FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

Breath of the Hydra is one of the better ones, but it depends on your stat preference. Breath gives Haste, Wush gives Hit, Cha-Ye's gives Crit, Unerring gives Intellect. Since you care more about the procs, it depends on your ability to adjust to the procs and utilize them. In order of difficulty to utilize buffs as Destruction, I would rank them Lei Shen > Wushoolay's > Cha-Ye's > Breath. IMO, that 8800 Haste proc of your Talisman is meh, but you may desire the higher base Intellect. Personally, I'd go with Breath and Wush if I were you, even at the 502 ilvl.

• Like 1

The difference in trinkets is tied to...you guessed it...RNG. Some people who say one thing saw favorable RNG with one set while others will say other things. As long as you have 2 of them, you're more than fine. Save bonus rolls for heroic drops if your guild will start accessing those. If you're not close to Heroic Council, then spend your valor upgrading Breath and UVLS to 530. UVLS should be first since if you're not downing other heroic bosses, it's not likely you'll see heroic Lei Shen for some time.

When you average them all out, they're all pretty close except for UVLS for Demo. The rest are pretty close.

I Feel more confortable with Wushy + Breath, so I running with both in Affliction.

But UVLS probably it's better for Dual-boss fight, if u are fast enought.

Yeah the short Proc duration of UVLS could get hasty in some Situations but i think i'm going to save my Bonus Rolls for HC (which we start tonight) and maybe the Twins Staff or Lei Shen Offhand.

Thanks for the help, the Warlock Section of this Site is truly amazing. Posted Image

Edited by Illumy

Thanks for the help, the Warlock Section of this Site is truly amazing. Posted Image

Zagam and Gahhda are doing an amazing job indeed.

He and I talk all the time via real ID while raiding. I used to be relaxed while raiding and was ok being top 50 on most parses. Now with him trying to one-up me all the time, I've been kicking my ass in gear to one up him. I was wrecking things last night. He still owns me as Destruction. He and I can't take all the credit on here, though...the community built here is what kicks ass. Half the time I come check to see if there are questions unanswered and 95% of them are answered by others who have really shown they kick ass as well.

Interesting... Are you spending your UVLS trinket proc on Immolate for ember generation or attempting an ever impossible crit with CB? I can see with that trinket proc and Shadow burn i'd love it.. Shadowburn is my love/hate spell since it doesn't like to crit enough for me :( but when it does :DDDDDDD

Interesting... Are you spending your UVLS trinket proc on Immolate for ember generation or attempting an ever impossible crit with CB? I can see with that trinket proc and Shadow burn i'd love it.. Shadowburn is my love/hate spell since it doesn't like to crit enough for me Posted Image but when it does :DDDDDDD

The intention is to use it for both. If you get lucky and backdraft is up when it procs, its a gain to use them on the CB to ensure it gets off. I have ~25% haste raid buffed, 30% ontop from backdraft, that brings my CB down to ~1.8 seconds. Plenty of time to get off an immolate afterwards, and sometimes, if I'm REALLY lucky and it procs ~10 seconds into the fight, I can get 2 CBs off in one proc :3.

The intention is to use it for both. If you get lucky and backdraft is up when it procs, its a gain to use them on the CB to ensure it gets off. I have ~25% haste raid buffed, 30% ontop from backdraft, that brings my CB down to ~1.8 seconds. Plenty of time to get off an immolate afterwards, and sometimes, if I'm REALLY lucky and it procs ~10 seconds into the fight, I can get 2 CBs off in one proc :3.

What kind of damage is that empored CB doing? Just curious :)

What kind of damage is that empored CB doing? Just curious Posted Image

Heroic thunderforged 2/2 upgraded breath

Unerring vision

Engi gloves

Dark soul

My records 1.01mil. But, I stack mastery out the dick, so you know. Also, add 25% from the sacrifice dot so 1262500.

You don't need Unerring for that high numbers imo, I was seeing 1m+ crits on pull with Skull Banner up, with 522 trinkets. Yesterday, at our first kill I coined a 541 Cha-ye's so it will be even higher now.

You don't need Unerring for that high numbers imo, I was seeing 1m+ crits on pull with Skull Banner up, with 522 trinkets. Yesterday, at our first kill I coined a 541 Cha-ye's so it will be even higher now.

Highest chaos bolt possible without fight gimmicks is 1815211.

What is your thoughts about 549 Cha-yes? Mainly for demo. I wasn't sure about coining Animus but I had 2 spare coins for new progress bosses and I used BAM 541 Cha-yes. But I don't think that trinket suits Demo well. First I hate crit and I would lose all of it if I can and it lowers opening burst because its only 10 second proc but its 549 so I'm using it but I'm aiming for a 541 BoTH asap.

DistroLock here, Ok my play style is mostly pew pew and I really don't pay attention to procs and such, I know I should, but I'm lazy. Posted Image After several weeks of gunning for the WFC, I get that and the UEVLS. I kinda stick with Askmrrobot and it says WFC and VTSA is best, is that right?

http://us.battle.net...ermilton/simple

...They are LFR trinks.

Edited by Kragermilton

Ok, so let me get this straight:

You're Destruction.

You don't monitor procs, almost as if on purpose.

You have Wushoolay's Final Choice, Unerring Vision of Lei Shen, and Volatile Talisman of Shadopan Assault.

If you're ignoring procs, you need to take Wush and Volatile Talisman. It will have a higher static Int than your LFR UVoLS and until you monitor Perfect Aim procs, you won't be utilizing the trinket to its capacity.

You got it.

Now to better myself is there a way to better monitor your procs(addon)? I would love to utilize them but my personal skill level is hitting its cap with stuff I need to pay attention too.

ElvUI + Weak Auras + Affdots = win.

Thanks, off to completely change my UI.

Link on tips on how to set them up, maybe a screenshot?

Edited by Kragermilton

Here's a link to a bunch of Weak Auras for warlocks:

http://www.mmo-champ...lock-Weak-Auras

Here's me starting a warlock party that turned into amazingness:

Posted Image

ElvUI can take some tweaking, but I highly recommend going through all the options. Nameplates with debuff durations are nice. You can see my buffs above my health bar. My target health bar also shows buffs and debuffs (DoT's) with counter bars just like my buffs show. There are a wide variety of help videos on YouTube for setting up ElvUI that you can browse.

I've since changed some things, such as removing every pet summon and putting the drop down pet summon button. Posted Image I also lowered the position of my hp bar and target's hp bar so it doesn't crowd the middle of my screen so much.

Edited by Omaric

Here's a link to a bunch of Weak Auras for warlocks:

http://www.mmo-champ...lock-Weak-Auras

Here's me starting a warlock party that turned into amazingness:

Posted Image

ElvUI can take some tweaking, but I highly recommend going through all the options. Nameplates with debuff durations are nice. You can see my buffs above my health bar. My target health bar also shows buffs and debuffs (DoT's) with counter bars just like my buffs show. There are a wide variety of help videos on YouTube for setting up ElvUI that you can browse.

I've since changed some things, such as removing every pet summon and putting the drop down pet summon button. Posted Image I also lowered the position of my hp bar and target's hp bar so it doesn't crowd the middle of my screen so much.

I was going to comment about your target/player frame bars but i see you said you moved them.. that would totally bug me lol

I really don't pay attention to procs and such, I know I should, but I'm lazy.

This is the biggest problem.. for locks procs seem to be about everything..

After leveling a Mistweaver monk I kinda see why, with a lock you just send your VW and burn the guy down. You really don't need to know mechanics. With my monk, in order to take something down you need to know mechanics. So newbs don't know mechanics.