FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Niix

6.2 Log Analysis Requests / Help my DPS Thread

Rather see a kill.

There's plenty of kills in the log, WCL auto-defaults to the last fight attempt (wipe or kill) chronologically as to show first.

Looking at Butcher:

• First BA cast wasn't until 7s in, and it was steadily delayed 3-5s so that you lost 6 ticks on the last one.
  • Pre-pot + coin (on pull)
  • Damn, RNG sucks, 2 procs of SoD AND Ring in 4:04

Twin Ogron:

• SS uptime: 98 and 94.5% uptimes, good.
  • 13/14 BA casts.
  • 31 wasted focus, not horrible, but not good either.
  • Only 3 uses of Barrage?  You should be able to fit more in without too much trouble.
  • AMoC not cast until 14s, then steadily delayed after that, 5/6 casts.

There's plenty of kills in the log, WCL auto-defaults to the last fight attempt (wipe or kill) chronologically as to show first.

Fuck I'm stupid I didn't even click to change the boss.

i didnt have my gear on durng the start of twins lol was trying to get multistrike food buff and left my waste and gloves off, im terrible lol

edit ***

please delete my last 2 posts i dont know how, just pulled off a really good butcher with a proper pull

really need help with bracken dps cant get over 35k

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8C3D4XBtyFd6c1AM

Edited by Xerinn

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Namine%C3%A9/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DF3HtBP6Ca4j7M9z#type=damage-done&boss=-2&source=5

I'm not 100% sure what I am doing wrong on certain fights. Some fights im 30k+ and some I'm not. I feel like im performing lower than my gear ilvl should be doing. I'm not necessarily holding my guild back but I just want to become better as a player.

From what I can see I think that my focus management is not that great, but I'm not exactly sure what i should be prioritizing for spending my focus.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Namine%C3%A9/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DF3HtBP6Ca4j7M9z#type=damage-done&boss=-2&source=5

I'm not 100% sure what I am doing wrong on certain fights. Some fights im 30k+ and some I'm not. I feel like im performing lower than my gear ilvl should be doing. I'm not necessarily holding my guild back but I just want to become better as a player.

From what I can see I think that my focus management is not that great, but I'm not exactly sure what i should be prioritizing for spending my focus.

first you have not the highest multistrike rating, so thats considered quite a dps loss. You should aim for as much multistrike rating as possible.

secondly, regarding gruul, you shouldnt be casting barrage against single target fights at all, if ever when you have enough focus, no LnL TotH multistrike proccs and you wouldnt delay any other stuff in your rotation, only then its considered a dps gain rather than a loss.

but yet the biggest and most obvious thing that could ever be the case of lower dps. JUST GET YOUR PET OUT WHEN PLAYING FOCUSING SHOT.

sorry for the caps but according to the logs it seems that you didnt have a pet in half of those fights, yet youre playing with focusing shot. Your pet does about 10% of your overall damage in singletarget fights

Lone Wolf -> no pet, 

Exotic Munitions, Focusing Shot -> get that pet out!

Edited by Megadeath

first you have not the highest multistrike rating, so thats considered quite a dps loss. You should aim for as much multistrike rating as possible.

secondly, regarding gruul, you shouldnt be casting barrage against single target fights at all, if ever when you have enough focus, no LnL TotH multistrike proccs and you wouldnt delay any other stuff in your rotation, only then its considered a dps gain rather than a loss.

but yet the biggest and most obvious thing that could ever be the case of lower dps. JUST GET YOUR PET OUT WHEN PLAYING FOCUSING SHOT.

sorry for the caps but according to the logs it seems that you didnt have a pet in half of those fights, yet youre playing with focusing shot. Your pet does about 10% of your overall damage in singletarget fights

Lone Wolf -> no pet, 

Exotic Munitions, Focusing Shot -> get that pet out!

I'm currently trying to replace all of my gear that has crit/haste on it from highmaul. Most of the gear in blackrock has mastery multi but im still working on replacing my gear.

I just got a weak aura to show me when my pet is not out or dead so that should help that issue. I'm so used to MM not having a pet and so I'm still getting used to the whole pet thing. Is it a dps increase to cast arcane shot over barrage on single target situations when I need to dump focus?

This is wrong. Yes multistrike is our best stat but the other stats still hold weight. Agility is still better than multistrike on a 1 to 1 ratio.

Get the addon pawn and import my stat weights to help you differentiate between pieces of gear.

This is wrong. Yes multistrike is our best stat but the other stats still hold weight. Agility is still better than multistrike on a 1 to 1 ratio.

It's wrong? So you shouldn't aim for as much multistrike as possible? That's new.

Yes, all other stats have weights, too. Apart from agility everything else lacks way behind multistrike (especially with the 4p bonus), as you should know.

Also since every item comes with multiple stats there is no use comparing agility and multistrike on a 1 to 1 ratio.

Of course you should use tools to compare your items, yet that doesn't really change the argument that you should aim for as much multistrike as possible. Especially since our Haste and Mastery weights are that low compared to Multistrike the fact that Agility is ahead of Multistrike gets evened out, so lower ilvl pieces with multistrike can be superior. (Yet you probably aleady know that) 

I think it's common sense to not change a 670 ilvl piece without Multistrike for a 630 just because it has Multistrike on it.

Maybe i wasn't as clear in my statement as i could've been, but i still don't think it is generally wrong, sorry. 

Edited by Megadeath

The reason I said you were wrong was because you were speaking in absolutes and said nothing about different ilvl pieces. If you're replacing a 670 with a 680 with out multistrike. Generally the 670 would've been better.

However, there are so many cases that this is never a question that can be answered with an overarching statement. That is why i suggested that they get the addon pawn, it allows you to take the guesswork out of switching pieces as it literally says the % of which the item is an upgrade or not. Obviously it doesn't work for trinkets or set bonuses, but you need to sim that for yourself.

You can not agree, but when you're responding here, never make an assumption like that or you could lead them into exactly what you mentioned above, them thinking that as much multistrike is a good thing and keeping a 630 piece instead of a 680 without multistrike. 

The reason I said you were wrong was because you were speaking in absolutes and said nothing about different ilvl pieces. If you're replacing a 670 with a 680 with out multistrike. Generally the 670 would've been better.

However, there are so many cases that this is never a question that can be answered with an overarching statement. That is why i suggested that they get the addon pawn, it allows you to take the guesswork out of switching pieces as it literally says the % of which the item is an upgrade or not. Obviously it doesn't work for trinkets or set bonuses, but you need to sim that for yourself.

You can not agree, but when you're responding here, never make an assumption like that or you could lead them into exactly what you mentioned above, them thinking that as much multistrike is a good thing and keeping a 630 piece instead of a 680 without multistrike. 

It's definitely true, as i admitted, i was unclear about the statement. I didn't really think through about what it could potentially cause because it wasn't the main point i was speakig of in that previous post. It was just something that came to my eye that his MS rating was low. 

All that fuzz about something as little as "..., as your secondary stat" which i didn't add because i felt it was unnecessary.

It's definitely true, as i admitted, i was unclear about the statement. I didn't really think through about what it could potentially cause because it wasn't the main point i was speakig of in that previous post. It was just something that came to my eye that his MS rating was low. 

All that fuzz about something as little as "..., as your secondary stat" which i didn't add because i felt it was unnecessary.

Yeah, you're not like COMPLETELY wrong. Multistrike is pretty huge. 

Hey, just switched from LW to FS and I'm pretty new to the slightly changed rotation. Spent a while hitting a target dummy today and was wondering how close I am to my SimDPS, which is around 33k.

I had Food, Flask, Multistrike + AP buffs, and used two potions.

Log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AnqZaFv3x6zgpj9b/#type=summary

Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/valtix/advanced

General shot priority I'm following:

Serpent Sting

Explosive Shot (LnL)

Arcane Shot (With Thrill + Scales)

Explosive Shot

Arcane Shot (With Thrill + Ring/Oglethorpe's)

Black Arrow

Crows

Arcane Shot

Focusing Shot

Edited by Valtix

Hey, just switched from LW to FS and I'm pretty new to the slightly changed rotation. Spent a while hitting a target dummy today and was wondering how close I am to my SimDPS, which is around 33k.

I had Food, Flask, Multistrike + AP buffs, and used two potions.

Log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AnqZaFv3x6zgpj9b/#type=summary

Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/valtix/advanced

General shot priority I'm following:

Serpent Sting

Explosive Shot (LnL)

Arcane Shot (With Thrill + Scales)

Explosive Shot

Arcane Shot (With Thrill + Ring/Oglethorpe's)

Black Arrow

Crows

Arcane Shot

Focusing Shot

A dummy test really isn't that good, as you're missing 7/9 (6/8 relevant) raid buffs, hero, and all raid mechanics.  That being said, I'll do what I can.

• Advanced Combat Logging was not turned on, meaning I can't evaluate your resource management (are you focus capping or not).  You can turn this on in Settings > Network > Advanced Combat Logging.
  • SS, ES, and BA uptimes look good, but again, I'd rather see how you did on these in a raid setting than on a dummy.

A dummy test really isn't that good, as you're missing 7/9 (6/8 relevant) raid buffs, hero, and all raid mechanics.  That being said, I'll do what I can.

• Advanced Combat Logging was not turned on, meaning I can't evaluate your resource management (are you focus capping or not).  You can turn this on in Settings > Network > Advanced Combat Logging.
  • SS, ES, and BA uptimes look good, but again, I'd rather see how you did on these in a raid setting than on a dummy.

My bad, don't know too much about all of this logging malarkey. I'll do what you said and repost in this thread in a few days after my next raid night. Cheers

Did a little normal run today to get used to focusing shot, here's a log:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cVBarwk48CbjL9fN

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/valtix/advanced

Any feedback's appreciated.

Hey bud so I took a look at the Germans parse.

First off black arrow is drastically low uptime. I can be 80% plus, unless you have the 4p, then it will probably be a bit lower as lock and load procs can delay it a little bit.

Your CPM is decent I think.

You had an insane scales uptime. 35% is definitely above average.

Try and get rid of your dragonspine, that trinket stinks for survival.

For the most part your lock and load uptime is good, however i noticed in the middle of the fight that you sat on a proc for a little. Don't ever do that.

I'm not at home at the moment so sorry about the poor formatting and lack of pictures I usually use. Start with those points and post another log soon. Your damage was pretty good.

The uptimes of your Black Arrow and Serpent Sting are insanely low. There is no reason you shouldn't have a Serpent Sting rolling at all times on this boss. There is always something you can hit.

You could probably not barrage the adds and instead just spam multishot, unless they last a while it's usually better to just spam multishot.

CPM is low, cast more spells.

Focusing Shot is better than Lone Wolf.

You only Multishot once. Are you not AoEing the little adds in p1?

You took 186k damage from one Force Nova, are you disengaging through them? That seems like an insane amount of damage for something we can just about avoid entirely.

Focusing Shot is better than Lone Wolf.

But I move a lot. Can I cast a Focusing Shot?

You only Multishot once. Are you not AoEing the little adds in p1?

I have a problems with a focus on adds. -__-

You took 186k damage from one Force Nova, are you disengaging through them? That seems like an insane amount of damage for something we can just about avoid entirely.

I don't know how diseanging through them. Need more training at LFR. XD

But I move a lot. Can I cast a Focusing Shot?

I have a problems with a focus on adds. -__-

I don't know how diseanging through them. Need more training at LFR. XD

You can still easily use FS nonetheless.  Focusing shot will help with having focus for AoE.

Hey bud so I took a look at the Germans parse.

First off black arrow is drastically low uptime. I can be 80% plus, unless you have the 4p, then it will probably be a bit lower as lock and load procs can delay it a little bit.

Your CPM is decent I think.

You had an insane scales uptime. 35% is definitely above average.

Try and get rid of your dragonspine, that trinket stinks for survival.

For the most part your lock and load uptime is good, however i noticed in the middle of the fight that you sat on a proc for a little. Don't ever do that.

I'm not at home at the moment so sorry about the poor formatting and lack of pictures I usually use. Start with those points and post another log soon. Your damage was pretty good.

Cheers for the advice, I have a habit of ignoring Black Arrow while adds are up and just tunnelling multi shot to do more burst damage to adds. Reckon it's worth just applying serpent sting to adds and then just continuing my single target rotation with barrage thrown in? Also, I'm well aware how bad that trinket is, it just replaced a stage 2 skull of war :P

There's a few other fights in the log I posted if anyone else wants to have a look.

Butcher (first log):

• How is he doing 22k at 669?????.. 672 but yeah... thats why we're asking for an idea or 10!
  • Focusing Shot??? No, Marksman uses LW.  There's too many nuances to MM that makes FS hard enough to min/max that LW's simplicity easily surpasses it... Then I spend half my time waiting for focus to mount up.. LW is not for me
  • 22/30 Chimaera Shot casts.  He lost ~400k damage here, or ~1500 dps.
  • 418 Focus wasted from Focusing Shot.  Wasting this much focus shows that he clearly isn't using it properly.  For MM, he shouldn't be using it anywhere above 65 focus.... point taken and being worked on.
  • He's not double casting Kill Shot half of the time... again.. I am now
  • He should be using TotH, not Dire Beast.. changed.
  • He delayed AMoC enough between casts to lose the full potential of the 5th cast.. I was probably sat waiting for focus :/

Butcher (second log):

• 21/29 Chimaera Shot casts.
  • Dire Beast?????????? No, only BM uses Dire Beast.  SV and MM use TotH.  He's not even using all posible DB's, 8/9.
  • Again, delaying AMoC casts.
  • What is he using Counter Shot for???? There's nothing to interrupt on butcher... no idea.. maybe hit by accident.
  • This time he wasted 602 Focus.  He's double casting Focusing Shot.  You NEVER double cast FS.  At one point he even triple cast it.  He literally wasted 1/4th of the focus he "gained". if everything else is on CD and focus is low.. why not double cast FS? it adds 50 and I have up to 120 so it gets used.

Does he have any way of tracking his current focus?  Or the cd of CS for that matter?... no, other than just watching the bar which isnt difficult really.

Sims are saying 28k Max so is the 24k I hit with the last raid really that bad??  

I'm totally at a loss as to what to change to improve matters mainly because everything just makes it worse. I was asked to try BM and dps dropped to 14k.. even my experienced other half couldn't improve on that.