I was pretty much stuck around ranked level 20. After 8 straight losses I decided to finally spend some dust making a "better" deck. This was not what I was looking for. I can't win a single match with this deck. I don't know if it's the current meta or what, but ya, complete waste of dust for me. 5 straight losses without any real glimmer of the deck working as designed. I read the notes on how it should be played and have a lot of experience with CCGs. If you're reading this, save your dust. This deck is not a noticeable improvement over the basic mage already offered on these forums.

I'm still just a rookie, but this deck is fantastic. I played over 200 games with it and won well over 100 games, I actually farm gold with this deck, getting around 40 to 60 wins a day.

I wasn't going to talk about this but since the post above is the complete opposite, i'll tell my story.

I first looked up this deck because I suck at making my own, especially without having all the cards and doing trial and error.

I disenchanted everything that wasn't neutral or mage and even disenchanted a legendary to build this deck. (As good as the deck is, never do like I did by disenchanting a legendary)

I read everything Sottle wrote and learned from it without even having the deck built yet.

Right off the bat, I could tell this deck is strong. Of course, if you face someone with many taunts or heals, it's going to be your doom.

I noticed your first hand is the key factor between a loss and a win, then the catalyst is Jeeves. In my experience, if you don't draw a jeeves before turn 6, you're most likely screwed. The starting hand puts you in a position of power and Jeeves makes sure you keep it that way, even if they clear the board. To me, a great starting hand would be, having the mana coin (being player2), having 2 mana wyrms, one mirror image and one frostbolt, or something similar. Having a Jeeves in your first hand leaves you weaker at first, but if you keep control, will make you win in the end and you're certain not to late-draw Jeeves. (Happened many times that I drew my first Jeeves on the turn that I died or lost control due to lack of cards)

I'm actually offended by people saying this deck is bad. It's certainly based on a questionable tactic and rely heavily on the card draw but it still will win you most games, at least against the average player.

I have tried decks that required a lot more dust than this one and wasn't nearly as good or as interesting.

This is certainly not the best deck but it is still a great one.

Over the time, I ended up switching one Arcane Intellect for one Flamewaker.

I'm still not sure which is better but I too often drew Arcane Intellect when it was important that I draw something else plus I always try to make sure to have a Jeeves around. It is after all, the most important card of this deck.

Guest Mootard

From my personal experience, I've won zero games by killing them. When I win with this deck, happens rarely, the opponent concedes to me using a knife juggler, a sorc. apprentice, and 2 mirror images. Like I said I rarely win with this deck it never works out in my favor, say it's a lack of skill if you want. If I get a lot of cards out early and start doing some damage it seems they always have some board clear and I immediately die. I've got some good hands and even with those I still lose. I've played this deck about 60 times and only won about 5-10 and they all were the opponents that conceded. Every time the opponent doesn't concede by turn 5, they realize they've beat me. Maybe it's bad luck, maybe I'm just bad, or maybe this deck is bad. If you ask which of those I think, I'm going to say this deck is bad.

Guest SUFFER

This deck is awesome, I understand peoples frustration but like Sottle said playing aggro takes some sort of skill. This deck also heavily relies on your opening hand. If I don't have some sort of combo i.e. Turn 1 coin+socerer's apprentice+mirror image/ mana wyrm+coin+mirror image etc. your going to have a tough time keeping board control but there are many variations that you can play on turn 1 or 2 to make a big impact and then build on it.

I also switched out water element for Dr. Boom because i find myself on turn 7/8 with the opponent at low health and no real answers but now Dr. Boom fills that void and has won me a few games I might have lost.

I also like keep Jeeves in my opening hand because then I know I can dump my whole hand and not have to worry.

This deck is great if you know how to play it and understand that deck relies on a strong opening hand.