FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Cheap Mage Standard

On 20.11.2016 at 1:42 AM, peekaboo said:

So played this deck for a good 4-5hrs .. It has a good match-up versus most classes except cancer shaman, zoo and dragon priests .. Reached rank 9 so far. It's awesome not having to wait for FW for that tempo turn.

Dragon Priest I would assume will always be a tough matchup, simply because it will eventually outvalue you on board or force you to use early removal and then overtake you in late game. The use of Entomb/Death also helps vs. C'thun, since you barely have any targets in the deck.

My dragon Priest sucks .. I run the same cards that Kibler runs (no Rend for me), make some changes when needed .. Most games I lose cause of really bad draw .. 

15 hours ago, peekaboo said:

My dragon Priest sucks .. I run the same cards that Kibler runs (no Rend for me), make some changes when needed .. Most games I lose cause of really bad draw .. 

It's all about ensuring you get trading value out of your dragon drops. Keeping them healed, forcing good trades or forcing early removal.

Guest Help me with replace

Hey guys, so I was able to get all of the cards in the deck except for one single Azure Drake. What should be the best replacement?

3 hours ago, Guest Help me with replace said:

Hey guys, so I was able to get all of the cards in the deck except for one single Azure Drake. What should be the best replacement?

From the more expensive options you have Brann BronzebeardTwin Emperor Vek'lorSylvanas WindrunnerRagnaros the Firelord or Bloodmage Thalnos. The cheap options are, among many others, Firelands PortalBlizzard/FlamestrikeDoomsayer or Acidic Swamp Ooze.

Guest Stonefuzz

Hi, I'm a big fan of this deck, it's fun to play with.

Do you think adding a couple Firelands Portal is an upgrade to this deck? Which cards should be removed?

Also, what MSG cards do you think might work well here? 

Cheers

47 minutes ago, Guest Stonefuzz said:

Hi, I'm a big fan of this deck, it's fun to play with.

Do you think adding a couple Firelands Portal is an upgrade to this deck? Which cards should be removed?

Also, what MSG cards do you think might work well here? 

Cheers

Sure, in place of Faceless Summoner.
MSG was a weak expansion for C'thun decks. You can try Second-Rate Bruiser, which is the only card that can work in this low budget deck. Once you get Twin Emperor Vek'lor, you can include him and one copy of Manic Soulcaster.

Guest Skydra

Just a correction, the article implies that Firelands Portal can only be obtained by purchasing the expansion. Firelands Portal could be included in this list at no cost to the budget deckbuilder, since you can obtain it for free by defeating the introductory Karazhan mission that is available even to players that did not purchase One Night in Karazhan.

Guest Rj2dj

Am i doing something wrong - i built this deck but it says it is only playable in Wild. How can i tell which cards are the problem?

3 minutes ago, Guest Rj2dj said:

Am i doing something wrong - i built this deck but it says it is only playable in Wild. How can i tell which cards are the problem?

Convert the deck to Standard and the game will let you know which cards are not supposed to be there. 

Guest Rj2dj

Thank you - I converted the deck and no cards changed, but it became playable. Really odd!

2 minutes ago, Guest Rj2dj said:

Thank you - I converted the deck and no cards changed, but it became playable. Really odd!

Yeah that is odd. Glad it all got sorted out though. :) 

1 hour ago, Guest Rj2dj said:

In order to even be able to add wild cards, the deck needs to be in wild first. You have probably created it with wild collection on, or after opening a wild deck in your collection. Make sure to pay attention to the decks' playmode when creating them.

Guest Croodles

Were the dust costs increased? Some of these cards 800 dust alone!

48 minutes ago, Guest Croodles said:

Were the dust costs increased? Some of these cards 800 dust alone!

Are you looking at a golden rare because that is the only card that cost 800 dust. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, trullbus said:

I'm sure this isn't top priority rn with the new set just released, but with TOG rotated out, this is no longer a standard list.

Hey, I added this onto our to-do list. As you say, this isn't our top priority right now with new expansion just released. but we'll try to get the Cheap deck up-to-date as soon as we have enough Boomsday decks. 

WOTG is no longer available, so the freebies no longer exist,It doesn't look like they can be crafted either.

A new  cheap mage deck needs to be created and shown for new players.

I'm guessing this may well be the case for the other types, cheap Shaman or Warrior etc.

especially if the decks were put together 2 years ago!

Edited by Sleete
Found that cards not available