FORUMS
Pandacho

ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide

I have tried both enabling as an experience bar and disabling.  I still can't find any way to show a rep bar anywhere.  This is for a level 110 toon.  On a level 103 toon, my exp bar shows up on the left side, but there is also no rep bar anywhere nor can I find a way to enable one.  Maybe I'm just retarded!

Open your chapter panel and on the bottom there should be a tab that says reputation (or press the 'U' key by default) to open the reputation panel.  From there you click on the rep you want to follow and click the 'show as experience bar' box.  

So I've downloaded ElvUI and tried setting it up with this guide. However, there seems to have been an update, so the guide doesn't quite correspond to the options in the ElvUI config anymore. The main issue for me at this point is that I'm just overwhelmed with options. I looked around for profiles to download, so I'd at least have some sort of a start-up from which I can adjust things to my liking, but they all require tons of other addons as well. As a raid healer (holy priest), I use VuhDo for my healing, so I would integrate that, one way or the other, but at this point, there's just so much going on and there are so many things to adjust that I'm considering going back to the regular Blizzard UI simply because I have no idea where to start.

Is there anyone that can help me out with a basic healer UI that doesn't require tons of extra addons, or that can point me in the right direction? I understand that being able to adjust everything to your liking is awesome, but it's a tad overwhelming for first-time users.

Hi,

thanks for the guide - helped me get into ElvUI quickly. I'm not using any other Add-On for unit frames, but the role of each member is only shown in raids - it just disappears in a 5-man party. How do I enable this to be as it is in vanilla UI?

Also: How can I change the color of my own player frame? I don't like how grey it is :(

52 minutes ago, LadyAndraste said:

So I've downloaded ElvUI and tried setting it up with this guide. However, there seems to have been an update, so the guide doesn't quite correspond to the options in the ElvUI config anymore. The main issue for me at this point is that I'm just overwhelmed with options. I looked around for profiles to download, so I'd at least have some sort of a start-up from which I can adjust things to my liking, but they all require tons of other addons as well. As a raid healer (holy priest), I use VuhDo for my healing, so I would integrate that, one way or the other, but at this point, there's just so much going on and there are so many things to adjust that I'm considering going back to the regular Blizzard UI simply because I have no idea where to start.

Is there anyone that can help me out with a basic healer UI that doesn't require tons of extra addons, or that can point me in the right direction? I understand that being able to adjust everything to your liking is awesome, but it's a tad overwhelming for first-time users.

Can you please elaborate what exact options in the configuration don't correspond to the guide anymore so I'd update them? No one pointed to this kind of problems in Legion so frankly, I didn't check the basic setup process recently.

I can share my profile but have a question here too - what to you mean by tons of other addons that you must have to use somebody else's profile?

I use ElvUI+VuhDo, the rest of addons that I use in raids (DBM, GTFO, WA, AA) are completely optional and don't affect the healing in any way.

Btw, you can pick a generic profile in ElvUI config window->Profiles, so you wouldn't start from a scratch.

@Pandacho I've noticed the same as @LadyAndraste while configuring my ElvUI. This is mainly an issue concerning the "dropdown menus" - I just couldn't find them. I think they have been moved or revamped into tabs, they're just not where you'd expect them as seen in your screenshots. The sections "Minimap", "Name plates" and partly "Unit frames" have experienced some changes from what I've gathered.

Edited by moddlock

2 hours ago, LadyAndraste said:

It's true that it's a tad overwhelming for first-time users but unless you find install add-ons and then download profile, you won't find a already done Healer UI.

You should be able to do something nice with Elvui + Vudho for your UI. The guide for Vudho on icy-veins is simple to understand and will help you a lot to  setup it. For others Addon like DBM / WA / etc. It's all up to you to use them, they're not required.

16 hours ago, moddlock said:

@Pandacho I've noticed the same as @LadyAndraste while configuring my ElvUI. This is mainly an issue concerning the "dropdown menus" - I just couldn't find them. I think they have been moved or revamped into tabs, they're just not where you'd expect them as seen in your screenshots. The sections "Minimap", "Name plates" and partly "Unit frames" have experienced some changes from what I've gathered.

Ah, right. This was changed in the 04/09 update :-/

Thanks for reminding me, I will update the guide and include my current profile for people that are not interested to start from a scratch.

On 9/30/2016 at 4:24 AM, Pandacho said:

I just updated the guide for the latest ElvUI version (10.21) and added my profiles.

Thanks for pointing at the outdated stuff ^^

Thank you for so much information and easy to follow steps too. Elvui is now my favorite UI.

Edited by QueenAqua
Found my answer, still thanking the creator.

1 hour ago, Tsukiyo said:

Hey @Pandacho very good guide thanks for the heal profile it really helped me, also I really love your Vuhdo configuration could u share it to me please ? :)

Thanks already !

Sure, you can get my VuhDo profiles here in the Profiles section.

6 hours ago, EpicTroll said:

Somebody know how to change this background 

Did you download somebody else's UI package or ElvUI plugins? I never saw this in the standard ElvUI.

5 hours ago, Pandacho said:

Did you download somebody else's UI package or ElvUI plugins? I never saw this in the standard ElvUI.

elvui Shadow and light. it is nice for such cosmetic things.

Edited by EpicTroll

On 29-9-2016 at 3:17 PM, Pandacho said:

Can you please elaborate what exact options in the configuration don't correspond to the guide anymore so I'd update them? No one pointed to this kind of problems in Legion so frankly, I didn't check the basic setup process recently.

I can share my profile but have a question here too - what to you mean by tons of other addons that you must have to use somebody else's profile?

I use ElvUI+VuhDo, the rest of addons that I use in raids (DBM, GTFO, WA, AA) are completely optional and don't affect the healing in any way.

Btw, you can pick a generic profile in ElvUI config window->Profiles, so you wouldn't start from a scratch.

First of all, thanks for your reply and my apologies for getting back to you only now. The other addons (like DBM and GTFO) I have too, but when I looked up profiles, those all required me to download other addons as well - I don't quite remember names now. I'll try to import your profiles and see if I can make that work, ty!!

11 hours ago, LadyAndraste said:

First of all, thanks for your reply and my apologies for getting back to you only now. The other addons (like DBM and GTFO) I have too, but when I looked up profiles, those all required me to download other addons as well - I don't quite remember names now. I'll try to import your profiles and see if I can make that work, ty!!

You can definitely try my profiles - they don't require anything additional to install.

11 hours ago, dragonswarm said:

So any time I try to import one of the profiles it says error importing data, import string may be corrupted

Are you playing on english client?

33 minutes ago, dragonswarm said:

I am. Na server quel'dorei

This is the reason for the errors you get.

Sorry, all the profiles work only for the same language client. it is possible to change (translate) things directly in .lua file but this is the common problem - WA, ElvUI, VuhDo profiles give errors when trying to import them to non-english clients.

12 hours ago, kleenfire said:

You said you have 2 profiles but I can't figure out how to import them? I tried to copy and paste but that doesn't work. So how do we import a profile?

Okay, I checked and it turns out that the forum editor corrupts the code :(

I fixed it but you still have to remove the last space that editor adds after the string (it should finish with ==)

Spoiler

This is what you get after the Import:

1.png

Remove this line and you'll get this:

2.png

Very sorry if this has been asked previously, I have not found it asked before. I am having trouble getting rid of the action bars that come equipped with blizzard's UI after following your guide. I have messed with WoW's menu to no avail. When I click and drag spells from the ElvUI's action bars it also replaces the standard blizzard action bars with the same spells. So I have duplicate bars. Am I missing something? Ive attached a screen shot of what my UI looks like. I will say that I had A LOT of addons installed prior to installing ElvUI and have disabled most of them except skada/handynotes/mapcoords/dbm/GTFO/ackis/raid assist/cat rotation helper/rotation helper/tomtom/garrison mission manager/zygor/gnome sequencer. 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

SS ELV UI issue.jpg