FORUMS
Damien

Tempo Mage Deck List

37 minutes ago, BuckNaked said:

Suggestion for Burgly Bully replacement?  I was thinking a 2nd Mana Bind.

I wouldn't recommend another Secret as they are generally worth less than their Mana Cost,  the ones currently in the deck are there to enable Arcanologists to give good value.

Try Flamestrike, Mirror Image or Cabalists Tome instead.

I wouldn't recommend another Secret as they are generally worth less than their Mana Cost,  the ones currently in the deck are there to enable Arcanologists to give good value.

Try Flamestrike, Mirror Image or Cabalists Tome instead.

I'd run a Counterspell to improve your winrate against quest rogues. If you don't feel like you need to play the tech card, you can go for Flamestrike.

Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll play around and see what works. 

Guest Radek

Right now, in this form deck is unplayable. I've played about 40 games with it and lost about 30. Somehow, curve is not working. Almost every aggro deck will crash you, and right now most decks are aggro. Mana Wyrm 's are too easy to kill, so even if you are lucky with mulligan, you dont have early game. Arcane Missiles can hit face 3 times and they will be. There is need for more spell damage buff or smthn. Maybe Cult SorcererFrostbolt 's are too powerfull for killing minions like Patches the Pirate, Fire Fly, Jeweled Macaw or Alleycat, so you will be propably ping such minions with your hero power, and just skipping your early turns. Because of aggro dominated meta, you cant get value with such cards like Mirror Entity too. I would recomend to change it for Ice Block, or second Mana Bind maybe. Furthermore, there is serious problem with lack of board clear. most of times you will be searching for it with Primordial Glyph, so you definitely should just swap some Flamestrike it for Babbling Book

IMO Elemental tempo is way more funnier to play, its cheaper and it just works better. I crafted it and finally started to win with mage class.  

7 hours ago, Guest Radek said:

Arcane Missiles can hit face 3 times and they will be.

Sadly that's just luck. However, it will even itself out over time.

There is need for more spell damage buff or smthn. Maybe Cult Sorcerer?

Sure, it's a solid minion.

Frostbolt 's are too powerfull for killing minions like Patches the Pirate, Fire Fly, Jeweled Macaw or Alleycat, so you will be propably ping such minions with your hero power, and just skipping your early turns.

Hero power costs the same amount of mana as Frostbolt, so I don't really get what you're trying to say here. Also, you forgot one thing - you can simply ignore these minions if you have better plays. You play your stuff and let them do the same.

I would recomend to change it for Ice Block

Maybe aggro freeze will work out for you better then?

Furthermore, there is serious problem with lack of board clear. most of times you will be searching for it with Primordial Glyph, so you definitely should just swap some Flamestrike it for Babbling Book

Yeah, so the guide suggests. I would personally swap the Flamestrike in for the Mirror Entity because it is an anti-control/midrange card.

First off, thanks for posting this deck!

I just started playing Hearthstone about 4 weeks ago and came across this deck after I did the solo adventure and got Barnes. I made a few changes due to limited resources but I have been having great success with this deck. Just hit rank 15 and I'm probably like 15-5 so far. A few lucky wins and a few bad losses but overall I really like the deck. Here are the changes I have made.

Arcane giant for a water elemental.( I found I could often play the giant for 3 or less mana due to the high level of spells I was using and he was a big board presense.

loot hoarder for blood ledgendary.($)

ice barrier for mana bind.(originally didn't have one but I think I'll try it out given all the suggestions for quest rogue).

medivh for archeologist.(seems I can get him on the board late game and the benefit of the extra minions causes great distraction to opponent while I'm burning them with spells)

primordial drake for burgly.(cost and against Aggro if I can make it alive to 8 has been a game changer).

I welcome any and all input to make this a better deck. Thanks!

20 hours ago, Dontfeedafter12 said:

First off, thanks for posting this deck! I just started playing Hearthstone about 4 weeks ago

Welcome to the community and we are happy to hear that you like it. :D Now on to the deck.............

Arcane giant for a water elemental.( I found I could often play the giant for 3 or less mana due to the high level of spells I was using and he was a big board presense.

I would keep the Water Elemental's due to their bodies, effect against weapon classes and the ability to be played on curve. Even though you can get Arcane Giant's cost down to three he can't be played as early as Water Elemental. If you do want to include Arcane Giant you can cut the Babbling Books.

loot hoarder for blood ledgendary.($)!

That is a decent enough swap. You could also consider Kobold Geomancer for the spell power but either or is good though. 

ice barrier for mana bind.(originally didn't have one but I think I'll try it out given all the suggestions for quest rogue).

I would either run the Mana Bind or Counterspell instead of Ice Barrier

medivh for archeologist.(seems I can get him on the board late game and the benefit of the extra minions causes great distraction to opponent while I'm burning them with spells)

You really don't want to take  Arcanologist, she has a great early game board presence and she also draws a card. Medivh, the Guardian is a fantastic card but there isn't enough to really benefit from his weapon. He does shine is some decks, just not this one. 

primordial drake for burgly.(cost and against Aggro if I can make it alive to 8 has been a game changer).

Honestly if you want good AoE then run either Flamestrike or Blizzard. They are cheaper than Primordial Drake and they hit the opponent, not you. :P You are also going to want to keep Burgly Bully. He is a good body and combos well with Archmage Antonidas and the Arcane Giants if you chose to include them. 

THanks for the feedback Kingme. I'll try some of those out! I definitely need more AOE because I have ran into basically nothing but aggro hunters at level 15. Same deck over and over. Not having much luck with current deck. 

4 hours ago, Dontfeedafter12 said:

THanks for the feedback Kingme. I'll try some of those out! I definitely need more AOE because I have ran into basically nothing but aggro hunters at level 15. Same deck over and over. Not having much luck with current deck. 

Sure thing, hope it helps. :)