FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kikurazz

Rune Speed....WTF?

I was directly referring to posts in this thread. Not sure how I was making myself look better. I think arguing with you makes me look worse.

We're just trying to help.

I was directly referring to posts in this thread. Not sure how I was making myself look better. I think arguing with you makes me look worse.

We're just trying to help.

And I do appreciate the posts that help but you have posted statements that were not true. That makes you look worse. If you want to help then be constructive and give advice to help with the poster's issue.

Based on a brief search of the DK forums and chats, there appears to be no other cases reported of a loss of regen on or around the time in question. There should be no software issues since you probably aren't loading other addons or swithing your hardward config when switching from UH to FP and back. If you feel everything is working well while in one stance then switching between the two should not cause any conflicts. As a response to the comment at the top of this page, when your haste rating goes up your rune speed SHOULD go down, that's how it works. For my part, I tried to address what is most likely the actual root cause of the overall problem and I did not focus on what is a symptom. My sincere apologies for wasting your time.

Hey Kikurazz.

Only thing I can think of why you feel you are dealing more dps in UHP than in FP is the fact that you are fighting adds that don't stay alive for a long period of time, so the increased melee speed would actually create the illusion that you are doing more in that presence than in frost. If you try comparing your dps on a dummy in both presences for around 5min a piece, you might see very different results. Wish I could tell you what might be slowing you down, maybe you had a piece of gear was broken, in which case not getting any of the stats from it. I know my dk hasn't had any issues with slower rune speeds. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gnomeregan/Sensanmann/simple this is my dk. Like I stated I can't figure anything out, maybe you had a fishing pole equiped or something like that, like a guild cloak, really not sure what could have increased your rune regen.

So you all think that as your haste rating numbers go up your rune speed numbers should go up also?? Because you seem to have an issue with

As he has said, he has a rune speed of 9.36 with a haste rating of 6527.

Meanwhile, my Death Knight has a rune speed of 8.55 with a haste rating of 7211.

Is this what you've been asking all along, why is my rune speed going down when my haste rating is going up??

Incorrect.....I have Runic Empowerment and always have since the start of MoP.

I know this as I have stated this in my post.

OK...let me try to simplify this yet some more. This is my toon: http://us.battle.net...Kikurazz/simple

This is what I am experiencing:

In Frost Presence: Speed - 2.23; Haste-61.47; Rune Speed-9.36

In Unholy Pres.: Speed-2.02; Haste-77.61; Rune Speed-8.23

Now...If I am required to be in FP, explain to me why all these stats show otherwise?

In Unholy Pres. my dps is running 35-40k, in FP my dps drops to 15-18k which I am assuming is because of the difference in rune speed which = rune generation.

Now for the part that is obviously confusing people. This all started happening March 9, 2013.I was not in a group/instance/dungeon or anything else but harvesting my crops in Halfhill fighting a varmint. Prior to March 9,2013, I did not have this issue. I can not tell you what these stats were at that time but they were better than they are now since I could tell a major difference in rune generation and dps.

Hopefully, with this information someone can help explain this.

If you are a Frost DK, Unholy Presence should have 10% worse (numerically higher) rune speed compared to Frost. It will grant 10% increased attack speed, but you won't notice any difference in your rotation, since that only affects white attacks from your weapon.

There's no sensible reason why he should have seen any change in stat scaling, unless he's colorblind and hitting Blood Presence without realizing it.

Whilst raiding tonight I noticed a considerable drop in my DPS due to the delay in rune regenaration. I didnt have this issue prior to this patch and am currently struggling to get my DPS back to the levels I had been maintaining. I've tried with all three talents in Tier 5 but it does not seem to be working. I'd say this is a valid observation. I would appreciate t if others would verufy and perhaps discuss potential causes?