FORUMS
Damien

Completed Quests Checker

Guest Hunterchic

When is the oceanic servers going to be part of this

When is the oceanic servers going to be part of this

Oceanic is classed under US servers.

Guest Hepnotic

Are you saying that they are not included?

I'd swear I'd already answered this but I can't find it anywhere. No, Oceanic is not included. After clicking the 'Region' drop box

the only options are: United States, Europe, Korea, Taiwan and China. Cheers.

It's throwing Internal Server Errors right now for every request past the first.

It's throwing Internal Server Errors right now for every request past the first.

Sorry about that. Looks like that server's hard drive had gotten full from the server logs, so the completed quests checker could no longer create the files it needed. Is the problem solved now?

Guest Bendenlen

It doesn't seem to be working quite correctly. For example it says that I did not join the Order of the Cloud Serpetns in Jade Forest with my Hunter, but that Hunter is riding a Jade Cloud Serpent...

Or in Kun Lai Summit it says I didnt protect a group of Grummels to Kota, which I did since I have the Grummels Chain quest completed entirely.

Also it displays some quests numerous times. 

But I love the effort and hope that you guys can make this work! I actually really need this, I am after Lorewalker biggrin.png

Keep up the amazing work,

Ben

Some of those things are just quest flags and not actual quests, meaning that you may be able to do them again.  Think of it like the weekly chests on the Timeless Isle.  They're tracked with weekly quest flags, but there are no 'quests' associated with it.

Guest Lady Pirate

Trying to find the remaining 9 quests I have in Icecrown but its listing 53 most of which I have already done. What am I doing wrong?

Trying to find the remaining 9 quests I have in Icecrown but its listing 53 most of which I have already done. What am I doing wrong?

Could you list your server, region and character name, please?

We are working with information directly from the Blizzard API, so if Blizzard says you have not completed a quest, there is nothing we can do (from the tool's perspective).

In any case, I removed a bunch of quests that have been removed from the game, so that will help a bit.

Guest Soulworship

It would be nice to include the legendary quest(s).  Currently there is nothing for the legendary questline to obtain Dragonwrath.

Guest eMDLY

Hey think I found a bug I have a dranei hunter lvl 77, but I'm finding a number of quests that only pertain to the horde like half my list I'd say.  

It would be nice to include the legendary quest(s).  Currently there is nothing for the legendary questline to obtain Dragonwrath.

I'll see how easy that is to make when I update the tool for WoD.

Hey think I found a bug I have a dranei hunter lvl 77, but I'm finding a number of quests that only pertain to the horde like half my list I'd say.

What is your region, realm, and character name?

Guest Nikki

Hey, I am still seeing quests that I have completed. Like a ton of quests I have done so I am having a hard time telling which ones I really have left. I have trying logging out and back in, logging out of wow and back in I even re started my computer and it still says the same thing. I even did like 5 quests that I found and still says I need to complete them.

Hey, I am still seeing quests that I have completed. Like a ton of quests I have done so I am having a hard time telling which ones I really have left. I have trying logging out and back in, logging out of wow and back in I even re started my computer and it still says the same thing. I even did like 5 quests that I found and still says I need to complete them.

Hey, could you please give me your region, realm, character name, and the zone for which you used the tool?

Guest gaugimel

The completed quests doesn't actually seem to work. I just finished 5 or 6 quests in Silithus and the list is the same (full) list of quests I had when I started (of course, I logged off first). Same thing happend in 3 other zones - the list does not get shorter as you do the quests. So you basically have to check each quests one-by-one to see if you need to do it. So it is just a list, not a completed list. Grizzly Hills, Gaugimel.

The completed quests doesn't actually seem to work. I just finished 5 or 6 quests in Silithus and the list is the same (full) list of quests I had when I started (of course, I logged off first). Same thing happend in 3 other zones - the list does not get shorter as you do the quests. So you basically have to check each quests one-by-one to see if you need to do it. So it is just a list, not a completed list. Grizzly Hills, Gaugimel.

It does work. Character info cannot be refreshed more than once every hour. I put this limitation, because I don't want someone spamming the tool getting me banned from accessing the Blizzard API.

Guest Bullsome

My chars are on the realm The Maelstrom. But somehow ice veins doesnt know that realm or what?

My chars are on the realm The Maelstrom. But somehow ice veins doesnt know that realm or what?

WHy doesnt the realm The Maelstrom work?!

That's a problem on Blizzard's side with connected realms. There is currently no way to get any information from the Blizzard API for characters on The Maelstrom. You can't even access the armory of characters from the Maelstrom. See our Warlock reviewer Evrelia from Scrubbusters: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Evrelia/ -> gives an error

You can read more about it here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11325183265?page=1 but it does not look like fixing it is a priority for Blizzard.

Guest clamus68

Nice feature, but in looking for quests I have left in Terrokar Forest, its showing Alliance only quests.  I am missing a quest and can not find it listed among the results listed.

Nice feature, but in looking for quests I have left in Terrokar Forest, its showing Alliance only quests.  I am missing a quest and can not find it listed among the results listed.

Could you please provide your region, server, and character name/

Guest Dhaeghor

Massive thanks for creating this tool. However a distinction (color whatever) could be given to starts of a questchain. For the rest keep up all the good work at Icy Veins!

Damien,

Thanks for the quick response.  Loved your site so much I created an account after i posted that.  

Rhønnin/Hyjal-US/Horde

So, the problem is that your character info is not available. For example: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/rh%C3'> gives a 404 error.

Massive thanks for creating this tool. However a distinction (color whatever) could be given to starts of a questchain. For the rest keep up all the good work at Icy Veins!

Thanks smile.png The problem with quest lines is that it's really difficult to identify the first. Sometimes Wowhead or WowDB does tell you that, but most of the times they don't.