FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Hellfire Citadel Warlock Style - Normal, Heroic, and Mythic!

I have a few questions. What is the proper way to dps Xhul'horac as destro on heroic and normal modes. The way my guild does the fight makes it hard for me to achieve optimal numbers. I see alot of guilds just stacking all mobs in melee and then locks would fire n brimstone em down. My guild kites the void mobs all over the place. Also if someone would give a rundown on how they dps Archimonde from start to finish would be great.

The problem with both of those fights is that there are 5+ strats for each of them so us saying "do X, Y, Z" is problematic. 

I haven't done the kite strat on my warlock, but I have done it. What *I* would do is Havoc adds that are standing out to far for F&B, F&B the Imps/boss/add when they are stacked, and other wise just normal Destro stuff. 

I also normally play Aff on Xhul because my group has 2-3 hunters, 2-4 mages, and 4+ DK/Rogues so the adds all died to fast for me to really get a CD or Incinerates off. I DoT cleave the boss and any void adds that are standing in never-never-land and main DPS the big add.

Archi...I hate Archi on my warlock. I *feel* like I don't do shit on that fight but I know its just my gear sucks for it, not having the right trinkets for him blows.

*our* strat is to ping-pong left and right for the first phase (100%-70% boss HP) during which I just Havoc on to Doomfire and big add and try my best to keep class trinket debuff up on the boss for CD dump. Phase 2 (70%-40% boss HP) is just Havoc on CD and focus on the add, I Immolate the boss but that's about it - nothing else lives long enough for it to be worth it. I ignore class trinekt debuff during this phase since there is just to much going on. Final phase (40%-dead) is more of the same, havoc and burn Demon Rock Hulks, focus boss, maintain debuff on boss.

idk if that helps you, but that's what I do for our strat at least.

In my opinion there is no proper way to DPS Xhul as it very much depends on your raid team and your set up for that evening. If your Raid Leader tells you to hit Void fiends then hit them. If you are asked to kill Imps first as you are low on melee/don't want green stuff everywhere do that. There are no set rules. However, sure if you do not have to worry about priority damage hope you have a couple of DKs and get AoEing those Imps and snipe lots of executes. Oh and also focus on Omus and the boss for the extra damage. Or yeah even as Locky says play Affliction if the adds are under control. 

Generally though for every fight with adds use Havoc on cool down/pre-cast if there are set spawn times and use all stacks. Snipe lots of SB kills. Use F&B when you can sustain it. Don't forget Immolate uptime.

I'm still learning what the hell to do on Archimonde myself.    As I get more comfortable with the mechanics and movement, I'm starting to try to pay more attention to when the adds spawn in the first two phases, so I can pre-havoc before they spawn.  If you cast havoc a few seconds before the add spawns, you can get a cleave off when he spawns, and then (if the add is still alive) you can hopefully cleave again with Shadowburn when it's close to death.  Or at least you'll have Havoc off cooldown for the next add.  

Speaking of Archimonde -  any thoughts on whether Destruction might be better off using a pet or Kil'jaedan's Cunning on this fight instead of Charred Remains, due to how much CR is punished by high movement?    

How well does Affliction work on the fight?  That probably depends on how well the group is bringing down the adds. 

I've seen some locks go DS for Arch. Might be fine to start with that spec until you learn the fight. But killing adds, especially in last phase will be much quicker as CR. If your group is bursting down adds no problem, making the need to burst down adds quickly irrelevant, then CR is still the best spec to tunnel boss.

I've seen aff locks do well on this fight, but they are mostly just tunneling boss; then in last phase dotting up the infernals for a bit of help, but still mostly tunneling.

Most locks seem to do pretty horribly in this fight for overall dps. But I think that's mostly about learning to anticipate the incoming adds and to minimize the movement. Remember, you don't have to move all that far for alluring flames; I see locks running 40 yards. Why? And save your conflags for upcoming allures, stacking/spreading moments. Using them on  CD in this fight is pretty pointless. Also use your teleport and gateway to get back and forth. As you say, movement KILLS destro so minimize it as much as possible. Do all this and you'll be competitive; but I think hunters and cleave heavy melee are still going to be up there in overall dmg. Not that that means you've done poorly.

Speaking of Archimonde -  any thoughts on whether Destruction might be better off using a pet or Kil'jaedan's Cunning on this fight instead of Charred Remains, due to how much CR is punished by high movement?    

How well does Affliction work on the fight?  That probably depends on how well the group is bringing down the adds. 

CR +GoSac is the only way to go with destruction, period. Make use of your demonic circle and demonic gateway for movement (plan ahead, know where you will be moving the boss etc.). You will need x2 DS for hero during boss burn phase + infernals.

Affliction is only an option if you are fine on doomfire+tank add+infernal damage.

Are the spec choices in the main post applicable for Mythic progression?

My own thoughts for the first 6 are:

Assault: Destro

Iron Reaver: Destro for adds though seems like Affliction does a lot better overall DPS

Kormrok: Affliction (as we have a lot of AoE usually and under the impression that ST is more important)

Kilrogg: Destro

Council: Affliction(?)

Gorefiend: Destro

I have only watched videos for the first two so far so not actually sure how the fights change.

I could also go Demo if it is much better but I do not have the class trinket yet or T17 set anymore (2 pieces are still normal so didn't really see the point in getting it back and going down so many item levels).

No, the main list is normal/heroic minded although some of it applies in mythic. A lot of it depends on your raid comp, Destro isn't the god mode snap and blow up it used to be and there are a few classes that are better enough at it than destro that comp makes all the differences in the world.

IMO for mythic progression:

Assault: Destro hands down, the fight is so lame that you could play or afk whatever spec/class that you want but if you want to be useful in the fight it is destro all the way. Use Havoc like mad.

Iron Reaver: Destro if your group needs bomb damage, Aff if your group just needs boss damage. If you have a couple of hunters and a couple of mages the bombs will almost kill themselves so you won't need to worry to much about it. Aff can really put the hurt on the boss though, more so if you use bombs to snipe shards.

Kormrok: If you REALLY need Hand damage go Demo with class trinket and T17 set items, if you need some Hand damage but not a massive amount go Destro with cata, if you need more sustained Hand Damage switch Cata for CR, if you only need Boss damage go Aff.

HHC: Aff is king hands down, GoSup and SB:H.

Kilrog: Desto if you are going down and/or you need add damage and you most likely will need add damage. If you have a really stacked group and you won't be going down in the Vision you can play Aff, but I would take Destro over Aff for any job on this fight in any form. GoSac/CR

Gorefiend: Destro and Aff can work, depends on your strat. If you want DoTs to slowly take down the mirrors than you want to play Aff, if you want to nuke them and nuke the Shadows than you need Destro. Both specs play very well on the fight, it simple depends on your raid strat and comp.

Soc: Destro. Dom, little dudes, ghosts, evil demon squid, Destro all the way.

Iskar: Destro. Cheesing the fight or doing it right, Destro would be king.

Fel Lord: Aff for wicked good burn. The fight is short and that plays STRONGLY in to Affs rek em mode damage.

The rest I haven't progressed on yet so I have no opinion on them.

• Like 1

Thanks very much Locky for the detailed reply. It's helpful to have more "inside" information and some bosses I will change as the need arises.

So far we only did some Assault attempts. Best was 4% on the first night so I know what you mean when you say it is lame though if people stopped AoEing we wouldn't of wiped so much! We do overgear it a lot though too but then we need that boost to our skill! It was nice to actually be able to get a decent amount of SBs (with Havoc naturally) out for a change. With the Shadow Priest, a hunter, other lock (when they return) and warriors being on the other side (yeah I got left which seems less little adds maybe?) 

So happy to be back in mythic (assuming we can actually get 18+ people to turn up).

Edited by spikeysquad

So I am starting Mythic Velhari progression soon and I will most likely go Affliction. However, I was wondering if anyone has went Destruction for the fight. If so, did it have any advantages over Affliction?

Thanks!

So I am starting Mythic Velhari progression soon and I will most likely go Affliction. However, I was wondering if anyone has went Destruction for the fight. If so, did it have any advantages over Affliction?

Thanks!

Sorry I'm late to the post here, but since I'm now working on Mannoroth then Archimonde I've dropped Affliction for Demonology/Destruction.  I tried Destruction on Velhari last week and it was pathetic (~80k).  I felt I even played it pretty well. There is a parse for Destruction that's about 130k and I have no idea how he was able to accomplish that (it was just a lot of havoc'd chaos bolts and shadowburns with 730iLvl).  If you're not going to go with Affliction I was able to do better with Demonology-Demonbolt - but there is no reason you shouldn't be Affliction for this encounter.  

The main point of difference from bad to great DPS is having DoTs and Haunt on 2 targets with Dark Soul and extending the Haunts with Drain Soul for the duration.  

I'm seeing some issues with that original list when compared to personal experience and logs I've seen, as well as not recognizing that the differences between heroic and mythic can be drastic in some fights, so I'll give a rundown I feel is updated from the original. You should familiarize yourself with Affliction and Destruction, which are split for usefulness in the entire raid. Skip to the boss section here if you aren't wondering about Demo.

Demonology is really only good for Mannoroth, Kormrok, and Mythic Kilrogg. The problem is that, while it can be the best class/spec in the entire game for those fights, it's doing things that are unimportant. On Kormrok, you can basically kill the hands by yourself, but do very little to the boss. While the damage meters will show ridiculous damage, since demonology burst aoe is ridiculous and you're essentially stealing the AOE damage from everybody else in the raid, the actual usefulness is minimal, since hands are very rarely an issue for the raid; if you have a pro raid group you could assign a couple people to the AOE and there it would be very useful, but typically people are frantically aoeing the hands as soon as they come out. The same on Mannoroth; you can decimate the spawning imps and any infernals in range extremely fast, but the main issue with Mannoroth is the burn at the end, where Demonology will fall short. On Kilrogg, it can actually be extremely useful in Mythic for going in the portal and destroying the incoming adds and getting the max buff for your teammates. I mean, if you're really attached to demonology it will do ok on the other AOE fights too, and can beat Destro in single target, council or cleave, but it's really a broken class, which Blizzard has admitted.

Having stated that, I'll focus on the affliction/destro specs in the list below (Note, for destruction it will be GoSac and Charred remains every single time it's listed, you should never switch up the talents from that). I personally always use Sacrificial Pact when sacrificing, because, say you have about 450k health, a 360k+ shield, accounting for the 20% health loss and compounded by your Soul Leech shield, is basically an additional 300k+ health with only a minute CD; just make sure you get close to the full benefit from it. You can reduce an attack or burst phase (like Iron Reaver pound or Kilrogg blood debuff) that would hit you for 70-100% or more health to just 20%, unlike Dark Bargain which will give you 50% flat reduction but with a 3 minute CD, and Soul Link, where the health you gain isn't going to save you from a massive nuke. It looks cool having 530health, but the actual usefulness is minimal, barring maybe Velhari.

For example, say you get a stack or a couple stacks of fire debuff on heroic/mythic Iron Reaver; it will kill you without heals, and sometimes even with heals, then say pound comes right after; if you take Soul Link you're done, with or without heals if you have both those debuffs, unless you use unending resolve and the voidwalker health ability, but SacPact or Dark Bargain will let you survive with minimal damage done, and you can save your Voidwalker health ability and Unending Resolve for times when you really need it and SacPact isn't up, or use both if you want to survive a nasty mechanic without having to move. Few things will ever hit you for over 700k, and your shadow shield and SacPact on demand combined will negate most attacks below that to only 100kish if they're lower than around 600k dmg. Basically, if you're good at predicting damage and can get the full health benefit of SacPact, or just want a big shield on demand, take it; if you find yourself getting hit hard when you're already below 50% health, take Dark Bargain. Speaking of which, ALWAYS sacrifice your Voidwalker for raid bosses. Without further ado, here's my updated assessment of HFC from the originally posted one

Hellfire Assault: Destruction (Normal/Heroic/Mythic)
Destruction is the only way to go here. Affliction won't have time for dots to ramp up on the single targets bosses, while destruction can do a quick ST burn and some ridiculous aoe. To make havoc management easier for those who aren't experienced with it (I admittedly suck on Hellfire Assault because I don't have the havoc timing down on this particular fight, while the 3 other locks who have better roll luck and have the trinkets that elude me in my raid are primarily destro and destroy the adds before I can) I would suggest Havocing the big targets, shooting out FnB aoe and then snipe small adds with shadowburn.

Iron Reaver: Affliction- GoSac/SB:H (Normal/Heroic/Mythic) Destro (Mythic maybe)
Affliction kills it here, probably has the best possible max damage on the boss, barring an extremely geared Arcane Mage who gets lucky and doesn't have to move a lot, but Affliction is far more consistent and your mobility is so clutch in this fight. In mythic, you MIGHT need to be Destro if your raid is struggling with killing the bombs, but to be honest, if you're doing Mythic I highly doubt the people are going to struggle with the bombs to such a point that they need you as Destro. The extra bombs that spawn during the single target phase on Mythic can be a problem, so I can see how Destro is useful here in certain instances.

Kormrok: Affliction- GoSac/SB:H(Normal/Heroic) Destro (Mythic)
For normal and heroic, the hands will go down so fast that Affliction's single target will far outweigh the usefulness of Destro's aoe. You won't have time to put out the FnB aoe on the hands for a significant boost and Affliction will still have higher DPS consistently, and you can just shoot out 3-4 consecutive seed of corruption on the fully dotted boss when the hands come up to get a little extra dps, but they'll go down very fast and high aoe is unnecessary. HOWEVER, on Mythic it's a different story; you'll have far more time to FnB, and since they're a huge part of the fight, it's important to have that kind of AOE mixed with decent single target, as opposed to Demo which only has the burst, as mentioned above.

Hellfire High Council: Affliction- GoSup w/ Imp/SB:H (Normal/Heroic/Mythic)
This is an affliction locks wet dream fight; dot all 3 of them, mix in a bit of drain soul, doomguard when 2 of the bosses are down and you're on the Dia burn and profit. You'll consistently have the highest DPS in the game here along with Windwalker Monks against similarly geared allies, barring some lucky crit parses or Gurtogg rage buff for shadow priests, mages and arms warriors. Affliction is the only choice here for all 3 difficulties. Hell, you can even unequip your tier pieces for this fight if you have better gear for those slots, although the 2pc is still useful to an extent for keeping up Haunt on the primary raid target during Dark Soul phases.

Kilrogg Deadeye: Destruction (Normal/Heroic/Mythic) Demonology (Mythic)
While affliction can provide some steady damage to the boss, Destruction's havoc for the spawning adds/bloods and ability to go inside for the AOE is far more useful, and far more dps throughout. As stated above, Demonology is actually useful here and not just for padding numbers on insignificant adds, but for making the inside phase easy as all hell for the others who go in with you. Havoc-Chaos Bolt any adds the second they spawn and finish with a shadowburn; you won't really have time to get the 3 charges of havoc/shadowburn on the adds that spawn, so don't worry about saving havoc for those instances.

Gorefiend: Affliction-GoSac/SB:H (Normal/Heroic/Mythic); Destruction (if adds are a problem)
Destruction is only useful here if your raid struggles with the adds, which shouldn't really be an issue outside of Mythic. Destruction's low mobility severely hinders the spec if you get fixated or hit with the puddle debuff and have to move out of raid, while Affliction is extremely mobile and can also easily destroy any adds. Since the adds will come out of the portal partially damaged, they will go down very fast during the first few inside phases, which means destruction is unnecessary here. The last few add phases before each Feast of Souls will probably have some higher health adds make it out, but you can even just multi dot a few and they'll go down. Destruction is really only useful if the adds are consistently coming out with high health and need more burst on them. Affliction will destroy Gorefiend during the Feast of Souls, and well geared Demo Locks can actually churn out a giant burst during FoS too if they use Demonbolt and get some good crits in.

Shadow-Lord Iskar: Destruction (Normal/Heroic/Mythic)
While Hellfire High Council is an Affliction locks wet dream, this one is the same for Destruction. Unlike Hellfire Assault, where you have to be quick on the draw with Havoc/Shadowburns to max your dps, the adds here will stay up for a little while where you can just tear into them and get 3 charges of Havoc/Shadowburn on a single target add without having to click furiously on nameplates, hence why I can destroy on this fight while sometimes screwing up on Assault. Make sure to Havoc/SB off of the primary target during the add phases, whether it be the Priest, Warden or Fel Raven, and make use of your teleport during winds phase to get more casts in if you get hit with winds, or to port the chakram out of the group.

Fel Lord Zakuun: Affliction-GoSac/SB:H (Normal/Heroic/Mythic)
Affliction, no question. Just make sure to use your teleport to get those seeds out of group and away from pillars and just go off on the boss with everything you have, and watch as only the OP single target damage of Subtlety Rogues and Arcane Mages can beat you. Nothing further to add for this.

Xhul'Horac: Destruction (Normal/Heroic/Mythic)
Since there are tons of Xhul strats, your rotation might change slightly, but destruction is still better every time. If the adds get stacked together for aoe burn, FnB will burn them down. If not, make sure you havoc between adds or the bosses, since all damage to the add also damages Xhul, and a havoc between them will basically act as if everything hits Xhul twice. Affliction can actually be decent if you're kiting the adds instead of nuking them, as you can just get adds to focus you while you dot them all up and slowly dps them, but Destruction is better overall since you can nuke those bastard imps down fast rather than waiting for dots to ramp up.

Socrethar the Eternal: Destruction (Normal/Heroic/Mythic)
Destruction, plain and simple. You alone can practically kill the ghosts by yourself using FnB while slowing them with Shadowfury, and you can havoc between the boss or the adds depending on whether the Dominator shield guy is up or not. It's a no brainer here.

Tyrant Velhari: Affliction-GoSac/SB:H (Normal/Heroic/Mythic)
Affliction, no question, is the best spec here. Just keep the dots and SB:H up on the boss and the add at all times. Soul linked GoSac is also good here for the reduced health phase.

Mannoroth: Affliction- GoSac/Sup/SB:H (Normal/Heroic); Destruction (Mythic)
For normal and heroic, I haven't actually had a chance to test whether whether GoSac or GoSup is better, but I'd imagine they're very similar in damage, depending on how fast the infernals go down; if they go down slow, I'd imagine Sup is better. The imps will melt fast, so it won't really affect that anyways. Since the adds die fast regardless, Affliction is better up until Mythic, when Destruction will by far overtake Affliction due to the add frequency and need for more AOE. As stated earlier in the OP, use teleport to get back after running from the knockback explosion.

Archimonde: Affliction -GoSac/Sup/SB:H (Normal/Heroic/Mythic)
Affliction is the superior spec here. Sure, Destruction sounds good and all when it comes to havocing the add spawns and bursting them down with shadowburns and whatnot, the bigger adds stay up long enough to get a full dot ramp up on them and destruction suffers from the movement you need in this fight, especially during the later phases, which heavily favors Affliction. Again, I haven't tested the usefulness of GoSac vs Sup, although Sup would really only help during the infernal phase and even then I don't know if it would be enough to overtake Sac. The best trick I use during the Allure phases is to place a teleport in the middle between the ping pong spots; as soon as allure starts coming down, just teleport and miss it entirely every single time, then you can continue dps on the boss ASAP; while it would be nice to just port, take a couple steps and resume DPS at the raid marker, I honestly use the head start from the port to get all the way to the other side for the knock up spread, so that other people don't have to run all the way across and risk getting others knocked up while they scramble for position; I'd rather take the high road and make it easier on them.

The original list hasn't been touched in god knows how long, so I wouldn't treat it as up to date in the slightest.

I'd love to respond to your points in greater detail but sadly I'm about to hop on a train for the weekend so it will have to wait.

My only concern is that you are discussing Mythic tactics for some of the later bosses without seemingly having progressed them? Imps are a concern on Mythic Mannoroth and must be gripped / stunned / AoEd lest they wreck the entire raid. There's also a lot more movement on Mythic due to the nature of actually being organised with mechanics for Doom, Gaze and Felseeker.

Also Archimonde Mythic is completely a Destruction fight unless you're running a bunch of execute / burst classes. Even then it's still likely superior; you have to nuke the Doomfire to avoid too many stacks (also Allure is a completely different mechanic here) and quite often the Deathcaller will need to be hard swapped to to avoid a tank death. In the Mythic only phase stars need to be bursted and slowed (conflagrate) and even more importantly the Infernals need to die in a matter of seconds.

Curious as to which bosses you have actually killed on Mythic?

I agree with Dubhglas's viewpoint on the first two bosses on Mythic, but the rest are just off. Especially for someone looking at this post at a progression viewpoint. I have 9/13 Mythic experience and can give feedback on all 10 bosses I've worked on, but cannot say anything about XH. Liquid already covered Manno and Archie, so we're clear there!

During Kormrok progression there is absolutely no reason you should spec anything other than Affliction. Even on Mythic, the hands melt in a matter of 2 seconds. Seed of Corruption is also pretty useless. You could just Drain Soul on those globals instead and get more boss damage out of that. Destro and Demo are Farm specs for that fight.

On Mythic Council progression you should really only be dotting Gurtogg unless your group has the dps to consistently kill him before the first set of Mirror Images. When the fight is on farm, have a ball with multi-dotting. Also, Demo and Destro are perfectly fine to play in this fight.

If you are progressing on Mythic Gorefiend adds WILL be a problem. I still have PTSD from that fight. No ifs, ands, or buts, go Destro. GSR and DSI are your trinkets of choice until farm. The mobility of Destro really isn't an issue seeing as you will be casting a lot of Shadowburn/Conflags on adds. Your boss damage literally means nothing in P1. In Feast destro does fantastic damage. I always find myself at the top of the meter (even past our Unholy DK) at the end of the first feast.

Once again, on Mythic, Iskar has some changes that will force you to play differently. When he launches off to do the air phase he will spawn a "Phantasmal Resonance". This needs to be nuked IMMEDIATELY. You cannot AoE willy-nilly like you do on heroic, instead FnB Conflags/Incinerates to gain embers, then single target Chaos Bolt the Phantasm. When this is add is dead you may resume your FnB insanity. This is my 4th week having this boss on farm and I still stick with that.

For Fel Lord if you have to go to the Realm of Shadows, just reapply Agony and Corruption before you head down, that way you'll maintain stacks/shard generation.

Socrethar is a Destro fight if you are nuking ghosts, yes. But if you are not, go with Affliction. You will have much higher boss damage.

The only amendment I'd make to Velhari is that you should not even touch the add in P2. Nuke the boss down to 40%, then kill the add. That phase is hell on your healers and you don't need to drag it out by lowering your boss damage just to raise your overall damage.

If you are progressing on Mythic Gorefiend adds WILL be a problem. I still have PTSD from that fight. No ifs, ands, or buts, go Destro. GSR and DSI are your trinkets of choice until farm. The mobility of Destro really isn't an issue seeing as you will be casting a lot of Shadowburn/Conflags on adds. Your boss damage literally means nothing in P1. In Feast destro does fantastic damage. I always find myself at the top of the meter (even past our Unholy DK) at the end of the first feast.

Hey Curinir, we just started mythic gorefiend progression.  I was assigned to the corrupted souls and am having trouble with "controlled damage" on them.  

How did you/your raid handle Corrupted Soul assignments?

You don't have a warrior or DK or spriest in the raid? They are normally the better options for Soul damage.

With the ilvl buff and such Gorefiend is a LOT easier then it was in the day. 99% of the guilds that saw him early took 200-250 pulls, my friend's guild (they are REALLY casual and...bad.) got him this week in 6 pulls. Six.

Shouldn't take more then 1-1.5 people on Souls, rest on Runners and Boss and just smoke him.

Locky is definitely right, having a Warlock control the Souls is not optimal at all. We had an Unholy DK as our main source of damage to the souls with a Shadow Priest and a set of Boomkins backing him up. However now all it should take is a DK and a maybe a priest if he can't solo them.

If your raid leader is hell bent on you taking care of the souls, then I'd probably stick with destro and cleave those souls down with FnB until they are near execute range. At that point, just wait until they are 7 seconds from popping out and Shadowburn them. If you run low on embers, Shadowburn the various adds that are about to die- but not at the risk of losing control of the souls. It's probably the hardest job you can have in progression, so good luck!

I've never done those Souls but I certainly know (since I was in the 250 wipe category) that one of the main issues faced was breaking Souls early.  It really messes things up.  And with gear the way it is now and the "surprise" damage that might come in from Doom Nova, among other things, I would certainly take a conservative approach.  Like I literally might FnB Immolate and RoF to start... then focus on Constructs until having to refresh that.  If the time started getting on and still a bit of health on the Souls, then I might go FnB Incinerate and CB then finish them with Shadowburn, as Curinir suggsted, ~7s left on the timer.  I'd don't think I'd go HAM and let them sit in execute for a long time.

Of course there's the issue of having your DPS and Healer souls split so not sure how you're working that.

Edited by Axxym

Same idea with Mirror, but not as much. Mirror *normally* doesn't hit the souls if the souls are a few yards back from the boss, but if they suddenly die it is something to check.

Appreciate the feedback guys.  We have the dps and healer Souls split up and I am on the healers. I'm not supposed to touch the other souls at all which sucks for fnb ember generation.  I am struggling to kill them when I can't generater embers while stacking or kiting. 

Do you guys suggest grouping up souls in 1 spot?

Thanks for the help!