FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Giveaway #61 - Cinder Kitten x2

I undestand how it works but don't know how to use-it property, I prefer see others data and on simulationcraft.com to undestand about the mechanics behind.

Well same what the other say, I honestly didn't use the simcraft that much. Only check on the other guild members data and how it can help me to improve my char + alts

When it comes to simulation craft I only check stat values and what classes are going to be more or less on the top for the tier, But then again the simulation craft may aswell be wrong so i always test things out myself aswell aswell as talk together with other people that play my class/role etc.. And as always good job with the site Icy Veins! Keep growing every day!

- Kalec Posted Image

I have never used it but perhaps once I'm fully geared it could be a helpful option. Good Luck to all Posted Image

SimCraft is just a semi-accurate benchmark that people should consider but not take seriously in the grand scheme of things.

To be honest, i've never heard about Simulation Craft so didn't use it and can't give a reasonable opinion about it, sorry Posted Image Good luck everyone!

I do not use simulation craft. I am not saying I wouldn't. I honestly just recently started using wow web stats, and macros. I wouldn't even know where to start. Let alone what to do with them afterwards. I am grateful to those who do for the simple fact that it enables us to have the information to have the proper rotaion, enchants, spec, ect. Give us something to base our skill off of.

Used it abit in Cata, where it helped me abit.

But im not using it anymore since the value u get isnt equal to the work put into it.

Must say, since ur bringing it up, im secretly hoping that u will do something like a sim, but with ur normal "easy to use/understand" userpage.

Oh and a pet would be so awsome. My own Majordomo Staghelm :D

SimulationCraft is great to test our optimized gear in add with CharDev. But since AskMrRobot is up to date I prefer to simulate with it.

Since i am raiding only in LFR at the moment, i don't see the reason to use Simcraft.

Momentarily i like twinking a lot more than the endgame stuff.

But Simcraft i s powerful tool for those who know how to use it.

I think that it is relied too heavily upon as it nearly tore my guilds core team apart over damage. I think that it can be a good tool, but there is more to it than just DPS pulled, in raiding what matters it damage done and many fights require lots of movement and target changing etc. I think that the main thing that should decide what you play and what you use to optimise should be what you are best at playing as it does require skill and experience to do very good DPS. One does not simply use Simcraft and then pull top DPS.

But otherwise, I do think it is quite a useful tool which can help you make valuable decisions, but shouldn't be seen as something everyone should follow.

Would really like the kitty as my favourite thing to do is use Fandral's Flamesythe as my main is a Feral Druid and would love an epic companion in the name of a good cause!

• Like 2

I can't say I've ever used Simcraft. It looks like an interesting tool, but between my own laziness and the fact the guild I raid with is very casual and I tend to be close to top DPS in the attempts (our other DPS are also quite capable of putting out very good dps) I don't feel the need to min/max to a degree as that. I prefer to ensure my reforging is right and then trusting my own instincts on what gear piece I want/need.

As for the kitty. Awesome you guys got two of them to support the relief fund they go to, even if it's a bit late for Blizzard to release it! Posted Image

Obligatory chibi picture to add to the post, as per usual!

Posted Image

P.S. It's a bit big, sorry about that!

• Like 1

Heh simulation is something I have never done, I usually test my theory or others findings in game over and over till im happy :D , but I applaud those who do use it and give us the results as most of the initial data to try comes from these awesome dudes and theorycrafters.

Tried to use it back in the ICC days, there stat allocation was a little bit more complex (still mages used spirit), and always told me to use the heroic versions, ofc I wasn't able to equip them, but prefer to use online guides, who also recommend other thigs, not only gear :)

No really using it often, just from time to time to check my cycle/dps on dummy. I do the same for guildies that seems to have problem with their dps. But it is not really representative of what they can pull out in raid (with movements & so on ...).

I think people take it, and many other tools/websites, as absolute incontrovertible fact. If I test my DPS with certain reforges, then test it again with other reforges and do more with the one that a website tells me I will do less with, the website is wrong; people still don't hestitate to let me know that I am an idiot and should reforge/gem/enchant differently!

TL,DR: Simcraft, and other tools/websites like it, are useful if you actually add it to your own knowledge and testing, rather than just following it without question.

Truth be told I just look at Simcraft to see which class does better DPS, but other then that I don't use it. I tried to use it for my Paladin once but I was confused and didn't really care all too much about it.

Simcraft is a good tool for DPS increase. It give you all the parameters for your DPS. Simcraft+Worldoflogs=Elite player

Sign in to follow this