Message: [string "return function()..."]:2: attempt to compare nil with number

Time: 08/08/15 01:21:34

Count: 1

Stack: [C]: ?

[string "return function()..."]:2: in function `trigger'

Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1906: in function `ScanEvents'

Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1820: in function `ForceEvents'

Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2350: in function `ScanForLoads'

...terface\AddOns\WeakAurasOptions\WeakAurasOptions.lua:8285: in function <...terface\AddOns\WeakAurasOptions\WeakAurasOptions.lua:8284>

Locals: 

I am receiving the same error on the first load.

Here are those 4 lines from the lua that you asked for.  I am having the same problem.

Line 1906 if(data.trigger(event, arg1, arg2, ...)) then
Line 1820       WeakAuras.ScanEvents(event);
Line 2350    WeakAuras.ForceEvents();
Line 2159 function WeakAuras.ScanForLoads(self, event, arg1)

I'm having no luck duplicating this error, but I did a bit of cleaning up and you could try this export (rota helper): http://pastebin.com/eqQrT2cU

In my development version I'm using UNIT_POWER_FREQUENT and COMBAT_LOG_EVENT instead of Every Frame, so mine isn't probably running anything during load screen and yours could be.

Btw, I've started developing 3.0 which now has working multiple target detection. As far as I've understood, avoiding being Unholy Capped during cleave isn't important and the few Death/Frost runes we spend to avoid being UH capped are lowering our DPS vs. DKs who just mindlessly spam HB. smile.png

Sadly Skullflowers guide is offline and I haven't found a reliable source of information about ST vs. AoE priorities and it's slowing me down somewhat.

Edited by Redfella

I just made an account to thank you for the WA profiles! They are really great and are helping me bigtime with the rotation!

Again thank you and keep it up!

Thanks for the help.  I was reading the link that was posted and read the guide and they say that if you are using Necrotic Plague then you do not want to use plague leach as it resets the stacks on Necrotic Plague.  Redfella I just wanted your opinion on this.  Also thanks for the response I will see if the new rotation works and I will get back to ya.

So you will not believe it but it worked perfectly right after i pasted the new rotation.  I then left WOW and came back in and it threw up the error again.  I was like WTF.  Any other suggestions you might have would be appreciated.  Also it does not tell me to do soul reaper.

Edited by Mastermind76

Just to make sure, you don't have any older versions of the "Rotation Helper" installed and you've deleted the old helpers before importing newer versions?

I think the only way for me to find out what goes wrong is for you to export the string and put it to pastebin.com for me, so I can import and compare differences.

Edit: And ofcourse in the meanwhile, you could just go to WoWs built in Interface options and enable hiding errors, until I can get the issue sorted.

I'll also doublecheck Soul Reaper, but I don't think I've made any changes to it lately.

Edited by Redfella

Message: [string "return function()..."]:2: attempt to compare nil with number
Time: 08/08/15 01:21:34
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: ?
[string "return function()..."]:2: in function `trigger'
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1906: in function `ScanEvents'
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1820: in function `ForceEvents'
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2350: in function `ScanForLoads'
...terface\AddOns\WeakAurasOptions\WeakAurasOptions.lua:8285: in function <...terface\AddOns\WeakAurasOptions\WeakAurasOptions.lua:8284>

Locals: 

I am receiving the same error on the first load.

Yeah, I'm getting this one too. Deleted both auras as well as saved variables before importing the versions released a few days ago, no change. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Great work you're doing, though.

Uncommon Patron

Thanks for continuing to work on this, Redfella.  I also appreciate the community's support and feedback to improve the product.

I am also receiving the error message the first time I get into combat.  When I close the error window, it doesn't come back.  I'm good with this until the next iteration.

• Like 1

Mastermind76: I re-imported the Aura string and I am not getting errors. I checked that I do not have Swatter/Buggrabber installed (that suppress errors) nor is my "Show Lua Errors" checkbox unchecked in options. I also checked that every trigger is looking for an Aura with a specific spell id, so it should also be compatible with all language versions of the WoW client. 

Here's the 3.0 beta string of the Rotation Helper. 

3.0 Changes:

- Cleave Mode custom function detects how many targets your last Howling Blast hit. It will reset back to Single Target mode if your next Howling Blast hits only one target, or if you did not cast Howling Blast for 4 seconds.

- Cleave Mode Trigger 1: If target count was 2 or more, suggest Howling Blast over uncapping Unholy Runes

- Cleave Mode Trigger 2: If target count was 3 or more, suggest Death and Decay

Edited by Redfella

testing 3.0. Problem with

- Howling Blast in CleaveMode

- Death and Decay on Aoe Mode

Message: [string "return function()..."]:2: attempt to concatenate global 'targets_hit' (a nil value)
Time: 08/12/15 12:36:26
Count: 5029
Stack: [string "return function()..."]:2: in function <[string "return function()..."]:1>
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\RegionTypes\icon.lua:227: in function `UpdateCustomText'
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:5269: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:5265>

Locals: (*temporary) = " 

AOE 
"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to concatenate global 'targets_hit' (a nil value)"

• Like 1

Seems like setting targets_hit = targets_hit or 0 doesn't cut the error away from the display it tries to access it on. Fixin' right away.

Edit: Finally got all the errors show up for myself, seems like disabling Swatter and having Lua Errors Enabled won't make them come back regardless. Anyway, I was able to find Aura display error and the new Cleave Mode error. Will update the string asap.

Edited by Redfella

I don't need much except for gold, since all this coding is taking away from my farming time, but because noone can donate gold crossrealm, I'm out of luck. tongue.png It's pretty much enough for me to see that I can help people out.

Edited by Redfella