Damien

Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan

Sign in to follow this  

22 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Kerrigan build guide for Heroes of the Storm.

• Haha 1

This build makes little to no sense. Why, exactly, sacrifice all damage building talents in favor of tanking talents, exactly? Kerrigan is a hit-and-run character. Relying on her ability to tank damage with her shields is asinine. Gank with ability power and, if she doesn't get the killing blow, disengage and re-engage upon cooldowns.

Lv1: Sharpened Blades (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv4: Envenom (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv7: Battle Momentum (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv10: Summon Ultralisk (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv13: Double Strike (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv16: Essence for Essence (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv20: Bolt of the Storm (Because Kerrigan is NOT a tank.)

On 17.12.2015 at 8:33 PM, Guest Phoby Trice said:

This build makes little to no sense. Why, exactly, sacrifice all damage building talents in favor of tanking talents, exactly? Kerrigan is a hit-and-run character. Relying on her ability to tank damage with her shields is asinine. Gank with ability power and, if she doesn't get the killing blow, disengage and re-engage upon cooldowns.

Lv1: Sharpened Blades (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv4: Envenom (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv7: Battle Momentum (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv10: Summon Ultralisk (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv13: Double Strike (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv16: Essence for Essence (Because Kerrigan isn't a tank.)

Lv20: Bolt of the Storm (Because Kerrigan is NOT a tank.)

Sorry but this also makes no sense.. Because Kerrigans aoe is lost with this ulti, i wouldn´t recommend to use ultralisk. i agree with your opinion that kerrigan is not a tank, but she doesn´t need to be a tank to take advantage of additional heals, especially if you are jumping out of healers range and he can´t follow fast enough. So first talent should always be siphoning impact. Second talent envenom is ok for me because you will not always kill instant with clean kill (combination of ravage talents is interesting anyway), and for low-rank games i would surely prefer omegastorm as a last instead of bolt of the storm

Not sure if this has been addressed but you don't have a recommended talent for level 13 right now.  You still have Lingering Essence there, and then all three of the current talent picks are placed under Not Recommended.

I've had great runs in mid-tier elo using a more melee centered build paired with either a rehgar and/or a Lt. Morales.

1. siphoning impact

4. fury of the swarm

7. bladed momentum or if they have high burst then adaptation

10. maelstrom

13. double strike

16. aggressive defense

20. nexus blade or bolt of storm if they have good escape mechanics

This turns kerrigan into an AA monster that can shred multiple people down at once if they make the unfortunate mistake of bunshing together, which does happen quite often at the level where I play, especially assassins sticking near their supports.

Either rehgar or morales are a must for this to work well though 

2 hours ago, Guest Castitatis said:

I've had great runs in mid-tier elo using a more melee centered build paired with either a rehgar and/or a Lt. Morales.

1. siphoning impact

4. fury of the swarm

7. bladed momentum or if they have high burst then adaptation

10. maelstrom

13. double strike

16. aggressive defense

20. nexus blade or bolt of storm if they have good escape mechanics

This turns kerrigan into an AA monster that can shred multiple people down at once if they make the unfortunate mistake of bunshing together, which does happen quite often at the level where I play, especially assassins sticking near their supports.

Either rehgar or morales are a must for this to work well though 

Yeah, the need to auto-attack with a melee hero is often quite dangerous (especially if the opposing team has good pokers), requiring you to have a pocket healer, which significantly reduces the usability of some talents, such as the Fury of the SwarmFury of the Swarm. How successful are you with this build?

I want to point out that fury of the swarm does a lot more damge than psionic pulse in far less time while landing W-E combo and also is a passive so its ALWAYS active and greatly contributes to Kerrigan shield when she dives in the enemy team with Malestrom.

Anothe talent that sinergizes well with fury of the swarm is assimilation mastery because one of kerrigan weak points is the high mana cost of her abilities (175 for QWE combo).  Bladed momentum is a very good talent but relying on it in long teamfights leaves you with no mana ( only 3 combo at most and even less if you pick siphoning impact at level 1) and kerrigan with no mana is utterly useless.

Kerrigan talents are ALWAYS extremely situational but i think more credit should be given to overdrive since uther and tyrael are almost fixed bans now. This talent beside having a very low CD it powers up Malestrom damage (the shield gets 250% at lv20 if you pick omegastorm) and dramatically improves your burst damage which is kerrigan main trait (especially if you have picked sharpened blades at lv1 and clean kill at lv4). The increased mana cost can be easily covered with assimilation mastery or/and malfurion trait.

I don't agree with these builds.

I find the biggest strength in Kerrigans staying power is when you combine Fury of the Swarm 4 with Double Strike 13 and Agressive Defence 16. The cleave, which also benefits from the extra auto hits on 13, all generate extra shields from the 16 talent.

My most successful build by far as a Kerrigan main with 65% winrate over 400+ games is similar to what Castitatis posted above, :

Cleave Build

1. Sharpened Blades/Block
2. Fury of the Swarm
3. Bladed Momentum
4. Maelstrom
5. Double Strike
6. Aggressive Defense (Occasionally Consider Essence for Essence if I find myself consistently just needing a little extra damage for a kill after a Q/AA+Proc/W-E/AA+Proc/AA combo. Can heavily depend on levels as well).
7. Psionic Shift

If I go for a ravage build I will tend to go as follows:

1. Siphoning Impact.
4. Clean KIll
7. Bladed Momentum
10. Maelstrom
13. Eviscerate/Double Strike (Depends on target choice in fights)
16. Essence for Essence (Without all the cleave value from the above build I don't feel like Aggressive Defence gets enough value, especially If you are going for a ravage build, these fights should be relatively short and snappy, and therefore Essence for Essence should generally get more value)
20. Psionic Shift

The Cleave build is  much better at taking Merc camps than a standard Ravage build. At 13, you have the flexibility of burning some extra mana and clearing it super fast (faster than any other melee (Samuro, Greymane, Wrath Sonya included), or to preserve your mana and cleave it down a little slower. The healing lost from the ravage build in this regard is made up for the fact that you gain so much extra shielding from the cleave damage. It also has other little benefits such as clearing Zag creep with the cleave if positioned correctly too.

For Infernal Shrines and Haunted Mines I usually play a ravage build, as it is fantastic at clearing the shrine/small skull camps but if I see a game I can heavily abuse sappers on Mines with the above cleave build then I will opt for that. with Sharpened Blades/Fury of the Swarm on 1 & 4 you clear these sapper camps very fast and i feel it scales much better late game due to superior synergy.

When choosing which build also take into account things like how much value block would get. If I'm against a butcher I need to heavily consider this and it can often decide the route of my build. Always look for things you can abuse for healing/shielding. For example If you are against a Nazeebo, you can abuse the Zombie Wall to heal up with ravage build. Same with Pufferfish, Beetles, and so on. The list is pretty substantial but I will always go to one of these two builds. Sometimes this makes me even consider Omegastorm at 20. Things like Samuro clones, Arthas Army, Chen Ult. and even Brocoli can give you extra value from this you should take into account.

11 hours ago, Guest User1 said:

No Ultralisk on Kerrigan Abilities and strategy

Thanks for pointing this out! It must have been removed by mistake.

On 9/7/2015 at 11:29 AM, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our Kerrigan build guide for Heroes of the Storm.

Ahahahaha i suggest people who come here to avoid this build for kerrigan,6 years of playing LOL and making such a poor guide for such a great killer hero,who made this never should've touch even kerrigan.As a player of kerrigan i recommend: 

lvl1.Sharpened Blades.

lvl 4.Psionic Pulse.

lvl 7.Assimilation Mastery.

lvl10.Maelstrom.

lvl13(Here it depends on situation and enemy,if opposing team has a tank like arthas or such stuff,or a killer like butcher go for double strike,if you find yourself in a more comfortable position with opposing players without high in HP go for Queen's Rush,will help you chasing players trying to avoid maelstrom or your other skills while maelstrom activated.

Lvl16.Also same situation like previous on 13,if your team needs someone with high damage go for Overdrive.But if your team has enough damage output go for aggressive defense.Usually i prefer Overdrive(never bad having a 25% boost:D)

Lvl.20.Omegastorm focuses on your shileds amount you gain from lvl 10Maelstrom,but i recomend Nexus Blades.

Cheers.and GLHF.

Edited by Cdavid
typo

2 hours ago, Cdavid said:

Ahahahaha i suggest people who come here to avoid this build for kerrigan,6 years of playing LOL and making such a poor guide for such a great killer hero,who made this never should've touch even kerrigan.As a player of kerrigan i recommend: 

I mean, not just our guide disagrees with you, but HoTSLogs %s do as well.

3.3% taking Queen's Rush in last 7 days vs. 73.1% taking Double Strike at 13.

Even less for Overdrive, 2.8% take it on 16. 

If they were at least at 10%+, there might be an argument here, but those are incredibly low %s.

You say you are a player of Kerrigan, but what exactly do you mean? What rank are you currently at? Do you play her against AI, in Quick Play, in Ranked? These are all important pieces of information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kerrigan i play in ranked mode and quick matches...the build with Queen's Rush for me it's useful. I've mentioned already some players are like frozen when you activate Maelstrom and will try to get out of it's range,that talent helps me keep me close enough to him.Like i was saying Double Strike i prefer it in fights with other dps such as The Butcher,who's dealing a crazy amount of dmg in team fights especially after gathering 200 meat.Now i should ask you back,what you do with 2 talents on Eviscerate?? for healing and 40% distance?

This build i suggest it for normal players,i've already read your thoughts far away they are at championships even dough neither you don't reach there as neither i.

12 minutes ago, Cdavid said:

Kerrigan i play in ranked mode and quick matches...the build with Queen's Rush for me it's useful. I've mentioned already some players are like frozen when you activate Maelstrom and will try to get out of it's range,that talent helps me keep me close enough to him.Like i was saying Double Strike i prefer it in fights with other dps such as The Butcher,who's dealing a crazy amount of dmg in team fights especially after gathering 200 meat.Now i should ask you back,what you do with 2 talents on Eviscerate?? for healing and 40% distance?

You are criticising two different builds in the same comparison? I don't understand how that's possible. They are intended to do two different things. The first build is there specifically to output as much damage as possible, sacrificing all survivability for it. This is very clearly noted below it. You take talents to deal as much damage as possible to a single priority target. That's when you take things like Double Strike, specifically to counter things like Butcher. You aim to kill them in one stun by ensuring your team focuses them alongside you. This is exactly what the guide says, what you say and then you say the guide is completely wrong. 

The second build, with the range and healing talent are never meant to be taken against things like the Butcher. That's the whole point of the build. We never recommended it to be taken so, yet you are saying that the Butcher counters that build. I really don't understand.

The second build is to be used to stick to ranged targets that can kite you and slowly kill you, with roots or jumps. Definitely not a hero like the Butcher. 

Calling the guide "such a poor guide" and then attacking a specific build for its ability to counter a hero it was never meant to counter is just downright ridiculous, especially when another talent build is listed next to it already that is for said hero.

18 minutes ago, Cdavid said:

This build i suggest it for normal players,i've already read your thoughts far away they are at championships even dough neither you don't reach there as neither i.

Just because someone is a normal player, doesn't mean they need to use a sub-par talent. If anything, taking Overdrive is even worse for the normal player, because you lose any survivability from the other two choices. So actually, your choice of Overdrive would belong with the pro players that have pro supports to save them.

• Like 1

Here's a pretty good build I just stole from someone posting it in Blizzard's official HotS forums.

https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/kerrigan#29.7!332221.

I gave it a try myself, it's a lot better than the old Ravage build (which has been literally "ravaged" after the last nerfs). It's pretty good - though she's still a kind of niche hero. This worked well for me in Tomb.

Justifications (as the guy who posted, argued the reasoning behind these talent choices):

1 - Damage Block. This helps a lot in making you tanky. It may seem that 2 instances of 75% physical armor against enemy Hero attacks is not much, but it helps you in building up your shield from your trait. You can see it as a form of sustain - the typical "lifesteal sustain" restores some of your health as long as you keep attacking something. That kind of negates some of the damage you're taking, which is exactly the same thing this talent does. The advantage is that you don't have to actually attack anything to negate a portion of their attack damage, but in exchange for that, it doesn't work against spells. But given that you're a melee hero with the ability to dive into the enemy you're bound to get attacked anyway and this will serve its purpose.

4- Cleave. This not only helps in waveclearing, for no manacost whatsoever - this also HELPS BUILDING UP YOUR SHIELDS VERY FAST. Do you remember how Assimilation works? yeah, that's right. You have to hurt enemies with your attacks and spells. The more enemies you manage to hurt at once, the more shields you get. Since Cleave causes your attacks to damage several minions at once (or if you're really really lucky you might be able to attack and damage more than 1 enemy Hero with the Cleave if they're really clumped together). If you're in lane, you're just hitting minions with cleave, you're clearing waves but also building up your shields in the process. This is obviously handy in preparation for diving at an enemy where you might get hurt.

7 - Assimilation Mastery. This combined with the fact that you're damaging several minions at once with each Cleave attack improves the duration of your Assimilation Shields and your health and mana regen along with it. You may still go for Bladed Momentum if you like, but keep in mind that Kerrigan is more about getting only 1 spell combo on a squishy enemy right (while surviving the ordeal), most of the time you won't really have much room for a second attempt if you failed the first one.

10 - Ultralisk. Since you've been tanking yourself up to this point, you have to get some means of damage (other than your stun + pull  + dive combo) and this gives it. Most people won't pay attention to the ultralisk running and hitting, they will just try to stop you and so your pet goes unchecked. It works better than Maelstrom in that for that one you have to be really close to a bunch of enemies for that to work, and they can get away with an escape mech or whatever. If your pet does not reach an enemy in time, you could at least order it to clear a lane or attack an enemy tower or other structure meaning it doesn't completely go to waste. In addition keep in mind that Ultralisk helps you much more in things such as body-blocking or dismounting enemies trying to either chase you or flee from you.

13 - Double Strike - This is Kerrigan's version of Follow Through or Nova's One in the Chamber. Buffs some of your attack damage now that you have buffed your survivability to a decent amount.

16 - Aggressive Defense - By this point you're as tanky as an Artanis, or probably more.

20 - You can go with any talent really but the guy recommended Nexus Blades. Any of the talent choices at this tier seems fine.

Edited by Leadblast

On 06/12/2017 at 12:07 PM, Farbas said:

This is not really a build-related question, but why would you ever pick Kerrigan over Alarak?

Mobility. Armour. For the Swarm.

This guide really needs an update so badly.

There's pretty much only 1 viable build for Kerrigan right now, with some optional talent choices:

Lv 1: Either Sharpened Blade or Block. Block is good against hard-hittig AA like Butcher, Stukov, Greymane, etc; while being useless against fast AA like Tracer, Tychus, Genji.

Lv 4: Fury of the Swarm is the only choice. It significantly improves your waveclear and merc clear, while helping you building up your shield if a team fight is going to happen nearby. The other choices are either extremely underwhelming, or making zero sense at all.

Lv 7: Bladed Momentum should be the go-to choice. It vastly improves your merc clear to the point that you're one of the best mercenary camp claimer in the game. It also helps you team fight by allowing for more combo AND Ravage usage, whichc results in more damage, more shield and more mobility. Some people opted for Assimilation Mastery for mana sustain, but you don't really need it if you have better MANAgement. (LUL)

Lv 10: Maelstorm is the choice here. The damage is not something spectacular, but it forces the enemy backliners to move away from it, making you easier to predict their movement and hit your combo. Ultralisk is better for split-pushing, but it really doesn't do much until you get the upgrade at lv 20. 

Lv 13: Double Strike is too powerful to give up. It significantly increases your burst damage, to the point that you can almost one-shot a squishy. It also allows you to clear camp much faster.

Lv 16: You can choise between Aggressive Defense and Essence for Essence. Aggressive Defense makes you much tankier, while Essence for Essence provides a respectable amiunt of on-demand burst damage. Take what you need based on your situation.

Lv 20: I've seen a lot of different opinions for this tier, but I usually prefer Psionic Shift. It makes you much more unpredictable, so they'll have a harder time to dodge your combo. I sometimes go for Maelstorm upgrade if I need to be a tanky frontliner, or the enemy team has a melee heavy comp.

This guide's builds are really horrible, especially the Ravage build. 2 of its talents are based around a kill-reset mechanic on you main engaging tool. This makes zero sense on Kerrigan, whose kit is based around landing a high-damage combo after engaging. You ain't gonna kill anyone after you use Ravage on them in 1.5s. This kind of talents would be insane on someone like Genji, but not Kerrigan.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Log in to Heroes of the Storm from today through June 11 to claim your 3-Year Anniversary Portrait, Spray, and Banner.
      Heroes of the Storm turns three on June 2 and all players can claim claim three anniversary rewards (3-Year Anniversary Portrait, Spray, and Banner) just by logging in to the game starting today through June 11.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Time flies when you’re having fun, and we can hardly believe we’ve already spent three years battling it out in the Nexus! Reminisce about your trials and triumphs on the battlefield with a new 3-Year Anniversary Portrait, Spray, and Banner. You can claim all three of these rewards by logging in to Heroes of the Storm from today through Monday, June 11.
      3-Year Anniversary Rewards
      We’ve had lots of fun bringing tons of new Heroes, Battlegrounds, Skins, and so much more to the game these last three years, and we can’t wait to show you what we have in store for the rest of 2018! We hope to see as many of you as possible rocking those anniversary portraits, sprays, and banners in your Heroes of the Storm matches over the next few weeks. Until next time, we’ll see you in the Nexus.
    • By Stan
      The community grew frustrated by the frequency of Sun's Out Guns Out items in their Nexomania Loot Chests, so Blizzard decreased their drop chance and greatly increased the likelihood that Nexomania items will drop over Sun's Out Guns Out items. If you purchased Nexomania Loot Chests with Gems prior to 07:01 p.m. PDT on May 23, you will receive a number of new Nexomania Loot Chests equal to the amount you originally purchased.
      Additionally, new Hero skins that are included in larger event bundles will also be available in separate Skin Packs.
      Blizzard (Source)
      In the few short days since Nexomania began, competitors throughout the Nexus have eagerly leapt into the ring to choose tag-team partners and claim quest rewards. Amidst the excitement, however, we understand some of you have been disappointed by the frequency of Sun’s Out, Guns Out items in your Nexomania Loot Chests.
      Nexomania and Event Loot Chests
      As many of you know, themed event Loot Chests are guaranteed to contain at least one event-related item. Since items from last year’s Sun’s Out, Guns Out event are no longer available, we felt Nexomania could be a great opportunity to give players a second chance to pin down items from both events.
      With that in mind, we gave Nexomania and Sun’s Out items an equal chance to drop in Nexomania Loot Chests. After reading community discussions, however, it seems we overestimated how often players would like to open Sun’s Out items. We’d like to put Nexomania back into the spotlight:
      As of now, we’ve greatly increased the likelihood that Nexomania items will drop over Sun’s Out, Guns Out items in Nexomania Loot Chests. If you used gems to buy Nexomania Loot Chests prior to 07:01 p.m. PDT on May 23 (4:01 a.m. CEST / 11:01 a.m. KST May 24), you will receive a number of new Nexomania Loot Chests equal to the amount you originally purchased. These replacement Chests will feature the updated event item drop rate mentioned above and will be awarded within the next few days. Please note: Nexomania Loot Chests earned through progression or Heroes Brawls will not be replaced. We’re also going to make this drop-rate adjustment for future events. Going forward, new event Loot Chests will have this same increased chance to contain new items from the current version of an event over existing items from past versions of that event.
      Event Bundles and Skins
      Events like Nexomania are jam-packed with lots of new Hero skins and other cosmetic items. While we have a blast creating and releasing skins, we’ve also read feedback from players who would like more options when it comes to adding them to their collections. With future events, we’re going to give players more opportunities to pick up specific skins outside of the event bundles they appear in:
      Going forward, new Hero skins that are included in larger event bundles will also be available in separate Skin Packs. Each pack will be purchasable using gems and will contain all currently available versions of that skin. This change doesn’t mean big event bundles are down for the count. We still plan to add them to the game but wanted to give players more variety when it comes to picking up new event items.
      As always, we’d like to thank everyone who has shared their thoughts with us on these topics. We hope you enjoy the rest of Nexomania and manage to conquer your quests in record time! Until next time, we’ll see you in the Nexus.
    • By Stan
      The latest Heroes of the Storm patch includes Diablo/Lunara Hero reworks and Nexomania. Check out the full patch notes!
      Blizzard (Source)
      Nexomania has begun, bringing new quests and rewards, as well as many new skins and mounts to Heroes of the Storm! Read on for details, as well as more info about gameplay updates for Lunara and Diablo.
      NOTE: Orange text indicates a difference between the PTR and Live patch notes.
      Nexomania!
      Learn even more about Nexomania by visiting the official Heroes website!
      La Parca Lunara and La Pantera Sonya are looking to recruit new tag-team partners for Nexomania, a contest where Heroes battle it out to become the Champions of the Nexus! Choose your partner, train up, and conquer the competition to claim the spoils of victory before Monday, June 11. Each of the four-part quest chains below grant different rewards based on who you side with, and the quests must be completed in order. Choose your partner wisely, because once you’ve picked Lunara or Sonya, your decision cannot be undone!   La Parca Lunara Quest Chain and Rewards  Train Up, La Parca Style: Play 3 Games. Reward: Máscara de la Parca Portrait. Show Match, La Parca Style: Achieve 70 Takedowns in winning games. Reward: The Underworld Grip Spray. Climb the Ladder, La Parca Style: Win 6 games. Reward: Ojos de la Parca Animated Spray. Cage Match, La Parca Style: Achieve 100 Takedowns in winning games. Rewards: El Guapo Announcer and La Parca Lunara Portrait. La Pantera Sonya Quest Chain and Rewards Train Up, La Pantera Style: Play 3 Games. Reward: Máscara de la Pantera Portrait. Show Match, La Pantera Style: Achieve 70 Takedowns in winning games. Reward: The Panther Forearm Spray. Climb the Ladder, La Pantera Style: Win 6 games. Reward: Furia de la Pantera Animated Spray. Cage Match, La Pantera Style: Achieve 100 Takedowns in winning games. Rewards: El Guapo Announcer and La Pantera Sonya Portrait. Nexomania Loot Chests
      Starting the week of May 22, Loot Chests earned through progression (except Hero-specific Chests), Heroes Brawl, or by spending Gems will be Nexomania Loot Chests. These Loot Chests guarantee at least one item from the Nexomania or Sun’s Out, Guns Out events. Step into the ring and start leveling-up to pin down some loot before the competition concludes on June 11!
      Please Note: Loot Chests earned prior to the start of this event will not become Nexomania Loot Chests.
      Art
      Heroes, Abilities, and Talents Diablo: Diablo and Archangel Diablo’s Abilities have received updated visual effects to coincide with Ability and Talent changes. Garrosh: Garrosh’s Abilities have received updated visual effects. Malfurion: A new leaf icon and timer will now appear above Regrowth targets’ nameplates to indicate remaining Heal duration. The icon and timer will change color based on Regrowth’s remaining Heal duration: from green to yellow at 10 seconds remaining, and then to red during the last 5 seconds. User Inteface
      MVP Screen Players can no longer vote for themselves on the end of match awards screen. This should help encourage players to spread the love by commending others for their epic plays! The number of votes required to achieve epic and legendary commendations on the end of match awards screen have each been reduced by one vote. This has been done to account for the removal of self-voting. Previously, a self-vote could often make the difference for a player who was one vote shy of reaching epic or legendary status. Loot Chests The Loot Chest carousel on the Loot screen now automatically switches to a Loot Chest type the player already owns, rather than always defaulting to Rare Loot Chests. Design
      General Holding right-click and dragging the cursor to move is no longer interrupted when entering targeting mode prior to casting an Ability. Movement Speed Visual Effects Visual effects for Movement Speed bonuses and Slows will now only display on units whose Movement Speeds are being increased or decreased by more than 5%. Previously, a Hero could display these visual effects even if their Movement Speed hadn’t been significantly altered. This could occur as a result of multiple stacking Movement Speed bonuses and Slows, or due to a stacking Quest Talent. Battlegrounds
      Custom Games Hanamura has been temporarily removed from Custom Games. Mercenaries Infernal Shrines The Khazra at the southernmost Mercenary Camp on Infernal Shrines now move into lane once they are captured, rather than path around the lane to attack opposing structures directly. Heroes
      Assassin

Lunara
      Catch additional details in our recent Lunara and Diablo Gameplay Updates Blog.
      Abilities Nature’s Toxin (Trait) Damage reduced from 34 to 30. Wisp (E) Mana cost removed. Wisp Movement Speed increased by 100%. Vision radius reduced from 7 to 6. Additional functionality: When a Wisp is in a bush for 2 seconds, its vision radius is increased by 75%. Talents Level 1 New Talent: Sentinel Wisp (E) When a Wisp is in a bush for 5 seconds, its vision radius is increased by 200% and reveals the surrounding area. Photosynthesis Removed. Cruel Spores (Q) Removed. New Talent: Hippity Hop (Z) After not Basic Attacking or taking damage for 5 seconds, increase the Movement Speed bonus of Dryad’s Swiftness by 10%. Level 4 Timelost Wisp (E) Removed. Skybound Wisp (E) Removed. Dividing Wisp (E) Removed. Blossom Swell (Q) Moved from Level 1. Additional functionality: Now also increases Noxious Blossom’s range by 25%. Siphoning Toxin (Trait) Moved from Level 7 Heal amount reduced from 18 to 9 Health per second. Additional functionality: When an enemy Hero has 3 stacks of Nature’s Toxin, this Healing increases to 28 per second. Nature’s Culling (Trait) Moved from Level 7. Level 7 Choking Pollen (Q) Moved from Level 16. Bonus damage reduced from 125% to 50%. Additional functionality: This damage bonus increases by an additional 50% against enemies who have 3 stacks of Nature’s Toxin. Level 13 Pestering Blossom Removed. New Talent: Endless Spores (W) Casting Crippling Spores while at least 2 enemy Heroes are afflicted with Nature’s Toxin reduces its cooldown by 3 seconds. Let Them Wither (W) Moved from Level 16 Adjusted functionality: No longer increases Crippling Spores’ Slow amount. Instead, increases Crippling Spores’ Slow duration by 1 second and causes it to no longer decay. Giant Killer Removed. Abolish Magic (Active) Moved from Level 20. Level 16 New Talent: Accelerated Contamination (Q) While at least 2 enemy Heroes are afflicted with Nature's Toxin, Noxious Blossom's cooldown recharges 100% faster. Invigorating Spores (W) Attack Speed bonus reduced from 50% to 30%. Additional functionality: Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes with 3 stacks of Nature’s Toxin deal damage equal to 1.5% of their maximum Health. Unfair Advantage (Trait) Moved from Level 13. Bonus damage increased from 50% to 60%. Now also deals this bonus damage to Rooted and Stunned Heroes. Level 20 Forest’s Wrath (R) No longer increases Thornwood Vine’s speed. Additional functionality: Thornwood Vine now applies 2 stacks of Nature’s Toxin. Boundless Stride (R) Additional functionality: Now also decreases the Leaping Strike’s cooldown by 5 seconds. New Talent: Intensifying Toxin (Trait) Nature’s Toxin deals 40% more damage to enemies afflicted with 3 stacks. LEVEL (TIER) LUNARA TALENTS 1 (1) Sentinel Wisp (E) Natural Perspective (Trait) Hippity Hop (Z) — 4 (2) Blossom Swell (Q) Siphoning Toxin (Trait) Nature’s Culling (Trait) — 7 (3) Splintered Spear (Q) Choking Pollen (Q) Wild Vigor (W) — 10 (4) Thornwood Vine (R) Leaping Strike (R) — — 13 (5) Endless Spores (W) Let Them Wither (W) Greater Spell Shield (Passive) Abolish Magic (Active) 16 (6) Accelerated Contamination (Q) Star Wood Spear (W) Invigorating Spores (W) Unfair Advantage (Passive) 20 (7) Forest’s Wrath (R) Boundless Stride (R) Intensifying Toxin (Trait) Galloping Gait (Z) (!) indicates a Questing Talent. Italic text indicates a NEW Talent. Underlined text indicates a MOVED Talent. Warrior

Diablo
      Catch additional details in our recent Lunara and Diablo Gameplay Updates Blog.
      Abilities Shadow Charge (Q) Range increased from 7 to 8.5. Mana cost increased from 60 to 70. Damage reduced from 75 to 40. Terrain collision damage reduced from 150 to 120. No longer grants Armor. Now also increases Movement Speed by 15% for 2 seconds. Fire Stomp (W) Now unleashes fire waves in a large cone in the chosen direction, rather than a 360° area around Diablo. Number of fire waves reduced from 8 to 5. Multiple fire waves can now hit the same target. Cooldown increased from 6 to 8 seconds. Mana cost reduced from 40 to 30. Outgoing fire wave damage reduced from 54 to 12. Returning fire wave damage reduced from 81 to 36. Damage dealt by returning fire waves now counts as critical damage. Now Heals Diablo for 125% of the damage dealt to Heroes. Overpower (E) Mana cost reduced from 60 to 40. Lightning Breath (R) Range increased from 10.5 to 12. Each tick of Lightning Breath damage now also Slows enemies hit by 5% for 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 50%. Talents Level 1 New Talent: Feast on Fear (Passive) Stunning an enemy Hero with Shadow Charge or Overpower Heals Diablo for 15% of his maximum Health over 4 seconds. Soul Shield (Active) Moved from Level 7. New functionality: Activate to gain Spell Armor equal to 25 plus 50% of Diablo's current Souls for 4 seconds. 60 second cooldown. Every time Diablo damages an enemy Hero, reduce this cooldown by 1 second. Bulwark (Q) Removed. Level 4 New Talent: Sacrificial Soul (Q) Stunning an enemy Hero with Shadow Charge grants 5 Souls and 15 Armor for 4 seconds. While at 100 Souls, increase this Armor to 30. New Talent: Souls to the Flame (W) Fire Stomp grants 1 Soul every 3 times it damages an enemy Hero and Heals for an additional 1.25% of its damage dealt per Soul. Life Leech (Passive) Moved from Level 1. New functionality: Diablo gains 1 Soul and Heals for 1.5% of his maximum Health for every Basic Attack against an enemy Hero. While at 100 Souls, increase this Healing to 3% of his maximum Health. From the Shadows (Q) Removed. Speed Demon (Passive) Removed. Demonic Strength (E) Removed. Level 7 New Talent: Eternal Flames (W) When Diablo Stuns an enemy Hero with Overpower or Shadow Charge, Fire Stomp’s cooldown is reset. Malevolence (Passive) Using Basic Abilities causes Diablo’s next Basic Attack within 6 seconds to deal an additional 100 Spell Damage. Stores up to 2 charges. Soul Feast (Trait) Removed. Diabolical Momentum (Passive) Basic Attacks now also reduce Fire Stomp’s cooldown. Cooldown reduction granted per Basic Attack decreased from 1.5 to 0.75 seconds. Level 13 Devastating Charge (Q) Adjusted functionality: Now increases Shadow Charge’s terrain collision damage by 100%, rather than a percentage of the target’s maximum Health. Quest: Each time an enemy Hero takes terrain collision damage, increase this bonus by 15%, to a maximum of 75%. New Talent: Cruelty (Passive) Stunning an enemy Hero with Shadow Charge or Overpower increases Diablo's Attack Speed by 50% for 5 seconds, up to 100%. Hellfire (W) New functionality: Each enemy Hero hit by Fire Stomp grants 2% Spell Power for 10 seconds, up to 30%. Fire Devil (W) Removed. Level 16 Debilitating Flames (W) New functionality: Enemy Heroes hit by Fire Stomp are Slowed by 5% for 4 seconds, up to 50%. Heroes Slowed 25% or more by Debilitating Flames deal 50% less damage. New Talent: Overpowering Nightmare (E) Gain 2 additional charges of Overpower, with a 2 second cooldown between uses. Fearful Presence (Active) Removed. Level 20 Dying Breath (R) Now reduces Apocalypse’s cooldown by 20 seconds per enemy Hero hit (to a minimum total cooldown of 5 seconds), rather than reducing its cooldown by a static amount. Hellstorm (R) No longer increases Lightning Breath’s range. Bonus duration increased from 50% to 200%. Lord of Terror (Active) Now also grants 5 Souls per enemy Hero hit. LEVEL (TIER) DIABLO TALENTS 1 (1) Feast on Fear (Passive) Devil’s Due (Trait) Soul Shield (Trait) — 4 (2) Sacrificial Soul (Q) Souls to the Flame (W) Life Leech (Passive) — 7 (3) Eternal Flames (W) Malevolence (Passive) Diabolical Momentum (Passive) — 10 (4) Apocalypse (R) Lightning Breath (R) — — 13 (5) Devastating Charge (Q) Cruelty (Passive) Hellfire (W) — 16 (6) Domination (E) Debilitating Flames (W) Overpowering Nightmare (E) — 20 (7) Dying Breath (R) Hellstorm (R) Lord of Terror (Active) Hellgate (Active) (!) indicates a Questing Talent. Italic text indicates a NEW Talent. Underlined text indicates a MOVED Talent. Collection
      New Bundles Sun’s Out, Guns Out event items have returned for the duration of the Nexomania event! Add them to your collection by opening Nexomania Loot Chests or purchasing the Sun’s Out 2017 Bundle. The following new bundles are available for a limited time! Hell’s Screamers Bundle Match of the Century Bundle Sun’s Out 2017 Bundle New Announcer El Guapo New Skins
      Diablo El Chamuco Diablo Underworld Chamuco Diablo Hell’s Screamer Diablo E.T.C. El Mariachi E.T.C. Underworld Mariachi E.T.C. Festival Mariachi E.T.C. Garrosh El Jefe Garrosh El Fuego Garrosh Underworld Jefe Garrosh Kharazim Dropkick Kharazim Champion Dropkick Kharazim Dropdead Kharazim Lunara La Parca Lunara La Catrina Lunara Los Muertos Lunara Sonya La Pantera Sonya La Pantera Dorada Sonya Underworld Pantera Sonya New Mounts
      Luchihuahua Hell's Screamer Luchihuahua Underworld Luchihuahua Pigñata Hell's Screamer Pigñata Lucha Pigñata Bug Fixes
      General Fixed a number of typo and tooltip errors across several aspects of the game. A.I. General: After casting Hearthstone, A.I. Heroes will now wait in the Hall of Storms to restore most of their Health and Mana before leaving. D.Va: Fixed an issue that prevented A.I. D.Va from casting Boosters. Deckard: Learning Bottomless Flask no longer causes Allied A.I. Heroes to remain near a Healing Potion’s location indefinitely. Sgt. Hammer: A.I. Sgt. Hammer will no longer become stuck in a Vent behind the opposing bottom-lane Fort on Battlefield of Eternity. The Butcher: Fixed an issue in which A.I. Butcher would repeatedly cast and then cancel Ruthless Onslaught. The Butcher: Fixed an issue that prevented A.I. Butcher from casting Butcher’s Brand. Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
      Artanis: The Target Purified Talent no longer causes Purifier Beam to acquire Invulnerable targets after its initial target dies. Chromie: Time Traps revealed by Abilities like Tassadar’s Oracle can now be correctly auto-acquired as Basic Attack targets. Fenix: The Talent tooltips for Singularity Charge and Mobile Offense now correctly append to the Ability tooltip for Weapon Mode: Phase Bomb. Garrosh: Casting Into the Fray on Abathur now correctly interrupts Symbiote Channeling. Genji: A damage over time preview now correctly appears in Genji’s Health bar when affected by Lunara’s Nature’s Toxin. Johanna: Can no longer escape Zagara’s Devouring Maw early if Iron Skin expires while inside the Maw. Junkrat: Can now move himself while he is Unstoppable by detonating a nearby Concussion Mine. Malfurion: Reduced Healing applied by Strangling Vines now correctly lasts for its full 3 second duration, even if Entangling Roots expires or its Root effect is removed. Medivh: Dying while attempting to redirect Ley Line Seal after learning Medivh Cheats! no longer causes its targeting indicator to visually persist on the terrain. Nova: Fixed an issue that could cause Holo Decoys to stop attacking nearby targets. Nova: Fixed an issue in which Holo Decoys would not Basic Attack enemy Heroes if Nova did not have enough Mana to cast any of her Abilities. Nova: Armor reductions granted by Anti-Armor Shells and Crippling Shot now stack correctly when applied to the same target. Sonya: Battle Rage no longer grants bonus damage versus Monsters. Tassadar: Plasma Shield Healing done after completing the Khaydarin Resonance quest is now correctly tracked on the in-game stats screen (TAB). Tassadar: The Talent tooltip for Khala’s Light now correctly states that only Heroes will gain Armor when Plasma Shield expires or breaks. This was only a tooltip correction; functionality has not been changed. Thrall: Invulnerable Heroes who are within bounce range after casting Chain Lightning on a nearby target will no longer grant Crash Lightning quest progress. The Lost Vikings: Casting Spin to Win! no longer causes offscreen Vikings to play false “under attack” voice lines. Zul’jin: Using Guillotine with the Buzzsaw Talent to kill Nova’s Holo Decoys or Samuro’s Mirror Images no longer grants Healing. Sound
      Lt. Morales: Replaced incorrect voice processing for voice lines used by the base Lt. Morales and First Lt. Morales skins. Volskaya Foundry: Achieving victory will now correctly cause Overwatch-themed music to play. User Interface
      Loadouts: The Hero’s name at the top of the Loadout pane will now update correctly when switching among Heroes during Hero Select. Collection: Fenix now correctly appears when using the terms “Protoss” and “Dragoon” to filter the Hero roster.  
      Head to the official Heroes of the Storm forums to discuss this post with other players.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Even Rogue deck list guide.
    • By Stan
      The free Hero rotation has been updated for the week of May 22.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: May 22, 2018
      Malfurion Valla Gazlowe Johanna Thrall Dehaka Blaze Lt. Morales Li-Ming Gul'dan Tyrande (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5) Sylvanas (Slot unlocked at Player Level 10) Junkrat (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15) Chen (Slot unlocked at Player Level 20) (Source)