FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

Excellent guide thanks.  I did not follow it to the letter, but the information and macros I found here made it very easy.  I tried about 20 times myself before I searched for a guide and found this one.

My tips:

- Keep calm.  Cannot stress this enough.  If you are calm the fight becomes easy (and your DPS shoots through the roof).  You easily pick up when problems arise and you respond to it quickly enough so you don't get killed.  You get annoyed when you miss that one thing that kills you, but you learn quickly and the next round you are prepared for it. 

- I found it easier to tank myself and use the Pit Lord to tank the Doom Lord.  This freed up a lot of time for me.  Pit Lord heal and self heal kept me alive.

- After reading this guide I built a priority list for myself:

-> Deal with the instant kills. (Chaos bolt, Cataclysm & Ultimate doom or if you are at low health)

-> Move Pit Lord away from Fel Hunters.

-> Then dispel yourself as much as possible.

-> Then kill Ads.

-> Squeeze in heals from your Pit Lord & use breath to add needed DPS and dispell.

-> Damage Kanrethad.

After I started using this priority list I killed him within 3 tries.  Each time I learned where I went wrong and avoided that during the next round.  During the successful round I did not even use my Gateway once.  I only used the Circle to avoid the Chaos bolts, but my priority list helped me to avoid any nasty surprises.

Edited by Namennaj

Took me 213 minutes, but finally did it, haha. 525 ilvl, so I sucked because I didn't read tactics first - kept at it for 1 hour trying my shit. Barely read this guide, still wiped on Felhunters. Kept at it, raging mad, smashing the table (almost my wife too). Took a break for my CD on SS to get off, then read another guide posted at reddit which told me to place the Pit Lord in the corner LOS of the Felhunters and myself in the other, nuking them down asap zulu. Epic wins - now I'm a green fire faggot too, enjoying life to the fullest! 

I was thinking about updating the video guide since this fight has changed, but I just went back into the scenario with 550 gear and rolled it.  Keep with the mechanics that were covered in the guide and just ignore the demonic gateway aspect.  One thing I failed to mention in the video is be sure to use havoc during the fel hunter phase.  With the higher item level everyone should have, this thing is a piece of cake.

I'm sorry to necro an old thread, and even moreso to do it over what is probably a stupid question, but I just can't bring myself to check all 6 pages of comments for a possible answer to this.

Is there something I'm missing about the Glyph of Dark Soul? WoWhead says it's not even due to be released in a patch until 6.0, and I've looked through my scribe's profession list (she's only missing 2 glyphs in the entire game according to Ackis Recipe List, and that's not one of them), and I've looked at the in-game list for glyphs on my warlock. I cannot figure out how in the heck I am supposed to get this glyph? >.<

Obviously if I'm just derping out over here and *can't* use it yet, then I won't, but I just don't get why it would even be in the guide yet if it's unavailable.

Thanks, and sorry again.

Obviously if I'm just derping out over here and *can't* use it yet, then I won't, but I just don't get why it would even be in the guide yet if it's unavailable.

Thanks, and sorry again.

The guide is dated - it, however, was written when gear levels were much lower, so something as small as a glyph won't make a noticeable difference.  The important part of the guide is the strategy, not so much the gear, talents, and glyphs. 

No need to apologize!  We're here to help.

Also, do you like Blood Elves?

The guide is dated - it, however, was written when gear levels were much lower, so something as small as a glyph won't make a noticeable difference.  The important part of the guide is the strategy, not so much the gear, talents, and glyphs. 

No need to apologize!  We're here to help.

Also, do you like Blood Elves?

The guide being dated is exactly what's confusing me about this... it's an old guide, but that glyph is so new it isn't even in the game yet that I can find. So that's why I'm wondering if I'm just mentally handicapped in some way lol.

And yes, I adore them, trolls, and undead. Only problem is that trolls only have one good hairstyle and undead magically have holes in my robes. It's like, I just made these robes. There's no holes. Put your spine away, woman! ... or at least don't tear the sleeves. =/

The guide being dated is exactly what's confusing me about this... it's an old guide, but that glyph is so new it isn't even in the game yet that I can find. So that's why I'm wondering if I'm just mentally handicapped in some way lol.

And yes, I adore them, trolls, and undead. Only problem is that trolls only have one good hairstyle and undead magically have holes in my robes. It's like, I just made these robes. There's no holes. Put your spine away, woman! ... or at least don't tear the sleeves. =/

The glyph existed back in 5.2, no longer exists currently, but will exist again in 6.0.  It's hard to maintain all these guides with all the changes that happen so rapidly.  You're not mentally struggling, I promise you.

Trolls are hideous.  I hate that mine won't visit a chiropracter.  Just fucking stand up straight, dude!  You'll be the most majestic race in the game if you'd just stand up...

I think you'll enjoy the new Undead models, particularly the female.  She is very well done, very classy with her bones, and she has a badonkadonk. 

The glyph existed back in 5.2, no longer exists currently, but will exist again in 6.0.  It's hard to maintain all these guides with all the changes that happen so rapidly.  You're not mentally struggling, I promise you.

Trolls are hideous.  I hate that mine won't visit a chiropracter.  Just fucking stand up straight, dude!  You'll be the most majestic race in the game if you'd just stand up...

I think you'll enjoy the new Undead models, particularly the female.  She is very well done, very classy with her bones, and she has a badonkadonk. 

Ahhhhh. Thank you! That explains it completely. This expansion I've barely touched my warlock; it was only after finding out about the title and that I can turn off the green fire (can't have it clash with my Corruptor set) that has made me pick her up and gear her out, so I was completely unaware of this glyph haha.

And yeah, I'm really excited about all of the new character models in general, every one I've seen so far looks great. Though I am hoping they give us all one free re-customization on release. I also might be dropping a few bucks on some race changes . ;)

Though I am hoping they give us all one free re-customization on release. I also might be dropping a few bucks on some race changes . wink.png

Don't get your hopes up.  Blizz doesn't often hand things out for free.  Once Berserking is neutered, my Warlock won't be a Troll anymore.  I'm debating what to morph him into.  It won't be a Goblin.  That's pretty much all I know.

Don't get your hopes up.  Blizz doesn't often hand things out for free.  Once Berserking is neutered, my Warlock won't be a Troll anymore.  I'm debating what to morph him into.  It won't be a Goblin.  That's pretty much all I know.

Oh, I'm aware what a vain hope it most likely is, but still, I hope. Ideally it would be one per character, but I wouldn't complain too loudly about one per account haha. And still fully aware that it probably won't happen. Such is life.

And yeah, down with goblins. The new male orcs look pretty awesome though, so you could always look into that. =)

And yeah, down with goblins. The new male orcs look pretty awesome though, so you could always look into that. =)

Orcs are sick with the Shoulders of Doom size.  He's been an Orc most of the time - might be time for a change.

Orcs are sick with the Shoulders of Doom size.  He's been an Orc most of the time - might be time for a change.

I'm thinking Orcs will end up in the strongest position, but I'm hoping it's not so strong that we have no choice.  I'd really like to go back to Forsaken, and I've been stuck as a Troll since ToT. 

Blood Elf = 1% Crit.  Seems to be winner so far considering everything.  Pet damage from Orcs is ok, but Blood Fury and Berserking not being able to be snapshotted sucks.  Goblins give 1% Haste, but Haste diminishes in value the more you gain while Crit always stays valuable since crit is a linear gain per point and we never really hit a crit cap, even if it's not a desired stat.

I won't mind being a BElf. 

You will be a Blood Elf and LIKE IT! :P I love being an elf, even without Berserking. 

• Like 1

If nothing else, go with a female Belf and at least you'll have something pretty to look at XD

Yeah, but the way they hold 2h weapons...ugh.  And her casting animation leaves something to be desired.  We'll see how they look re-done

Yeah, but the way they hold 2h weapons...ugh.  And her casting animation leaves something to be desired.  We'll see how they look re-done

Really? That complaint is so weird to me; I've never cared that much about their casting animations or how they hold weapons. Give me a pretty toon to drive around with a decent dance and some good jokes/flirts and I'm golden.

Then again, I'm really vain.

Really? That complaint is so weird to me; I've never cared that much about their casting animations or how they hold weapons. Give me a pretty toon to drive around with a decent dance and some good jokes/flirts and I'm golden.

Then again, I'm really vain.

I'm a little critical of how my character looks.  I liked the Goblin underhanded softball style tossing of spells, but gear looks so shitty on a Goblin that when I got 9/9 C. Modes on my Warlock, I instantly went Orc.  I'm a Troll now because Berserking is too powerful for any Warlock.  When snapshotting is removed, all that will matter to me is how I look. 

For looks, Undead female looks smokin' right now.  Blood Elf female always looks good, but the whole reaching to the sky casting animation was never Warlocky to me.  It looks good on a Holy Paladin or a Priest, but for a Warlock, they should be pointing towards what they're killing, in my opinion.  For Rain of Fire, Trolls throw their hand up in the air, but it's only one as if to give all the mobs he's about to kill a single finger salute.  Blood Elves leave a bit to be desired for me.

As for the flirty jokes and 17+ language, that's what Mumble is for. 

My shadow priest is undead female and I love her animations.

For me WoD will be toss up between Orc and UD Female, unless Trolls turn out super sexy.

I'm a little critical of how my character looks.  I liked the Goblin underhanded softball style tossing of spells, but gear looks so shitty on a Goblin that when I got 9/9 C. Modes on my Warlock, I instantly went Orc.  I'm a Troll now because Berserking is too powerful for any Warlock.  When snapshotting is removed, all that will matter to me is how I look. 

For looks, Undead female looks smokin' right now.  Blood Elf female always looks good, but the whole reaching to the sky casting animation was never Warlocky to me.  It looks good on a Holy Paladin or a Priest, but for a Warlock, they should be pointing towards what they're killing, in my opinion.  For Rain of Fire, Trolls throw their hand up in the air, but it's only one as if to give all the mobs he's about to kill a single finger salute.  Blood Elves leave a bit to be desired for me.

As for the flirty jokes and 17+ language, that's what Mumble is for. 

I guess I am more shallow in my vanity than you are; I don't really care much about specific animations for casting (though I can see what you're talking about and don't disagree), but I am meticulous about details like hairstyles & color, earrings, faces, and transmogs, and I'll even coordinate which battle pet my characters have out to them specifically (just as an example, my lock is using the Netherspace Abyssal pet until she gets green fire, then she'll switch to the Minfernal), and lastly I care about their dance, and how they run.

As for the jokes/flirts, well a voice server won't really replace that as I use them solely to amuse myself and not to interact lol. If someone I don't know /flirts at me I generally target them back and /fart at them, but I digress.

My shadow priest is undead female and I love her animations.

For me WoD will be toss up between Orc and UD Female, unless Trolls turn out super sexy.

There's only 2 things about Undead that bother me. The first is the freaking holes in brand new robes, as I mentioned earlier, and the way they run makes me want to bash my head into my keyboard until the pain stops. It's not even that the movement is clunky because, let's face it, she's mostly decayed, so it would make sense for it to be a jerky movement, but how freaking ridiculously high must she pull up her knees as she runs? Is this an obstacle course? Is she working out in between the Auctioneer and the mailbox? WTF else is up with doing the high knees non-stop?

And I've said for years that troll females have the best bodies in the game (ignoring theirs hands and feet). Those hips, that booty. 

Edited by LimitedRapture

Those hips, that booty. 

The new undead chicks got dat badonkadonk.  They're bringing the heat. 

I dig the pet sync.  A minfernal with a cookie looks legit.