FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Your World of Warcraft Noob Mistake!

When I first started playing I always worried about repairing my gear and making sure it was always repaired. One point of durability gone and I had to repair ASAP. The reason being is I felt that if I didn't repair and just left it my gear would disintegrate (due to being broken) and I'd have to find (or buy) new gear all over again.

In similar fashion... I played for years as cloth classes, and repaired constantly. While running old content on a plate character just a few weeks ago with a friend, I noticed an icon on my screen I had never seen before. I asked, "Do you have any idea why I would have a little dwarf guy on my UI? What does that mean?" He /facepalm and explained to me that I needed to repair. I am constantly making discoveries, in my 4th year of WoW, that most people figure out in the first week.

Great thread - I'm loving all of these stories. They make me feel better about myself.   biggrin.png

Ha my 1st mistake wasn't really a mistake, but funny nevertheless. Back when you needed to train skills for weapons, someone told me that riding skill worked in the same way, so i spent a good 2 hours racing my wee raptor between Org and Razor Hill to avoid paying for skill...