FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Affliction & Demonology Nerfs

Done with the class? We're hardly out of the game at this point. All of our specs are still viable. It'd be nice if they'd give demo back some single target power though. Their playstyle is the most complex and they have to lifetap like crazy.

Sucks about the aff and demo nerfs. However, I was getting seriously bored with aff after playing it all in 5.1 and destro is just too much fun. Fire and brimstone ae is awesome and I love havoc and the playstyle of destro. This also allows me to show off meh green fire. Zag are you going destro and if you do will be doing a destro tips and quirks with guides to specific tots encounters? Im pretty new at destro and I think I got it down but would love to master it.

Edited by uconnfan34

Building a Destruction guide right now. It's pretty basic, Destruction doesn't have many quirks.

Building a Destruction guide right now. It's pretty basic, Destruction doesn't have many quirks.

One of the reasons I find destruction boring

Destruction is really only top DPS spec for a short while, sort of like Demo was until yesterday. Once geared, Aff will be our spec of choice again for end-game raiding.

As far as class viability goes - Meh...Raid leaders will just stack mages, and bring one lock for summons, stones, and a combat rez.

Has anyone stopped to think for a second these nerfs possibly came also from Blizz stating they didn't have as many high end Destruction loggers as they wanted to evaluate they spec properly? Demo definitely looked boss on paper and obviously that translated into raids just as well, but just my opinion I think this nerf is more to push destruction into a place they can evaluate it more and then make another pass to try and balance all 3?

Crazy? What do you think?

-Hakai

Edited by Hakai

Has anyone stopped to think for a second these nerfs possibly came also from Blizz stating they didn't have as many high end Destruction loggers as they wanted to evaluate they spec properly? Demo definitely looked boss on paper and obviously that translated into raids just as well, but just my opinion I think this nerf is more to push destruction into a place they can evaluate it more and then make another pass to try and balance all 3?

Crazy? What do you think?

-Hakai

That isn't a crazy thought, especially when you consider the green fire quest and all that. I'd really like to think this is simply a step in an overall re-balancing of the class, but I have my doubts. Why nerf two specs just to push another one up when you can sensibly balance all three without screwing things up since locks are a pure damage class? Oh wait, logic, my bad.

Hello Dear Zagam and hello everyone.

Dear Zagam, thank you so much for your guides and calculations. I learned tons of things from your guides-tips. I am so angry, cant handle myself anymore.

One day in Twitter, i read his message. "I love my job."

That is good, and i love this game. And paying for the game, and in cataclysm i was killing my neck for to make some dps with nerfed Warlock. However to be honest, blizzard should find a fresh blood. The man is tired or he has some problem i think. He doesnt want to seperate Pve/Pvp spells. (like corruption is 3000 damage for Pve, 1500 for Pvp), also he is nerfing a Pure Damage class, he is buffing Tank/Heal/Dps Class (Monk)

How nasty right?... 10 Minutes Doomguard cooldown... Nerfing our spells and giving us Dark Intent - Stamina buff. He is just c...teasing with us...

Can you guys please make a new simulationcraft results ? In some webpage i saw dps ranking of all classes, Warlock is really pathetic now...

If 3 Mage spec are in top 3 or some tank/dps/heal class are in top 3, sorry but f... this mental okey...

Have a nice day everyone, god blast him...

Edited by Damnation

I think he said he is playing destro at the moment. I'm still playing aff/demo and topping charts, but I don't play with very skilled people very often to get a true comparison :D

It doesn't feel as if affliction is all that weak at the moment though. I know the Sims say otherwise, but I'll be curious to see what raidbots and other logs show aff doing after these nerfs.

Doesn't matter what spec you play, they're all close enough. None of the fights in T15 have DPS checks...they're all mechanic checks. Play the spec you are most comfortable with. Once you learn the fights, you can decide what specs are better on each fight (I try to do that with the T15 Warlock Style guide). I parse as Aff, Demo, and Destruction...sometimes I switch just because I'm bored. It's nice to have variety, and it's ESPECIALLY nice to be able to choose. The difference between the specs now is far less than the gap between Aff and other specs in T14.

• Like 1