FORUMS
Damien

Tempo Rogue Standard No BrM/LoE/Kara

Guest BlueSheep

Interesting deck, considering that most cards are common and all cards are craft-able this might actually be new player friendly.

I'm running -1 Loot +1 Thalnos, -1 Inventor +1 leeroy. The deck seems to work against aggro shaman but I'm having a lot of trouble with warrior and priest, I thought it would lose really hard against druid with all the taunts but so far it seems that they just get out tempo'ed really hard especially if I got sap in hand.

If it were just the fact that you had to attack every turn when you have the Swarmer on the board, OK, I could live with that. But it also dictates the order of your attacks. Want to clear the Spirit Wolf with your Swarmer, then clear the Abusive Sergeant hiding behind it with your dagger? Sorry, no can do.

Unearthed Raptor seems like an obvious substitute with 2 Hucksters and 2 Hoarders in the deck. If I figure that on average 1 of my 2 Raptors can draw me a card, this allows me to replace one of the Gnomish Inventors with a more powerful 4-drop such as a second Dark Iron Dwarf. Seems like all-around improvement to me.

Personally I replaced the other Gnomish with a second Fan of Knives, but if I hadn't I would be wondering whether Cult Master mightn't be a better fit for this deck.

@BlueSheepCW is truly a bad matchup, but it still can be won if you make sure you don't overextend because of whirlwind effects and Brawl.

@mgoetzeAbout Cult Master, you want to keep up the pressure with aggressive cards and start drawing in the late-game, but that's where you don't want to trade. So, you shouldn't play her early because she is too weak, and not trading in the late-game doesn't allow you to draw cards from her.

5 hours ago, Guest ghhuhuuhiuih said:

Is swarmer must have here?

No, Unearthed Raptor is better anyway, as I wrote above. ;)

1 hour ago, mgoetze said:

Unearthed Raptor is better anyway, as I wrote above. ;)

4 cards - 2 card draws, 2 subpar card draws, and you want to include Unearthed Raptor for them. A lot of times you will have to drop it without copying deathrattle, and even when you manage to copy the deathrattle, it isn't good enough to make it "pay" for the times you don't copy anything.
So, I am now watching Sottle's VOD of this deck, and he gets more value from Silithid Swarmer than he would get from Unearthed Raptor, so even in high ranks, Silithid Swarmer seems better.

10 hours ago, positiv2 said:

4 cards - 2 card draws, 2 subpar card draws, and you want to include Unearthed Raptor for them. A lot of times you will have to drop it without copying deathrattle, and even when you manage to copy the deathrattle, it isn't good enough to make it "pay" for the times you don't copy anything.
So, I am now watching Sottle's VOD of this deck, and he gets more value from Silithid Swarmer than he would get from Unearthed Raptor, so even in high ranks, Silithid Swarmer seems better.

No, I want to include Unearthed Raptor because it's a 3/4 that can attack whenever I want in any order I want. The fact that it can sometimes copy a Deathrattle - and in my experience it's not that rare - is just a bonus. I would also consider Harvest Golem or Twilight Elder over Silithid Swarmer.

I watched some of Sottle's VOD also. It is of course hard to tell without seeing the other player's hand, but I felt like a 3/4 would often have done just as well as a 3/5.

The extra health often proved itself very handy at times, and the drawback of having to attack each turn before the swarmer didn't seem that severe either. However, if one includes Deadly Poison or faces ramp druids, then a different card would be better than Silithid Swarmer, but in current meta with this specific build, I think that Silithid Swarmer is a good card.

looked at this deck today and started to really like it because it looks like a  rogue arena draft ..and since rogues in arena are all about tempo i was curious about 2 cards that came to my mind as an inclusion but cant tell how much they can either affect the strategy of the deck or might be aiding it slightly ..the 2 cards are Undercity Valiant  and Shado-Pan Rider . will appreciate some explanation if i was going to include any of the 2 cards and how they will affect the construction of the deck  ..thanks in advance 

6 hours ago, positiv2 said:

@PancakeMonkShado-Pan Rider is rather expensive and does not help you with tempo (that much) or card draw, and therefore is not important for the deck in any way. Undercity Valiant's ability is too weak, but can be used as a budget swap if you lack any card in the deck.

totally agree specially for shado-pan rider ..for his cost in this deck strategy you are usually finishing the game and dont need more staying power and rather trying to find the burst damage to kill your opponent and for the undercity valiant  he is a more expensive Flame Juggler with no point of extending for a combo while you are looking for board dominance ..the idea to put the 2 cards above came before trying out the deck and i can almost guarantee that they will be just terrible to include n this deck ..thanks for your reply man ^^) 

Guest Baba

Hi, I just started testing out jeweled scarab in this deck and its amazing! I love getting Perditionsblade or other extra burst and almost everytime when played on turn 2 you will have a turn 3 play, try it out and tell me what u think =)

I tried Scarab and Novice and found them to just not quite be good enough.

Regarding all the discussion about Raptor above, that change is definitely viable. I do prefer the Swarmer, I think it's a really high skill-cap card though and takes a lot of work to get right, but Raptor is definitely not much weaker at all. This deck in the exact form posted is the deck I used to get Legend on EU this Season and I had a 70%+ winrate on the climb.

• Like 1

Guest wrx

I'm a newish player so I don't have Silithid, Raptor and DI Dwarf. What are some decent replacements for those cards that would help me get to rank 15? I have the first wings of LoE and BrM if it matters.

4 hours ago, Guest wrx said:

I'm a newish player so I don't have Silithid, Raptor and DI Dwarf. What are some decent replacements for those cards that would help me get to rank 15? I have the first wings of LoE and BrM if it matters.

You can try second Fan of Knives (against flood decks), Deadly Poisons or Abusive Sergeants. 

Guest Volare

A very nice deck, I like it a lot!How do you suggest to deal with big targets,for example - C,thun?

You have to pressure enough to win before C'Thun, Rogue in general just can't really deal with it without playing bad cards like Assassinate.

Recently, my Huckster picked up a Charged Hammer. An awesome card for this deck - good thing I wasn't playing Silithid Swarmer, though. ;)

Guest kabutozero

deck is working really nice , I added leeroy instead of 1 argent commander , is it a good switch or should  inventor be removed ? to me she's doing a very nice work as it's a good durable target for  cold blood and the draw keeps the deck fluid

11 hours ago, Guest kabutozero said:

deck is working really nice , I added leeroy instead of 1 argent commander , is it a good switch or should  inventor be removed ? to me she's doing a very nice work as it's a good durable target for  cold blood and the draw keeps the deck fluid

Remove the Gnomish Inventor instead. The problem with switching an Argent Commander for Leeroy Jenkins is that you switch out one of the deck's most versatile cards for a pure finisher. Removing a single of the seven card draw effects (nine if you include Undercity Huckster) is better than removing one of the two "I need that minion dead NOW!" tempo swing cards. And sending good ole Leeroy to careen into a minion is a desperation measure, since he wil almost always die and he grants your opponent two Black Whelps he can immediately put to good use against you.

• Like 1