FORUMS
Damien

C'Thun Control Warrior Standard

Guest Goethe
17 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Not sure if I understand what you mean by "overload effect". Only shaman cards have overload and they cause you to have blocked mana crystals next turn you play the card. Example of card with overload is Lightning Storm or Feral Spirit. Do you mean C'Thun buffs?

Yeah, bad choice of word on my behalf. What I meant was the "C'Thun charge" or buff.

16 hours ago, Guest Goethe said:

Yeah, bad choice of word on my behalf. What I meant was the "C'Thun charge" or buff.

Well, then the cards relying on C'Thun's stats can be bad when you don't draw the buff cards, but when you do draw the buffs, it's really worth it to have those cards in the deck. Twin Emperor Vek'lor is basically 7 mana 8/12, Ancient Shieldbearer is Shieldmaiden with double the armor. They are just soo good that they are worth taking the risk.

Guest Goethe
On 2016-06-14 at 5:09 PM, positiv2 said:

Well, then the cards relying on C'Thun's stats can be bad when you don't draw the buff cards, but when you do draw the buffs, it's really worth it to have those cards in the deck. Twin Emperor Vek'lor is basically 7 mana 8/12, Ancient Shieldbearer is Shieldmaiden with double the armor. They are just soo good that they are worth taking the risk.

Indeed, but the deck basically crumbles if you don't draw at least 2 (out of a total 4, which are not that great odds to begin with) cards. And that's a huge flaw with this deck. Especially as there's only one "Brawl". And the synergies with the acolytes aren't that great either. If you want to guarantee >1 cards drawn you NEED "Blood To Ichor" or a 6 mana Ghoule into Acolyte, kinda expensive imo. The deck has too many weak matchups (except maybe flamewaker mages and midrange hunters kinda). And the current meta is absolutely riddled with auctioneer rogues, control priests, deathrattle paladins, C'Thun druids, handlocks etc. etc. All of which rips this deck apart.

13 minutes ago, Guest Goethe said:

And that's a huge flaw with this deck

That's a flaw of all C'thun decks. Not just this one.

15 minutes ago, Guest Goethe said:

6 mana Ghoule into Acolyte, kinda expensive imo.

It's perfectly okay to play the combo. A lot of times it is actually okay to play Acolyte of Pain without comboing it. If you want more draw, just play second Slam.

18 minutes ago, Guest Goethe said:

auctioneer rogues, control priests, deathrattle paladins, C'Thun druids, handlocks etc. etc. All of which rips this deck apart.

If you have problems against control decks, you can include Elise Starseeker. Sjow hit with Elise in C'thun warrior rank 1 legend on NA. 

Guest Goethe
1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

If you have problems against control decks, you can include Elise Starseeker. Sjow hit with Elise in C'thun warrior rank 1 legend on NA. 

I'll try that. And it's not only control decks I'm struggling with. It's not particularly good against aggro either. It works best against midrange oriented decks and is kinda mediocre to outright useless against some decks (like control priests for example). But I'll try Elise (and I might try adding a second "Brawl" too).

7 hours ago, Guest Goethe said:

And it's not only control decks I'm struggling with. It's not particularly good against aggro either.

It's very important to manage your resources well when playing against aggro. The videos showed that your resource management is rather poor, which results in many of your losses. So, it is important not to use any cards to push face damage when playing against aggro - use your resources to keep the board clear.

I'm playing this deck and even though my win rate sucks compared to Zoo Warlock or Aggro Shaman I find it more fun.

Still, Goethe, from the videos it seems that you lack patience. You play without checking all the options. It's not about the deck, it's more about brawling at the right time, using the ghoul at the right time..

And to not be the only one critiquing, here's my play ... which has some issue and I'd love some feedback.

Questions:
    1. Did I mulligan correctly? (acolyte + axe vs hunter)
    2. 0:44 I chose to Axe and not to kill Fiery Bat because I planned on hitting the second creature and using Acolyte for this one. I went against using Doomsayer as midrange hunter would have killed it + it wouldn't have bothered my opponent to wait a turn.
    3. 0:54 I think I made my first big mistake here and I'm not sure what the correct play is.
He mulliganed the companion because he probably didn't have 2's and he wanted 2 out of 3 companions to get card advantage (as I would have to use Axe + another card to get rid of 4 health).
    What were the options?
    a) Axe + execute Misha + shield up.
        It leaves a 2/1 on the board and for 4 mana I can play a Doomsayer or Acolyte + Axe + Execute next turn.
    b) Axe Misha +Doomsayer.
        He probably has a response to Acolyte so it lets my opponent decide if they want to protect a 4/1 by not hitting face and use a spell or sacrifice board+tempo. Which I guess would buy me the turn but not the board.
        I think this should have been a better play than d).
    c) Doomsayer.
        Option b) seems better as I can Axe Misha the following turn or execute it and Axe something else.
    d) Axe Misha + Acolyte.
        My move. I thought of killing Misha the following turn and killing the bat + getting 1 or 2 cards in exchange. I should have known about his weapon and that the move was useless but I still don't know which of the alternatives was better.

Also, what do you think about the deck? I found that I miss 1 more C'Thun buff in 3 out of 8 games.

Edited by vaidab
  • Like 1

Guest Calvin

To me Thaurissan should be included for two combos that cost 11 mana:

Doomcaller + Brann 

Sylvanas + Brawl

He removed the 3/6 for Thaurissan since these combos are win situations vs control decks

Guest Guest

Horrible experience with this deck, I played 7 matches with it and lost 6 of them, not good enough to hold its own during the current meta.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Horrible experience with this deck, I played 7 matches with it and lost 6 of them, not good enough to hold its own during the current meta.

Really now? Judging a deck by your inability to pilot it? What about lifecoach who won the seat story cup having it?

With this kind of mentality, you will never be a trully good player.

Advice : (if you wanna hear it) : go watch the vods of the seat story cup. Watch lifecoache's wins. You will learn something.

Edited by CodeRazor
typo

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, CodeRazor said:

Really now? Judging a deck by your inability to pilot it? What about lifecoach who won the seat story cup having it?

With this kind of mentality, you will never be a trully good player.

Advice : (if you wanna hear it) : go watch the vods of the seat story cup. Watch lifecoache's wins. You will learn something.

Good for sexcoach, I'm glad you like to use people who stream naked as an example for your case while at the same time being condescending to people online. Personally I'm very good at hearthstone despite its RNG factor (remember what they say when you assume? Makes an ass out of you), if you don't draw the perfect hand or you fail to mulligan the perfect hand then you'll automatically lose the match, I've played my other decks and have won at least 80% of my matches with ones that have proven to be superior to this one on the ladder.

Of course i will use Lifecoach as an example, cause he is a really good player, a player who likes to think all aspects of each play he makes, wants to inform his stream about it, and once again this weekend proved himself to be still viable.

Again, your argument is invalid. You just don't know how to pilot the deck. I rarely have the perfect hand with this deck and i win over 50% of my games. You point out that you are "good" and you can have 80% win rate with other decks. How does that affect your ability to play this deck? Each deck has a unique playstyle.

So, again, do not judge a deck's viability by your inability to pilot it. Maybe you are greedy when mulliganing. Maybe you do not use your removals correctly. No one said this is an easy deck to play.

PS : Knowing when someone is arrogant as fuck (cause instead of giving specific examples of why the deck is "bad", just praises himself as the "good" player and the deck as bad), does not make me ass.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CodeRazor said:

Of course i will use Lifecoach as an example, cause he is a really good player, a player who likes to think all aspects of each play he makes, wants to inform his stream about it, and once again this weekend proved himself to be still viable.

Again, your argument is invalid. You just don't know how to pilot the deck. I rarely have the perfect hand with this deck and i win over 50% of my games. You point out that you are "good" and you can have 80% win rate with other decks. How does that affect your ability to play this deck? Each deck has a unique playstyle.

So, again, do not judge a deck's viability by your inability to pilot it. Maybe you are greedy when mulliganing. Maybe you do not use your removals correctly. No one said this is an easy deck to play.

PS : Knowing when someone is arrogant as fuck (cause instead of giving specific examples of why the deck is "bad", just praises himself as the "good" player and the deck as bad), does not make me ass.

Lol, so even you admitted that you can barely crack a 50% winrate with this deck. I've noticed how you have a history of blaming the player rather than blaming the deck itself, have you ever considered the possibility that the deck just doesn't hold up? Of course not, because you're obviously too smart for that. This is a mediocre deck that isn't strong enough to hold its own in the meta, I play the deck just fine but like I said before (really shouldn't have to repeat myself here), unless you draw the perfect hand you will lose the match, there is no reason to play a deck that is that risky when there are much better ones out there. I commented to warn people that this deck doesn't hold up on the ladder, it's a fact and people deserve to know rather than someone like you telling them that "no guys, this person just sucks with the deck," you have no right to try and cover up this decks mediocrity.

Oh btw, yeah..lifecoach is totally a really good player, I'm sharing this video to reinforce that obvious fact..

@melonz

Last time i reply to you, cause im wasting my and everybody else's time.

1) As i said, it doesn't matter how you or me especially perform with a deck. As long as there are players on ladder winning a lot with this deck, or even winning tournaments with it, its not as bad as you think. If it was that bad i do not think mr Sottle would not have posted it here in the first place.

2) The fact that some decks might be easier to play or "better than this" at the current time does not make the deck bad.

3) I don't think i have a history blaming people over decks, i only blamed you and a guy who said he couldn't climb with zoo. Same arguments apply here. (next time check out my posting history carefully). Besides no one else ever complained about me in the past.

4) You keep assuming that you play the deck just fine, when even Sottle himself admits that even pros don't play Hearthstone optimally. 

5) Last but no least, you judge a pro player who just won a hearthstone cup by a missplay he made. We get it, you don't like lifecoach, that doesn't mean he is bad.

Get over it dude, if you don't like something, either that is a hearthstone deck or a hearthstone pro, that doesn't mean that he/it is bad.

• Like 1

@melonzI will try to keep it short:

• "Over 50%" goes all the way up to 100%, which I would definitely not call "barely crack 50%".
  • You say that the deck just doesn't hold up, yet I was able to win 8 out of 10 games last time I played it.
  • You say that lifecoach is bad. However, he won Seat Story Cup with that deck, ergo the deck must be INSANELY good.
  • You are mad cuz bad.

Now, please post some replays of you playing this deck so I can something that I can laugh at. Now go suck a lemon, little man. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2016 at 6:59 PM, melonz said:

Lol, so even you admitted that you can barely crack a 50% winrate with this deck. I've noticed how you have a history of blaming the player rather than blaming the deck itself, have you ever considered the possibility that the deck just doesn't hold up? Of course not, because you're obviously too smart for that. This is a mediocre deck that isn't strong enough to hold its own in the meta, I play the deck just fine but like I said before (really shouldn't have to repeat myself here), unless you draw the perfect hand you will lose the match, there is no reason to play a deck that is that risky when there are much better ones out there. I commented to warn people that this deck doesn't hold up on the ladder, it's a fact and people deserve to know rather than someone like you telling them that "no guys, this person just sucks with the deck," you have no right to try and cover up this decks mediocrity.

Oh btw, yeah..lifecoach is totally a really good player, I'm sharing this video to reinforce that obvious fact..

I bet you're way way better than him you never misplay + you have beat amaz a ton of times. I am also sure you reach top 100 legend every season and play at all the big tournaments. Too bad I don't remember seeing you in any of them.

What even is this discussion? Please, just stop.

If you want more C'Thun buffs, play one Beckoner of Evil or Crazed Worshipper, that advice is right there in the guide. Otherwise, stop being children.

• Like 1

Hi!  I'm a fairly casual player trying to make my own (cheaper) version of this deck work but I'm having a lot of problems and I'm not sure if the problem is the deck adjustments I'm using or if I'm playing it badly.  At the moment I'm struggling to win even at rank 19-20.

Cards I am missing from the deck are;  1x Shield Slam, 1x Brawl, 1x Ancient Shieldbearer, 1x C'Thuns Chosen,  Sylvanas Windrunner & Twin Emperor Vek'lor.

I've replaced these with;  1x Revenge, 1x Bash, 2x Skeram Cultist, 1x Sen'jin Shieldmaster, 1x Fen Creeper.

Are my changes reasonable?  I do own some big legendaries like Ragnaros and Chromaggus, should I try to fit one of these in instead of a Skeram Cultist perhaps?  I don't have much dust (and I'm not certain how much I want to commit to just one deck) so I'm limited in what I can use, but I do have some golden epic's that I don't use that I could potentially disenchant to get a second copy of Brawl and Shield Slam.  How important is it to have two copies of both of those?

The games I lose are typically because I fall behind on the board at around turn 5-7 and I never quite recover.

Grateful for any advice I can get!

4 hours ago, positiv2 said:

@miked1991Ragnaros the Firelord is definitely better card than Fen Creeper, and Skeram Cultist has too low value. Second Revenge and a copy of Baron Geddon or an Alley Armorsmith are better picks in current meta.

I'm running Alley Armorsmith in my N'Zoth Control Warrior and he can turn into an MVP if they have no answers for him. 

Note: My Tool Tips are not working for the new cards yet. 

On 14/12/2016 at 5:31 PM, positiv2 said:

@miked1991Ragnaros the Firelord is definitely better card than Fen Creeper, and Skeram Cultist has too low value. Second Revenge and a copy of Baron Geddon or an Alley Armorsmith are better picks in current meta.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Baron Geddon or Alley Armorsmith so I'm a bit limited with my options. (I own ~60% of the classic set but that is mostly commons, I'm missing most of the epics and legendary s still).

I've swapped Ragnaros the Firelord in to replace Fen Creeper and dropped a Skeram Cultist in favour of a second Revenge.  I'm thinking of replacing the second Skeram Cultist with an Obsidian Destroyer as I think this will be a bit harder for opponents to clear from the board?  Only thing is this leaves me with only 3 C'Thun buff cards which feels a bit weak... maybe I should just craft the second C'Thun's Chosen.

1 hour ago, miked1991 said:

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Baron Geddon or Alley Armorsmith so I'm a bit limited with my options. (I own ~60% of the classic set but that is mostly commons, I'm missing most of the epics and legendary s still).

I've swapped Ragnaros the Firelord in to replace Fen Creeper and dropped a Skeram Cultist in favour of a second Revenge.  I'm thinking of replacing the second Skeram Cultist with an Obsidian Destroyer as I think this will be a bit harder for opponents to clear from the board?  Only thing is this leaves me with only 3 C'Thun buff cards which feels a bit weak... maybe I should just craft the second C'Thun's Chosen.

You definitely should run 2 C'Thun's Chosens, so crafting one is a good idea, especially if you aren't planning on opening WotoG packs. You should start saving dust for Twin Emperor Vek'lor after you craft/find C'Thun's Chosen.

C'thun Warrior is by far my favourite deck to play. However, the current pirate face bs meta has made this deck pretty weak. If they have a decent hand and I don't have 'most' of my effective answers (Ravaging Ghoul), I get my ass kicked before I even reach 6 mana. Even fiery war axe is no longer effective on Turn 1 or 2, they still outpace me if I have no follow up answers after.

I put in 2 Blood of Ichors for 1 Doomcaller and 1 Emperor Thaurissan. Also my deck has Soggoth instead of Justicar (Ik its weaker but the point is even if I had justicar I would be dead anyway before I got to play it). Back to point; What could I use to deal with pirate aggro more effectively maybe Alley Armorsmiths or more whirlwind effects or is C'Thun warrior no longer viable in the current meta? :(

I still have no problem crushing control decks with the Doomcaller and Thaurissan combo but I just need something to handle aggro better. Please help i love playing this deck :D

Edited by Bumdwarf

@BumdwarfFrom experience, C'Thun decks have a bad time in current meta, as they get outpaced by decks containing Patches the Pirate, and get outvalued by jade decks in the late-game. This deck is in a weak spot as well and I do not recommend playing it anymore.
A few cards swaps should make your win rate against aggro decks a bit better. Revenge, second DoomsayerFierce Monkey and Alley Armorsmith are all good swaps to deal with aggro, though Revenge will weaken your win rate against jade decks.

20 hours ago, positiv2 said:

@BumdwarfFrom experience, C'Thun decks have a bad time in current meta, as they get outpaced by decks containing Patches the Pirate, and get outvalued by jade decks in the late-game. This deck is in a weak spot as well and I do not recommend playing it anymore.
A few cards swaps should make your win rate against aggro decks a bit better. Revenge, second DoomsayerFierce Monkey and Alley Armorsmith are all good swaps to deal with aggro, though Revenge will weaken your win rate against jade decks.

Thanks. What Cards should I swap out tho; my 2 blood of ichors, soggoth or what else?