FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Face Hunter BrM

Any reason not to play Dire Wolf Alpha ? Instead of wolfrider or a 1drop? So far, I like the effect it has on the deck since board is often full you can trade and maximize its value

Not sure why my post isn't going through...

What about Dire Wolf Alpha in place of wolfrider or a 1drop?

Yout post wasn't going through, because every guest post has to be approved by a moderator in order to prevent spam.

I had so much fun with Misdirection on this deck twice now! Give me your bitcoin address and I'll put some cents on it biggrin.png

Oh, and I don't even have Leeroy so use an Arcane Golem as you suggest.

But I use only 1 Mad scientist and play Reckless Rocketeer instead because with Mad scientist you have no control over which secret you get and the Rocketeer can just make the difference in the end.

Edited by Panzuulor

Guest Barhite

I find the deck works much better substituting one Arcane Golem for one Unleash the Hounds

I assume you mean cutting one Hounds for a second Arcane, since the deck already plays two Unleash, in which case, yeah that can certainly be better in some matchups. You weaken your matchups against Zoo, other Hunters and Flamewaker Aggro Mage though.

Hey guys and girls, i crafted this deck already with leeroy jenkins (the pain as I throw away 1400 dust sad.png ). But there is a problem, many times I nearly win but secret came out and ruined me, I want to include flare in so which card should i remove for flare. Trust me flare is really good, I used it before in other hunter decks and they save my life plenty of times. Again, which card should i replace for my flare. Cheers guys for helping me. <3 ;)

Guest Commenter

What is the point of having 2 mad scientists when u have only 2 traps? Thats just silly.

What is the point of having 2 mad scientists when u have only 2 traps? Thats just silly.

i used to find it odd myself,but now i actually agree with sottle(after having tried to use one extra freezing and snake trap myself).you will hardly ever use up both scientists during a game,and having more of a chance of drawing into a secret than a scientist can be devastating,as it messes up your mana curve badly.taking the risk of having to play a scientist as a vanilla 2/2 is nowhere near as bad as increasing the chances of actually having to pay mana for your secrets.

i agree that this is the sort of thing that is counter intuitive and you only figure it out as you play the deck though.

Edited by batanete

If you have more traps than Scientists, you are going to draw a trap first in a higher percentage of games, that's not what you want.

Wait never mind, Face Hunter is easy mode, just hit face, blah, blah, blah braindead deck etc.

I came back from a long hiatus to the game because my computer was in the shop, I was way behind on cards, and needed something quick, so I used this as a base and threw in a few things (Gladiators Bow instead of Leeroy, and I don't have Mad Scientists yet), I'm hanging around Rank 12. I don't get why people find this deck boring, I think it's exhilarating fighting for that last point of damage, and I often find myself thinking after games where my opponent survived with 1-2 HP where that last few points could have come from. Could I have used my Hero Power instead of dropping a minion? Could I have baited my trap a little better and created some more board advantage? I think Face Hunter is more cerebral than it gets credit for, you can make a million little mistakes in a very small time frame.  

i agree that playing face hunter isn't nearly as easy as people make it out to be,and that shows when you compare users of the deck at rank 10 to those at legend ranking.but saying it is one of the hardest decks to play seems like a stretch.things like handlock,oil rogue,freeze mage,etc are much,much harder to play optimally.

also,even though playing FH optimally isn't for everyone,it is the kind of deck most people can do at least decently with even when they don't,as it is a lot more forgiving of mistakes than any of the aforementioned decks,which is why i think many people wrongly rate it as an "easy mode deck".

i'm not hating on the deck at all as i use it myself sometimes and i think this kind of deck helps balance the meta around(although i think if you are looking to play cancer there are far more effective options in the game currently),just sharing my opinion on it after playing with and against it quite a lot.

Edited by batanete

New to Hearthstone myself I am in the process of building and experiemting with this deck, as especially in the Leeroy-Jenkins free version it is reasonably cheap to assemble. Since I am not fully there yet I have had to try out other cards, and about two in particular I am wondering why they are not included in the standard list:

1) Tracking.

Maybe it is only my MtG past showing and I have cast one too many Ponders and Preordains :) but drawing one of these in the mid game is very often very helpful in finding the missing piece (often Kill Command, sometimes Ironbeak Owl or Unleash the Hounds or whatever is needed). For me the card has been a net positive so far.

2) Arcane Shot

Quick extra reach to burn down the last few opposing HP, or an efficient board clear in the early game.

Could someone more experienced with the deck enlighten me about these omissions?

New to Hearthstone myself I am in the process of building and experiemting with this deck, as especially in the Leeroy-Jenkins free version it is reasonably cheap to assemble. Since I am not fully there yet I have had to try out other cards, and about two in particular I am wondering why they are not included in the standard list:

1) Tracking.

Maybe it is only my MtG past showing and I have cast one too many Ponders and Preordains smile.png but drawing one of these in the mid game is very often very helpful in finding the missing piece (often Kill Command, sometimes Ironbeak Owl or Unleash the Hounds or whatever is needed). For me the card has been a net positive so far.

2) Arcane Shot

Quick extra reach to burn down the last few opposing HP, or an efficient board clear in the early game.

Could someone more experienced with the deck enlighten me about these omissions?

Tracking is a card that deals no damage. Although it can help you deal more face damage, it can't do it reliably and sometimes forcing you to discard an important card. It used to be included in hunter decks, but it was replaced by mechs and Quick Shot.

Arcane Shot represents too small amount of damage to be included in a deck. If you drop Leper Gnome, it is guaranteed to do 2 damage, but can do more if you attack at least once. Leper Gnomes also forces your opponent to have an answer, giving you tempo. If you lack cards to build a face hunter, it is an OK card to put in.

tl;dr: these cards are good, but not good enough to make the cut.

Edited by positiv2

Guest Theraxin

Thanks for the deck!

Actually, sometimes it's painful to go on ladder, like from rank 12 to rank 11 I made it in a week, then went up to 8 in the last 2 days with nearly minimal matches and "only 8" because I went to sleep after the streak was broken rather than try more biggrin.png

And, I prefer that version more than the TGT version. Dunno, maybe it's only my luck, but Wolfrider was really useful for me to deal with exactly 3 HP Taunts (where Argent horserider is not that effective in most cases), while Lance carrier only came in empty field topdeck phase, where only 1-2 or 0 damage was needed to win (in 0 it does not counts in win rate, but still... 1 turn wait is harsh).

Using 2 creeper and 1 Owl, because, in most case, I don't need silence, I just want to hit down the Taunt (mostly just with the weapon) and play a creature which is much more of a threat (like, Knife juggler, Mad scientist). And 1 HP is seriously bad for 2 if there's no thing to use silence on or in "topdecking".

Guest Pentacidal

Of all the different face aggro hunter decks you've made, can you link that one that you think is currently the best? 

Sign in to follow this