FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Green Fire: Quest Line + Kanrethad strategy

I too followed the same basic strategy mentioned here.

I'll admit - I used a Purification Potion.  And I died when his health was low: but my pit lord finished him off.   So if you die and he's on low health, keep controlling your pit lord! 

A few thoughts - most of the guides were originally written before 5.4 when Demonic Gateway dropped threat.  That's changed.

I made sure that Soul Shatter was off-cooldown in the imp phase.  Have the pitlord use breath on the imps, then hit Soul Shatter.  That will cause the imps to focus on the pit lord, and it also means that the Kanrethad will focus on him as well so I don't have to worry about his chaos bolts when I'm dealing with the felhunters. 

Some people recommended having your pit lord charge the felhunters so your Havoc'ed Chaos Bolt would kill them, but that didn't work for me.  The surviving felhunter usually turned around and devoured the enslave.  And I was worried about getting caught in a Cataclysm with Charge still on cooldown. 

Edited by Stunlocked
  • Like 1

Like Stunlocked I died with boss at 1.1 mil health but pit lord was at 11 mil so that was easy.

Also glad I didn't get frustrated and just release, kept my cool and got a little lucky.

I am not a strong DPS usually always tank or heal, but I must say I wish every class had something like this because my dps has gone up a huge amount now haha.

Wanted to say thanks for all the info, I read everything here over and over. Used a mix of strategies from all.

I found I never used the gate much if at all, but did use LOS in right cubby area for bolts that was the best feel for me.

I did use LOS for pit lord, just worked for me better.

I found the fel pups to be the hardest part as I kept having bad luck where the 3rd one would come out and make a b line for the pit lord.... finally got into habit of keeping ROF dropping on top of portal so when it came out it would aggro on me no matter what.

My only advice outside everything else would be this..

After the first round of imps > felhounds > doom lord..... relax! Stick with the routine... I kept seeing boss health below 10 mil and i would get impatient and think oh... burn down! And when I got myself to just stick with the routine it got easier.

I also let pit lord tank doom lord, both of them, sometimes id have to banish one.

Imps for me I would fire and brimstone and just burn them down that way.

Here is another tip that helped me last 3 attempts before I got it.... I used Doomguard at start of fight ... i always stun on first CB and i would summon Doomguard just before that to get a lot more dps to start.

I am not a strong DPS as I said, so trying to remember to bring out something near end of fight with all that chaos was too much... using it at start also since it has a 10 min cool down I would have it up again a few min after each attempt so it was part of my rotation of learning and progressing.

GREEN FIRE!!!!!

Cheers!

After a frustrating 2:30 Hours where I always forgot to recast my Demonic Circle for when the second pack of felhunters would come (like 10 wipes due to that?) i started recasting DC every time I line of sighted chaos bolt. Now my fire is green and yet I dont have the FoS!
Cheers for convincing me Liquidsteel :)

• Like 1

I'm ilvl 579 and did it again as the 1st time I did it I managed to kill the boss at the same time I got killed , and yeah it was soo much easier.

Killed him in 2 mins 46 sec even before the 1st wave of fel hunters came out!!!.

Nalar.

Having really struggled with this in the low 500s (as a casual, I had never actually done a tough fight before, and it forced me to learn to play, which is kinda good actually), I have been waiting to go back once I got better gear. A guildie having completed this reminded me, so I went back and kicked his ass just because this morning. Felt good, fight's deliciously easy at 562. I had even derped it and didn't move my pit lord in time for the fel hounds, killed them while he was beating on me, stunned him and re-enslaved and by then Kanrethad was 3% or so. That would have ended very badly during my initial kill.

How about that title coming with 6.0? That'll be pretty nice, even if everyone will have it.

I got my green fire on my gf's account at 515 ilvl, plan to attempt it on mine with 483 boosted and a 463 geared lock.