FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Iron Qon

Guest Nina

While I was watching some testing streams it appeared that the Windstorm was not taking up the entire room, and the strategy people were following was to run to the edge of the room, stack up, and wait it out. Do you think that Blizzard will fix this to force us to do the Alysrazor dance again?

The tornados did seem to follow the exact same Alysrazor pattern, so people who wanted to practice movement might do well to revisit Firelands and pull her a couple of times.

Guest Klit

Hey Vlad love the guides. I saw during the 25man testing of Iron Qon the last boss is not counting towards the enrage timer, so that means that in 10man if the same numbers on boss hp will be there on live. The dps requirements will be 84k with 6 dps and 98k with 5.

And since u don't have any dmg buffers and u have to move whole fight but mostly in storm phase, this sound more likely how it is gonna turn out.

My english is not my first language so if u didn't understand what i am saying i try to tell it in another way here. Saw midwinters streaming 25man and they reached the beserk once in 3rd phase. Then they had a try were half were dead but they reached phase 4 and they tried to go on just to see if the enrage would come in phase 4, but since the "soft" enrage is there the beserk is removed in phase 4.

Doesn't sound like they'd fix it to me. That sounds like what you are supposed to do rather than run around the entire time.

Have you been able to ascertain if this is really the case? Thanks!

Hey Vlad love the guides. I saw during the 25man testing of Iron Qon the last boss is not counting towards the enrage timer, so that means that in 10man if the same numbers on boss hp will be there on live. The dps requirements will be 84k with 6 dps and 98k with 5.

And since u don't have any dmg buffers and u have to move whole fight but mostly in storm phase, this sound more likely how it is gonna turn out.

My english is not my first language so if u didn't understand what i am saying i try to tell it in another way here. Saw midwinters streaming 25man and they reached the beserk once in 3rd phase. Then they had a try were half were dead but they reached phase 4 and they tried to go on just to see if the enrage would come in phase 4, but since the "soft" enrage is there the beserk is removed in phase 4.

Well, on the PTR (granted, quite early), we hit the enrage timer during P4, exactly 10 minutes after the start of the fight. If I can have confirmation of what you are saying from live servers, I'll update the guide.

Thank you for the comment, and thank you for your positive statements :)

Have you been able to ascertain if this is really the case? Thanks!

Yes, If you look at the ability it tells you that while inside you do 80% less healing and absorbs and on top of that you have the arcing lightning dealing damage to everybody in the raid.

There is no 10 minute enrage timer here. We killed it at 11:40 having used Bloodlust on the pull and at the very end during P4. Very simple fight...stack when appropriate and spread when needed during P1. P2 = spread out, click when someone gets Storm. Warlocks can set a Gateway up to have 5 people instantly escape the Tornado phase. P3 = spread out, don't get hit by Ice Beams. P4 = stack and burn, pop Bloodlust at 50%, rotate defensive CDs...very similar to the buildup of Shannox where the longer the execute phase goes, the more damage you take.

The DPS requirement for 10 man is way off...our top 2 DPS were me at 104k as Demonology and 101k MM Hunter. The DPS requirement is very relaxed...this is purely a mechanic check, just like all the previous bosses.

It's odd that they're remove the enrage and nerf the fight. What is the average item level of your raid, Zagam, btw?

Not sure on others...Hunter is 510, I was 505 (507 after Ring pickup here), tanks are about 505ish...we were using a 485 Holy Paladin alt. I'd say the average was around 504..

Kill shot: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8jrydvhkqinp3oqz/sum/damageDone/?s=13624&e=14297

11 minutes, 13 seconds, no note of enrage.

Guest Craj

Can confirm that there is a hard enrage for this fight at around the 12-minute mark, possibly a bit later than that. Worth using hero on Roshak and then again at the end if you're tight on DPS.

Guest Djahfu

There is a hard enrage indeed at 12 minutes. He will do 900% more dmg. in short. The aoe will be unhealable. We wiped at 12 minutes and 6/7 seconds because of it.

We had issues with the dps requirements. We ran (25 man) with 7 healers and 2 tanks.

We will try again tonight with 6 healers, then the dps requirement should be ok.

In the first phase we ran with 3 groups. 2 ranged and 1 melee group, we swapped around at 2 stacks.

The warlock gateway for the healers in phase 2 is very helpful as well. We used it to get our healers out immediatly. So they can keep healing.

Has anyone found that the warlock portal can throw you into a tornado if you pass thru one in midair? Our warlock said this but i thought it was safe. Thanks.

Thanks for the info on the hard enrage timer, guys! I'll be re-adding it now.

Guest Eccentric

Whenever a raid member is affected by Posted ImageArcing Lightning, another raid member must quickly run to them and free them.

This is Lightning Storm, not Arcing Lightning.

Ty for the guide tho Vlad.

Guest Guestin

Can anyone confirm if he does or does not throw the spear at anyone within melee range?

Hi my fellow players,

My non-hardcore core is at Iron Qon, our dps is good, our heal is nice, our tanks is great, but we're having some SERIOUS problems with the Windstorm phase.

We're using the warlock portal for 2 dps plus 3 healers, but - thanks to Average 200ms in Brazil - the rest of group - besides one or two - are having some problems.

Do u guys have some tips to this phase at encounter? One easy way to do it, or an easy path? Any tips would be welcome, any screenshot or good composition to do and make us able to procede with the fight and finally kill the boss.

Btw, our comp is:

Tank: DK and Warrior

Healer: Disc, Druid and Shaman

Dps: Enhanc. Shaman, Pally, Warlock, Mage and Hunter.

Thanks for any Help, and have a nice day.

For the Tornadoes (you should only see this storm twice), let your Warlock, Mage, Hunter, Shaman healer, and Druid healer use the Gateway. Your Warrior tank can Heroic Leap a good ways away and then Intervene someone who used the Gateway. Your DK should stand there for 15 seconds and let a charge respawn on the Gateway and then he can use it (be careful, this drops threat, so Warrior will need to tank first). Your Paladin should take his sprint talent and pop it to easily navigate the tornadoes. Your Disc Priest and Druid healer can heal and move, so they should be able to use speed ups like PW:Shield and Stag/Cat form to get out quickly. Druid can also use Stampeding Roar for one of the storms you endure. Your Shaman healer should set up shop at your stack point and heal those navigating the tornadoes since most of his healing requires standing still. Your Enhance Shaman can pop Ghost Wolf and use Spirit Walk to quickly sprint through the tornadoes. This should maximize your movement opportunities while allowing the classes with low mobility in that phase use your Gateway.

Iron Qon

Differences from Normal Mode

-more HP, hits harder

-Quillen fly around and do stuff in addition to all normal mechanics. Just results in higher damage. Lightning Storm debuff (one that stuns you and must have a teammate release you from) happens in all 3 phases.

-Phase 2 Tornadoes HURT. Try to push DPS so that you only have one of these.

-When Phase 3 Quillen hits 25%, all three Quillen join the fight as well as entering Phase 4 with Iron Qon.

So nothing really new to add to this fight other than lots more damage. Healing CDs and personals will need to be employed.

Phase 1 addition: Quillen flies down and sends a tornado out in one direction. Move from it. Also, be close to teammates so they can remove Lightning Storm from you or you from them.

Phase 2 addtion: Massive Tornado phase damage.

Phase 3 addition: Uptime on Quillen's 100% avoidance shield is much higher. Be prepared to move to actually DPS.

Phase 4 addition: All Quillen return and join Iron Qon in Phase 4. Bloodlust, 2nd pot, and DPS prioritize Ice Quillen (shield), Fire Quillen (stacking debuff), then Thunder Quillen. Once that's done, stack up with your teammates when your lightning damage debuff fades. At this point, just rotate healing CDs and you win.

Difficulty: not really at all. Very accessible, surprisingly. Hardest part isn't that hard with good tanks and some controlled DPS.

little mor eheroic information: sorry about not keeping up with my promise I had a bad crash and its hard to type. but to add on a little bit

phase two: Dam'ren casts frost spike at two raid members, there a small animation then a few seconds later ice shards erupt form the ground knocking you up and dealing moderate damage. also he casts freeze on the raid.

phase 3: ro'shak casts unleashed flames on the raid. meaning melee need to stack up and them them howeve rhe doesn't cast them often enough for ti to stack. Phase three is also the time to wait for cooldowns, regen mana for the last burn phase.

Guest Matt

Can confirm that there is a hard enrage for this fight at around the 12-minute mark, possibly a bit later than that. Worth using hero on Roshak and then again at the end if you're tight on DPS.

What do the tank switch at? For impales

What do the tank switch at? For impales

2-3? I think.

Have one tank get 1 debuff then swap, and once that first debuff falls off you retaunt. Simple way of figuring it out.

For heroic mode, when do you think is the best time to get rid of the lightning debuff? Does the wind dog apply it during phase 4?

Guest Looneyone

On heroic, is there any reason you couldn't leave Dam'ren up for the duration of the final phase? And kill him after Iron Qon is dead if need be?