FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Cheap Tempo Mage Wild

Guest yp

Hello! Can you suggest a replacement for the arcane golem in this deck?

I replaced it w/unstable portal or Bluegill warrior

Guest Zenonplazmos

New to the game.

I've been playing a slight modification of this deck and so far it's been better by a mile than anything else I can come up with. Also, my ability to win gets better the more I play, as games that I win by killing my opponent by 1 or two points when he's just about to swarm the board and obliterate me are showing me. Win percentage is somewhere around 60-70% atm.

Gotten to rank 15 recently. Low, I know, but the environment now seems tough already at rank 17 - decks with epics and legendaries that don't bother using any basic cards are absolutely a majority. But it makes all the more sense to have a deck that can just blast their face early on and not worry about not having any game changing legendaries itself.

This deck is, as a matter of fact, really, really cheap (I never bought any packs and managed to craft it early on with the basic quest rewards and a few arena runs) and apart from the Jenkins there isn't anything in it that one might not use in different constructed decks. It feels as a great choice for my first dust-constructed deck.

As a side note, i've tried every basic class constructed deck on Icy Veins and it feels like this guy knows his stuff.

Hi, how do I play against freeze mage with his deck? Freeze mage just plays blizzard and destroys my board. If I get her to low HP, she drops healbot and secrets. Should I add more sticky minions and a mystic?

Hi, how do I play against freeze mage with his deck? Freeze mage just plays blizzard and destroys my board. If I get her to low HP, she drops healbot and secrets. Should I add more sticky minions and a mystic?

Considering freeze mage is a deck that can easily hit top 20 legend and is seen in every tournament beating them with this deck is very difficult, you might want to play a little bit slower than normal but at the same time try to draw out there novas, blizzards and doomsayers early on.

Kezan mystic is a good idea and running silences to silence a doomsayer or silence a frozen minion to kill the doomsayers will help.

Also a crazed alchemist might help to kill the doomsayer.

But even with all this the freeze mage can still just combo wombo you, this deck is ment for a start to help you in the beginning beating something like a freeze mage isn't impossible but will be very difficult.

• Like 1

So the best option is to get a better deck? Is there a mage deck that can help me against patron and freeze?

I've been using the basic mage deck for about 3 weeks and got to rank 17 but seemed to hit a wall. I figured I would give this deck a try since I had a fair number of the cards anyway and used maybe 300 dust to shore up rest of cards.

I didn't have any dust for any Jeeves. And I'm realizing my mistake. HOWEVER my first few tries using this deck has resulted in 4 straight wins and bringing me to rank 15.

I know I got lucky 1 time by pulling a fireball when I was out of cards with opponent at 7hp and a full board.

Still the best opening hand I had was 2x wyrm and some 1 mana spells. Managed to power the wyrm to 5 attack by round 4.

I think this is an awesome deck so far. I think I'll have to craft some Jeeves to make it even better.

One thing to note is, either you win really quickly or you lose around turn 7 to 8. Either way, I completed those 5 games in less than 15 minutes. I feel like even I'd I lose 50% of games, it could be a great cheap farming deck

Guest Solomon

Can you add some card swaps options for BRM ? 

I would really appriciate that :)

Guest Solomon

The deck is up to date, there's nothing in BRM that improves the strategy.

Thanks, I am pretty new to hearthstone playing just for few weeks.

I just found a Leeroy Jenkins... would it be worth it switching it for something as an additional finisher ?

and if so for what ? I was thinking instead of the arcane golem... is it a good idea ?

I built this deck yesterday. it took me almost 10 hours of ranked to go from lvl 20 to 15. The deck is fun to play, normaly you lose the match a turn before wining, or you win a turn before losing.

The deck is up to date, there's nothing in BRM that improves the strategy.

Thanks, I am pretty new to hearthstone playing just for few weeks.

I just found a Leeroy Jenkins... would it be worth it switching it for something as an additional finisher ?

and if so for what ? I was thinking instead of the arcane golem... is it a good idea ?

Yeah Leeroy would be good in this deck, you probably want to to play it alongside the Golem though, maybe cut the Water Ele and go even more all-in on outright damage?

Guest BakeMyCake

Hello Sottle, I hope you are still reading this thread. I was messing around with this deck and I've noticed that over the course of about 23-25 games the knife juggler never really made much of an impact for this deck. Since you usually want to bypass enemy minions with this deck dealing 1 damage to a chillwind yeti doesn't change much.

There are reasons why you chose the juggler I'm sure, but I've grown used to substituting one juggler with a mana wraith. If the opponent doesn't play anything it's a free face turn and if the opponent plays something weaker then he could have you can suicide the wraith into it and play your minions normally. I feel like the wraith impacted the tempo of the games I won enough to make me feel more comfortable.

What do you think about mana wraiths as an addition to this deck?

Hello Sottle, I hope you are still reading this thread. I was messing around with this deck and I've noticed that over the course of about 23-25 games the knife juggler never really made much of an impact for this deck. Since you usually want to bypass enemy minions with this deck dealing 1 damage to a chillwind yeti doesn't change much.

There are reasons why you chose the juggler I'm sure, but I've grown used to substituting one juggler with a mana wraith. If the opponent doesn't play anything it's a free face turn and if the opponent plays something weaker then he could have you can suicide the wraith into it and play your minions normally. I feel like the wraith impacted the tempo of the games I won enough to make me feel more comfortable.

What do you think about mana wraiths as an addition to this deck?

Juggler is more important than ever with the meta filled with Secret Paladins. He can also deal face damage and that is exactly what you want. 

Mana wraith is counterproductive because you have many minions and you have to play them, too. If you send him into an opponent's minions, you "lose" face damage.

Hi, I'm new player in Hearthstone. I build this deck and try to learn how to play deck like this, but for me to win is really lucky strike. I know that it's because my mistakes (I can't even beat 18 lvl). So my question is that can someone give me more advices how to play this deck more sucesfull? I read all pages that you advice. 

I am still pretty new to the game and I'm not ranking very highly, but I need to say that I don't find consistency to be a problem with this deck. Yes, some starts are better than others and I'd rather be playing with the coin than have first drop, but the number of quality, low-mana minions and spells makes this work for me far more often than not. I think I'm still not playing optimally with it but I'm thinking that the only solution to that is more time playing and more experience with this deck.

One thing: I was 'on the verge of a win' (so I thought) against a Warlock deck last night when they dropped Reno. I was pretty much gassed at that point and it was totally crushing to my game - not pretty from that point. If Reno becomes popular I can't see this deck being of much use. Although, isn't that going to swing things from fast-aggro towards control decks in general?

Ha! Yes, I'm not saying it's a bad thing in terms of balance.

Just looking around and I saw Sottle's Reno Handlock; looks like what trashed me last night. That's a deck I wish I could afford to put together!

Ha! Yes, I'm not saying it's a bad thing in terms of balance.

Just looking around and I saw Sottle's Reno Handlock; looks like what trashed me last night. That's a deck I wish I could afford to put together!

It isn't that expensive. There are a lot of replaceable card. But I really wouldn't use dust for that deck, although all of the cards can be use elsewhere. I recommend building a proper deck, such as Midrange Pally or normal Handlock.

Guest Marathi

Seeing Reno is horrendous. I managed to burn through one once, but the second time I stood no chance. Hope to not see it more often.

However I love this deck. New HS player and hit rank 15 with it in a matter of hours. Had an 8 win streak at one point. I have tweaked it a little with the recommended Mad Scientist and Entity changes. But also swapped out one Water Ele and one Wolf Rider for x2 Flamewaker which I think is a good move (but what do I know?).

Can anyone recommend a replacement for my other Water Ele? I tend to use Ice Lance with Frostbolt, or to tie up high attack minions for a turn whilst I finish them off. My WE gets wasted a lot of the time when I draw it by opposing minions. Perhaps I should throw my other Wold Rider back in? Or maybe a Questing Adventurer as they could get buffed quite quickly without the amount of cards this deck plays per turn? Any Naxx/BrM legendaries that could be considered?

Guest Bobbyboi

Using this deck I fell from 16 to 19 playing like 30 matches, great deck man.

Aggro is hard to play, there's a higher than average chance you're just not making good decisions. I've considered replacing this deck with a more value based "standard" build, since the Cheap decks are obviously aimed at newer players, and newer players generally can't play Aggro well and can struggle with this deck.

I'm a new player that started out a few weeks ago around Thanksgiving, and thanks to this and a couple other outdated basic and cheap netdecks I've seen around, I managed to hit rank 13!  This actually really helped me see the value of an opening hand / figure out mana curve / when to hit em in the face

I used this as a general aggro template and tried to figure out a few ways to get around the extremely limited amount of dust I have.  Luckily I had just outright purchased with gold and funds a handful of adventure branches and that gave me a lot more wiggle room.  It might mostly be luck, I'm spamming low-cost spells and using mana wyrm/knife juggler/flamewalker synergy ASAP on to get way ahead on the board and make them panic, if I get a good opening hand I have been seeing people concede by turn 3 thinking I probably have way better cards than I actually have.  I suppose that's part of the fun about playing a newbie aggro deck!

Anyways, thanks again.  I'm looking forward to getting hopelessly addicted to something for a while!

Edited by Eternis

Hello! Can you suggest a replacement for the arcane golem in this deck?

I replaced it w/unstable portal or Bluegill warrior

hello how it work when u replace golems with unstable portals?