FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.2 Warlock Simulation

Alright ladies and gents, time to put together a Simcraft guide. I'll be modeling my character, Zagam-US, Mal'Ganis, as an example in this post. Any questions about modeling should be asked and resolved in this forum.

I'm going to skip most of the tutorial on how to change options and such in Simcraft because they wrote their own guide on how to change things. I'll just show what options I use for the most realistic approach to using Simcraft.

OPTIONS TAB

Globals

Iterations - 10000 (used for higher level of accuracy)

World Lag - low (I run at about 35 ms)

Length - 450 sec (fights vary in length, so use the appropriate time if you care about one particular fight)

Vary Length - leave at 20%

Fight Style - Ultraxion (I use this because no fights in WoW anymore are a true Patchwerk style type fight. You're almost always taking damage and having to do something small. This is the smallest interruption style, so I feel it's the most appropriate)

Player Skill - Elite (should be used if you know your class extremely well and make no mistakes in your priority while playing)

Leave all others at default.

Buffs/Debuffs

Leave all default options up unless you want to model your own raid where you are missing certain buffs. Good if you are missing spell haste and want to see how awful missing out on it is.

Scaling

This is how you will find your specific scale factors. Check Intellect, Spell Power, Hit, Crit, Haste, and Mastery. Nothing else matters. Leave options at default.

Plots

This is your scale factors visualized with a graph. Moderately useful, but nothing special.

Reforge Plots

This is where you can model your reforge options for a stat you care about. Not really necessary with scale factors and adjustments made.

IMPORT TAB

Battle.net - use this to import directly from Battle.net

CharDev - not reliable, missing items

Rawr - not experienced with this option

Sample Profiles - this is preloaded with BiS normal and heroic profiles for each spec. Import one of these and modify to your liking.

SIMULATE

This is the bread and butter tab. This is where all the magic happens. If you import a pre-loaded profile, this tab will automatically populate. If you import your character, it will load everything. If you import a pre-made character, it'll be automatically set up for you. That's not why we are here.

Once you import your character, head into this tab. You'll see a bunch of garbage that'll make sense very soon.

warlock="Warlock_Affliction_T14N"

origin="unknown"

level=90

race=orc

spec=affliction

role=spell

position=back

talents=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Va!..0.2.

talent_override=grimoire_of_service,if=active_enemies>3

glyphs=soul_shards

professions=tailoring=600/jewelcrafting=600

This will autopopulate a lot easier if you import your own character. For those who wish to do this at work, download a pre-loaded character and just replace what you want. For example, I think the default race is Dwarf. Change to whatever you want. Note: Because I changed to an Orc, my racials changed, but the Simulate tab did not update...we'll get to that in the next section. Some races auto-update, but on command actions do not.

actions.precombat=flask,type=warm_sun

actions.precombat+=/food,type=mogu_fish_stew

actions.precombat+=/dark_intent,if=!aura.spell_power_multiplier.up

actions.precombat+=/summon_pet

actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats

actions.precombat+=/jade_serpent_potion

This is your buffs you have on you. You can delete the flask or change food if you want to accurately model your character. Pretty simple stuff here.

actions=curse_of_the_elements,if=debuff.magic_vulnerability.down

actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct<=20

actions+=/dark_soul

actions+=/blood_fury

actions+=/service_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_service.enabled

actions+=/grimoire_of_sacrifice,if=talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled

actions+=/summon_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled&buff.grimoire_of_sacrifice.down

actions+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>3

actions+=/summon_doomguard

actions+=/soul_swap,if=buff.soulburn.up

actions+=/haunt,if=!in_flight_to_target&remains<tick_time+travel_time+cast_time&shard_react&miss_react

actions+=/soul_swap,cycle_targets=1,if=active_enemies>1&time<10&glyph.soul_swap.enabled

actions+=/haunt,cycle_targets=1,if=!in_flight_to_target&remains<tick_time+travel_time+cast_time&soul_shard>1&miss_react

actions+=/soulburn,line_cd=20,if=buff.dark_soul.up&shard_react

actions+=/soulburn,if=(dot.unstable_affliction.ticks_remain<action.unstable_affliction.add_ticks%2|dot.corruption.ticks_remain<action.corruption.add_ticks%2|dot.agony.ticks_remain<action.agony.add_ticks%2)&target.health.pct<=20&shard_react

actions+=/agony,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&target.time_to_die>=8&miss_react

actions+=/corruption,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&target.time_to_die>=6&miss_react

actions+=/unstable_affliction,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<add_ticks%2+1&target.time_to_die>=5&miss_react

actions+=/drain_soul,interrupt=1,chain=1,if=target.health.pct<=20

actions+=/life_tap,if=mana.pct<35

actions+=/malefic_grasp,chain=1

actions+=/life_tap,moving=1,if=mana.pct<80&mana.pct<target.health.pct

actions+=/fel_flame,moving=1

actions+=/life_tap

Now that is where things get crazy. Basically this is your character's priority list in Simcraft. What this means is the top action has first priority. So you can see that the very first thing that should always be checked is Curse of Elements. The absolute last thing you can do if you can't do any of the above (out of mana, nothing to attack, etc.) is to cast Life Tap. Everything else in between is ordered in priority. You can modify this if you think you're onto something (I typically remove Fel Flame because it sucks). This list uses the Doomguard at the beginning...for fights like Elegon, you could model it by changing his line to include the following: if=target.health.pct<20.

This would be a good way to see if changing the priority on your Doomguard changes your overall DPS. I'll save you some time...it doesn't.

Note: the line that adds Blood Fury had to be manually typed in for me because I changed "Dwarf" to "Orc." Similar changes would need to be made if you wanted to be a Troll. The line would look like this: actions+=/berserking

This is how you can see how much racials affect your DPS in a theoretical world. If you're contemplating changing what your character is, just import, change race, modify accordingly by adding your on use, keep all other things the same, and simulate. Note, for Undead, you do not need to add anything. Touch of the Grave automatically comes out in the report.

actions.aoe=summon_doomguard,if=active_enemies<7

actions.aoe+=/summon_infernal,if=active_enemies>=7

actions.aoe+=/soulburn,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.soulburn.down&!dot.soulburn_seed_of_corruption.ticking&!action.soulburn_seed_of_corruption.in_flight_to_target&shard_react

actions.aoe+=/soul_swap,if=buff.soulburn.up&!dot.agony.ticking&!dot.corruption.ticking

actions.aoe+=/soul_swap,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.soulburn.up&dot.corruption.ticking&!dot.agony.ticking

actions.aoe+=/seed_of_corruption,cycle_targets=1,if=(buff.soulburn.down&!in_flight_to_target&!ticking)|(buff.soulburn.up&!dot.soulburn_seed_of_corruption.ticking&!action.soulburn_seed_of_corruption.in_flight_to_target)

actions.aoe+=/haunt,cycle_targets=1,if=!in_flight_to_target&debuff.haunt.remains<cast_time+travel_time&shard_react

actions.aoe+=/life_tap,if=mana.pct<70

actions.aoe+=/fel_flame,cycle_targets=1,if=!in_flight_to_target

Same thing as above except this is your priority during AoE. If you want to see if Rain of Fire does more than Seed of Corruption, remove Seed and add Rain of Fire. Hint: it doesn't, but this is where theorycrafters find that out!

head=xaril's_hood_of_intoxicating_vapors,id=86970,gems=burning_primal_320int_180mastery,reforge=haste_hit,upgrade=2

neck=wire_of_the_wakener,id=89068

shoulders=shaskin_mantle,id=85373,gems=160mastery_160hit_60int,enchant=200int_100crit

back=cloak_of_overwhelming_corruption,id=90526,enchant=lightweave_3,reforge=haste_hit,upgrade=2

chest=shaskin_robes,id=85372,gems=320mastery_320mastery_180haste,enchant=80all,reforge=crit_hit

wrists=attenuating_bracers,id=86157,enchant=180int,reforge=haste_hit

hands=shaskin_gloves,id=85369,enchant=170mastery,reforge=haste_mastery

waist=orbital_belt,id=87064,gems=320mastery_320mastery_160mastery_160hit_120haste,reforge=haste_hit,upgrade=1

legs=shaskin_leggings,id=85371,gems=320int_60int,enchant=285int_165crit,reforge=haste_hit,upgrade=2

feet=sandals_of_the_blackest_night,id=86330,gems=320mastery_60mastery,reforge=haste_hit,enchant=140mastery,upgrade=1

finger1=seal_of_the_lucid,id=90859

finger2=simple_harmonius_ring,id=89072,reforge=haste_mastery

trinket1=light_of_the_cosmos,id=87065,reforge=haste_mastery,upgrade=1

trinket2=relic_of_yulon,id=79331,upgrade=2

main_hand=loshan_terror_incarnate,id=86328,gems=500int_320mastery,enchant=jade_spirit,reforge=crit_hit,upgrade=2

off_hand=tornadosummoning_censer,id=86171,enchant=165int,reforge=crit_mastery

This is the section where you modify your gear. I'm modifying stuff on my own character, so I'll show you how to do it. Let's say you want to test out a pure haste build. Let's look at the helm line. See the part that says 'reforge=haste_hit'? We're going to modify it. Change it to: 'reforge=mastery_hit'

Syntax is SUPER important. Don't use a period instead of a comma or forget an underscore. I'll explain an item for better clarification...let's look at my belt. Where it says gems, what that means is I have a 320 mastery gem, another 320 mastery gem, and a 160 mastery/160 hit gem. The extra 120 haste is the socket bonus. If you want to try a haste build, replace 320mastery with 80int_160haste or 320 haste. Just separate each stat with an underscore. Same thing for enchants.

Let's say you want to see how much of a DPS gain you'll get from upgrading your trinket. See the line for Light of the Cosmos? The very last part of the line is 'upgrade=1'...this automatically updates the stats during simulation. This is how I formulated the trinket list on these forums.

Let's say you want to switch a trinket out. Perhaps you want to switch out Relic for Essence of Terror. All you'd have to do is put the following: trinket1=essence_of_terror,id=86388. The ID is the wowhead identification number. To get this, just go to wowhead.com, type in the item, and find the 5 digit number in the URL. That's your magic number.

That's it! After you get everything set up, hit that Simulate button in the bottom right hand corner. Allow some time (it is doing 10000 fights of 450 seconds each!), about 3-4 minutes depending on computer speed, and your results page will pop up. Click through the various tabs to find out your stats, priority list, action list, buff uptimes, etc.

• Like 3

Alright, iterations are in for my character (US-Mal'Ganis, Zagam).

1) Priority: Hit > Mastery > Haste > Crit = 115539 DPS

Weights: Haste = 2.68, Mastery = 2.41, Crit = 1.6, Hit = 2.56

2) Priority: Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit = 114699 DPS

Weights: Haste = 3.94, Mastery = 2.41, Crit = 1.76, Hit = 3.16

3) Priority: Hit > 4717 Haste > Mastery > Haste > Crit = 113477 DPS

Weights: Haste = 3.59, Mastery = 2.45, Crit = 1.71, Hit = 0.49

4) Priority: Hit > 6637 Haste > Mastery > Haste > Crit = 115201 DPS

Weights: Haste = 2.46, Mastery = 2.53, Crit = 1.55, Hit = 2.26

5) Priority: Haste > Mastery > Hit > Crit = 116925 DPS

6) Priority: Mastery > Haste > Hit > Crit = 117192 DPS

7) Priority: Haste = Mastery > Hit > Crit = 117300 DPS

To summarize the data, Haste and Mastery are best when they are equal. Thresholds mean something, but very little. For example, the 6637 haste threshold sim'd 1800 DPS higher than the 4717 haste threshold, but I believe this to be solely a product of Haste and Mastery having similar weights. This is proved by Iteration 7 where I dropped hit and let Haste and Mastery be equal to each other which made each have 8500 rating.

Discussing hit capping again, here we see that not hit capping sims 1600 DPS better than hit capping. However, note that this is for a computer optimization priority listing where misses are reacted to immediately. Sure, not hit capping may yield good RNG with few to no hits, so this is a playstyle decision. To reduce complications, I suggest hit capping.

Summary: Haste = Mastery, thresholds don't matter, hit cap, avoid Crit.

• Like 2

Awesome.

I'd be interested to see you do another one of these once we have hard stat numbers on gear from 5.2 (both normal and heroic gear). We have to hit a point of no return on Haste at SOME point due to deminishing returns, right?

Yes. And it'll be interesting to see if they don't nerf us. If they don't, the Mastery scaling will get out of hand much like Fire Mage Crit did. We will be uncontrollable if Mastery continues to stack this way, especially if they give us a Mastery proc trinket. Imagine 8000 bonus Mastery for 20 seconds what you could do. That'll be a 27% DoT damage increase, and if it can stack with other stuff, holy lord look out.

I'll be all over 5.2 stuff as soon as it's released: gear sets, reforging, stat weights, trinkets, weapons, etc.

• Like 2

Hey Zagam,

I ran most of these tests with my own gear (I may or may not have been wearing a cape like in that picture Posted Image ) and reached the same conclusions you did so this seems to apply at non-heroic ilvls like mine as well.

Just out of curiousity what was your hit rating on Test #7?

Also, how much faith do you place in the reforge plots SimC can make? I'm not sure what you meant by, "Not really necessary with scale factors and adjustments made."

I was running a few sims on my toon the other night since I got some new gear and was messing around with the plots. Aside from making my sims take forever it seemed like a pretty useful tool to nail down exactly how close haste and mastery should be for me. The plots were showing two spikes with similar magnitude at about 100+/- haste from the break even point between haste and mastery. I went with the setup that had less haste and more mastery (5690 and 5890 respectively) and everything seems to be fine.

I tried to run a sim with a 500 reforge amount and 25 step size, but the exported excel file never saved/updated after the sim was done which I assume was because I left the master excel file open Posted Image.

I think my Hit rating in test 7 was like 8%. It was as low as I could get it after reforging out of Crit. Glad to see someone else getting similar results!

The DPS change you're looking for in changing Haste/Mastery in steps of 100 is relatively negligible. Even a 1k DPS adjustment, which looks huge, must be stacked up against the DPS you should be pushing, which is over 100k, so you're looking for that 1% that most theorycrafters refer to as min/maxing. The problem is min/maxing is almost always done with a constant set of gear and you're looking for the absolute maximum theoretical amount. The gear you are looking at is changing as you acquire upgrades, so your reforge plot will always be different. I ran the same test at home overnight but at 10,000 reforge amount, 25 step size...yes, I'm that crazy. My graph looked like someone's heartbeat...going all over the place as amounts changed then it leveled out. At the end, I saw the absolute max when the difference between Haste and Mastery was between 50 and 75. However, the amount of DPS lost by going out as far as a 400 difference was negligible in the grand scheme of things.

Tips for exporting data...if you export something, before doing anything else, open it, check it, and save it with a different name. Too many errors of accidentally overwriting data will make you pull your hair out.

Hey Zagam,

I need some help with getting my T14H sims to match the rankings posted on simcraft's website.

I've made a spreadsheet to see how each lock spec is affected by the 5.2 changes. I've simmed each grimoire for each spec as, but the values that I get when I run simcraft myself don't line up with the site's posted rankings (at least the top 3 spec/grimoire combos). I've got the lastest version of simcraft and I'm copy/pasting the respective T14H gear profile off of the website so the gear/reforges are identical, yet I'm coming up short by about 3-5k overall DPS compared to the 3 top warlock specs.

Is there something special that simcraft is doing differently for their sims used for rankings?

I've got the basics: Full buffs, 10000 iterations, Low lag, 450s time, 20%, Patchwerk, Elite.

If you could shed any light on this that'd be great! It's hard to make a comparison when my sims aren't even in the same ballpark as Simcraft's rankings.

They don't have any changes set up for 5.2. Please note that they also change their stat weights when different Grimoires are used. For example, for Affliction and Grim of Sac, Mastery is king. If you drop Grim of Sac, however, and take Grim of Supremacy, then Haste takes over. This may be what's causing the small variance in your reports.

If you're pulling the exact gear and reforging that they are but running a different value on your Sim, then they may have just not update it in a while. Errors are always being found in those codes and they work their tails off to correct them. I think their last update was Feb 11...I'd say just wing it for a while and wait for the next iteration to come out.

Ya I know that simcraft isn't set up for 5.2 yet. The spreadsheet is essentially what you posted in your attunement thread, but expanded in to all the spec/grim combos. I'm not going to touch pet combos. I'll wait on that one Posted Image. I definitely didn't factor in the different stat weights for different grims. I'll have to mess around with that.

Overall though it is very interesting to see the change in the rankings between the specs/grim combos from 5.1 to 5.2. They definitely did a good job of bringing the specs closer to each other without nuking the class at all. Even if someone wanted to play Destro they'd still be towards the top of their raid's meters if they played well. This is still going purely off 5.1 numbers and gear. Other gear and class changes will definitely move where the middle of the pack is, but I don't anticipate destro to be anything but above the middle.

I'm just barely skimming the surface of what sim/theorycrafter's do and I can see how daunting it is. I want to look in to something and five roadblocks pop up haha. I bow before you and the sim/theorycrafting community.

A quick question, for a multiplication factor between 5.1 and 5.2 on Conflag/Immo, would 1.4/1.25 be the correct value since GoSac took a -5% hit, but those spells got a 20% buff individually. Also 1.3/1.25 for Incin?

Edited by Cruzan

Multiplicative factors can't be added together as you are doing. For the 5% drop in Incinerate and then a 10% buff, you take the current DPS component and multiply by (120/125) and then (110/100). This is equivalent, if you wanted to do it in one step, to (13200/12500) or (132/125). Just the same for Conflag but (120/125) and then (120/100). Immolate is only multiplied by (120/100) because it's not affected by Grim of Sac.

Ah right, basic math mixup. Forgot denominators would be different and not sure why I included immolate in the gosac nerf Posted Image.

Thanks Z.

Simulationcraft (510-12) 5.2 PTR (16650) Pre-made Models (3/1/2013)

Affliction = 195076 DPS

Intellect = 5.97

SP = 4.88

Hit = 3.98

Crit = 2.69

Haste = 4.05

Mastery = 4.51

Professions: Engineering/Blacksmithing

Talents: Grimoire of Sacrifice

Gear Profile

head=hood_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96726,gems=sinister_primal_320haste_180crit,reforge=hit_mastery

neck=necklace_of_the_terracotta_invoker,id=96708,gems=80int_160haste_60hit

shoulders=mantle_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96729,gems=320haste_80int_160haste_120haste,enchant=200int_100crit,reforge=crit_mastery

back=red_sky_cloudcloak,id=95014,gems=320haste_60haste,enchant=180int

chest=robes_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96728,gems=80int_160haste_320haste_160haste_160hit_180int,enchant=80all,reforge=hit_haste

wrists=azure_shell_bracers,id=96432,gems=320haste,enchant=170int,reforge=crit_haste

hands=gloves_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96725,gems=80int_160haste_320haste_60int,enchant=170mastery,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=crit_haste

wrist=cord_of_cacophonous_cawing,id=96462,gems=80int_160haste_320haste_120haste,reforge=hit_mastery

legs=leggings_of_the_discarded_warning,id=95030,gems=80int_160haste_320haste_320haste_180mastery,enchant=285int_165crit

feet=starwalker_sandals,id=95004,gems=320haste_160hit_160haste_120int,enchant=140mastery,reforge=crit_haste

finger1=roshaks_remembrance,id=96529,gems=160haste_160hit_60haste,reforge=crit_haste

finger2=radens_summoning_band,id=95019,gems=160hit_160haste_60int,reforge=hit_mastery

trinket1=breath_of_the_hydra,id=96455

trinket2=wushoolays_final_choice,id=96413,reforge=hit_haste

main_hand=athame_of_the_sanguine_ritual,id=96518,gems=80int_160haste_320haste_60int,enchant=jade_spirit

off_hand=leishens_orb_of_command,id=96562,gems=80int_160haste_60int,enchant=165int,reforge=crit_mastery

Gear Stats

# Gear Summary

# gear_strength=80

# gear_agility=80

# gear_stamina=26226

# gear_intellect=17929

# gear_spirit=80

# gear_spell_power=10078

# gear_hit_rating=5090

# gear_crit_rating=3462

# gear_haste_rating=16222

# gear_mastery_rating=7386

# gear_armor=16151

# meta_gem=sinister_primal

# tier15_2pc_caster=1

# tier15_4pc_caster=1

# hands=gloves_of_the_thousandfold_hells,heroic=1,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii

# main_hand=athame_of_the_sanguine_ritual,heroic=1,weapon=dagger_1.80speed_3002min_5576max,enchant=jade_spirit

default_pet=felhunter

Notes: 45.08% Haste, 78,46% Mastery, 20.92% Crit, 14.97% Hit

Wushoolays uptime = 26.5%

Breath of the Hydra uptime = 24.6%

Haunt uptime = 70.3%

Grimoires

Sacrifice = 195076 DPS

Service - Felhunter = 191388 DPS

Supremacy - Observer = 192194 DPS

Grimoire of Sacrifice uplift noticed in simulations = 30%

The Grimoire choices are closer than ever before for Affliction...still looks like Sacrifice wins if it stays at 30%.

Demonology = 178339 DPS

Intellect = 5.41

SP = 4.31

Hit = 4.92

Crit = 2.73

Haste = 3.29

Mastery = 3.08

Talents: Grimoire of Service

Gear Profile

head=hood_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96726,gems=sinister_primal_80int_160crit_180crit,reforge=hit_crit

neck=necklace_of_the_terracotta_invoker,id=96708,gems=160int_60hit,reforge=haste_crit

shoulders=mantle_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96729,gems=160int_80int_160crit_120haste,enchant=200int_100crit,reforge=haste_mastery

back=deadly_glare_cape,id=96485,gems=160int_60int,enchant=180int,reforge=haste_mastery

chest=robes_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96728,gems=160int_80int_160crit_80int_160hit_180int,enchant=80all,reforge=hit_crit

wrists=azure_shell_bracers,id=96432,enchant=170int

hands=gloves_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96725,gems=160int_60int,enchant=170mastery,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii

waist=vitabinder_wrap,id=94996,gems=80int_160hit_80int_160hit_120int,reforge=hit_mastery

legs=leggings_of_the_discarded_warning,id=95030,gems=160int_80int_160crit_80int_160crit_180mastery,enchant=285int_165crit,reforge=haste_crit

feet=starwalker_sandals,id=95004,gems=80int_160crit_80int_160hit_120int,enchant=140mastery

finger1=radens_summoning_band,id=95019,gems=80int_160hit_60int,enchant=160int,reforge=hit_crit

finger2=jinrokhs_dreamshard,id=96382,enchant=160int,reforge=hit_mastery

trinket1=chayes_essence_of_brilliance,id=96516

trinket2=unerring_vision_of_leishen,id=96558

main_hand=nadagasts_exsanguinator,id=96610,gems=80int_160crit_160int_60int,enchant=jade_spirit

off_hand=fetish_of_the_hydra,id=96454,gems=80int_160hit_60int,enchant=165int

Gear Stats

# Gear Summary

# gear_strength=80

# gear_agility=80

# gear_stamina=26255

# gear_intellect=21704

# gear_spirit=80

# gear_spell_power=10078

# gear_hit_rating=5084

# gear_crit_rating=11572

# gear_haste_rating=3753

# gear_mastery_rating=5990

# gear_armor=16154

# tier15_2pc_caster=1

# tier15_4pc_caster=1

# trinket2=unerring_vision_of_leishen,heroic=1

# main_hand=nadagasts_exsanguinator,heroic=1,weapon=dagger_1.80speed_3002min_5577max,enchant=jade_spirit

default_pet=felguard

Notes: 14.27% Haste, 36.08% Crit, 22.98% Mastery, 14.95% Hit

Chayes Essence uptime = 29.3%

No recorded procs of Unerring Vision

Grimoires

Service - Felguard = 178428 DPS

Supremacy - Wrathguard = 177344 DPS

Sacrifice = 174881 DPS

Demonology has closed the gap on Grimoires as well. The buffs to the single target spells made Sacrifice a viable option if you wanted. Service remains optimal and will be increased in situations where increased DPS bursts are needed.

Destruction = 174872 DPS

Intellect = 5.39

SP = 4.22

Hit = 4.44

Crit = 2.67

Haste = 2.82

Mastery = 2.92

Talents: Grimoire of Supremacy

Gear Profile

head=hood_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96726,gems=sinister_primal_80int_160haste_180crit,reforge=hit_crit

neck=necklace_of_the_terracotta_invoker,id=96708,gems=160int_60hit

shoulders=mantle_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96729,gems=160int_80int_160haste_120haste,enchant=200int_100crit

back=deadly_glare_cape,id=96485,gems=160int_60int,enchant=180int,reforge=haste_mastery

chest=robes_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96728,gems=160int_80int_160haste_80int_160hit_180int,enchant=80all,reforge=hit_haste

wrists=azure_shell_bracers,id=96432,enchant=170int,reforge=mastery_haste

hands=gloves_of_the_thousandfold_hells,id=96725,gems=160int_60int,enchant=170haste,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=mastery_haste

waist=vitabinder_wrap,id=94996,gems=80int_160hit_80int_160hit_120int,reforge=crit_haste

legs=leggings_of_the_discarded_warning,id=95030,gems=160int_80int_160haste_80int_160mastery_180mastery,enchant=285int_165crit,reforge=mastery_crit

feet=starwalker_sandals,id=95004,gems=80int_160haste_80int_160hit_120int,enchant=140mastery,reforge=mastery_haste

finger1=radens_summoning_band,id=95019,gems=80int_160hit_60int,enchant=160int,reforge=hit_crit

finger2=jinrokhs_dreamshard,id=96382,enchant=160int,reforge=hit_haste

trinket1=unerring_vision_of_leishen,id=96558

trinket2=chayes_essence_of_brilliance,id=96516,reforge=crit_haste

main_hand=nadagasts_exsanguinator,id=96610,gems=80int_160haste_60int,enchant=jade_spirit,reforge=crit_haste

off_hand=fetish_of_the_hydra,id=96454,gems=80int_160hit_160int_60int,enchant=165int,reforge=hit_haste

Gear Stats

# Gear Summary

# gear_strength=80

# gear_agility=80

# gear_stamina=26255

# gear_intellect=21704

# gear_spirit=80

# gear_spell_power=10078

# gear_hit_rating=5099

# gear_crit_rating=8606

# gear_haste_rating=8872

# gear_mastery_rating=3822

# gear_armor=16154

# tier15_2pc_caster=1

# tier15_4pc_caster=1

# trinket1=unerring_vision_of_leishen,heroic=1

# main_hand=nadagasts_exsanguinator,heroic=1,weapon=dagger_1.80speed_3002min_5577max,enchant=jade_spirit

default_pet=felhunter

Notes: 26.92% Haste, 31.13% Crit, 58.11% Mastery, 15.00% Hit

Chayes Essence Uptime = 29.4%

No recorded procs of Unerring Vision.

Grimoires

Supremacy - Observer = 174872 DPS

Service - Felhunter = 174742 DPS

Sacrifice = 166653 DPS

Sacrifice is no longer an option for Destruction...it's way below Service and Supremacy. Service and Supremacy are close enough you can choose. It appears that Sacrifice is a DPS loss for the cost of not managing a pet. This is, of course, early testing and things may change.

Alright, here are the early numbers for 5.2 in BiS gear (540 ilvl).

Affliction - Sacrifice - 195076 DPS

Affliction - Supremacy - 192194 DPS

Affliction - Service - 191388 DPS

Demonology - Service - 178428 DPS

Demonology - Supremacy - 177344 DPS

Demonology - Sacrifice - 174881 DPS

Destruction - Supremacy - 174872 DPS

Destruction - Service - 174742 DPS

Destruction - Sacrifice - 166653 DPS

Looks like it will remain Affliction >>>> Demo = Destro. These numbers are based off the newest PTR which is build 16650. Stay tuned...

uh.....Posted Image

I got confused because I checked your posts earlier from my phone and didn't notice the edits just now haha. Earlier today they made sense, but now, idk.

Staying tuned...

Edited by Cruzan

Looks like it will remain Affliction >>>> Demo = Destro. These numbers are based off the newest PTR which is build 16650. Stay tuned...

So much for the spec swap... :( Let's hope it changes again!

Could be errors in Simcraft...and it could be that Aff scales really well with gear and is behind until you're BiS. I'll check things out tonight. One way to do it is import my character and check him in the PTR against live. I can't do that at work, but it will be done tonight although the integrity of my work goes down after 5pm on Fridays. I like to knock a few back while doing my Friday night PvP :D

Wushoolays uptime = 26.5%

Breath of the Hydra uptime = 24.6%

Looks Like, analysing just the proc rate: Wushoolays in your 502 version will rule over LoTC 510 and ROY 484 and BotH 502 will win over 502 LoTC and ROY 484 and draw with LoTC 510

I'm right?

Could be errors in Simcraft...and it could be that Aff scales really well with gear and is behind until you're BiS. I'll check things out tonight. One way to do it is import my character and check him in the PTR against live. I can't do that at work, but it will be done tonight although the integrity of my work goes down after 5pm on Fridays. I like to knock a few back while doing my Friday night PvP Posted Image

I just did this with my gear.

95.3k on Live

100.6k on PTR

So...ya. Something is definitely not right yet.

Simcraft has an unruly 70% uptime on Haunt. No idea how they're pulling that shit off. I mean all they did to Affliction is increase Haunt's effect by 5% and decreased Grim of Sacrifice's effect by 20%. I don't see that correlating into a buff...haha

Running the gear test with Demo for live vs PTR atm.

I doubt that a 5% bump to haunt makes up for the GoSac nerf for affliction.

My comp is screaming at me because I'm streaming the Gamebreaker, GC interview, running two sims and running WoW lol.

So Demo definitely went the right direction, at least intuitively.

89k for Live

96.8k on PTR

Edited by Cruzan

Am I the only one who's Demo spec decreased with the PTR sims?

With Afflic gems/reforgew

Live = 97k

PTR = 95k

Is the PTR sims optimized yet?

Zagam's Simulations (500 ilvl equipped)

Demonology (Grimoire of Service)

122741 in PTR world

112542 in live world

Destruction (Grimoire of Sacrifice)

109932 PTR

110691 Live

Destruction (Grimoire of Supremacy)

115396 PTR

109554 Live

Seems somewhat legit. Warlocks are getting buffs but you'll be swapping things out. Just for poops and giggles, here is the BiS T14 models for consistency.

Affliction (Grimoire of Sacrifice) *Note, even though it's been nerfed, Sac is still the best

125054 PTR

131601 Live

Demonology (Grimoire of Service)

128103 PTR

117419 Live

Destruction (Grimoire of Sacrifice)

114844 PTR

115714 Live

Destruction (Grimoire of Supremacy)

120459 PTR

114370 Live

There ya go...if you're looking what your DPS will shift to immediately around 500 or 509 ilvl, there's your best approximation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks like Demonology = Affliction at 509 ilvl, but as you climb to 540 ilvl, Affliction pulls far ahead again. Below 509 ilvl, Demonology > Affliction, so you can enjoy both specs. For you Destro locks, you scale better now, but only with Grim of Supremacy. Using Sacrifice is almost as good as not using a pet at all.