FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.2 Warlock Simulation

Wouldn't a 320 Mastery or 320 Haste gem be better than 160 Int? Also, I'm OCD and MUST have socket bonuses. For the non-OCD person, wouldn't passing these up create some net loss? The only socket bonuses I think about passing are crit ones, but unfortunately, our tier helm token has 180 Crit socket bonus (WTF is that, btw) so I match it. I don't think any of my other gear has it...all Intellect/Haste/Mastery gem socket bonuses. If my boots had, say, 60+ crit socket bonus for a blue gem, I would put 320 Haste instead of 160 Haste/160 Hit. I would prefer 320 Haste over 160 Haste, 160 Hit, and 60 Crit.

I don't use Purple gems either. Red/Orange = Haste/Int, Yellow = Haste, Blue/Green = Haste/Hit

Wouldn't a 320 Mastery or 320 Haste gem be better than 160 Int? Also, I'm OCD and MUST have socket bonuses. For the non-OCD person, wouldn't passing these up create some net loss? The only socket bonuses I think about passing are crit ones, but unfortunately, our tier helm token has 180 Crit socket bonus (WTF is that, btw) so I match it. I don't think any of my other gear has it...all Intellect/Haste/Mastery gem socket bonuses. If my boots had, say, 60+ crit socket bonus for a blue gem, I would put 320 Haste instead of 160 Haste/160 Hit. I would prefer 320 Haste over 160 Haste, 160 Hit, and 60 Crit.

I don't use Purple gems either. Red/Orange = Haste/Int, Yellow = Haste, Blue/Green = Haste/Hit

I'm not at a point where im comfortable with gemming pure secondary. It never really pulls ahead for destruction by any quantifiable amount, and for demo it doesn't start beating int gems until practically heroic BiS with 2 heroic rppm and meta. Eventually, I know demo will completely squash destro on half the fights, so I'll probably end up gearing that way, but for now, I hold onto my 160 int gems.

I plan on eventually playing demo for 5/13 heroic fights; jinrokh, council, iron qon, twin consorts, lei shen.

The fights not listed, destro obviously pulls ahead for mechanically hilarious reasons, and demo can't carry turtles like I can so <_<.

I will never, ever, in a billion years, play affliction again, unless its literally 10% better on every fight.

Agreed. I think in terms of maximum output, it goes somewhat like this (heroics, based on some knowledge of all fights):

Jin'rokh - Destro (puddle-timed Chaos Bolts)

Horridon - Destro (Shadowburn heaven)

Council - Demonology (multi-dotting, on demand burst)

Tortos - Demonology (if assigned to bats)

Megaera - Demonology (tested this last week, DoTs applied to other adds persist when they come back up. With EA glyph, you can slap 100% Crit Doom on multiple targets creating a Council like scenario)

Ji'kun - Destruction (quick nest bursts and nutriment empowered CBs)

Durumu - Demonology (huge bursts for Ice Walls)

Primoridius - Destruction (Mannoroth Rain of Fire and Shadowburn heaven ftw)

Dark Animus - Destruction (quick cleaving and Shadowburns)

Iron Qon - Demonology (good 2 target cleave, Imps attack from anywhere)

Twins - Demonology (good 2 target cleave)

Lei Shen - Demonology (massive burst for Ball Lightning)

Agreed. I think in terms of maximum output, it goes somewhat like this (heroics, based on some knowledge of all fights):

Jin'rokh - Destro (puddle-timed Chaos Bolts)

Horridon - Destro (Shadowburn heaven)

Council - Demonology (multi-dotting, on demand burst)

Tortos - Demonology (if assigned to bats)

Megaera - Demonology (tested this last week, DoTs applied to other adds persist when they come back up. With EA glyph, you can slap 100% Crit Doom on multiple targets creating a Council like scenario)

Ji'kun - Destruction (quick nest bursts and nutriment empowered CBs)

Durumu - Demonology (huge bursts for Ice Walls)

Primoridius - Destruction (Mannoroth Rain of Fire and Shadowburn heaven ftw)

Dark Animus - Destruction (quick cleaving and Shadowburns)

Iron Qon - Demonology (good 2 target cleave, Imps attack from anywhere)

Twins - Demonology (good 2 target cleave)

Lei Shen - Demonology (massive burst for Ball Lightning)

The burst dps I see destro winning imo, sustained is where demo shines in my mind. I can drop FaB immolate/rof and 2x FaB conflag and watch adds on lei shen melt. + for tortos you have the added fun of never ending embers, more self healing (I never once use the crystal shell, and do 75% of the healing done to me), and basically the same aoe. Also highly depends on strategy, we don't kill bats, we have our BrM kite them, and let Fab immolate/rof, two rows of dk dots, and serpent sting, passively aoe them down, usually at ~10-20% by the time the next set comes out without even actually switching at any point other than dots.

what fight style would u use for TOT ? Posted Image

Wushu, or Tae Kwon Do for most bosses.

Just j/k, but at lower ilvls you should go with destro until you get meta+RPPM trinkets.

As stated before, secondary stats will be a minor contribution to your overall DPS if you play your specialization correctly, so try not to put so much time into worrying about secondary stats instead of worrying about perfecting your play. That said, you will have unique stat weights at every single possible gear situation. If you change just one reforge, your stat weights will change slightly. If you go full Haste, Mastery may look better while if you go full Mastery, Haste may look better. The stat weights you see are measured DPS per point of secondary stats that contribute to your DPS AT THAT GEAR LEVEL. While Crit may look good at a particular reforge, it turns out that as you stack more Crit, the stat weight of Crit goes down. You really don't need to figure this out every single time you get an upgrade. Pick a playstyle you like and go with that as a secondary stat build. Just don't pick Crit.

Ok as a destro lock I have always loved Mastery as I like seeing huge CB - so if I want to be a mastery how do I figure out much Mastery per point I need? I don't think I can just go to askmrrobot and edit the weight claim I get X amount of dps per pts just so it forges me into it. Despite you saying pick a playstyle still need to figure out what I put into askmrrobot weight after the sumunlation - do I put in what they say or do I make up my 0wn. Right now despite being very good at gear being good, I not pull dps I see others pull, and to get my dps up and I think my problem is my reforge/gem/enchants / trinket choices

Hooray for 5.3!

Spent my 3k valor upgarding 6 items.

Finally completed the Wrathion quest line and got my legendary meta gem, which I put into a Thunderforged helm - now with 2 upgrades. I play Destruction, btw.

Ran a few new sims. First time it's pushed me more towards mastery in quite a while - which I'm happy about quite frankly because I think it fits my play style a bit more and with the extra 8,800 haste from the shadowpan trinket I didn't feel like I needed to stack so much in reforge and gems.

Entered my stat weights into askmrrobot.

Tells me to replace my legendary meta with burning primal.

Sigh...

Any thoughts on this? I mean I know none of us Destro locks want that 324 crit, but are you using that meta gem?

Edited by Axxym

The Haste proc for Destruction is rather pathetic. The proc itself is usually wasted and the proc rate is abysmal. While I wouldn't recommend replacing it, it's really not a hip-hip-hooray moment for Destruction as it is for Demonology or Affliction.

• Like 1