FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Green Fire: Quest Line + Kanrethad strategy

After some wipes I wanted to repair,hsed and now i cant teleport to dungeon says "you cant do that right now" is that normal? :(

After some wipes I wanted to repair,hsed and now i cant teleport to dungeon says "you cant do that right now" is that normal? Posted Image

Nope, I teleported out, repaired in shadowmoon valley then re-entered the scenario at the top of the temple.

After some wipes I wanted to repair,hsed and now i cant teleport to dungeon says "you cant do that right now" is that normal? Posted Image

I got that too. I was on the last part and tried to teleport back and it wouldn't let me.

You can leave the scenario and then fly alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back and when you re-queue it'll pop you back up at the top.

I've never been so thankful for my blesed medallion of karabor

I don't see anyone mentioning the following so i'll give you a heads up: the Posted Image Curse of Ultimate Doom can be dispelled with the Putification Potion item.

Because Kanrethad casts this spell all the time in the fight you won't stop the curse completely... but you will delay it from triggering for another 7 minutes if you use this right before it triggers. Make sure you use your pit lord's Posted Image Fel Flame Breath right before you use this potion to make sure all other debuffs are off of you.

There's an alternate strategy to this fight that is worth trying if you're a lower ilvl lock or having trouble with the mechanics. For this strategy you will ABSOLUTELY need a purification potion, otherwise you'll be getting smacked with a doom tick of 50,000,000.

1. At the start, put a demonic gateway at the top of the stairs leading to the center grate. You'll be using this for a quick escape.

2. When you pull the boss, pre-pot before the fight starts for the 4000 int bonus and so you avoid the potion lockout thus making your purification potion useless. You have 20 seconds to rape his face, so use DS, doomguard, any on use trinks and so on and nuke him down.

3. Now he'll summon the pit lord. Wait for the big guy to come out and run to your portal and warp to the stairs. Run to the bottom and the PL will follow you down. Stun him with shadowfury then enslave him. Set him to passive and move him to the bottom of the stairs inside the big square. Karenthad will cast RoF on you, but his chaos bolts and cataclysm wont hit you from this location. Note that he will run down the stairs to cast ultimate doom and a couple debuffs on you but he'll run back to the center grate right after he finishes.

4. Imps spawn now and will come running down the stairs after you. Hit them with Fel Breath and use your own aoe to burn them down.

5. Fel puppies come out next, but they wont come down the stairs after you and your big friend, so ignore them for now.

6. Now the doom spawns. He'll run down one side of the stairs so LoS him with one of the statues at the base and have your pit charge him and hit him with the breath attack. Pop cd's and burn him down as best you can. Remember to use charge and breath on cd to take advantage of the extra damage.

7. A new wave of imps will come out now, so if the doom is still up then banish him and burn the imps down like you did before. While the doom is banished this is a good time to refresh your enslave demon, so dismiss the pit, stun him with shadowfury, enslave him and focus on the doom again if he's still up.

8. Second round of puppies, you'll ignore these for now just like the first.

9. Second doom comes out, you'll deal with him just like the first. Pop your cd's and burn him and be sure to banish him if you didn't kill him before the next wave of imps.

10. Third imp wave. Now you need to react fast and clear all your debuffs and pop your purification potion. This should remove the curse of ultimate doom from you which will be close to going off at this point. When the imps run down go to work on them, then unbanish the doom and finish him off.

11. Now to deal with the fel hounds. Move your pit lord to the bottom square between the stair cases and head up top. Set up a teleport behind one of the pillars so you can LoS chaos bolt and get to the stairs if need be. Now, there will be six up, so blow your dps and survival cd's and try to kill them as fast as you can. LoS his CB with the pillar and if he starts casting cataclysm get your ass down the stairs. The fels will probably dispell your enslave at this point, but just banish or fear the pit and focus on burning the puppies down.

12. Once all the dogs are dead, you're now ready to head up top with your pit and start wrecking the boss. From this point on the only adds he'll spawn are the imps so just handle them and burn him down as fast as you can. LoS or Sacrificial Pact/Twilight Ward the chaos bolts and charge him when he casts cataclysm. The imps are a great resource to build up embers,shards, or fury, so take advantage of that to help push dps on the boss. Remember to check your pits enslave timer and re-enslave if needed and be sure to make use of charge for the extra damage on the boss.

If done correctly, this strategy lets locks in the high 470's - low 480's complete the fight. It takes a long time and a bit of practice, but it's very doable once you get the hang of it.

- I started using "TellmeWhen" addon

I've been trying to setup TMW as well, but it never goes off. I've added a Combat Event, set it to Spell Cast Start, set the source as Kanrethad Ebonlocke, set target as player (although this isnt required) and set the spell ID to 138559. String as follows (click spoiler):-

^1^T^N1^T ^SAnchors^T ^N1^T ^Sy^N-2 ^Sx^N-2 ^Spoint^STOPLEFT ^SrelativePoint^STOPLEFT ^t^N2^T ^Sy^N-2 ^Sx^N-2 ^Spoint^STOPRIGHT ^SrelativePoint^STOPRIGHT ^t^Sn^N2 ^t^SStringName^SBinding/Label ^SSkinAs^SHotKey ^t^N2^T ^SDefaultText^S[Stacks:Hide(0)] ^SAnchors^T ^N1^T ^Sy^N2 ^Sx^N-2 ^Spoint^SBOTTOMRIGHT ^SrelativePoint^SBOTTOMRIGHT ^t^t^SStringName^SStacks ^SSkinAs^SCount ^t^SGUID^Sicon1 ^Sn^N2 ^SName^SIcon~`Layout~`1 ^SNoEdit^B ^t^N61501^S~`~| ^Stextlayout^Sicon1 ^^

Can anyone advise?

Edited by Toffees

I had to make an account to this forum just so I could thank everyone in this thread. Especially to Pnash for sharing Weak Auras export. I got him down today as destruction. I spent about 4 - 5 hours. 3 hours yesterday trying to figure out his moves, and an hour today getting him down. It's all about patience and understanding of his rotations. After a bunch of tries (I think I did 20 - 25 tries in total) I started to get used to his rotations and abilities, so much that I knew what he was going to do next and I was mentally prepeared for it.

My tip is to not take this boss on lightly. Arrange your macros, key bindings etc. properly for this fight only, you will spend some time here. Get to know his rotations and moves and don't panic.

Thanks all!

ok this looks like impossible mission for me :|

The guide written by Nekkrosis does not work couse it takes a lot of time for imps to come.. and after first doom time goes off and you remove it boss puts doom again which cannot be dispelled. In that 5minutes you need to kill 6 fell hounds and deal with 2 doomguards and of course you need to kill boss which spams imps...

When I first heard that last boss for green fire quest is hard I was like "awesome I'm not gonna read any strats nor watch videos".When I reached him after some wipes I was like no way its gonna take ages if I wont read anything about that.Read some posts here on thursday,made some macros,started doing this as demo,but didnt really work,switched to destro,much better but I still wiped.

Today I found time for it,read almost whole this thread,watched a vid,made additional macros and it went on 3rd try today,although I died at 0%(!)and scenario bugged for me,cant finish it,I got greenfire but can fight with the guy again Posted Image

Was an awesome fight and very challenging,was fun wiping Posted Image good luck ppl!

Edited by Glorn

...and don't panic.

This is my only issue. Shaky hands does not a practical warlock make.

Entirely different situation than heroic boss fights where you've got tanks and heals and other dps running the mechanics with you. :

So far, I've gotten him to ~30%. 507 iLvL.

Entirely different situation than heroic boss fights where you've got tanks and heals and other dps running the mechanics with you. :

So far, I've gotten him to ~30%. 507 iLvL.

Ha! Ya I hear ya. I just did my first H MV (also my first heroic raid ever) and I was pretty surprised at how easy it was. I was expecting every fight to feel like I was killing Kanrethad, but the only one that came close tonight was Spirit Kings.

Keep trying man! It's a pretty rewarding feeling to know that you downed that s.o.b. by yourself and weren't carried or anything Posted Image

Edited by Cruzan

The tries where I got him down to 20-10% I started panicing, thinking if I just burn him down I would make it, all of those tries I was shaking so hard and completely ignoring the mechanics of the fight. This is what I mean about don't panic. When you're close to getting him down, just don't forget about his abilities and keep going with the same rotations as you did at the start. Nothing changes on this boss, he does the same things in the same intervals. Just keep your cool, do the same thing you did in the first 80%.

After some 20 - 30 wipes you will get him down, because you're no longer surprised by his abilities anymore and you've got full control.

The tries where I got him down to 20-10% I started panicing, thinking if I just burn him down I would make it, all of those tries I was shaking so hard and completely ignoring the mechanics of the fight. This is what I mean about don't panic. When you're close to getting him down, just don't forget about his abilities and keep going with the same rotations as you did at the start. Nothing changes on this boss, he does the same things in the same intervals. Just keep your cool, do the same thing you did in the first 80%.

After some 20 - 30 wipes you will get him down, because you're no longer surprised by his abilities anymore and you've got full control.

Yep... wiped at 2mill left because I forgot to re-enslave the pit lord during doom guard summon

Yep... wiped at 2mill left because I forgot to re-enslave the pit lord during doom guard summon

Re-enslave the pitlord while he is summoning the first Doom Lord. you have plenty of time at this point and you won't have to worry about it for the rest of the fight.

Edited by Mit

I've been trying to setup TMW as well, but it never goes off. I've added a Combat Event, set it to Spell Cast Start, set the source as Kanrethad Ebonlocke, set target as player (although this isnt required) and set the spell ID to 138559. String as follows (click spoiler):-

^1^T^N1^T ^SAnchors^T ^N1^T ^Sy^N-2 ^Sx^N-2 ^Spoint^STOPLEFT ^SrelativePoint^STOPLEFT ^t^N2^T ^Sy^N-2 ^Sx^N-2 ^Spoint^STOPRIGHT ^SrelativePoint^STOPRIGHT ^t^Sn^N2 ^t^SStringName^SBinding/Label ^SSkinAs^SHotKey ^t^N2^T ^SDefaultText^S[Stacks:Hide(0)] ^SAnchors^T ^N1^T ^Sy^N2 ^Sx^N-2 ^Spoint^SBOTTOMRIGHT ^SrelativePoint^SBOTTOMRIGHT ^t^t^SStringName^SStacks ^SSkinAs^SCount ^t^SGUID^Sicon1 ^Sn^N2 ^SName^SIcon~`Layout~`1 ^SNoEdit^B ^t^N61501^S~`~| ^Stextlayout^Sicon1 ^^

Can anyone advise?

I /focus the boss and had TMW watch my focus target instead of watching the combat log for the warning. See if that helps?

Finally got this down after about 5 hours of tries so I thought I'd share some thoughts! I started as 480 ilvl and just couldn't handle the felhunter phase so I ran some LFRs and came back with a 487 and saw immediate improvements. I was destro the entire time and reforged/gemmed for crit. It would've been impossible to do without using a purification potion because I just didn't have the dps to get him down in time, the potion bought me the extra 2-3 minutes I needed.

I owe my victory to the majority of posters here as I used different tips and tricks from everyone and combined them into a strategy that worked best for me, so thank you all! I used macros to enslave the pit lord and fel flame breath myself, I used the weakauras import just for the chaos bolt alarm because it was one less thing I had to look for and I've always worked well with audio cues (DBM addict). I had my gate going from the middle to behind the left side (while facing Kanrethad's portal) and I dropped my circle right in front of it. I found it to be really helpful in case I wasn't close enough to get to my gate in time for the chaos bolt cast, it gets hectic with his rain of fire everywhere and being slowed by KJ's cunning.

For the imps I positioned myself so Kanrethad was between the portal and me so I could FnB spam him and still hit all the imps, after they all spawned I'd charge and fel flame breath and that basically took them all out, if there were 2-3 still alive I'd keep rain of fire rolling on them to get farm some embers and they would go down before the next cataclysm.

The felhunter phase was the key to beating the encounter and the strat that worked for me was parking the pit lord behind the right side to LoS, burn the first felhunter until they got to me, took my gate, then havoc'd the 2nd and CBd the third, then just finished them off. You can start sending the pit lord out to charge Kanrethad if you're getting close to a cataclysm cast, with the felhunters behind the left side they should remain LoS'd until you get them down.

For the doom lords I just charged them with the pit lord and let him tank both, I'm not as good at keeping things banished/feared while paying attention to a bunch of other things (warlock is my alt) so one less thing to worry about was very helpful.

The best piece of advice I can give anyone is do NOT deviate from the mechanics of the fight EVER, no matter how low Kanrethad is. Once he gets to that 20% mark your blood will be pumping and your hands will be shaking in anticipation of finally getting that kill and you'll be tempted to tunnel him just to get as many shadowburns off as you can. But you must resist! Even if he's at 2%, use your gate and LoS that chaos bolt, fel flame breath yourself, do everything you would if he was still at 90% and you'll seal the deal.

Lastly, in case some of you didn't notice from the videos posted, once you get Kanrethad down you'll still have to deal with both doom lords and the pit lord to get out of combat. You can continue letting the pit lord tank while you complete the quest and siphon Kanrethad just in case something goes bad afterword and then focus on killing off the doom lords and finally the pit lord. He served you well. RIP Arm the Pit Lord (yes I named him, we spent a lot of time together and I got a little loopy after a couple of hours.... stop looking at me like that!)

Congrats to anyone who got him and good luck to everyone that's about to!

• Like 2

Posted Image I've now killed over 300 rares...haven't even SEEN the Tome.

Poor Zag :(

I got mine on the sixth and a guildie who's only 468 got the tome on his 15th or so :\

I JUST GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 350thish rare kill....HOLY WOOOT

• Like 2

it sounds stupid, but another lock on server told me if you loot the boss first you have a better chance at getting the tome, i thuoght anything was worth a shot and after 3 more rares i got the tome....ive also gotten other drops more often than when i wasnt trying to hurry and loot. i know blizz says this isnt the case but seems to work when trying to get anything but 15 valor off the rare

congratulations zagam. You deserve it. And thank you for all the work and guides you've put up for the warlock class. I know you'll have more luck than I've had with it. He's a beast to down at ilvl 480.

AND I HAVE GREEN FIRE! 7 attempts...not too shabby. Most of it was getting used to using Gateway to deaggro so I dealt with 0 Chaos Bolts. Pretty effing epic quest!!!

PICTURE PROOF: Posted Image

• Like 1