FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ragebarr

5.4 Fury Warrior Tips, Talents and gear FAQ

I'm partial against BiS lists because most of us actually never even get to use them... 

I guess I could make a tentative one, but adding all the link to the guide actually takes a lot of time (Therefore why I don't link the spells and etc...). 

If I do find the time over the weekend I'll try to make one but I won't guarantee anything.

In your opinion, what is the best time to use the Tier 4 and 6 talents in the rotation? In particular is it better to get them during CS, before, or after.

T4:

Dragon Roar: Immediately before or after CS (but never during it, as it already ignores all armor)

Bladestorm: Outside of CS (Using it during CS would waste the full 6 seconds of the debuff on an AoE attack)

Shockwave: Doesn't matter, but you should rarely ever have to take SW anyway.

T6:

Avatar should never be taken, but if you still take it stack it with Reck and Skull Banner every 3 minutes, make sure it covers a full CS window.

Bloodbath should be used every 3rd CS (every other one with the Normal (or better) version of the Cooldown reduction trinket)

Stormbolt should be used during every other CS (And inside every CS once you have the normal or better version of the CDR trinket)

I hope this answers your questions, if not feel free to say so :)

I picked up the Eye of Galakras, and I do not know if I should save recklessness for when Skull Banner comes off of CD or just use it without Skull Banner.  Also, is the value of T15 4-Piece diminished if I do not stack Skull Banner and Recklessness to the point of dropping the 4 piece for Warforged Legs?

Always save Reck for banner.

And whereas the T15 4p is good, I'd still drop it if the ilvl increase of the new piece is 20+ or so. There are no definite answer as to which piece will be worth breaking the set bnus for but I usually use this as my general guideline.

Hey so I am a relatively new 90 Fury warrior. was Arms/Prot and I tried Fury but was getting frustrated because I couldn't seem to get the CS rotation down correctly. I think I get the idea behind but I never seemed to have enough Raging Blows to use. Are you saying that if there is no RB to use I should replace it with HS?

Also do you have any advice on how to have enough RB charges? I think my biggest problem was pooling rage and wasting it by feeling like I had to do something on every GCD, do you have any advice to make that easier maybe?

Thank You

If you have no RB to use WS is your second best choice.

To get enough RB charges you have to make sure you use BT every single time it comes off cooldown, and don't use your RB outside of CS' unless you have 2 of them or the one charge you have will expire before you can do a BT again.

Also don't be afraid (outside of CS) to have empty GCDs. IF you have low rage and nothing non expensive to cast, just wait until the next Bt or until you have more rage. 

Hey guys,

Shouldn't it look like this by now?

Hit (to 7.5) = Exp (to 7.5) > Str >= Crit (40% unbuffed) > Mastery >= Crit( 45% unbuffed) > Hit (to hard cap) > Haste > Crit

Im not really sure... but im thinking about changing to 80 Str & 160 Crit gems, since im almost having over 90% enrage uptime. Thinking further with 40% crit  ( 45% buffed) you have a 90% chance on critting with bloodthirst. So 10% chance of no crit. So if you dont crit you still have the chance to use your berserker rage. Not Critting twice in a row is very unusual with this critrate. What is your opinion? wink.png

In addition, your cs also has a 45% chance to crit, seems good enough for me biggrin.png

Edited by Lvena

Depends whether or not you have Thok's Tail tip.

If you don't have it, it's going to be Hit=Exp>Crit (to ~42-43%)>Mastery>Crit>Haste>Hit (to hard cap).

If you have Thok's Tail Tip, the increased crit damage on it makes Crit tay ahead of your other stats, so it's going to look like Hit=Exp>Crit(to infinity and beyond)>Mastery>Haste>Hit (to hard cap).

I've updated the first post in the thread to reflect this.

Sounds good to me. But i dont have Thok's Tail Tip....yet... So i'm not really sure but i believe 41% should be more than enough, so that your chance of failing to crit twice in a row is pushed beneath 1% ....
with Stormbolt as your Ulti you dont even have to get your 3 RB Proccs because you only need 2 for your Rotation. Even without Galakras Trinket ( every 2nd Rotation with 3 RB's) ... you have 4 chances to proc a RB: 

BS befor CS(92% chance), CS(41%) BS from Rotation(92%) and last but not least your Berserker Rage(100% if ready).

Remember that there's a 3% crit dampening on bosses, so if you have 41% crit chance, against bosses that is only 38%.

Also, Crit's only perk isn't just to proc Enrage and RBs. It also makes your attacks hit for twice as hard when it does, and that is the difference between a 500k SB and a 1M SB :)

In the end however, as long as you don't deviate too much from the recommended list, you can gear pretty much how you want, since good DPS will come much more from playing well and not from switching 1% of a stat into another.

Hey Ragebarr, 

great article there's just one thing i dont get, i currently do not have access to any wow information site bar icy veins (school firewall) so i dont quite understand why malkorok's skullcleaver is better for orcs? i may just be derping really hard but it says nothing in the tooltip :/

Thanks again, 

Nirvana

Hey Ragebarr, 

great article there's just one thing i dont get, i currently do not have access to any wow information site bar icy veins (school firewall) so i dont quite understand why malkorok's skullcleaver is better for orcs? i may just be derping really hard but it says nothing in the tooltip :/

Thanks again, 

Nirvana

That's due to the Orc racial http://www.wowwiki.com/Axe_Specialization_%28orc_racial%29

What Funq said. It's an Axe, so orcs get free expertise from using it.

In the end though, whatever your race is the gap between Skullcleaver and Paragon's sword is really small.

The biggest issue is that you are not using Bloodthirst nearly enough. Use it on CD. A lot of your other issues come from this one thing.

Other than that you don't seem to get all the uses you can out of stormbolt. Make sure you always cast SB during every CS (it should be super easy especially since you have a Heroic Galakras trinket) and also make sure you are enraged for every stormbolt.

Thanks Rage, I really appreciate it.

I have a couple questions I'd like to ask for some clarification.

I just received the trinket a couple days ago, so I'm just starting to see the benefits from it. It's strange going from 30secs CD to 20.5, hopefully I can quickly work this in to my rotation without suffering too much.

When it comes to Bloodthirst, I knew I was messing up here. More often than not it sits while I try to burn rage, or have two RB's and I need to burn one before using BT, or have Wild Strike Procs I need to use. It just seems there's so much to do and for some reason I'm letting it take priority over BT.

So, what you're saying is I need to use BT on CD, but, in what situations should I delay it, if any?

I think I understand the jist of the rotation, it's getting these smaller things down. I am getting much better inside CS windows. It's outside of CS where I need the most help I think.

Again, any help with priorities outside CS would be greatly appreciated, and even inside. I try to stick with this priority during CS;

BT - CS - SB - RB BT-RB-RB if I have two RB's - My crit is still a little low.

I guess I need to start using BT on every CD regardless of what else is available, this will surely give me more RB's to use outside of CS too.

For my opener; Pre-Pot - Charge - BT- Dragon Roar/Springs - Skull Banner/Reck - BT - CS - SB - RB - BT - RB - RB

I have DR/Springs macro'd and Reck/Banner Macro'd. I'm on vacation, so I haven't worked out the CD problem with the Trinket making certain abilities shorter. I think DR is shorter, I know SB is but I don't think it affects Skull Banner. I know the main guide has a section devoted to this.

I won't even go into AOE - this post is long already. After playing Arms for so long, I can't make Fury work for AOE at all.

Any help is really appreciated, by anyone.

You'll see, with the 20.5s CD, Stormbolt fits much nicer in your rotation. Every one of your CS windows should look like BT - CS - SB - BT - RB - RB, with 4 or 5 HS on top of everything.

Bloodthirst really has priority above almost everything else, because it has a lot of benefits. If you are at 2 Rb charges, then you *could* delay BT by 1 gcd, but this is a situation that shouldn't happen. If you already have 1 RB charge and your BT procs another, you have 2 full gcds to get rid of it before the next BT.

The only other moment in single target where you will want to delay BT is during execute, if you have Berserker rage available. During that time a perfect CS window will be BT (procs enrage) - CS - SB - Execute - Execute (with ZerkerRage to re-trigger enrage) - Execute.

Make sure you save your Berserker Rage for when you are not enraged during a CS, it'll help compesate for your lower crit chance.

For your opener, make sure to Shout before pre-potting, and wait a bit to make sure your Trinkets have procced before popping all your CDs. It should look like: Shout - pot - charge - bt - filler - filler - bt - banner - roar - reck - cs - etc.

If you don't have any cheap fillers, just wait instead. You want to be at least at 80+ rage for your first cs and you want to have all your trinkets.

(Sidenote: on normal I would only take Dragon Roar on Malkorok, Thok, Siegecrafter and possibly immerseus. On every other fight Bladestorm will either outperform DR or be less prone to its strange diminishing returns. If you get into heroics, there isn't a single fight i would not take bladestorm for)

As far as the CDR trinket goes, it affects DbtS, Shield Wall, Heroic Leap, Reck, and your T4 and T6 talents. With this trinket you want to use Reck every 2 minutes, and save Banner for every other Reck, as stated in the main guide.

Finally, I'll still do a short paragraph on AoE :)

The basic rotation is to keep using BT on cooldown, and in between BTs, you want to use whirlwind upp to the amount of ennemies you have to hit minus one, then use RB. If you don't have to rage to use whirlwind, then you can use either RB or CD or procced wild strikes, in that order.

I hope this helps, and I hope this isn't too confusing (I tried to order my answer at least a bit but I know that I usually try to explain 5 different things at once).

If you have any more questions feel free to ask,

-Rage

Bloodthirst really has priority above almost everything else, because it has a lot of benefits. If you are at 2 Rb charges, then you *could* delay BT by 1 gcd, but this is a situation that shouldn't happen. If you already have 1 RB charge and your BT procs another, you have 2 full gcds to get rid of it before the next BT.

Rage, this is very helpful too me, and I appreciate it.

The only other moment in single target where you will want to delay BT is during execute, if you have Berserker rage available. During that time a perfect CS window will be BT (procs enrage) - CS - SB - Execute - Execute (with ZerkerRage to re-trigger enrage) - Execute.

Make sure you save your Berserker Rage for when you are not enraged during a CS, it'll help compesate for your lower crit chance.

I need to get better at tracking my enrage - I have a bar set up through WA, but I rarely look at it. I know I don't use Zerker Rage to it's full extent. Maybe I can enlarge that progress bar some so I can pay a lot more attention to it. I knew this was happening, but I stay enraged a decent amount of time. But using it to proc a RB is what I need to get better at.

Finally, I'll still do a short paragraph on AoE smile.png

The basic rotation is to keep using BT on cooldown, and in between BTs, you want to use whirlwind upp to the amount of ennemies you have to hit minus one, then use RB. If you don't have to rage to use whirlwind, then you can use either RB or CD or procced wild strikes, in that order.

Should I use CS on CD, and WW as filler when CS is on CD. This is what confuses me the most; what is priority in AOE situations. I think I have the jist of Blade Storm, and when to use it. I have also never tried the Raging Wind Glyph either, but it looks very interesting.

A good example; During Sun's Desperate Measure Phase, I use the CS Window as written, then BS, and then I start WW and RB filler. Am I doing this in the correct order? Because this is how I treat most AOE situations, between adds or on a boss fight. It just feels like I'm either using something I shouldn't be using, or using them in the wrong order. Either way it feels like I'm doing it wrong. In other words, I have WW on a low priority in my rotation.

I know there are a ton of different circumstances to deal with. Again, any help is appreciated.

I hope this helps, and I hope this isn't too confusing (I tried to order my answer at least a bit but I know that I usually try to explain 5 different things at once).

I don't think you realize how much you've already helped me, Ragebar. And, I really appreciate it.

The priority you give WW during AoE depends both on the number of enemies and on your rage generation. 

If there are only 2 targets, I would use WW as a filler, replacing WS & HS, while still using Cs on cooldown.

the more enemies there are around you the higher WW's priority gets and the more CS becomes just a filler move. This, however, is mostly up to you to judge depending on what your rage income looks like. During a full on AoE, other than using BT on CD, of course, you want to spend all your rage on WW and RB, balancing the 2 to get the most uses of your Meat Cleaver stacks.

Last thing, just make sure you don't waste too many Meat Cleaver stacks (i.e if there are 3 ennemies try your best to use Rb every 2 WWs).

TL;DR: The more enemies there are and the more rage you have, the more you use WW.