FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Taldryx

I Don't Know What To Do :(

Ok. I am going to try to link last nights attempts at Council. When you see the spots where I am not casting, bear in mind that I move with my mouse (bad Taldryx!) and there is a lot of moving in this fight. I switched up what I was doing a lot to try to figure out what would work best. They ended up being just a little shy of enough DPS, so I finally settled on Atonement. And my new mantra is "ABC - Shadowfiend" - "Always Be Casting - Send Out Shadowfiend if off CD".

Damn! I don't know how to link my Log Posted Image I will have to get help with that.

I averaged 40k - 45k, a disappointing follow-up to my 80k - 85k on Jin'Rokh.

Remember that your hps is limited by the amount of damage people are taking.

Compare yourself to the other healers and remember that kills and wipes are the only way to truely evaluate your healing.

I do 40k/50k-ish on a lot of fights when we're 3-healing, but that doesn't stop me from reaching +100k on fights with special conditions (think Tsulong).

Congratulations on your Jinrokh numbers, but remember that numbers don't count. Improvement counts, consistency counts - keep it up :D

• Like 1

Also, don't take it the wrong way, but I am not sure how "healthy" mouse-moving is, especially when some fights require moving and healing at the same time (Blade Lord Tayak P2 comes to mind), so I would suggest learning using the movement keys.

• Like 1

You are right, Moaca - it would be ideal for me to use buttons to move. I never learned to do it that way and so I suffer the consequences of inactivity while I am moving. I have tried a number of different ways to resolve it without any success: I started using the G13 and it's thumb joystick with mouseover macros, but my reaction time suffered and it took me a very long time to become accustomed to the G13, and button pressing in general, so I ditched that method. I have always been a "mouser". I use my left hand to control my heals with Healbot plus Shift, Ctrl, and Alt. I have tried to switch to WASD while moving with rather pathetic results and deaths. I view it as a problem that is undermining my heals ATM, and am hoping that once I am very comfortable with my Disc healing I can try to resolve this.

BTW, no luck getting any help linking logs; I will try again this afternoon to get help or figure it out myself.

Hi, been watching from afar, and I am putting you in the 'doing fine now' category. Just relax now, and have some fun, it will all fall into place. Glad I found this place, been so nice to see the outpouring of support in an online community without any sniping. Been really refreshing!

• Like 2

Depending on the fight, 35k-40k can be considered excellent. I don't trust logs from incomplete attempts, but it looks like you did fine. Now it seems like the problem is deaths, which were not necessarily your fault.

- Quicksand's debuff needs to be dispelled so you can get out of it.

- People need to stack up during Frostbite. You were taking full-strength ticks of it and then Kaz finished you off.

- DPS didn't get the empowered boss low enough on the attempt that ran 4:40, so it wiped the raid.

Edited by Tarazet
  • Like 1

Thank you Madmonk for fixing my link! And thank you Scook for your kind words. And of course, Tarazet you have been a frequent contributor to this thread and I thank you for looking at the log. I don't believe that I as a Priest can dispel my own Quicksand debuff, so I will talk to the other Healers about that. I use Every Man For Himself when I can, but it is often on CD. And you are correct on your 2 other points - we are having a challenge getting enough peeps around the person with Frostbite and are aware of it. Also, the DPS in this guild is just shy of being enough for this fight. I am not really sure that I can do anything about that except Atonement heal as much as the raid damage allows. I do know that they are aware of it - they said as much in vent.

I will probably continue to post some logs for a bit (if I can figure it out), but Scook you are right: although there is ALWAYS room for improvement, I am doing much better, things are becoming "second nature" and I feel as if I am moving in the right direction

SO A BIG THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all of you who have been so gracious and spent so much time with specifics in your posts to try to help me! I TRULY TRULY APPRECIATE IT and will pay it forward Posted Image

Edited by Taldryx
  • Like 2

Thank you Madmonk for fixing my link! And thank you Scook for your kind words. And of course, Tarazet you have been a frequent contributor to this thread and I thank you for looking at the log. I don't believe that I as a Priest can dispel my own Quicksand debuff, so I will talk to the other Healers about that. I use Every Man For Himself when I can, but it is often on CD. And you are correct on your 2 other points - we are having a challenge getting enough peeps around the person with Frostbite and are aware of it. Also, the DPS in this guild is just shy of being enough for this fight. I am not really sure that I can do anything about that except Atonement heal as much as the raid damage allows. I do know that they are aware of it - they said as much in vent.

I will probably continue to post some logs for a bit (if I can figure it out), but Scook you are right: although there is ALWAYS room for improvement, I am doing much better, things are becoming "second nature" and I feel as if I am moving in the right direction

SO A BIG THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all of you who have been so gracious and spent so much time with specifics in your posts to try to help me! I TRULY TRULY APPRECIATE IT and will pay it forward Posted Image

The Entrapped buff is Magic, so any healer should be able to dispel it.

• Like 1

Yup you can self dispel but Every Man for himself works as well. Just do whatever feels comfortable! To make life easier you can always pre assign the quicksand dispel to a specific healer for the entire fight so you dont worry about it (if you dont get assigned) or you can watch your timers and know that you are ready to dispel a raid member if you are assigned :)

• Like 2