FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Wizard Energy Twister with Delsere

Guest TT

I'm having trouble doing any damage with this build. I've got all of the items and skills listed, but it takes me ages to kill anything T10+. I've tried both the group and solo versions of the build to no effect. What am I missing?

Guest Snow Craby

I'm having trouble doing any damage with this build. I've got all of the items and skills listed, but it takes me ages to kill anything T10+. I've tried both the group and solo versions of the build to no effect. What am I missing?

I had the same problem. Then I came to the conclusion that this is more of a survivability build. It is not ideal for damage. 

Guest Jim

I'm doing good damages but my arcane runs out so quickly using twister.  Anyway to regenerate resource faster.  

Guest Marvus

On the multi version: you should consider that the build requires at least one support who feed you with health globes for the reaper. If you just teamed up with random people you should go with the solo.

And on the solo version: I've only recently geared to DMO from FB, but I easily cleared GR55 with it without any AP issue. My current build for reference (not that it is anywhere near optimal, just for comparison): http://www.d3planner.com/523621847

The main thing for this build is that I don't cast ET manually. Of course if I'll have the AP generation required I should consider casting it between Etched Sigil casts to maximize the effectiveness.

The other is that if you go with channeling you should be wary of the attack speed bonus. Of course it's nice to cast faster but you'll run dry fast. This probably can be cured with APoC or higher generation/cost reduction, but since I currently go with Aquila, which requires constant high AP to work optimally and don't have the generation, I go without Pain Enhancer and probably going for Esoteric on higher rifts instead of Powerful or PE, at least until I find a viable solution to this which scales adequately

Guest neclon

I just solod a 55 grift.  Damage is definitely not the downside.  I like the solo version for groups, too, if you don't have a monk/barb feeding you globes like mentioned in the guide.  So basically go with solo setup for grp.

If you don't have furnace, there is a sword that increases dmg 35% when channeling, too.  This is a very odd build, very situational.  You need to get as many twisters out as possible on elites but also have everything inside slow time.  channel disintegrate/arcane while setting up big fights

Guest neclon

I will say if your grp does *not* have solanium, the posted grp build doesn't work that well IMO.  I spend too much time waiting on mana regen in a big fight without constant health globes.  I run with the channeling/solo version in most pugs. Since I'm a casual player that's pretty much all I run with =P.

Guest William

APD

Each stunned enemy within 25 yards reduces your damage taken by 9–12%.

where the stuns come from??

APD

Each stunned enemy within 25 yards reduces your damage taken by 9–12%.

where the stuns come from??

The Frost Novas triggered by the Halo of Arlyse in the Cube is considered a stun.

Guest tim

why dont you run crown of the primus instead of ancient parthan defenders?

why dont you run crown of the primus instead of ancient parthan defenders?

You already take the best rune (the damage reduction one), and the other runes are only marginally beneficial compared to the scaling protection coming from APDs - they scale with the number of enemies you engage.

Guest Phil

For the group build, I'm having a hard time with AP, after i cast the first 5-7 i basically run out.

I have all the right pieces and passives etc with apoc but no luck.

Is it 100% necessary to have globe feeders in the group?

seems like this guy makes it mandatory

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69867-2-4-gr100-energy-twister

Otherwise i need really high density of monsters to get the AP regen going nicely, but by then they are already dead unless i play on a GR too high for my own good i imagine.

Is it 100% necessary to have globe feeders in the group?

Definitely. This group build is out of the question without globe feeders.

Guest Winterweaver

True ... it is a damage type mostly beneficial if supported by globe creators. I have tried a similar build based on twister, and it is not a solo build. If you want a great solo build go for their build ... based on arcane orbs.

Guest Phil

How do the guys on Season leaderboard run the group build in solo grfits?

I just don't seem to understand, even with +500 int on everything they still have no AP right?

Guest Denda

With some changes this build is THE best build for solo GR's as Blatty has shown. Why is it not listed under Solo Endgame Builds??

Guest Denda

True ... it is a damage type mostly beneficial if supported by globe creators. I have tried a similar build based on twister, and it is not a solo build. If you want a great solo build go for their build ... based on arcane orbs.

The leader of the Solo GR leaderboard proves otherwise though ;)

Guest Phil

Is there a peak to the solo channeling build? I am stuck at around GR 70 solo sad.png

Is there a peak to the solo channeling build? I am stuck at around GR 70 solo sad.png

Likely around 90? If you provide me with a link to your character, I can take a look and provide more specific advice. :)

Guest Zebmastah

http://www.d3planner.com/207897964

is My build at the moment, doing 65 rifts alone. Doing 74 with another dmo  wizard. I need the ranslor to get density cause we play on ps4. I like the solo version of this because it looks lot like my build, would this solo build outperform mine? I do die easy atm, and I do need the wicked rune because, console! :) dmo set or tal rasha with a channeling build? What would be preferred?

On 6/24/2016 at 9:30 PM, Guest Zebmastah said:

http://www.d3planner.com/207897964

is My build at the moment, doing 65 rifts alone. Doing 74 with another dmo  wizard. I need the ranslor to get density cause we play on ps4. I like the solo version of this because it looks lot like my build, would this solo build outperform mine? I do die easy atm, and I do need the wicked rune because, console! :) dmo set or tal rasha with a channeling build? What would be preferred?

Hey - you seem to have linked me a Firebird's build though? At the moment, DMO and Tal Rasha would both do better at an Energy Twister build, with DMO being the easier set to control in my opinion. I got a little confused by your 'channeling build' comment though - are you trying to build around Energy Twister, or a channeled skill (i.e. Disintegrate, Ray of Frost, etc)?

IMO this build is not usefull any longer, it does way less damage then other builds.

If you want to push Greater Rifts, I suggest you switch to another. Strongest one atm: Firebird / Archon.

Guest Ace

A version of this build is being used on the console version. They got to GR 95

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      It seems the fact that only Crusaders and Monks are getting new sets is bothering a fair amount of people and Nevalistis has replied to a forum thread titled "2 out of 7 classes are getting love!?", which is a pretty ironic title considering Barbarians are getting quite some affection this season as well (I suppose it's only love if there's sets involved... typical materialists!!1).

The explanation goes into why this way of releasing updates to the classes was chosen and what other ways were planned and then scrapped (although the reason behind the initial limitation is clearly because there aren't that many devs working on D3, as is to be expected - and hopefully the rest are all on D4):
      Season 19 New Additions (source)
      This is pretty good summary as to why. We really had two approaches we could have taken to bringing new stuff to the game:
      Release smaller patches that have something for everyone Release larger, more focused (and ideally better balanced) patches for 1-2 classes at a time We’ve opted for the latter because we think it makes a lot more sense on a lot of levels; we can focus on a particular art style, gameplay is more consolidated, and we’re at less risk of breaking more things at a time while we work. We knew this approach could be divisive, which is why we called it out in the blog from August. We didn’t want it to be a surprise.
      Class Sets in Diablo III greatly impact skills and gameplay style. Each needs room to breathe (and be thoroughly tested) as they’re implemented. And if we need to make changes to the ones we’re adding after your feedback, we need time to do that, too.
      Trying to juggle seven all at once was just outside scope, especially as supplemental Legendary powers need attention too. I won’t pretend we’re going to get it all right, but pacing ourselves accordingly makes that at least a little more likely.
      Header image source.
    • By Starym
      Update: we're also getting a new pet and portrait frame in addition to the reurning rewards from Season 7!

The next season's PTR will be up this Thursday and we have all the patch notes already! The big news is the new seasonal power, and it's a pretty solid one. The Pandemonuim effect will not only buff your speed and power (up to 50% speed and 100% damage) based on killstreak, but also has a combo effect depending on when you choose to end your killstreak (from massive frost novas, angels descending to help and more). All the effects are listed below and will scale based on the GR level as well, making them (hopefully) relevant in higher GRs as well.

We're also getting new sets! Crusaders and Monks will be getting them this season, with the other class ones arriving in later seasons, and there will be new and returning legendary powers that will synergize with the sets.

Barbarians also get a lot of tweaks to their legendary items, hopefully addressing the issues players have had with the class.
      New Pet (source)
      I totally forgot to put this in the patch notes, but just in the interest of visibility:
      Added a pet and portrait frame reward for completing the full Season Journey for Season 19
      This is similar to the Galactic Wings that were available during Season 17 and in addition to the returning Season rewards from Season 7 for completing Chapter IV

PTR Patch 2.6.7 (source)
      The one-week PTR testing period for 2.6.7 begins October 17 and we need your help to make Season 19 better than ever!
      We’ve begun introducing brand new class sets to Diablo III as outlined in our Ongoing Support blog, heavily revised several Barbarian Legendaries at the direct request of the community and continued to iterate on our approach to Seasonal buffs and how they can change up the overall gameplay experience. Take a look at the preliminary patch notes below and start theorycrafting; Patch 2.6.7 will be arriving before the end of the year!

PATCH 2.6.7
      Table of Contents:
      General Seasons Items Monsters Bug Fixes Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated. Please note that PTR is only available for PC and Mac users.

General
      Greater Rift Keystones are now subject to vacuum pick-up A note regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) has been added, clearly stating we do not sell account information. For more information regarding the CCPA, please see here. (Console Only) Return to Top

Seasons
      Developer Note: One of the biggest pieces of feedback from Season 18's buff was that the Triune bonus didn't stick with your character while you adventured. With Season 19, we've altered course as well as upped the ante by experimenting with new mechanics to add an element of both chaos and power to the battlefield. It should feel a bit like Pandemonium, and it may be a consideration whether or not you want to reset your total kill streak for a particular killstreak bonus versus continuously maintain the overall effect (especially as the highest level killstreak rewards will be harder to leverage in situations like Greater Rifts). Killstreaks with higher kill count requirements are more powerful, and we're looking forward to seeing what players think of and do with them! The buff for Season 19, the Season of Eternal Conflict, has been added Pandemonium For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds Each stack gives 0.05% movement speed and 0.1% bonus damage. This bonus caps at 50% movement and 100% damage (1000 stacks) In addition, after reaching a certain number of kills in a row, a power is unleashed, dealing an amount of scaling damage based on player level and difficulty or Greater Rift level: 15 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed 30 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies 50 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy 100 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky 150 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky 300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause 1000 Kills: ??? Powers are tracked at a group level; this means only one power can be active in play at a time, regardless of the number of players in a group Return to Top

Items
      Developer Note: With Patch 2.6.7, we are beginning to roll out new class sets for every class in Diablo III. For the Season of Eternal Conflict, we're focusing on the two classes that embody the Light and wield some form of Holy elemental damage: Crusader and Monk. You'll also find a handful of retuned or newly added Legendary powers intended to synergize with the new class sets. We did a lot of community research into which skills were most requested by players as well as most underrepresented in current builds, and we hope you're as excited as we are for these new gameplay options. The other class sets will be coming in later patches, so if your class isn't represented this time around, fret not—they're coming in a future patch! You'll also notice a significant number of Barbarian item changes in this patch. While the Barbarian class set will be coming at a later date, we have very much heard the War Cry from our dedicated Barbarian community and implemented a number of changes heavily inspired by extremely thorough feedback. While not every suggestion has been taken at a 1:1 parity, the thoughtful analysis helped guide us to changes we could implement in this patch. Thanks very much to the community members who expressed their concerns in a respectful, constructive manner. It's very helpful, and we greatly appreciate the thought and effort that went into making your voices heard! New Crusader Set: Aegis of Valor 2-Piece Bonus: The charged bolts from Fist of the Heavens has a chance to cast another Fist of the Heavens 4-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Fist of the Heavens reduces damage taken by 1% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 50 times 6-Piece Bonus: Increase the damage of Fist of the Heavens by 10,000% New Monk Set: Patterns of Justice 2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune 4-Piece Bonus: Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times. 6-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind after hitting over 30 times within a short period. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 10,000% Darklight Fist of the Heavens has a [45-60%] 100% chance to be cast twice. Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Fist of the Heavens by [200-250%]. The Eye of the Storm New Legendary Power: When Sweeping Wind hits exactly 1 enemy, its damage is increased by 100%. Vengeful Wind Increases the maximum stack count of Sweeping Wind by [6-7] 10 Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Sweeping Wind by [250-300%] Chantodo's Resolve The scaled attack speed damage bonus to Wave of Destruction has been reduced Developer Note: This is a reactive adjustment from an earlier change to how Wave of Destruction receives a bonus from Attack Speed. The buff that resulted from that change was more than we expected, so we're reigning it in. Wrath of the Wastes 6-Piece Bonus: The damage bonus now also applies to Rend Lamentation Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Rend by [150-200%] Ambo's Pride New Legendary Power: Attacking with Whirlwind also applies Rend and the total damage of Rend is dealt over 1 second Remorseless Hammer of the Ancients has a [25-30%] chance to summon an Ancient for 20 seconds New Legendary Power: While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals [200-250%] more damage. Fjord Cutter You are surrounded by a Chilling Aura when attacking. New Legendary Power: Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and also deals 100-150% increased damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies Bracers of Destruction Seismic Slam deals [400-500%] increased damage to the first 5 10 enemies it hits. Fury of the Ancients Call of the Ancients gains the effect of the Ancients' Fury rune and your Ancients attack 100% faster Bone Ringer Now has a cap of 60 stacks. Developer Note: We never intended for this item to be used in a way where you farm stacks for an egregious amount of time (5+ minutes) and then watch all their health disappear in less than a second. It's not an engaging style of gameplay, and we don't want that experience to be the best way to play the Necromancer. Legacy of Dreams This gem is now more likely to drop from a Greater Rift Guardian Return to Top

Monsters
      Blighter Blighter's Poison Tentacles' Area of Effect now hits less frequently, but at higher damage, when attacking players Return to Top

Bug Fixes
      Spite Fixed an issue where casting Restless Giant would cause the 200% physical bonus damage to fail to apply when the Gargantuan enraged Squirt's Necklace Fixed an issue where some ground effects were causing the Squirt's Necklace buff to fall off despite being shielded Return to Top

How to Participate
      To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
      Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
      Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
      Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
      Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
      Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate. For additional assistance with installing and launching the PTR, click here.
      Return to Top

PTR Character Copy
      The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
      Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
      Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
      Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
      Step 4: Select your region.
      Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
      Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
      Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
      Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
      Return to Top

As this is a test server, please anticipate uneven game performance, and note that restarts and downtime may occur without warning. Thank you, and we look forward to your feedback!

A killstreak-based seasonal power, new Crusader and Monk sets, Barbarian reworks and more!
    • By Stan
      This week's Challenge Rift 120 revolves around Demon Hunters.
      Challenge Rift 120 EU
      Gear
      Visage of Gunes Rakoff's Glass of Life + Gogok of Swiftness (Rank 57) Strongarm Bracers Elusive Ring + Legacy of Dreams (Rank 53) Pandemonium Loop + Pain Enhancer (Rank 61) Karlei's Point + Holy Point Shot Kanai's Cube Powers
      Dawn Aquila Cuirass Elusive Ring Skills
      VengeanceSeethe ImpaleRicochet PreparationInvigoration Shadow PowerGloom VaultRattling Roll CompanionBat Companion  
      Passives
      Sharpshooter Tactical Advantage Custom Engineering Awareness Impale is your main damage-dealing ability. You won't have any problems with toughness this week. You can Vault through Elites to proc your Strongarm Bracers and deal increased damage. Vengeance is going to have permanent uptime thanks to Gogok of Swiftness. For more information on layout, check out Mnemonic's video guide linked below.
      Challenge Rift 120 US
      Gear
      Andariel's Visage Dovu Energy Trap Mantle of Channeling Aquila Cuirass Frostburn Sanguinary Vambraces Hellcat Waistguard Depth Diggers Irontoe Mudsputters Convention of Elements + Bane of the Trapped (Rank 76) Unity + Legacy of Dreams (Rank 76) Leonine Bow of Hashir + Sin Seekers Kanai's Cube Powers
      Echoing Fury Cindercoat Squirt's Necklace Skills
      VengeanceSeethe GrenadeCluster Grenades Rapid FireWithering Fire Rain of VengeanceShade CompanionBat Companion Shadow PowerBlood Moon Passives
      Sharpshooter Ambush Grenadier Single Out Spam Vengeance, Companion, and Shadow Power every time they're up. Grenades will do your most damage, so throw them as you walk to kill trash. Use Rapid Fire for high single-target damage output on Elites or the Guardian. Cast Rain of Vengeance on Elites. Here's Raxx with his clear of the rift.
    • By Stan
      The drop chance of Legacy of Dreams from Greater Rift Guardians will be increased in Season 19. A suggestion has been passed on to the dev team to include the gem, which replicates the Legacy of Nightmares buff, in the Haedrig's Gift cache.
      The increased drop chance means the gem will have a higher priority to drop from the Greater Rift Guardians as outlined in the blue post below.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hello everyone,
      In this post I just want to discuss my views on two different approaches for starting a season, and why adding a reworked Legacy of Dreams gem to the 3rd Haedrig reward makes sense.
      As noted, I feel there are two sorts of progressive players in D3. First, you have players that want to take sets, whatever is the most powerful, and just go for it out of the gate. Next, you have a group of players who prefer the slow grind of gathering different pieces of loot for a more player driven build.
      Right now, the first option is the only relevant option if you want to compete out of the gate.
      By allowing Legacy of Dreams to drop with Haedrigs gift, and re-balancing as a level 50 max gem rather than level 99, you fully open up the option for players to hit the ground running with Legacy of Dreams.
      I see absolutely no negative to these two changes, but wanted to see what the community thought?
      Thank you!
      That’s certainly a thought. I’ll pass the feedback on to the development team.
      I will note, however, in the next patch, we are going to increase the drop rate for Legacy of Dreams from Greater Rift Guardians. It’s a little low currently and hopefully that will help with the feeling that this gem is too scarce. We’ll give that a go first and see if we need to re-evaluate after.
      Is this to be interpreted as making it drop sooner when you first start collecting the gems?
      Correct. While you’ll get it eventually even with bad RNG by process of elimination, this change should make it more likely to drop sooner rather than later.
      Again, not guaranteed; random is still random and bad luck still happens. But it should be better after the update.
    • By Stan
      This week's Challenge Rift revolves around Crusaders. Check out the video guides by Mnemonic and Raxx to get started!
      Challenge Rift 119 EU
      Gear
      Thorns of the Invoker Set (5/6) Halcyon's Ascent + Bane of the Stricken (Rank 55) Vigilante Belt Gladiator Gauntlets Stone of Jordan + Bane of the Trapped (Rank 55) Ring of Royal Grandeur + Boyarsky's Chip (Rank 55) Hack + Vo'Toyias Spiker Kanai's Cube Powers
      Akarat's Awakening Aquila Cuirass The Flavor of Time Skills
      ConsecrationBed of Nails PunishCelerity ProvokeHit Me Iron SkinReflective Skin Steed ChargeSpiked Barding Akarat's ChampionProphet Passives
      Iron Maiden Hold Your Ground Finery Heavenly Strength Ignore Consecration, Punish will be your main generator. Use Iron Skin whenever Akarat's Champion is on cooldown for survivability. Use Steed Charge for efficiency. Use Akarat's Champion on cooldown and don't play defensively when in Akarat's form. For more information about the layout and synergies, check out Mnemonic's clear linked below.
      Challenge Rift 119 US
      Gear
      Armor of Akkhan Set (5/6) Talisman of Akkhan + Bane of the Trapped (Rank 35) Aughild's Power Aughild's Search Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle Captain Crimson's Thrust Unity Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac The Furnace + Frydehr's Wrath Kanai's Cube Powers
      Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker Illusory Boots Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Skills
      Laws of ValorUnstoppable Force CondemnVacuum ProvokeToo Scared to Run Akarat's ChampionProphet SlashGuard Steed ChargeEndurancez Passives
      Heavenly Strength Holy Cause Indestructible Finery Keep Laws of Valor, Condemn, Provoke, and Akarat's Champion up all the time. Condemn does all of your damage. Use Steed Charge to move in between elites. Here's Raxx with his weekly clear of the rift.