FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Redfella's DW Frost WeakAuras

Great work as always.

With your new version, the rotation sometimes suggest Oblit with KM, even though I have enough RP for Frost Strike. Or sometimes it doesnt suggest anything on KM, when I can do something.

asdas_1.jpg

asdasd2.jpg

As far as i know, with recent nerfs.. it doesnt matter to have Oblit buff from 2pc up anymore.

I have the feeling that the version you released after I pointed out the Oblit-KM issue some days ago was more reliable... just a feeling smile.png Sadly I erased it... any chances you can post it? Just a constructive critic smile.png

EDIT: I think the issue its with Obliterate when there are 2 Unholy runes capped... it is suggesting it above KM procs (either with Oblit or FS)

Edited by Fastbrek

Just a heads up, the logic is pretty much complete, but I still have to solve some pretty damn weird behaviour from WeakAuras. Hopefully I can get stuff sorted out tomorrow..

In case someone knows: Calling WeakAuras.ScanEvent("CUSTOM_TRIGGER") works only on one icon for me at a time. If I set the icon to load: never, then the second icon shows and so forth. I have no idea why it's working like that (and based on Google-fu, it shouldn't). I even have another string where it works properly. Gahh!

Can you post something like a Beta version to see if the behaviour is different on another set of settings? Could be other add-ons acting up or something like that. 

Edited by Morgulz

Morgulz: My plan for this evening is 1) Main character HC farm clear raid 2) Continue with the WA development for a hour or two. I might share a beta pastebin of the string in the evening if someone is interested and I've completed the custom function.

Just as an update to my last message, I managed to find a workaround for the ScanEvents -- it only seems to function properly if the custom function icon custom trigger event is checked on every frame, checking it on COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED etc. breaks ScanEvents (WA creator has said that using ScanEvents is unsupported.. tho I've seen many complex WA's take advantage of it). I'll just have to throttle the on-every-frame-update in the code itself by incrementing a variable so it doesn't impact performance. My plan is to make the interval around every 0.4s (@ 60fps, at less than 60fps, it will be a bit longer per trigger update). This can be configured by users for their own liking tho.

The problem is twofold in any case, I'll need to refactor ~200 lines of code and update the triggers. It'l prolly take an hour or two and I'm not sure if I have enough time after my main raid. At latest, I'll release an update on Friday evening, and the revamp will also take care of the issue that Fastbrek mentioned.

Edit: And yeah Fastbrek, the older version was more "reliable" in the sense that in latest version you don't use enough resources, where as the earlier ones wasted wrong resources in the wrong place. Both are FUBAR, tho. tongue.png

Upcoming release will be tagged as 2.0 beta since it's a complete remake for most parts.

Edited by Redfella

2.0 beta -- test at your own peril. Defile is not yet tested at all, but should work in theory. http://pastebin.com/CzYZfTGb

Every trigger that requires checking for amounts of runes is using this: http://paste.ofcode.org/ch8iubqzmkhnFJ2DaPevq3instead of the Death Knight Rune trigger that is built into WA.

I'll try to smooth out any possible kinks tomorrow.

ps. Do not set any of the triggers to load only in combat, for reasons I cannot understand the Globals / ScanEvents goes haywire if you do that. Will try to find a workaround for the actual release.

Beta 2.0 in action:

Edited by Redfella

Hey Red.

The beta version is not working as shown in your video..  Sometimes it doesnt show anything, or it doesnt suggest Oblith when capped.

And all of sudden, the ScanEvents bug is totally gone for me and setting load rules to in combat etc seem to work. I have a raid on my DK tonight and will test the strings there myself.

In the meantime 2.0 beta2: https://github.com/rnyberg/Reds-WeakAuras/blob/master/Death%20Knight%20-%20Dual%20Wield%20Frost%20-%20Rotation%20Helper

"Ah, yes, I've a good feeling about this."

Edited by Redfella

Love your rotation helper! It keeps spamming things in my chat frame though, is there any way I can change that? Thanks for all the work you put into this :)

• Like 1

Rotation Helper 2.0 release candidate 1

https://github.com/rnyberg/Reds-WeakAuras/blob/master/Death%20Knight%20-%20Dual%20Wield%20Frost%20-%20Rotation%20Helper

26.07.2015 - 2.0 release candidate
[MOD] Show Plague Leech only if two or more runes are on CD for more than 8 seconds
[MOD] Hide debug output
[MOD] Run custom function on every fifteenth COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED event instead of every time something happens, as this was starting to impact FPS a bit in raids, where up to 30 players actions triggered updates to the WA
Edited by Redfella

It is working pretty well for me. I was testing it on a targeting dummy, so not in a real situation. Few issues that I found..

Defile issue 1: Should Defile have "Ignore Rune CD" enabled? As it is not shown, if your runes are on CDs and according to priority guides you should always use it when available.

Defile issue 2: Perhaps have a new string "Blood Tap for Defile" when Plague Leech is not available and you do not have runes to cast it? Otherwise, just have Plague Leech so as a priority before Defile?

Potential issue: Outbreak shows up all the time on the targeting dummy because of the Trigger 2.

Hi Red, I would like to congratulate you for the excellent work. Probably its a stupid question but: Custom Function works also in a different language client?

Marv: It should, I'm pretty sure I used spell IDs instead of spell names in the custom function. I can double check that when I get home, but let me know if something feels "off".

Jexter: Forgot to mention the previous post that I did not have time to finish Defile yet. Necrotic Plague should be 100% ok tho. Will try to finish Defile triggers after tonights raid. Also the "ignore rune cd" is there since I'm ignoring WAs own rune code and the display will utilize my custom function instead. It's just not done yet. smile.png

Edit: And about the Outbreak on target dummy, I know. I'm actually going to build some trigger for how long combat has lasted and hide the "on pull" Outbreak with that. It will also feature a "time to die" counter so we can be smarter about Soul Reaper, not triggering it at any health percentage, but from an estimate when the target will hit 35%.

So lets say an add on Archimonde is being killed very fast, we can then suggest Soul Reaper at say, 60% already, since we've calculated the dps to the target and estimated that it will be at 35% inside the next five seconds.

Edited by Redfella

Hi, Im a big fan off your auras! Great work!

However when I try to import the new Rotation Helper i gett an error from WA that says "weakauras error: decompressing, unknown compression method (131)".

Does anybody know how to fix this?

I used the 2.0 RC1 last night for the final 5 bosses of HFC and really liked it. I haven't used the previous versions as I just discovered it mid raid.  Previously I was using the outdated dkrot addon, which I love but the rotation was off and after getting my 2piece I went looking for something new.

I don't consider myself an expert, but from what I know about the optimized dk rotation it seems to be handling everything correctly. The way the suggestions pop up are a little off putting at first but I think I am getting the hang of it and I am definitely seeing a dps increase.  

Quick suggestion, is it possible for have the WA Icons do the circle timer animation when you are casting? Like this: http://puu.sh/jfm1I/0e06318cd1.jpg

It's a minor change but it would help me at least with the timing on some of the abilities, especially for the times that you have to cast HB 4 times in a row or something and it can get confusing

• Like 1

Try clicking the RAW button on the linked page, then CTRL-A -> CTRL-C -> Paste in to import box.

Tried this but are getting the same error :(

Hi Galrash, it's bit tricky to build the GCD to be visible in my WA due the custom functions and multiple trigger rules. This is why I created the GCD display listed in the first post, I keep it positioned right below the rotation helper so I have a small bar that displays my Global Cooldown, giving me feedback about a successful cast and helping to time my next cast. It's also the reason why the way that the icons are shown isn't that great, but it will have to do.

If it's not noticeable enough, I made this alternate version you can position right on top of the rotation helper to give you something similar as the default swirl:

dauXdaqjuLAuQuLtPsvDlP0UuI(LsyysLJPQwMK8mannu6AsX2GuFtjnob6COQADOQyGOiCqvQSqq0dbHjkvXfrvPnkv1hLuzKsQ6KcOxIQWmrv0orLFkvPLIIQNs1uvXvrrAROO8vuenxuLSxYFLugSk5WqTyq6XczYG6Yk2meFwPA0OWPL41cQztPBdWUvLFtXWfQLJ0ZrmDrxhOTRs57cY4fGZdj7xPS(6iVipWxoueC0WRaJmpcV84XAR1ZGtg84v2zK1G0AmWhCSCI8QL)LDlrlhGCy5W6iNeJPHzYcCYqC)g5b0lcczsXbuoQErqitQ(Tnnn8)RqZYFth6GF0ScPLfTCO4OW7ud4dgcJ1q1rCSIRtPCeZl7BX7e59Y0dpdKJVYHIPqySgQoI7lUoXXQ(SOrdK)F166hydl6kwH02auPC4HejNzdLump(SD9x2TD1UDbf12fZhyKXAXBxTBxmnggNdz7Ij2UyKzmFwSiuOqllrOAVnLhzzKbWcedfeazrAIlrl(v8dmylDGrgRftAHd1IqnKSn0GdJbPyYc5wdgwh5GKP2BUnubvEITZl1roaqBw0rPs5rwmHOJCs5TBh59W37o1ZdUaRR(Js5GKPwKftics5uC0OJCaG2SOJsLYHliiLiqBIsh5aaTzrhLkLtn2rh5aaTzrhLkvkNo7fZ7GkEKJbPyOyQCsmMgUNHGtqkohbP8YRK1ImaITtoWI7lpNasq6i)okadfLCsmMgwqkhUqITyuNjGKNdskN3rYtAzFFO6iprfpYjjobjYbjtTY72qjJGkFUnVuEDwduSD7ccJXcBc9KdsMAGVskiLd(MBZlLJbtJs5mMYoJuCnDYFGao0Y((qjI7lNeJPHRFk7msX97(YHlKylg1zcizEzNrkN3rYlWYRZAGITBxqymwytO3219UZMd9HZz7IzdLumV7lhHIbmEsXjwCnYdvGtgQ)Ahq0bxRQw7QcwTYUkKw2v5LiZtqLtIX0WqySgQoI7R(b7(b)RazByRQ6y)RcPTbO4aQ(b7(b)RazByRQ6y)RcPTbOsLYVjUpB1xPe

Edited by Redfella

Tried this but are getting the same error sad.png

I tested importing and it works for me (as it seems to work for others).

Could you paste the string your attempting to import to http://pastebin.comand linking it here so I can compare if it's missing characters.

Also, is your client english or some other language?

I tested importing and it works for me (as it seems to work for others).

Could you paste the string your attempting to import to http://pastebin.comand linking it here so I can compare if it's missing characters.

Also, is your client english or some other language?

This is what I'm pasteing http://pastebin.com/0Earg59k

Running on english client :)

Hi Galrash, it's bit tricky to build the GCD to be visible in my WA due the custom functions and multiple trigger rules. This is why I created the GCD display listed in the first post, I keep it positioned right below the rotation helper so I have a small bar that displays my Global Cooldown, giving me feedback about a successful cast and helping to time my next cast. It's also the reason why the way that the icons are shown isn't that great, but it will have to do.

Hah, thats what I get for not looking at the first post contents and skipping ahead to the end. I'll give that a try tomorrow it should accomplish exactly what I am looking for! Thanks again

• Like 1

It should'nt, should show up only during pull pre-combat.

Edit: It had it's load rule set to combat - was supposed to be not in combat.

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 1