FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Bacon

I think the most common bacon in the UK comes from the back ("back bacon", as it's cunningly called).

Aye, back bacon is the back of the loin, streaky bacon is the belly. I would always use back bacon if I was making a sarnie, but if I was cooking with it steaky is often better due to the higher fat content. Depending what you are cooking that is! According to the internet those Americans get their bacon from the belly.

Personally I like to get bacon that is the slightly more expensive stuff rather than asda's 2 packs for £4 as that is pumped full of water. That extra special applewood smoked stuff is lush.

Bacon + cheese is clearly god like. I like when you get some streaky smoked bacon, wrap cubes of cheese up in it (pizza motzarella is ace) and then grill it. It is not overly healthy, but it does taste wonderful...

It is not overly healthy, but it does taste wonderful...

We like to take pork chops and wrap them in bacon. The only thing that makes pork taste better is wrapping it in more pork.

• Like 1

We like to take pork chops and wrap them in bacon. The only thing that makes pork taste better is wrapping it in more pork.

I'm gonna go totally crazy here but can I sugest something? Can we possibly take some pork sausage meat and make a stuffing, then possibly tenderise a pork loin, bash it out, roll it round the stuffing and wrap it up with bacon? I think we should put something fruity in the stuffing to make it more ballanced. Pears? We could then serve it with some sort of sauce, lets say gruyere (cream, gruyere, maybe pierre?). Then it would be like triple pig.

And then crackling on top!

• Like 2

I'm gonna go totally crazy here but can I sugest something? Can we possibly take some pork sausage meat and make a stuffing, then possibly tenderise a pork loin, bash it out, roll it round the stuffing and wrap it up with bacon? I think we should put something fruity in the stuffing to make it more ballanced. Pears? We could then serve it with some sort of sauce, lets say gruyere (cream, gruyere, maybe pierre?). Then it would be like triple pig.

And then crackling on top!

I was going to post something about how awesome pepper bacon is but after reading this I don't think it really matters anymore.

• Like 2

First day back in work today after 2 weeks off (hols) and I got given a voucher that entitles me to a free meal in the staff canteen. Am going to use it tomorrow morning for my breakfast.. Hmm, think I'll have lots and lots of lovely "free" bacon!

• Like 3

i wouldnt doubt it..... weve got some very weird things going on with bacon right now.... Bacon ice cream sundaes, Chocolate covered bacon, bacon pancake mixes, etc........bacon is in EVERYTHING! O.o its getting kinda scary........