FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Face Aggro Shaman Standard

its probably too early to say but this deck works roughly as well as the wild version, im missing one hammer and one sentinel that ive substituted for lava shock and a second ancestral knowledge, but the deck seems good enough for daily play

• Like 1

Yeah this is a strong contender for best deck in Standard format in the early days for sure. 4 Mana 7/7s are just crazy.

• Like 1

Guest Seagull

Shielded Minibots are gone in Standard so comment in Strategy para. 3 is irrelevant.

How about Lava Shock in place of Eternal Sentinel?  Eternal Sentinel is surely the better value, but Lava Shock seems like a reasonable budget swap.  

• Like 1

Guest Beaveh

I only have one doomhammer. What should i replace the second one with?

How about Lava Shock in place of Eternal Sentinel?  Eternal Sentinel is surely the better value, but Lava Shock seems like a reasonable budget swap.  

Totally fine.

• Like 1

Guest durdleturtles

I'd recommend Unbound Elemental as a non-overload 3-drop to curve into flamewreathed with instead of Tuskarr.

There are many games where Elemental can snowball and just win on its own, and some of the totems you can get from Tuskarr are basically useless. 

Guest Mihaita

Hey! How are you dealing the enemy taunts. I see no silence here. Most of the matchest, you'll get with 2-3 minion on the boards and the oponent will play a high value taunt, making your minion unefficent.

The deck is big enough now that you can generally smash through your opponent's Taunts. I've won games against Druid where they've slammed two Dark Arakkoas and a Twin Emperor against me, I find it very easy to keep going through large taunts making silence seem unnecessary.

durdleturtles: Tuskarr actually got a pretty big buff in the format by Vitality Totem being removed from the format, so the likelihood of Flametongue, Mana Tide or Totem Golem is quite high, that makes it worth it for me.

• Like 1

I've had great success replacing Sir Finley with Leeroy, and one of the lava bursts with windfury. Huge burst damage potential if you can use it on a faceless or Leeroy + a rockbiter.

Guest damian

what do you think about replacing argent horserider with the 3 mana 2/1 c'thun card?

Guest Guest

i dont have leauge of explorers how do i replace tunnel troggs and finley tried leeroy any good combos with him

Guest Robbse

i dont have leauge of explorers how do i replace tunnel troggs and finley tried leeroy any good combos with him

Imho Tunnel Trogg is indispensable, as it synergizes with all overload cards = Pressure.

If I had to replace Finley, I would choose an earthshock to get an easy taunt removal on your finish.

I am not a fan of Leeroy, because I usually already finish on turn 6-7 with Rockbiter, Lavashock or Lavaburst.

Also as Leeroy is 6+ it can only function as a finisher and will dead hand, if you draw it on early turns.

Guest ThunderStormer

I just got one eternal sentinel. Any replacement suggestions? (got no brm)

I replaced it with an unbound elemental. Is that fine?

Thanos for that fun and well working deck.

I just got one eternal sentinel. Any replacement suggestions? (got no brm)

I replaced it with an unbound elemental. Is that fine?

Thanos for that fun and well working deck.

Shaman generally overloads a lot, so having a way to unlock your crystals is obligatory.

If you had brm, you could add a lava shock.

But since you dont have brm, i would recommend waiting until you have enough dust to craft the second eternal sentinel.

• Like 1

Guest Rob

Can you explain the emphasis on turn 5 doomhammer to me?

It seems like in 90% of my games turn 4 is critical for board control, I'm casting feral spirits or lightning or lava burst or faceless and those plays usually end up dealing the same or more damage than having hammer a turn earlier.

Guest fexx

Imho Tunnel Trogg is indispensable, as it synergizes with all overload cards = Pressure.

If I had to replace Finley, I would choose an earthshock to get an easy taunt removal on your finish.

I am not a fan of Leeroy, because I usually already finish on turn 6-7 with Rockbiter, Lavashock or Lavaburst.

Also as Leeroy is 6+ it can only function as a finisher and will dead hand, if you draw it on early turns.

how do i replace tunnel troggs then?

Would Stormcrack be an acceptable replacement for Flame Juggler?  Or is it better to simply use the dust to craft the Jugglers?

Would Stormcrack be an acceptable replacement for Flame Juggler?  Or is it better to simply use the dust to craft the Jugglers?

dont you have another minion to replace it? like knife juggler?

with a spell you only deal damage once but a minion can attack several turns if it survives.

Yes, I do.  I didn't think of Knife Juggler.  Just thought of looking for something with 2 mana that has overload in it.  Ill try two Knifes and see how things go.

dont you have another minion to replace it? like knife juggler?

with a spell you only deal damage once but a minion can attack several turns if it survives.

Guest Den

Hi Sottle

Wat would be the best tactic against C'Thun druid with this deck?  He hold too many 5-7 taunts, six of them ((