FORUMS
Damien

Anyone watching the Euro?

Is anyone here watching the European Football Championships? I know we have many Europeans around, so there has to be a few of them interested in the tournament :p Awesome Belgium / Italy match coming up today, the first big clash.

Aye! I've seen almost all games so far. Most games have been very enjoyable so far and plenty of exciting moments already.

Don't get your hopes up too much for the Belgium game though. Belgium will go for a possession-based 4-3-3 against an Italy that will be sitting back, looking to score on the counter. I expect a total borefest either ending 0-0 or 1-0 for whomever gets luckiest.

Before that, we have Sweden playing. Hopefully Ibrahimovic will play well and score some cool goals :p

I don't have too high hopes for Sweden. Sure there's Ibra, but just about everything behind him is mediocre at best. Granted so is Ireland so today's game should be good at least :P

I don't think I can stand watching this second half. We (Belgium) are playing/set up just as useless as I expected Wilmots to do. Utterly incompetent manager wasting a very talented generation.

@PaasHaaS Not even Ibra was good in the Sweden game :p Let me turn on Belgium vs Italy. My Internet died on Saturday, so I have to watch everything using mobile tethering...

Naah I'm only watching the Polish games which are free, because here in Poland some douche bought the rights for the Euro matches and you have to pay extra for watching the other games : / I hope our team will get out of their group, this will still be a good result looking at our team for the last 20-30 years :P

Watching streams on my laptop wouldn't be too fun

45 minutes ago, Dvanom said:

Naah I'm only watching the Polish games which are free, because here in Poland some douche bought the rights for the Euro matches and you have to pay extra for watching the other games : / I hope our team will get out of their group, this will still be a good result looking at our team for the last 20-30 years :P

Watching streams on my laptop wouldn't be too fun

It's the same here in France. We have 3 different channels that bought the rights including one who is paying. 

23 minutes ago, Damien said:

Looks like it's just you and me @PaasHaaS :(

Looks like it yeah. Can't say they've missed much so far today :p Expected so much more of Austria.

Even though I've tried to avoid the Euro completely, Hungary has just won against Austria and my Facebook wall is full with the Euro posts.. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oltier said:

Even though I've tried to avoid the Euro completely, Hungary has just won against Austria and my Facebook wall is full with the Euro posts.. :D

Viktor Orbán must be delighted! On a funny note, I've seen that one of the goal scorers for Hungary  is named Zoltan. Made me think of you :P

11 hours ago, Damien said:

Viktor Orbán must be delighted! On a funny note, I've seen that one of the goal scorers for Hungary  is named Zoltan. Made me think of you :P

Well, it's a very common name in Hungary. :)

Yes, Orbán is most delighted, now the whole country can see how much the stadiums are worth! And actually the whole country is really proud, fans occupied the great avenue. You can see pictures here in this Hungarian journal :)

http://galeria.index.hu/sport/futball/2016/eb/2016/06/14/utcai_karneval_a_magyar_gyozelem_utan/

I'll add some more opinion a little bit later, but I've got to go now :D

Looks like the victory against the Austrian neighbour is really being appreciated :p

1 hour ago, Damien said:

@Stan Happy about Slovakia's win over Russia?

Our football team is even worse than our hockey team, so I don't rather watch it :D

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Our football team is even worse than our hockey team, so I don't rather watch it :D

Yeah, we kept all of the good hockey players :P Good luck against England next week anyway, I might even give it a watch myself

Meanwhile at the euros ... Portugal still haven't won a game inside 90 minutes, but happily keep on trucking towards that final.

Belgium playing today against Wales with a very depleted defense; no Vertonghen or Vermaelen (+ no Kompany, Lombaerts) which is not filling me wiht much confidence. I'm hoping our attacking wealth can overcome our poor defense and managerial shortcomings.