FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

7.0 PTR Warlock Logs

Alright guys, going to start keeping track of stuff for 7.0 performance.  Bring some logs (or screenshots) of your DPS and your talent build, item level, and trinkets used.  We can use this to try to see how DPS will perform going into pre-patch and final tuning.  Give some input as to HOW you played so we can gather more data.

The way I lay out talents is first column is 1, second column is 2, third column is 3, and if there is an X, it means that row doesn't factor into DPS.

I'll start.  DISCLAIMER: I did this very dry without optimization for 3 minutes each parse.  Play wasn't perfect, but it was close.  Procs, RNG, and other things be damned - didn't analyze on a large scale.  All done with a 741 item level.

1. Affliction single target - 79,750 - Class/DSI trinkets - 22xxx21 talents
  2. Destruction single target - 55,150 - Class/DSI trinkets - 11x1x23 talents
  3. Destruction 2 target - 93,826 - Class/DSI trinkets - 11x1x21 talents
  4. Demonology single target - 69,717 - Class/DSI trinkets - 12x1x23 talents
  5. Demonology single target - 79,213 - Class/DSI trinkets - 12x1x13

With Affliction, I went with Soul Effigy and Absolute Corruption as the actual play style changes.  Agony ramping up twice as high requires ABSOLUTE control and making sure this doesn't fall off.  Apply UA as Soul Shards come in.  Of course, use Felpuppy and Service:Felpuppy as much as possible.

With Destruction ST, I took Soul Conduit.  Haven't played with Channel Doomfire yet just because of a lack of time.  Spec plays identically to how it is used currently, so just play as you have.  

With Destruction 2T, Wreak Havoc literally doubles your DPS.  All you have to do is track Havoc and reapply it every 20 seconds.  Reapply Immolate to primary target after using Havoc.  Enjoy watching all of your stuff get literally doubled.  I only tested Destruction 2T because its ST was so bad.  

With Demonology, I made some errors with Soul Shard balancing mostly capping a lot with Soul Conduit.  Don't even know if that's the optimal talent for ST, but because the tier is currently only working with Shadow Bolt, we can't use Demonbolt.  Basic principle is summon Demonic Empowerment if pets aren't empowered > Dreadstalkers > Hand of Gul'dan with 4 Shards > Shadow Bolt with this build.  As the caster, you have three sources of damage - HoG, SB, and Doom.  For this parse, I did 19.6% while my pets did 80.4%.  Wild Imps - 24.6%, Felguard - 16.3%, 4pc bonus - 12.9%, Dreadstalkers - 11.8%, Doomguard - 5.0%.  (yes he sucks).

I will test more as the week/PTR goes on, but I want input from lots of people.  Even if you have a garbage item level, get some data in here and I'll compile it all.

• Like 1

One thing that might be worth mentioning is whether or not you used the legendary ring and/or other big cooldowns.

Hello all, 

I did some testing at the dummy in my garrison on PTR, only did Afflic and Demo so far. The 2 set for demo is bugged I believe. But anyways I took screenshots of my tests and all my tests were between 5 mins to 5 mins and 10 seconds. My Warlock Jáyros on Thrall, is 728, 4 set, class trinket and DSI being used. I didn't switch anything in between specs and tests just talents. For Demo i peaked at 81k-82k. 

For Afflic my rotation was pretty simple, Dropped Soul Effigy, and I start by putting my DoTs in the following order. Agony > Corruption > Siphon Life. Once my soul shards got to 4th I began to refresh my Agony and Siphon Life on both Target Dummy and Soul Effigy, by the time I was finished my 5th soul shard was coming up and I switched back to my primary target and dumped with UA. I would get between 6-7 UA casts back to back for dump phase. After that went back to maintaining DoTs until soul shards racked up.

For Demo I started off casting Demonic Empowerment > Doom > Free SB > Call Dreadstalkers > SBx4 (Depending how lucky I got with RNG with Shards) > HoG. I prioritized HoG over Dreadstalkers if I was about to cap on shards. Even if Dreadstalker was coming off CD and I was about to cap. As you will see in the breakdown of damaging spells, my Imps did a hell of a lot more damage then the dreadstalkers. 

Hopefully this helps.

WoWScrnShot_062016_200110.jpg

WoWScrnShot_062016_200152.jpg

WoWScrnShot_062016_201232.jpg

WoWScrnShot_062016_200348.jpg

WoWScrnShot_062016_202128.jpg

WoWScrnShot_062016_202133.jpg

3 hours ago, Orthios said:

One thing that might be worth mentioning is whether or not you used the legendary ring and/or other big cooldowns.

No ring.  Warlocks don't have CD's anymore.  Calling the Doomguard a CD is laughable.  

Well, Jayros, taught me something - didn't read Siphon Life because I'm so used to it doing what it used to do.  My Affliction parse woulda been higher had I known this did damage...I am ashamed.  First time touching new Affliction, so I'll give myself one pass.  Thanks for your data!

Interesting with your Demo parse - I'll have to see if the permanent Doomguard is as good as it looks in your data.

Jayros - 728 ilvl - 4pc - DSI/class trinket

1. Affliction single target - 76,100 - DSI/Class trinkets - 22x1x21 Talents (Service)
  2. Affliction single target - 76,900 - DSI/Class trinkets - 22x1x211 Talents (Supremacy)
  3. Demonology single target - 79,200 - DSI/Class trinkets - 12x1x13 Talents (Supremacy)

I just did a Demo test with Supremacy and got 79.2k DPS.  My breakdown was this...

1. Doomguard - 26,538 DPS (31.5%)
  2. Wild Imps - 21,257 DPS (25.2%)
  3. Me - 13,162 DPS (16.6%)
  4. Hellhounds - 9,456 DPS (11.0%)
  5. Dreadstalkers - 11,584 DPS (10.2%)
  6. Satyr - 5,470 DPS (5.4%)

Your breakdown was...

1. Doomguard (30.6%)
  2. Wild Imps (26.3%)
  3. You (15.4%)
  4. Hellhounds (11.5%)
  5. Dreadstalkers (10.5%)
  6. Satyr (5.9%)

I can't tell if you outplayed the shit out of me or if you had better RNG.  It's almost 1am - must solve puzzle.  Here goes another test...

I don't know, my Demo numbers could be a bit inflated due to HoG hitting both the DPS target dummy, and Tank target dummy and applying Doom on both. i will have to check on that. What did you take for talents ? Might be a stupid question since the level 100 talent you can only take Soul Conduit since Demonbolt is not working with Tier 18 two set.

Edited by Jayros

Just check, and it does apply Doom and hit both Tank and DPS target dummy with HoG. Will have to find a DPS target dummy that is not around others and not low level.

17 minutes ago, Jayros said:

Just check, and it does apply Doom and hit both Tank and DPS target dummy with HoG. Will have to find a DPS target dummy that is not around others and not low level.

Jáyros

Sïnistër - US- Thrall

Edited by Jayros

Ok so I did some more testing with a DPS target dummy in Silvermoon where it is not near other dummies and wouldn't give inflated or false numbers. I was only able to peak between 73k-74k on it. Since the Tank target dummy was also getting the Doom application it was giving me a shard whenever it did damage which helped me get more shards to spend, as well as dealing its own damage on the Tank target dummy. 

WoWScrnShot_062116_122034.jpg

WoWScrnShot_062116_122040.jpg

WoWScrnShot_062116_124144.jpg

WoWScrnShot_062116_124148.jpg

I did 8 3 minute tests last night.  My DPS varied as Demo from 70k to 81k doing the exact same thing.  4pc DPS bonus is pretty wonky right now.  Not sure it'll change.  I'll be doing some new tests tonight.  Looks like warcraftlogs will log new stuff so I'll be gathering metrics that way.

Yeah, I hope they do change 4 set to allow demonbolt to work, because that would just be silly of blizzard to completely take out a talents usefulness. And I tried to get my warcraftlogs to log it, but it wasn't allowing me to do so for personal logs not sure why.

ok so ive been scratching my head for a week with the hand of doom talent i think it needs to be said that it deals damage when it is refreshed by the talent. my dps increased 20 k by taking this talent. about two minutes on the dummy i came in at 60k with the same talent selection you were using. (doom hit three targets btw) super excited to try raiding in demo again.

12 hours ago, marbel said:

ok so ive been scratching my head for a week with the hand of doom talent i think It needs to be said that it deals damage when it is refreshed by the talent. my dps increased 20 k by taking this talent.

What did you mean by this ? That Doom is "forced ticked" when it is refreshed by Hand of Doom talent ?

Edited by Jayros

On 23/06/2016 at 10:54 AM, marbel said:

ok so ive been scratching my head for a week with the hand of doom talent i think it needs to be said that it deals damage when it is refreshed by the talent. my dps increased 20 k by taking this talent. about two minutes on the dummy i came in at 60k with the same talent selection you were using. (doom hit three targets btw) super excited to try raiding in demo again.

Were you attacking a clump of target dummies and having multiple Dooms rolling?

I am a huge demo fan. I really want to take demo into legion but to me the spec does not feel very fluid. Affliction to me plays a lot more smoother at the moment.

I did some target testing on the single target ?? dummy in stormwind and the best I got was about 74K running 12x1x13 for about 3mins. I am running class trink/DSI and ilvl 736. To me this feels a lot lower than the numbers you guys are getting for your runs.

I still feel very wonky with the rotation. Especially testing mythic dungeons. Currently I use doom,dreadstalker on CD, HoG on ever 4 shards, SB filler. Demonic empowerment after each summon.

Demonic Empowerment feels too good not to use after each summon. Is this what everyone else does?

Interested if folks have tried the beta Ask Mr Robot Sim yet? http://beta.askmrrobot.com

Good write up on the background of it here and a demo of the tool being used on YouTube

I've uploaded my PTR toon onto the tool and ran sims and found it quite interesting. Change some Talents for single target and you get 10k or less damage. Anyway, just wondering if anyone is using this yet. 

12 hours ago, Shubert said:

I am a huge demo fan. I really want to take demo into legion but to me the spec does not feel very fluid. Affliction to me plays a lot more smoother at the moment.

I did some target testing on the single target ?? dummy in stormwind and the best I got was about 74K running 12x1x13 for about 3mins. I am running class trink/DSI and ilvl 736. To me this feels a lot lower than the numbers you guys are getting for your runs.

I still feel very wonky with the rotation. Especially testing mythic dungeons. Currently I use doom,dreadstalker on CD, HoG on ever 4 shards, SB filler. Demonic empowerment after each summon.

Demonic Empowerment feels too good not to use after each summon. Is this what everyone else does?

I believe everyone's DPS is lower in PTR then it is on Live right now, tuning is still happening, plus Demonbolt doesn't even work with our 2 set at the moment. The wonky feeling of the rotation will go away with time playing and probably with your artifact weapon and talents in it. It definitely does not feel like a very brusty spec. I'm also wonder if the Wild Imps damage from Improved Dreadstalkers talent count toward Wild Imps from HoG or to Dreadstalkers. It also seems that in situations where you are about to get 4 shards and your Dreadstalkers are coming off cooldown to prioritize HoG for Imps over Dreadstalkers. And to answer your question about Demonic Empowerment after each summons, I do it. Buffs your new and current demons and its a free SB/DB to get a quick shard. 

Would love to see what others think.

So, I'll be honest, I've always played affliction and am most comfortable with that spec. I can "do" destro and, if you gave me some time, I might get used to Demo (never really cared for it), so I'm not going to test those out. But on PTR I was doing way more damage than live, about 30-40k more... Although now that I'm typing this, I'm comparing sitting at a dummy to movement/add fights in HFC, so maybe not very accurate. I do know I was getting 90-100k-ish dps as affliction with my current gear at ilvl 717 on PTR, picking some "this makes sense" talents (did not pop ring, but I do have the 4-piece tier bonus). However, I just saw this post and have raid in about 30 minutes, so I dunno if I'll be able to post screen shots and exact numbers before, but I will be able to after.

I have to say in my personal humble opinion that I'm not really digging the changes to demo in this initial look.  Things may change over time, but right now it seems meh.  Meta was fun since it gave us some utility (i.e., move while casting or choosing our burst).   It does feel clunky, summon demons, buff demons filler and repeat and the artifact traits are not that interesting.  I think blizz could have given us some cooler demons to summon instead of dreadstalkers and imps since they gave the meta to DH's.  

The last time i played was on Alpha...does aff still feel horribly clunky to play? i never played destro as it wasnt ready yet, but i loved demo and it seemed the best at the time. It was way for powerful than aff on early alpha. It did however feel like a management nightmare...but still fun...maybe not so much in a raid setting where you have a ton of other things to pay attention to. 

Im just not thrilled with how locks are looking. Ill stick with one though because i always have. I also heard they stripped a lot of the visuals and people are saying that locks are the "most visually boring class" now.

On 6/21/2016 at 0:28 AM, Zagam said:

No ring.  Warlocks don't have CD's anymore.  Calling the Doomguard a CD is laughable.  

do any classes have CD's? or did they just take something else from us because fuck locks lol.

Ok so here's what I found out:
On live, versus a dummy (talented into GoSac) I run ~50k dps, self buff and poped CD both times back to back for a good 5 minute stretch, but didn't pop ring.
On PTR, versus a dummy (talented into GoSup - Doomguard summoned) I run 45k dps, no CDs, and I didn't pop ring either.
On PTR, versus a dummy (talented into GoSac) I run ~65k dps, no CDs, and I didn't pop ring either.

Now, I have no idea why I thought I was doing 90k dps.. maybe I was confusing it with beta since I have the artifact weapon? But even so, it was definitely a nice dps increase from live.

I mainly spec'd 3-1-1-1-2-3-3 on beta, I chose Soul Conduit on the last tier because I liked being able to have UA up all the time and that with my 4 piece makes it easy to do. Soul Effigy might be better for boss fights and etc..., but it's too much when you're just lvling and questing.

12 hours ago, vaeevictiss said:

do any classes have CD's? or did they just take something else from us because fuck locks lol.

You can talent into Soul Harvest which is your 2 min CD.