FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Cheap Tempo Mage Wild

Yeah, it's no surprise to see that this deck, which is the most straight up Aggro deck out of the Cheap decks gets the most hate, where as the others that are more standard midrangey decks general get appreciated more. It's almost like Aggro is hard tongue.png

Must be the guys who play mid druid(LOL) and always rage add me when I play face shaman to tell me about my "brainless" deck.

Edited by batanete

Since the meta has been so boring for quite some time I've been mostly just getting to rank 5 for the reward chest and then chilling with random fun/gimmicky decks. I decided to pick up this one to see how well it actually performs, and so far I've gotten 5 straight wins at ranks 8/7. Just thought I'd mention this for the people who are implying this deck can't win at rank 18 or so. The deck does get farmed hard by priests and warriors(as aggro mage always has, to be fair) but against everyone else you are essentially playing a budget face hunter and just like that deck you can win easily against slower aggro decks, as well as midrange ones that don't have any healing(hunter,secret paladin).

There's more to actually playing hearthstone than having the correct cards in your deck. Way too many people suffer from this mentality that deck builders exist to do all the work for you.

Edited by batanete

Any other cards choices you would make to upgrade the deck? 

If you have one or two shredders, it fits nicely, although you shouldn't craft them at this point if you don't have them, since they are going away soon with standard.

Shredder has worked well, swapped him for the water elemental. It has worked out well. Works with knife juggler, and gives me another sticky minions to buff with Abusive Sarge. Thanks for the tip. 

I made this deck just to see what all the fuss was about, and its been a lot of fun. Got 9/10 wins on play mode, including one with 19 damage in turn 8 to win it. (frostbolt + 2x ice lance + fireball + run my leper gnome into a taunt minion).

I dont have jeeves, so im using 1x coldlight oracle and 1x loot hoarder. 

Guest Håkon

Hey, is there any way i could/should add Emperor Thaurissan to this deck? I really like him. Also, I have the full Naxx set, could you make a list of potential improvements I could make with it? :) 

Hey, is there any way i could/should add Emperor Thaurissan to this deck? I really like him. Also, I have the full Naxx set, could you make a list of potential improvements I could make with it? smile.png

In general, you shouldn't use Thaurissan in a deck that has no cards more expensive than him.

The recommendation in the Swap Section is pretty much the only good swap. (remove 2x Chugger and 2x Arcane Missiles, add 2x Mirror Entity, 2x Mad Scientist). Once you get Flamewakers (4th wing of BrM), you can start using Tempo Mage.

Guest Caddage

So, with the nerf to Arcane Golem, that card is now unplayable in this (or any) deck. A straight swap with Polymorph: Boar seems in order; same cost, same stats, different drawback (have to have a minion on board), different synergy (lose a knife from juggler, gain attack boast to wyrm). It's also a rare for a rare, keeping the deck under the 1k dust "cheap" limit.

From what I've seen, there isn't much in WOG that adds to the theme of this deck. My ideas to update this deck for standard are to swap the snowchuggers for dire wolf alphas, jeeves for acolytes of pain, and the ironbeak owl for another polymorph: boar. This still keeps the deck under 1k dust, but I wonder if it has enough draw, though I see few alternatives. Thoughts?

So, with the nerf to Arcane Golem, that card is now unplayable in this (or any) deck. A straight swap with Polymorph: Boar seems in order; same cost, same stats, different drawback (have to have a minion on board), different synergy (lose a knife from juggler, gain attack boast to wyrm). It's also a rare for a rare, keeping the deck under the 1k dust "cheap" limit.

From what I've seen, there isn't much in WOG that adds to the theme of this deck. My ideas to update this deck for standard are to swap the snowchuggers for dire wolf alphas, jeeves for acolytes of pain, and the ironbeak owl for another polymorph: boar. This still keeps the deck under 1k dust, but I wonder if it has enough draw, though I see few alternatives. Thoughts?

I don't think it's fair to compare poly:boar to golem. You will almost never want to use it for removal with this deck, and to use it as a charger you need to have a minion in play, which is just not reliable once you lose control of the board and are just trying to finish him off with chargers and spells. I would really just replace it for an argent horserider, which is still inferior to golem in this deck from my perspective, but it's probably the best "on the spot" replacement. You can also consider running second abusive over one leper gnome by the way, as leper has become considerably weaker, and I'm not sure if I would even want it as a one off.

Don't get me wrong, I like poly:boar in a lot of decks, and think it's a massively underrated card, just not for a pure aggressive mage.

Guest Caddage

Yes, it's a bit clunkier to use than the golem, but with the owl also being nerfed to 3 mana, running 2 poly boar in place of the golem and the owl gives greater flexibility. Don't forget you can attack with a minion, then use poly boar on it and attack again.

I'd also like to revise my inclusion of 2x acolytes; I think one acolyte and one coldlight seer may work better (more immediate draw), and we're still under 1k dust.