FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vomitory

Simple stat question for any of you simmers

My warlock raids in a casual raid, but I'm not a casual or average warlock so it's hard for me to answer that. If you're not good at uptimes/haunt then yes letting your pet carry will likely be a gain - but I would say that it would be better to fix the issue than cover it up.

Thanks for the reply Locky. I am working on improving but playing well definitely does not come natural to me and changes to my gameplay take a while.

I have Heroic WF Fragment, and Mythic DUT. Next ST fight I'll definitely try DUT and also Sac to see what happens and how it feels. I, like you, don't really like the behaviour of demons. I've seen my demon sitting their picking  their nose, running in place caught on imaginary objects, frustrating. It'd be nice to not have to worry about that.

While the pet AI is pretty stupid - on single target fights it probably won't matter much since it won't get confused by target switching.  On multi-target fights I often put my pet on passive and then just use commands or macros to tell it specifically which target to attack.    

The Doomguard/Terrorguard (as guardians, not pets) being stupid with target switching is the most frustrating since you have no way to tell it which target to attack.  

Yeah it's not as bad on ST, agreed; but I've had my demon stop dpsing for no reason whatsoever or not run with the boss as it's dragged (not an imp issue and why I pretty much will just default to imp on every encounter). That random stopping of dps, not running, caught on stuff has happened more than once. But yeah I don't notice it all that much (of course that's when it really hurts, when you realize for the past 2 mins your imp has been taking a break mid fight). But yeah I still gotta try out Sac with DUT.

Target switching is supremely frustrating with those guardians, so much so that I'm just tempted to burn the CD on pull every time, even during council and forget saving it for the burn phase since at this point the fight is on farm.

I'm curious to know how big of an impact the fight time will have on DUT vs Fragment (assuming DSI is second trinket). Short fight favouring DUT? Longer making these closer together? Maybe not enough for it to matter all that much?

One thing that is getting me. All these trinket graphs have Heroic and Mythic CSP on them but these trinkets do not actually exist correct?

Nope, Chipped Soul Prism only comes in a 705 version.

Thought I might chip in on the GoSac vs GoSup discussion.

Currently working on Tyrant and I flip flopped between GoSac with DUT and GoSup with Class Trinket.

I've found that my DPS is more consistent and overall feels higher playing with GoSup and the Class Trinket. One of the perks of the CT is that it really smooths out shard generation. I can afford to Haunt both targets during lust and never have issues with Haunting Spirits unless I misplay somehow.

The nature of the class trinket means you cut down heavily on Drain Soul too, so bringing out a pet feels like the right thing to do.

I went ahead and simmed it just now for reference, and I get a 2k increase using GoSup on 2 targets over GoSac. More importantly that damage is on the priority target.

Dude, I'm on Tyrant also. We haven't pulled yet, just killed Fel Lord and then called our week since we only had an hour left in raid.

How is it?

Liquid, iirc, you have mythic WF DUT yes? and I'm guessing Heroic Fragment?

This is really minimal on my part. But this week I went Sac/DUT for Fel Lord and noticed immediately a difference in shard generation. I'm not sure if that translated all that much into a dps loss (too early for me to say with such little xp), but the shard generation is much smoother with Frag as you point out Liquid. On one attempt I ran out of shards completely and for about 30seconds there was zero haunt, zero haunting spirits. That sucks on such a short fight. That's probably just some bad RNG; but I've never seen that scenario using Fragment. Again, I'm not saying I did less dps because of it compared to sup/frag; i'm just commenting on the shards since Liquid mentioned it and it fit with my, albeit limited, xp this week using Sac/DUT on single target.

Thanks for running the sim Liquid; I seem to have lost your armory. Can you link it again just for reference, forgot your toon name.

Edited by Liarparadox

Dude, I'm on Tyrant also. We haven't pulled yet, just killed Fel Lord and then called our week since we only had an hour left in raid.

How is it?

It's a bit tough on the healers, we've been using 4 I think although to be honest our disc priest is horrendous (this is a casual guild and he's a friend of someone) but the DPS checks are non existent. We were trying to time the 4th edict to occur just before p3 however our DPS is so high that we had to stop on boss in p2 and kill the add. Also in p1 we were cleaving OFF the add to not push too fast.

On Monday we're just going to push full DPS on the boss and just have that 4th edict occur like 30s into p3. It means we have to sacrifice one additional person but in this ilvl it shouldn't matter.

Shizwix - Kazzak

Liquid, iirc, you have mythic WF DUT yes? and I'm guessing Heroic Fragment?

This is really minimal on my part. But this week I went Sac/DUT for Fel Lord and noticed immediately a difference in shard generation. I'm not sure if that translated all that much into a dps loss (too early for me to say with such little xp), but the shard generation is much smoother with Frag as you point out Liquid. On one attempt I ran out of shards completely and for about 30seconds there was zero haunt, zero haunting spirits. That sucks on such a short fight. That's probably just some bad RNG; but I've never seen that scenario using Fragment. Again, I'm not saying I did less dps because of it compared to sup/frag; i'm just commenting on the shards since Liquid mentioned it and it fit with my, albeit limited, xp this week using Sac/DUT on single target.

Thanks for running the sim Liquid; I seem to have lost your armory. Can you link it again just for reference, forgot your toon name.

I have a Mythic with Socket DUT and a Mythic WF with Socket GSR (that I coined!).

For single target I sim highest with DUT and GoSac, however Sac vs Supremacy has a very small difference. I think better RNG favours GoSac as does shorter fight where you can pack a greater percentage of your damage into the bloodlust and execute windows.

Just in case others were interested with trinket results, DSI in second slot. My DUT is Mythic, Fragment is Heroic warforged. In order of highest to lowest dps, all light movement sims:

SAC/Frag: 69 519dps

SUP/Frag: 68 737dps

SAC/DUT: 67147dps

SUP/DUT: 66 252dps

Pretty decent different from top to bottom.