FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Tempo Mage TGT

Guest Guest

I would probably swap something out for an extra effigy. 1 effigy can mean 10 damage to your opponent + an extra 7 drop. 

Just my opinion, but wat do I know tongue.png

Guest Xerius

hey i just made this deck and was wondering wether or not to craft dr boom or archmage antonidas i have a few other legendarys but i wanted to know which one is more crucial to this deck compared to one another 

Guest Guest

Hi sottle

Thanks for all the decks and advice, super helpful for a newbie like me. No doubt you considered these but I was interested in the reasons not to use either 'sootspewer' or 'saboteur' as the three drop

hey i just made this deck and was wondering wether or not to craft dr boom or archmage antonidas i have a few other legendarys but i wanted to know which one is more crucial to this deck compared to one another 

Probably Boom.

Hi sottle

Thanks for all the decks and advice, super helpful for a newbie like me. No doubt you considered these but I was interested in the reasons not to use either 'sootspewer' or 'saboteur' as the three drop

They both have 3 Health. 3 Health minions can easily trade down into 2 Mana cards from your opponent such as Quick Shot, Frostbolt, Darkbomb, Knife Juggler etc. Interactions like this where your minion dies for less Mana investment from your opponent than you made to play the card in the first place is the exact opposite of Tempo.

Yeah, that can be a reasonable tech choice, it would really weaken your matchups against everything else though.

Guest Flamewalker

Hi sottle

They both have 3 Health. 3 Health minions can easily trade down into 2 Mana cards from your opponent such as Quick Shot, Frostbolt, Darkbomb, Knife Juggler etc. Interactions like this where your minion dies for less Mana investment from your opponent than you made to play the card in the first place is the exact opposite of Tempo.

Thanks Sottle, very useful. I've kept the spellslingers in and more often than not they are great. Also finding the archmage robin combo very effective, most clear robin without considering his deathrattle.

One more question, any suggestions on mulligans and tactics v Dragon priest. No doubt it's mostly my inexperience but I'm regularly getting mauled by that deck.

Thanks

Guest Fluffy

I've stuck with 1x Counterspell over 1x Effigy. It's been a very consistent and game-changing spell for me.

Guest NotZach

Hey a y thoughts on replacing the spell slingers with harvest golems? the rng on the spells haven't worked out for me

Guest mason

I LOve this deck and haven't lost since I started playing (granted i've only played two games) but this is an amazing deck thanks!!!!

Is sylvanas a good replace for rhonin?

It's ok yeah.

Hey a y thoughts on replacing the spell slingers with harvest golems? the rng on the spells haven't worked out for me

I wouldn't, the 3/4 body is too valuable.

Hi Sottle. Thanks for this deck. I have a decent win rate with it, and I don't even have the required legendaries. I've subbed Dr. Boom, Antonidas and Rhonin for Nefarian, Chromaggus, and Thaurisan.  It does OK against all classes excpet Hunter and Pali.

Currently at 22 wins and 23 losses overall, and winrate is only 49% because of 100% loss vs Hunter (4 games) and Pali (8 games). It's rather frustrating.

Opening hand is usually Apprentice, Mana wrym, frostbolt, maybe flamewaker, or spellslinger, or scientist (this is ignoring the times I get 2 or 3 secrets).

Their opening card is usually a leper gnome which will simply remove my apprentice, so I use hero power to remove it. Then the pali follows up with shielded minibot, which again will simply remove my apprentice for free, so I pop the bubble with hero power, and they play another minibot, or they give that one divine shield again with argent protector.  By the time I play flamewaker or spellslinger on turn 3 or 4, they equip their truesilver champion and take it out. By turn 5 or 6 I've got 10 life and it doesn't matter what I play, board is lost to a swarm of minions.

Sometimes I can clear the board with flamewaker, but they usually fill it back up quickly, and remove my stuff with buffs and shields.

If I get mad scientists right away and get mirror entity out, it is guaranteed to be wasted on another leper gnome, protector or abusive sergeant, often wasting effigy at the same time.

I don't see what I can do differently. My early cards are perfect free trades for his. If I use hero power to remove the minions and bubbles, then I'm not playing on curve, and not gonna win.

Some advice would be great!

I've since raised by win rate vs Pali to about 50% by changing it to the non-secrets version of this deck (secrets always net you an owl, or abusive sergeant etc), and the majority of paladins seem to now be secrets based instead of aggrodins at my rank.  I've chalked up my initial loss rates to Palis to a bad streak of them getting the perfect opening hand for all 8 games.  Now at 9 wins, 10 losses vs paladins (subtracting the 8 losses from the previous deck version)

Removing secrets had a negative effect on beating other mages, but didn't affect druids as much as I thought it would.

Edited by Atelo

Guest bernlin2000

Had come just to thank you, Sottle, for putting this deck together. It's a lot of fun, regardless of whether I win or not. Oftentimes, it comes down to getting the right cards at the right time (what's new?). Love the RNG, surprisingly: unstable portal is always a riot, sometimes get some really crazy-fun stuff.

Guest Sam

Two things I want to ask.

1. I don't like the idea of helping out my opponent with a spell so why not just replace the Spellslingers with Spider Tanks? That way you still have a 3/4 body?

2. Would replacing one Azure Drake for Emperor Thaurissan be ok for the deck?

Emperor is not really necessary in the deck. The key to Emperor in most decks is making things possible that you can't usually do with regular Mana contraints.

People look at Spellslinger really weirdly from my perspective, you're not really helping out your opponent with a spell when your deck is specifically built to take advantage of spell synergy with Mana Wyrm, Flamewaker, Antonidas, Apprentice etc.

Guest WickedGames

How would you recommend playing this deck vs TGT Face Hunter?

How would you recommend playing this deck vs TGT Face Hunter?

Not really, Face Hunter is slightly (you can still win with reasonable draw) favoured against Tempo mage. If you face big amount of Face Hunters decks, use Warrior, Dragon Priest or Freeze Mage. Tempo mage is still more than viable, but against Face Hunter, there are better alternatives.

You can still do decent against Face Hunter, but I agree that they are slightly favoured, You need to go all in for Mana Wyrm, Mad Scientist and the 1 Mana spells in your opening hand. You can also tech in some more early game spells like Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles, that'll help you out too.

Hey there, in the mulligan section you write about keeping arcane missiles in your hand. However, the deck doesn't run any. 

Guest Guest

What are you throughs on arcane blast? Seems like it would be a fairly decent card especially with azure drakes being run.

Yeah i've come around a bit to Arcane Blast, i'm working on an update to this deck that will probably include Arcane Blast.

Sign in to follow this