FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Legendary Dragon Priest Standard No Kara

Guest BlackBisounours

Try this deck all evening, useless...

Guest Guest

Dragons benefit mostly from battlecry effects.

Not only is Deathwing too heavy, but also just useless.

Chillmaw is much better choice, also avoids BGH and this deck would have no BGH target as a whole.

4 mana slot is too weak.

Since Dark cultists are replaced by technicians, it's a better idea to add more dragon cards than priests did back in wild

try drakes in 4 mana slots

Guest Prst

This deck seems to get destroyed by murloc paladins

Dragon priest was always weak against super control board clear heavy decks like freeze mage and control warriors

Guest GinnG

Yes, Deathwing : The dragonlord is too slow and too vulnerable. Chillmaw will be alots better or maybe can go for Nefarian. 
Btw, I personally likes to include 1 confuse into my dragon priest deck. Just to serve as a finisher as most of the dragon cards we are using have high hp.

Try this deck all evening, useless...

Funny, cause I have had some success with it (WR>50%). I originally had problems with the deck as well, but since I got used to it again after not playing it for a while, I was able to climb the ladder. I recommend you to try the deck again, and if it doesn't work, you will get a full refund*

*not guaranteed

This deck seems to get destroyed by murloc paladins

That is true. Just like Prst said, there are too many board clears to handle. However, you still have some chance by Entombing the right minions (Entombing Warleaders works for me). They will still have a lot of removals, but they won't be able to kill you.

Dragons benefit mostly from battlecry effects.

Not only is Deathwing too heavy, but also just useless.

Chillmaw is much better choice, also avoids BGH and this deck would have no BGH target as a whole.

4 mana slot is too weak.

Since Dark cultists are replaced by technicians, it's a better idea to add more dragon cards than priests did back in wild

try drakes in 4 mana slots

Would you rather play those dragons for full mana with battlecries, or would you rather have them on board for free? 

Deathwing can be too heavy, but definitely not useless, especially when you have Ysera in hand.

4 slot is weak because there are better cards that can be included. 4-drop dragons are Sorcerer (PW:S is the only buff), Hungry Dragon (helps aggro and generally speaking, giving your opponent board position is risky) and Twilight/Midnight Drakes, that require you to have a big hand, which can be a problem, especially in the late-game.

Guest cheekeye

This decks taken me from 15 to 11 in a couple of hours tops doesn't seem to have anything it really cant win against for me smile.png

I found Deathwing to be too unwieldy against certain decks, those with hard removal and such, and whilst this does make is a dead card, i've also won a good portion of my games by dropping Ysera and 2 other random dragons for it. I found that 90% of the time i was able to bait out enough removal spells that opponents couldn't remove the resulting wave of Dragons.

That said, in a matchup where playing the card wouldn't be a good idea. Don't play it, keep it as an activator for other dragons as it can still serve a purpose that way.

This deck plays fairly well and i've had luck on the ladder so far. Started to stagnate a little bit so i'm looking for other options, perhaps healing removal considering the speed of current other decks on the ladder.

These decks are only templates, don't limit yourselves by the builds of others. You have a lot more luck on the ladder adapting to the meta than just simply following static builds.

Enjoyed the deck build. Wonder what more we will see in the future.

It's worth mentioning that Forbidden shaping is a good way to include high cost minions in a deck without having to muddy up your curve. So it can both work as a way to smooth out your curve in the early game (ie, give you something you can actually play), while also having the possibility of creating a high value minion when played later in the game. I think it's particularly good when played on 8 mana - where there are a lot of strong minions which don't have battlecries - Gromm, Tirion, Al'Akir, Gruul, both Ragnaros. Of course there are a few whiffs - Fossilized devilsaur, Giant Sandworm and the Boogeymonster, but IMO it is at least worth a mention.

I mean, I think I did cover pretty much exactly that.

"Forbidden Shaping is a new addition to the deck that can help to smooth out your curve when necessary. Since the deck is reliant on minion presence throughout the mid-game, missing a drop on a mid-game turn can be very detrimental to your gameplan. Forbidden Shaping allows you to always drop a minion on curve, although it is quite unreliable. It also functions to fill the gaps in your Mana curve when usually you would simply Hero Power. Since the Priest Hero Power often has no great usage on a given turn, Forbidden Shaping can fill that left over Mana more effectively."

Guest JumpyWizard

How about Scared Nightmare?

- 1 Deathwing

+1 Chillmaw

Totally fine, and probably correct. Totally willing to admit I just wanted to troll with Deathwing on day 1 :)

How about Scared Nightmare?

Not a good card. Opponent can deal with it way too easily on the turn it's played.

- 1 Deathwing

+1 Chillmaw

Totally fine, and probably correct. Totally willing to admit I just wanted to troll with Deathwing on day 1 smile.png

Deathwing actually works for me rather well. Though I included Alex as well and moved my style a bit towards control. What do you think about it?

Guest Guest

Tried this deck a few times, got completely destroyed by C'thun priest, even before they even had a chance to play their C'thun. Most of what this deck seems to offer early game loses to what C'thun decks offer. While my 3-6 dragon gets killed by shadowword death, I have no answer to a 4-2 divine shield.

Guest Angrywookiee

Took out a cabal priest to include Deathwing AND Chillmaw. Chillmaw covers you pretty well against aggro heavy decks, especially aggro Shamans, and is the main card that makes Deathwing worth it in my opinion. Against control late game, most decks don't have the resources to handle a 6/6 taunt plus whatever other dragons you've got in your hand after spending enough resources to get rid of 12 points of Deathwing. Especially funny if you happen to curator 2 extra Chillys into your hand.

Took out the other cabal priest too, they've been too situational for me in Standard, for Brann. Helps a lot with buffed up early game minions, double card draw with curators. If nothing else, he makes your opponent waste resources frantically trying to kill him not knowing he's useless with the rest of your hand.

Guest James

What would be a good replacement for Ysera?

Tried this deck a few times, got completely destroyed by C'thun priest, even before they even had a chance to play their C'thun. Most of what this deck seems to offer early game loses to what C'thun decks offer. While my 3-6 dragon gets killed by shadowword death, I have no answer to a 4-2 divine shield.

How can a Twilight Guardian die to Shadow Word: Death? Shadow Word: Death can target only minions with 5 or more attack.

The answers differ - you can double trade, you can trade + Holy Nova or you can just ignore it. It all depends on the board state.

Guest Nathan

Am I the only guy who can't play this in Standard mode? Is this some sort of glitch? Ye only deviation I made was replacing Ysera with Alextrasza

Amazing deck in the current meta. Went from rank 18 to 11 in a few hours with what must have been at least a 80% win rate. Only struggled a bit against mid range hunter and Shaman. I don't have Harrison Jones but think it might be a really good idea to include it.

Guest Pterinochilus

Lotsa battlecries. I think subbing Brann in would be a viable option. Thoughts on what to bench?

I have negative experience with Forbidden Shaping, but it is, in fact, a good filler spell. Is cutable.

IMO Brann doesn't really float the boat as he is pretty expensive to capitalize on with your already powerful curve and grinding capabilities. Also deck features no quasi-crucial interactions such as Ancient Healbot in old Reno decks or powering up your removal to muscle through popular threats. I'd say bench him instead.

Guest Pterinochilus

Given how many 'if dragon' battlecries can be amplified by him, and that the deck is quite full of soft and hard taunts he can hide behind, I'd say he has a fair chance to be utilised effectively, not to mention he can serve as soft taunt himself, and can make opponent choose between minions with additional effect to remove. Can be good for mindgames too (not the card)

Sign in to follow this