FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

I'm having trouble with the macros, specifically the fel flame one, it doesn't cast fel flame on me or cast it at all for that matter, do i have something wrong with my settings/are my wow files corrupted this is causing me to wipe a lot, and it seems to be one of the only reasons i wipe.. any tips as to how i can fix this issue? Posted Image

I just have to say....that I love you. I just completed it after about 75-80 wipes. If anyone has any questions I'm available to help. I can't say thank you enough for this guide, I'm so happy. I really need to lower my blood pressure and calm my heartbeat Im about to pass ou.....

• Like 1

Thank you so much for this guide!

Definitely the best out there. With a couple of tweaks from your advice I got through the encounter perfectly the next try!

Thanks again! :D

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for this guide.

First i would like to apologize me for my english cause I'm french so...

However I've one question, you give us five macro and on your video I can see six...

I'm not playing so good so I want to optimize my chance, can you tell me excactly the name of the 6th ?

is it attack ? and what is ?

Another question, when you write (@player), I put the name of my player ? Or i can write it like this and it's work ?

there is no stupid question Posted Image

I prepare my interface with bartender just to put my macro same to you and try after.

You're guide is far the best and I've read a lot.

tam

Edited by Tam

Thanks a lot for this guide.

First i would like to apologize me for my english cause I'm french so...

However I've one question, you give us five macro and on your video I can see six...

I'm not playing so good so I want to optimize my chance, can you tell me excactly the name of the 6th ?

is it attack ? and what is ?

Another question, when you write (@player), I put the name of my player ? Or i can write it like this and it's work ?

there is no stupid question Posted Image

I prepare my interface with bartender just to put my macro same to you and try after.

You're guide is far the best and I've read a lot.

tam

Thank you for the nice comments! :)

That 6th macro you're talking about is the one that has the imp icon and it was a macro to have my pit lord target the imps and cast fel flame breath, but I never use it since I always line myself up in-between the pit lord and the imps. I chose to do it this way because when you line yourself up you get the benefit of dispelling any debuffs on you and killing the imps at the same time :) I hope this helps!

-Ackthal

Thank you for the nice comments! Posted Image

That 6th macro you're talking about is the one that has the imp icon and it was a macro to have my pit lord target the imps and cast fel flame breath, but I never use it since I always line myself up in-between the pit lord and the imps. I chose to do it this way because when you line yourself up you get the benefit of dispelling any debuffs on you and killing the imps at the same time Posted Image I hope this helps!

-Ackthal

Ok

I hunderstand

thanks so much

Posted Image

• Like 1

Couple of notes from finally finishing:

1. I did not put the Pit Lord back behind a pillar; trying to move him over was getting too fussy for me. I ended up putting him just to the left of the portal. When the Fel Puppies came out, I could ROF them to get them over to me on the right side of the circle (3 o'clock position or thereabouts). I specced Mannoroth's Fury for this, and that helped me to cast a wide ROF to get them. It was a shame to give up KJC (and meant that my DPS was lower and so I had to go through more stuff), but it was the right choice for my particular playing mojo.

2. I read this guide and all these comments and I thought the gateway aggro dumping made sense, but for the longest time I was missing something. I would go through the gateway and my name plate would still have a red border, and so I thought it wasn't working (when you Soul Shatter there is a very clear wiping of the red border, so you know you're clear). So I was only half-hearted in jumping through the gateway. And so I soaked a million chaos bolts. Taking the CBs leaves very little margin of error in the fight, and so it was just a brutal struggle for me. Somehow I would manage to get him to Execute anyway, but I could never finish him off. But none of it made sense, since you all repeatedly said the gateway should work fine. So the other night I decided (way way too late in this game, heh), to just do it even though it didn't look right. And of course I didn't see a single CB and suddenly the fight seemed trivially easy in comparison. I should be mortally embarrassed by having taken so long to figure this out, but I figure I'll share it with the crowd; maybe somebody else might learn from it.

thanks for the really helpful guide, got him down after 5 tries.

If you play destruction, when he's at below 20% HP, you can take advantage of the imp phase.

turn on Fire and Brimstone, Immolate + Rain of Fire that pack of Imps.

Keep that up and now you practically have an unlimited supply of Embers.

note: you do NOT want to kill the imps, so keep the pit lord away from them.

now just spam Shadowburn and use Ember Tap / Pit Lord's to heal (don't forget to dispel though)

his remaining HP will go down REALLY fast.

when i was doing this i was like "huh is it over already..? LOL"

Edited by Cress

dumb question... ive enver really played with enslave demon.... how do i release him to re-enslave him? I keep getting to the second fel hunter phase to have it were off and cant re-enslave cuz of the fel hunter....

great guild btw, ive only gotten as far as i have because of it.

Enslave Macro:

/target Pit Lord

/cast Enslave Demon

/targetlasttarget

Use glyph of Enslave demon to help with speed... this macro should help you as well.. just have to click it.

First of all I want to thank Ackthal for this great guide, the best one I've found so far and helped me a lot to get my Green Fire!

I did it as Destruction with 482 ilvl and it was very difficult to post enought dps to kill him before getting just too many demons to handle. Had to go to a 4th imp phase because I guess my dps is a bit low (4th imp phase comes right after the 3rd imps, looks like no more felhunters after the 3rd imp phase)..

My advise if someone is a bit undergeared like me is that just before the 2nd Doom Lord, focus the first one and keep him banished from now on, that way you can dismiss-enslave the pit lord again without having to worry about him losing aggro from the Doom Lord and that way you can also reduce the damage the Pit Lord takes and buy some extra time, you will need the Purification Potion as well to remove the Curse of Ultimate Doom. What I did is to wait until after the 2nd Felhunters, if I was able to get throught that phase then I was drinking the Purification potion.

I hope this advise is helpful and good luck getting your green fire!

I to was haveing this issue and tryed the banish method on the 2nd one but ended up gimping my dps even more what i found to work like a charm was to sac / ward on every imp phase dropd rains on them followed by breath use the pitlords heal and chaos bolt the boss this really uped my dps and still went into every fellhunter phase with 4 embers. i also had trouble dpsing the fels down fast enough to i found dark soul , immolate double confalg 1st one , havoc on 2nd , curse of elements on 3rd followed by 2 fast chaos bolts while haveing rain of fire on me 3rd one dies switch to 2nd and 1st and shadow burn found this to work really well with me lower dps and got me back on the boss asap. Now on the main reason i wanted to post is to thank you for this vid i was at 112 wipes b4 i seen this strat i landed my kill 45mins ago on a warlock that dinged 90 3 days ago 471 i lvl ended the boss with 23% hp left on my pitlord and finished with 89.3k dps I can not thank you enough for this vid complete changed this boss from never gonna happen with out alot more gear to dead and me casting green fire woot you rock

I to was haveing this issue and tryed the banish method on the 2nd one but ended up gimping my dps even more what i found to work like a charm was to sac / ward on every imp phase dropd rains on them followed by breath use the pitlords heal and chaos bolt the boss this really uped my dps and still went into every fellhunter phase with 4 embers. i also had trouble dpsing the fels down fast enough to i found dark soul , immolate double confalg 1st one , havoc on 2nd , curse of elements on 3rd followed by 2 fast chaos bolts while haveing rain of fire on me 3rd one dies switch to 2nd and 1st and shadow burn found this to work really well with me lower dps and got me back on the boss asap. Now on the main reason i wanted to post is to thank you for this vid i was at 112 wipes b4 i seen this strat i landed my kill 45mins ago on a warlock that dinged 90 3 days ago 471 i lvl ended the boss with 23% hp left on my pitlord and finished with 89.3k dps I can not thank you enough for this vid complete changed this boss from never gonna happen with out alot more gear to dead and me casting green fire woot you rock

What an awesome achievment. Shows what a little studying and application of what was advised to do and MAGIC happens. Grats on your green fire completion. Shine Bright with Fel Energies!

Just wanted to thank you for this guide. After trying for a few weeks on and off I finally downed him during the second imp phase. Fight was so hard even with the dropping of aggro from portals. Every time I re-enslaved the Pit Lord he would have no aggro on the guys so when I got it back on them it was still so easy for me to take aggro off of him even with the gates. Finally did it though thanks to your guide.

http://imgur.com/QaXUusy

I have played WoW since Vanilla and I have to say this is one of my proudest moments ever.

The guide is really helpful. Using its suggestions I could go upto the imp phase. But there seems to be something wrong with the felhound phase. Like in the video, I move my pitlord behind the pillar but when I attack the felhounds, he comes up running and starts attacking them. Very soon they devour the enslave and I die in a few seconds. Here is what I do as soon as he begins summoning the felhounds:

Step 1: Press ctrl+3 and move pitlord behind pillar

Step 2: Press the "pet" button as opposed to the "defensive" mode pitlord normally is in (I only did this thinking that the defensive mode was the problem)

Step 3: Stun the felhound, rain of fire, chaos bolt etc.

In the video, the pitlord stays stationary behind the pillar doing nothing but for me, he comes running out and starts attacking the felhounds.

Could anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I meant "passive" when i said "pet". I am sorry for this. Also, I found what was happening. I wasn't aggroing all the hounds. One of them would sneak and go to the pitlord. He would run over and attack not the hounds....but me. The solution I found is to keep rain of fires at the gateway till the third hound is out. That way, they won't go to the pitlord but stay on you.

Also, thank you for the suggestions :) :) :)

Edited by drahr

The guide is really helpful. Using its suggestions I could go upto the imp phase. But there seems to be something wrong with the felhound phase. Like in the video, I move my pitlord behind the pillar but when I attack the felhounds, he comes up running and starts attacking them. Very soon they devour the enslave and I die in a few seconds. Here is what I do as soon as he begins summoning the felhounds:

Step 1: Press ctrl+3 and move pitlord behind pillar

Step 2: Press the "pet" button as opposed to the "defensive" mode pitlord normally is in (I only did this thinking that the defensive mode was the problem)

Step 3: Stun the felhound, rain of fire, chaos bolt etc.

In the video, the pitlord stays stationary behind the pillar doing nothing but for me, he comes running out and starts attacking the felhounds.

Could anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

i had this problem.. i just put him on passive during that phase.

I had that problem even with passive, flailed for an hour, and remembered that a year earlier I had macro'ed pet attack target into Immolate. Maybe not your problem, but worth checking.

Thank you Ackthal, indeed as great guide. I got my sealed tome with an ilvl 500, so the only problem I had was killing the felhunters to fast, no time to soulburn them.

Took about 5 tries to learn the phases and about 3 to kill Kanrethad. I did it with extra caution, got my pit lord killed 2 times.

I just want to add to everybody who wants the fel fire, hurry up. At the moment, 5.4 change logs indicates at the on the Demonic Gateway cooldown timer, from 15 sec to one minute and it is crucial on aggro dumping.

Sorry for the bad english, not my native language.

Finally downed him tonight thanks to this guide! Something odd happened to me though, after I killed him the scene started but I couldn't click on him to get the green fire, and my pit lord and two doomguards were still up. What I ended up having to do was banish one doomguard then kill the other one with my pit lord, then I killed the banished one and by that point my pit lord was at about 500k hp so I just dismissed him and killed him too, then it let me click on him and I was all set. I almost had a heart attack because I thought it bugged lol. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm just curious.

This happened to me, but I didn't take a potion of purity because I was determined to kill him with the intended enrage timer.  So when everything bugged out, I died.  However, if you go to Shadowmoon Valley, you can find him standing there frozen near an NPC.  That's actually the source of the screenshot I used for my photo here at IV!

This guide is awesome.  I was wondering if this macro would work to move the Pit Lord to a raid marker.  I got past the second imp phase and the felhunters dispelled the enslave.

/petmoveto worldmarker1

Thanks!

Hello folks, I just wanted to give a quick comment regarding this new patch. I've just completed the quest a couple days ago (post 5.4) after many hours of testing and attempts. At first, of course, the issue was the Demonic Gateway spell. It now has a 60 second cooldown and no longer removes threat, thus only served as an LoS teleport. For now, I've yet to find anything on the internet of any other Warlocks beating him since the patch since this method was removed. Without going on a limb to say I'm the only one, I do know that I'm one of a few. This guide you've provided is absolutely the best I've found out there, and nothing short, I only had to make a few minor changes to successfully beat him. I'll end rant and list them now.

Gateway:

• Instead of setting it up in a minimum range between the center of the arena and in front of his portal, tactically position it behind the opposite pillar to where your Pit Lord moves to during the Fel Hunter phase. Do not emphasize on distance, it must be short as possible to enable a quick LoS in the event of Kanrethad using a Chaos Bolt in the later half of the fight (explained later).

Soul Shatter:

• Since 5.4 has left SS as your only means of direct aggro control, you will now have to use this at the start of the fight AND during each Fel Hunter summon. Depending on your timing, the CD may not be ready for the first time using it, and thus you will have to adjust your DPS accordingly before the phase starts. Additionally, with this fight now requiring you to take longer to slowly DPS Kanrethad due to aggro control with the Pit Lord, your enslaved Pit Lord may run the risk of either dying before the fight is over, and multiple re-enslavements. This means that after you have safely passed the second Fel Hunter phase and you're on imps for the rest of the fight, Soul Shatter will become your tool of survival in the event that you must re-enslave the Pit Lord while both Doom Lords are up, or an emergency Health Funnel. This will ensure that, if done properly, your Pit Lord immediately picks up both demons and Kanrethad, before they manage to kill you.

Simple Adjustments Made Easy:

• In short, you will follow through with this original guide as instructed, only changing the use of the Gateway. Remember to Soul Shatter AFTER the Pit Lord is enslaved the first time and AFTER Kanrethad has targeted you, cast his curse, and has a red aggro percentage on his frame. Too early has caused him to bug for me and remain focused on me instead of the Pit Lord. After this, continue DPS and pay attention to the phases. You MUST pay attention to your aggro percentage so you don't pull off of your Pit Lord. This will demand an early Soul Shatter and could be your doom for the Fel Hunter phase. Your goal is to tug-of-war aggro with the Pit Lord through all of the phases until you're on permanent imps. After you've done this, unload on him. I'm not sure this can be done with low item levels, mine was roughly 500. During this time you can take full aggro and burst dps while having the breathing-room to use your Gateway, mitigation spells, and Demonic Teleport to handle Kanrethad's Chaos Bolts. I don't advise popping ALL mitigation in the event of an incoming Chaos Bolt while both LoS options are down. One or two will suffice with a healing ember and/or healthstone. Soulburn range is your goal at this point. I find that Fire & Brimstone with a correctly positioned Pit Lord is enough to handle the imps whilst still DPSing Kanrethad. I was able to burn him without targeting anything else. Also, in the even of re-enslavement, I advise Banishing one Doom Lord before doing so. This will allow you to, if Soul Shatter is on cooldown, focus on grabbing one Doom Lord's aggro with your Pit Lord at a time, with a comfortable 1 minute between the next. I like to Health Funnel and then re-enslave at the same time, saving Soul Shatter to kill two birds with one stone.

That's all for me, I do hope this information helps. This method is not in the least bit smooth to one-shot, but it IS the only method I've been able to come up with that works and with practice, becomes simple. Thank you again very, very much for your time and effort in this wonderful guide. Any and all feedback/insight is much appreciated. Good luck and happy hunting!

- Xetore, Undead Destruction Warlock. Realm: Silvermoon

P.S. Feel free to whisper me in-game if you need any help or advice. I'm new to Icy-Veins so it will be difficult for me to keep up with the forum and inbox.

Edited by Valano

•  You MUST pay attention to your aggro percentage so you don't pull off of your Pit Lord. 

After trying this method for an hour I abandoned it for an all out dps approach ignoring aggro - that was the only way I could beat it.  I don't think the "let the pit lord tank" approach is viable for most people with 5.4, you can only do a tiny amount of damage outside of the stun phase without pulling aggro, and I doubt most people would be able to complete it that way in 14 mins (assuming use of purification potion).

What did work for me (511 LFR gear) was a combination of this original guide and Serious's video guide at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA

What I did use from the original guide posted here on icy veins:

- spec, talents, glyphs, and all preparation info

- not casting chaos bolt (saving embers) on the stun before felhounds

- pit lord breath macro to direct fire to me

- method of doing imps (move pit lord on top of portal and use ae stun)

What I used from Serious's video guide:

- gateway position and usage (from center to behind pillar, for LOS emergencies only)

- using charge stun on very first curse of ultimate doom cast (buys a little more time)

- keep max dps possible on Kanrethad all the time (while managing embers of course)

- just use teleport / gateway to LOS chaos bolt - only used twilight / etc to soak the bolt in emergencies (I had to soak it twice because I was too far from portal)

- on felhound summon, just move pit lord to slightly left of portal, yourself to slightly right of portal, and drop rain of fire before they start spawning.  This worked 100% of my attempts - as Serious points out, the KEY is to never let the felhounds face the pit lord.  after I got them on me, I set my pit lord to attack Kanrethad again, and even had myself and felhounds within range of pit lord breath

Some of my own observations

- I didn't use soul shatter once, though in hindsight it might have made it a little easier to pick up doom lord

- not sure if it was mentioned here, but DBM has this encounter now and is great for warnings beyond the normal emotes

edit:  forgot to mention, using this approach I completed the event before the second doom lord came out

Edited by haunaben

Incredibly helpful, however I'm still having alot of trouble at the Fel-hunter phase. The first wave each time, Kanrethad likes to start a Cataclysm soon after summoning the Felhunters. And I moved the hounds away from the Pit Lord behind the pillar, not touching the pillar where he was, and kept an LoS, and yet one ran to him without being affected by stuns and aggro completely and freed him, leaving me vulnerable to the Cataclysm.

I'd love for someone with better luck not encountering bugs (That Blizz still haven't fixed) like "Invalid Target" or "Ability on Cooldown" (which has happened repeadedly when Cataclysm is cast, and I have not used it before.) to help me, seriously, 100 attempts with this strategy so far and BUGS are killing me. 

And despite the Soul Shatter and Gateway usage, I'm still aggroing Kanrethad Q_Q

Total attempt count: 104

Total attempt count with this strategy: 49

Total gold spent thus far on repairs: 2098g 38s 91c

Furthest % achieved: 48%

iLvL:507

email: [email protected]

Edited by Malxann

1) If the Felpuppies went to your Pit Lord, you didn't do what you needed to do in order to stop that.  There's no excuse or bug for it - you need to move him out of range and get aggro on them and kill them.  This should always provide you ample time to clear the pups before you bring your Pit Lord back into combat.

2) Soulshatter is only a 90% threat dump.  If your Pit Lord hasn't established adequate aggro or you have to re-enslave him, then Soulshatter won't help.

3) Your Gateway portal is no longer a threat dump and hasn't been a threat dump for months.  This should be updated in the guide, but for you, it cannot function as such, so quit relying on it. 

There are no 'bugs' in this encounter.  If you do it right, you will win.  If you mess something up, you will lose.  Spark just posted a video doing it at 483 item level from his boosted Warlock - you should be more than adequate to win at 507.

Face the felpups towards the gate. I found this stopped any issues with the pit lord.

Then again I had pretty high ilvl (502) compared to you guys in fresh 90s so it was pretty easy.