Damien

Balance Druid 7.2.5

206 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Balance Druid guide for Legion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Builds and Talents, the guide recommends not taking blessing of the ancients, because despite being very strong, it has no synergy with fury of elune, which you are unlikely to skip. Guide moves on to tell you to skip fury of elune because it's suboptimal at level 100. It's like the guide can't decide if it's for prepatch or Legion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Rotation page guide skips Stellar Flare, even though on Talents page, it recommends using it over Incarnation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently Cyous is saying he never reviewed anything for you. 

Quote

For the record, I have not reviewed anything for Icy-Veins for Legion content.

But I can say that some of their info is incorrect at this time. Stellar Flare seems absent from the guide as well, even though it's our best available talent for lvl100.

Whats the deal with labeling him in the opening?

Also there are some inconsistencies in the guide overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Guest Justsayin said:

In Builds and Talents, the guide recommends not taking blessing of the ancients, because despite being very strong, it has no synergy with fury of elune, which you are unlikely to skip. Guide moves on to tell you to skip fury of elune because it's suboptimal at level 100. It's like the guide can't decide if it's for prepatch or Legion.

There was a bit of a mix-up there between Gapezilla and I. Indeed, Fury of Elune is suboptimal at 100 and shouldn't be used, and neither should Astral Communion due to this fact. Blessing of the Ancients is the recommended choice there, and the guide should now be fixed in this respect.

4 hours ago, Guest Atraac said:

On Rotation page guide skips Stellar Flare, even though on Talents page, it recommends using it over Incarnation.

This was an oversight on our part, the issue should now be addressed.

1 hour ago, Guest Kylis said:

So apparently Cyous is saying he never reviewed anything for you. 

Whats the deal with labeling him in the opening?

Also there are some inconsistencies in the guide overall.

Regarding Cyous, I must apologize. There is a miscommunication to blame and I can absolutely confirm he did not review this version of the guide. As for the inconsistencies (other than the 2 mentioned above), I would love to know what they are so I can fix the issues.

 

I want to thank all of you for your prompt comments. It is much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused by the single target rotation as the current information regarding the rotation and empowerments seems contradictory:

 

  • Use Solar Wrath Icon Solar Wrath to generate Astral Power.
    • If there is more than 1 target present, use Lunar Strike Icon Lunar Strike instead.

 

 

If Lunar Empowerment and Solar Empowerment should never be capped, does this mean Lunar Strike should be cast to use the Lunar Empowerment even if there is only 1 target?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Guest Vernal Lion said:

I'm confused by the single target rotation as the current information regarding the rotation and empowerments seems contradictory:

 

  • Use Solar Wrath Icon Solar Wrath to generate Astral Power.
    • If there is more than 1 target present, use Lunar Strike Icon Lunar Strike instead.

 

 

If Lunar Empowerment and Solar Empowerment should never be capped, does this mean Lunar Strike should be cast to use the Lunar Empowerment even if there is only 1 target?  

That is correct. An empowered Lunar Strike is more DPET than an unempowered Wrath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no specific problem with capping Empowerments at 3, other than possibly capping Astral Power, but do not use Starsurge if you have 3 stacks of either Empowerment or you will overwrite. I'm sure there will be some question about whether to save up Empowerments before using your cooldowns; I'll have to test it out, but my inclination is, the cooldown lasts long enough that delaying usage in the opener will cause more harm than good. For sure, if you are coming up to the second usage, save your Empowerment stacks before CA/Inc is available.

Edited by Tarazet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The build suggestion is just flat out wrong.

Stellar Flare may "look" good on paper regarding the math but it DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to performing near Incarnation or Soul of the Forest - I know a certain math want-a-be will try hard to shoot this fact down but live logs don't lie. 

Furthermore, Astral Communion is far better at allowing your rotation to have some flexibility when it comes to burst phases (i.e. pull, ring, lust).  While it doesn't generate as much resource as Blessing of the Ancients, this flexibility is a MUST - again refer to live logs.  Resource generation is NOT a problem anyways. Shooting Stars provides the most resource generation at 3+ mobs (2 if there is any movement mechanics at all) but again - no flexibility when it comes to burst.  These are things that paper math just can't account for.

Again, while on paper Nature's Balance "looks" like a dps increase - it simply isn't ESPECIALLY if you have the class trinket as the build suggests.  20% increase to Starfall simply IS a DPS increase as Starfall does an incredible amount of damage now.  Even with Nature's Balance, we'll have to refresh our dot's especially when considering any and all mechanics that will prevent us from just standing there casting as the "math" would suggest we'll be able to do. Lastly, the fights currently do not last long enough for Nature's Balance to make up the difference.

In Legion, Stellar Flare may be a viable option at the cost of Starsurge and instead hard casting Starfall.  While Moonkin is competitive and the play has been improved, we will unfortunately rely once again on tier bonus sets or that one awesome trinket / legendary to reduce the cost or perhaps even make starfall or starsurge free to cast (case in point - WoD class trinket is BiS right up until we hit 110 and it no longer works).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tarazet said:

There is no specific problem with capping Empowerments at 3, other than possibly capping Astral Power, but do not use Starsurge if you have 3 stacks of either Empowerment or you will overwrite. I'm sure there will be some question about whether to save up Empowerments before using your cooldowns; I'll have to test it out, but my inclination is, the cooldown lasts long enough that delaying usage in the opener will cause more harm than good. For sure, if you are coming up to the second usage, save your Empowerment stacks before CA/Inc is available.

The guide is meant to say not to overwrite the Empowerments, not cap them. Clearly, a mistake. I'll fix it right now. Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why  is crit more prioritized than Mastery ?

 Mastery = stronger empowerment for spells after casting SS  + boost for DoTs ( via stronger stellar empowerment ) so if u have class trinket and a bit of luck u have almost perma stellar empowerment on target (s). + with haste u will have enough astral power so spells u cast will be empowered most of the time.

This looks more powerful  or am i missing something about crit  ? :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to me that there are three damage profiles that synergistic talents build into. Only the level 15, 75, 90 & 100 talents affect it, so I'll only mention them.

Full disclosure, I'm low skilled, geared & experienced. If I'm missing some basic understanding of the game, apologies.

1.  Single target burst : Warrior of Elune, Incarnation, Astral Communication and Fury of Elune.

These skills synergise by; dealing high burst damage with a high resource cost (Fury); buffing burst damage (Incarn.); and quickly generating resources (Warrior & Astral).

A typical rotation would open with applying both dots, and then begin generating astral power using wrath. Once you reach full astral power begin your burst - pop incarnation, cast fury, and then maintain at least 12 astral power using warrior of elune and astral comm - also using lunar/wrath when possible. After the burst, go back to generating astral power. I don't know if it may be more beneficial to stall casting fury again until innacarnation is back up, and build up lunar empowerment charges as you burn excess astral power with starsurge (solely using wrath as the generator). Or you could just use fury again when warrior comes off cd, without incarnation. 

I think this build would benefit most from Crit & Haste.

2. Sustained single target damage with a small area of effect (target + 2-3 close proximity adds): Starlord, Soul of the Forest/Stellar Flare, BotA, and Natures Balance.

These skills synergise by increasing the frequency starsurge can be used, and the potency of it's procs. It also allows you to almost passively maintain your dots on 2-3 targets.

To open you would being by applying moonfire to any mobs in close proximity to your main target, and then applying starfire and monfire to the main target. You then begin building astral power with lunar strike, this refreshes the moonfire dot on all close proximity targets, and cast recast startfire as needed to maintain the dot on all close proximity targets. Stack astral power and when it's full pop celestial alignment and spend your astral power using starsurge to burst the main target. You should be able to get off 3-4 starsurges during CE due to starlord.

Less burst than the previous build, but decent sustained AoE and single target damage (in an 5 yard radius).

3. High AoE DoT: Starlord, Stellar flare, Shooting stars, Stellar drift.

Havent actually tried this out - sorry. Your DoTs are buffed by starfall, your starfall is buffed by stellar drift, and the AP your DoTs generate is buffed by Shooting stars allowing more casts of starfall. 

DoT eveything, starfall when you can, maintain dots, and spam generators in between (while moving around.... wew). You could make the argument for using astral communion (+75 AP) instead of starlord, as casting starfall over starsurge will limit it's effectiveness, and raw AP might be better in low density situations.

I guess you'd go haste & crit....

 

Like I said, I'm super low, but it seems to me like there wasn't much thought put into any builds which don't have the trinket...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 21, 2016 at 11:04 PM, Guest noob11111 said:

It seems to me that there are three damage profiles that synergistic talents build into. Only the level 15, 75, 90 & 100 talents affect it, so I'll only mention them.

Full disclosure, I'm low skilled, geared & experienced. If I'm missing some basic understanding of the game, apologies.

1.  Single target burst : Warrior of Elune, Incarnation, Astral Communication and Fury of Elune.

These skills synergise by; dealing high burst damage with a high resource cost (Fury); buffing burst damage (Incarn.); and quickly generating resources (Warrior & Astral).

A typical rotation would open with applying both dots, and then begin generating astral power using wrath. Once you reach full astral power begin your burst - pop incarnation, cast fury, and then maintain at least 12 astral power using warrior of elune and astral comm - also using lunar/wrath when possible. After the burst, go back to generating astral power. I don't know if it may be more beneficial to stall casting fury again until innacarnation is back up, and build up lunar empowerment charges as you burn excess astral power with starsurge (solely using wrath as the generator). Or you could just use fury again when warrior comes off cd, without incarnation. 

I think this build would benefit most from Crit & Haste.

2. Sustained single target damage with a small area of effect (target + 2-3 close proximity adds): Starlord, Soul of the Forest/Stellar Flare, BotA, and Natures Balance.

These skills synergise by increasing the frequency starsurge can be used, and the potency of it's procs. It also allows you to almost passively maintain your dots on 2-3 targets.

To open you would being by applying moonfire to any mobs in close proximity to your main target, and then applying starfire and monfire to the main target. You then begin building astral power with lunar strike, this refreshes the moonfire dot on all close proximity targets, and cast recast startfire as needed to maintain the dot on all close proximity targets. Stack astral power and when it's full pop celestial alignment and spend your astral power using starsurge to burst the main target. You should be able to get off 3-4 starsurges during CE due to starlord.

Less burst than the previous build, but decent sustained AoE and single target damage (in an 5 yard radius).

3. High AoE DoT: Starlord, Stellar flare, Shooting stars, Stellar drift.

Havent actually tried this out - sorry. Your DoTs are buffed by starfall, your starfall is buffed by stellar drift, and the AP your DoTs generate is buffed by Shooting stars allowing more casts of starfall. 

DoT eveything, starfall when you can, maintain dots, and spam generators in between (while moving around.... wew). You could make the argument for using astral communion (+75 AP) instead of starlord, as casting starfall over starsurge will limit it's effectiveness, and raw AP might be better in low density situations.

I guess you'd go haste & crit....

Like I said, I'm super low, but it seems to me like there wasn't much thought put into any builds which don't have the trinket...

Hello. Thank you for your post. I'll attempt to explain why we went with the build we have.

1. The problem with this idea revolves entirely around the legendary ring. Unless you've found a way to convince your entire guild/raid group to delay their ring so you can build up some AP to get a good FoE off, you're going to see very poor results with this. At 110 we'll see a lot more use of Fury thanks to increased AP generation from the artifact and not having to play around the shenanigans of the current legendary ring, but for now this build is suboptimal at best and straight up terrible at worst.

2. "almost passively" maintaining DoTs on more than 1 target via Nature's Balance isn't possible. Between casting Starsurge and Stellar Flare, your DoTs will run out very quickly if you aren't tunneling into a single target. It may be possible on 2 targets if you aren't using Stellar Flare, but for this patch that would just be suboptimal.
That's also not how to use Celestial Alignment. Not only do you run into the problem noted in point 1 regarding the legendary ring, you want to be CAing on the opener regardless in order to generate AP faster and get starsurges out to hopefully proc Seed of Creation's starfall. If you get unlucky (or play incorrectly) and fail to proc a starfall during the ring, your opener will be bad, plain and simple.

3. This is closer to the best build on this patch, but Shooting Stars will not provide better AP generation than BotA below 3 consistent targets. Regarding the playstyle/rotation, this is also something you'll possibly see at 110, but is completely inefficient at 100 due to Seed. You basically never want to manually cast Starfall on this patch. As for AC over starlord, there is absolutely no argument there, you would never do that for this kind of build.


The simple truth is if you don't have a Seed of Creation on this patch, boomkin is a bad class. With it and the right talents, we are one of the stronger classes, top 3 maybe. You must do everything you can to get ahold of this trinket if you want to do competitive dps on this patch, as it is the class's only saving grace in a world without artifacts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 20, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Guest Oloo said:

The build suggestion is just flat out wrong.

Stellar Flare may "look" good on paper regarding the math but it DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to performing near Incarnation or Soul of the Forest - I know a certain math want-a-be will try hard to shoot this fact down but live logs don't lie. 

Furthermore, Astral Communion is far better at allowing your rotation to have some flexibility when it comes to burst phases (i.e. pull, ring, lust).  While it doesn't generate as much resource as Blessing of the Ancients, this flexibility is a MUST - again refer to live logs.  Resource generation is NOT a problem anyways. Shooting Stars provides the most resource generation at 3+ mobs (2 if there is any movement mechanics at all) but again - no flexibility when it comes to burst.  These are things that paper math just can't account for.

Again, while on paper Nature's Balance "looks" like a dps increase - it simply isn't ESPECIALLY if you have the class trinket as the build suggests.  20% increase to Starfall simply IS a DPS increase as Starfall does an incredible amount of damage now.  Even with Nature's Balance, we'll have to refresh our dot's especially when considering any and all mechanics that will prevent us from just standing there casting as the "math" would suggest we'll be able to do. Lastly, the fights currently do not last long enough for Nature's Balance to make up the difference.

In Legion, Stellar Flare may be a viable option at the cost of Starsurge and instead hard casting Starfall.  While Moonkin is competitive and the play has been improved, we will unfortunately rely once again on tier bonus sets or that one awesome trinket / legendary to reduce the cost or perhaps even make starfall or starsurge free to cast (case in point - WoD class trinket is BiS right up until we hit 110 and it no longer works).

 

 

I'm sorry, but Stellar Flare is definitely the talent to use right now. Check basically any top boomkin on warcraftlogs and you will see. It's not about what it looks like on paper, it's about actual performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:39 PM, Vlad said:

I'm sorry, but Stellar Flare is definitely the talent to use right now. Check basically any top boomkin on warcraftlogs and you will see. It's not about what it looks like on paper, it's about actual performance.

Assault, top 2 didn't use it.  3rd used it and it did a whopping 612k total damage and he cast it 5 times - in other words he wasted that tier talent option.

Iron Reave - top 3 didn't use it.

Komrok - top 2 didn't use it. 3rd used it, cast it once and it did 443k total damage. Compared to his guild mate (who was first) he was only able to cast 3 starsurges which in turn means less empowered solar wraths and lunar strikes - again - wasted tier talent for damage that was done entirely on the burst opener.

Council - top 3 didn't use it.

Kilrogg - top 1 didn't use it. 2nd and 3rd used it to good effect with buff.

Iskar - top 3 didn't use it.

Zakuun - top 3 didn't use it.

Xhul - top 1 and 3rd didn't use it. 2nd did use it to good effect.

Soc - top 3 didn't use it

Tyrant - top 2 used it with great effect. 3rd didn't use it

Manny - top 3 used it good effect

Archi - top 1 didn't use it. 2nd and 3rd used it to good effect.

You are wrong - Stellar Flare is definitely NOT "the talent" to use right now. You check top moonkins on warcraftlogs next time instead of making me do it. 

Further, the only reason they are picking Blessing of the Ancients is because you can maintain 100% energy by swapping in and out of Bear before a pull (most likely soon to be fixed).  Many of the fights at this moment don't last long enough to over come Celestial Alignment - for example on one fight a top moonkin cast 6 Stellar Strike and 10 Solar Wraths which generates an extra 44 astral power.  That's it.  Compared to 75 for Celestial Alignment.....  So the only benefit was to bug the astral power drain before the fight.

On a side note - not on a single log does the author use Nature's Balance - not even on those "single target" fights where the math looks better on paper and thus in this guide.  Which means you and I both agree that it's about actual performance verses paper math.  Nature's Balance, as of right now, is a DPS loss - and quite a large one at that.  BURST is and probably will always be king on the majority of all encounters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy where to begin..

If you're wondering about my logs from last week, you might notice a healthy chunk of the bosses are missing. There were some shenanigans some players did to kill bosses quickly that got our logs deleted...oops. This was also at the beginning of the week before the instance got nerfed another two times (for reference, the health debuff is now 50% and the dmg debuff 40%).

Some clarification: I'm the reviewer, not author, but I do have some changes planned for the recommended talents after having done HFC again this week with the latest round of nerfs.

To quickly go over some of the specific points you made:

Obviously you won't take Stellar Flare on assault. I've been very vocal about how I feel about assault as a "boss". You could decide to unskill all your talents on that boss and jack off in the corner, it wouldn't really matter. it's an extended trash pull and nothing more- an extraordinary waste of time at the beginning of each raid week. 

Xhul, Kumrock, Socrethar, Iron reaver and Fel lord: If your guild is killing them in 30s-1m, take Incarn over Stellar Flare, yes. If the kill time is longer, flare is king. There is no debate, it does more damage the longer the fight is. This becomes increasingly more apparent as you get to the 2m+ range. Especially on Xhul

Kilrogg: Ranking on this fight is a cheesy joke and has been since the instance was released. If your kill time is long enough to even reach the downstairs phase, yes taking Incarn for the extra burst when you come up with the 20 stack buff will do more than Flare.

Iskar: Incarn is best here, its a heavy aoe fight. That's in the guide.

Gorefiend: Incarn is best here, there is heavy aoe and a burst phase. That's in the guide.

 

Something I'd like you to realize however, is that most guilds will not be killing bosses in 30 seconds like you see at the very top end of warcraftlogs. Icy veins boomkin guide is and will continue to be a guide aimed at progression raiders of all levels; a good starting point for learning (or relearning in the case of Legion pre-patch) the class as you move into your preferred level of content. To my knowledge this is where all of the guides on this website are aimed at. As I am in a high end guild with some absolutely breakneck kill-times, you will often see me using different talents than what I would recommend for someone killing the bosses two, three, four, fives times slower than what my guild is capable of.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When choosing gear for my Balance druid, I rely heavily on this page for guidance. But I'm finding it difficult to decide where the line between the different stats lie and was wondering if anyone has been using simulations to find the precise weights for an addon like Pawn? 
I found them for my BM hunter here on icy-veins (calculated with Simulation Craft  by @Azortharion who wrote the guide) but have so far not had any luck unearthing any for a balance druid. I found some on noxxic (http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/druid/balance/stat-priority) but I'm still not convinced those are correct as it once recommended me drop 2 INT for 3 CRIT. 

Any advice out there? Perhaps inserting links to Pawn weights if there are any?
 

Edited by dracuella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blizzard Logo

Balance

  • Blessing of Elune now increases Astral Power generation by 25% (was 40%).
  • Blessing of An'she now grants 2 Astral Power every 3 seconds (was 2 Astral Power every 2.5 seconds).
  • Lunar Strike now generates 12 Astral Power (was 10).
  • Mastery: Starlight bonus has been increased to 2%/point (was 1.75%).
  • Moonfire and Sunfire DoT damage has been decreased to 50% per tick (was 55%).
  • Shooting Stars gives 4 Astral Power (was 5).
  • Solar Wrath now generates 8 Astral Power (was 6).
  • Developer's Note: We shifted some Astral Power generation from the level 90 talent row into the baseline spec. This both improves gameplay sub level 90 and reduces reliance on these talents at max level.

Baseline Astral Power generation up slightly, with a talented AP generation drop to compensate.  Fewer Wraths to get capped?  Fine with me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

1. Basics

The stat priority for a Balance Druid is as follows.

Haste;

Intellect;

Critical Strike >= Versatility;

Mastery.


 

 

Surely you mean 

 

Int

Haste

Crit>=Versatility

Mastery?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. First of all I want to apologize for what may seem to some of you as a noob question, but to be honest I'm at a complete loss as where to find one particular artefact weapon trait. Meaning the Falling Star. Please, if anyone knows where or how to get it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Dan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Dan said:

Hello. First of all I want to apologize for what may seem to some of you as a noob question, but to be honest I'm at a complete loss as where to find one particular artefact weapon trait. Meaning the Falling Star. Please, if anyone knows where or how to get it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Dan

 

I am not sure what you mean by "where to find it". It's in your artifact weapon trait tree (top left). When you unlock the traits leading up to it and have enough Artifact Power, you'll be able to choose it. It's not a drop or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest Elnaturale said:

 

Surely you mean 

 

Int

Haste

Crit>=Versatility

Mastery?

 

That is not a mistake, Haste above Intellect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vlad said:

I am not sure what you mean by "where to find it". It's in your artifact weapon trait tree (top left). When you unlock the traits leading up to it and have enough Artifact Power, you'll be able to choose it. It's not a drop or anything.

Hello, I'm sorry for the missunderstanding. What I meant was where to find the unlock, as for example the trait Scythe of the Stars which I got as a questreward during a certain questline. Once again thank you so far for your help and thank you in advance for any other guidance.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym

       
      With the most recent hotfixes bringing in significant nerfs to Mythic Kil'jaeden, only a day after Exorsus' World 2nd kill, the guild's twitter had some words to share with the WoW devs, and the encounter designers in particular:
      We'd already heard a fair amount of complaints from both Method and Exorsus previously, on the state Kil'jaeden was in for the first week and more, but these hotfixes do seem to indicate that KJ was overtuned even in Blizzard's estimation (this, in addition to the 10+ undocumented nerfs he had already received prior to Method's World First kill). We've also heard that there will be a big post coming where all the issues they've had with ToS will be discussed by the GM, Alveona:
       
      What do you think about the situation, are Exorsus being too harsh on the devs or do they have a point?
    • By Starym

       
      When +17 just isn't enough, it's time to move on to +19. Mione is just shy of that +20 barrier with this most recent solo endeavor in the Court of Stars, but at least it took half the time of the Vault of the Wardens clear, somewhere in the vicinity of 6 hours. Shave just 5+ hours off of that and the solo artist would be able to qualify for the Mythic Dungeon Invitational!
       
      Let's see if that +20 barrier gets broken any time soon!
    • By Starym

       
      Along with the previously announced class tuning and additional PvP class tweaks, today we're getting some significant nerfs to Mythic Fallen Avatar and Kil'jaeden! So we should be seeing another kill on big red quite soon. We also got some new additions to the overall class tuning that were not previously announced, specifically for Vengeance DHs, and all 3 Paladin specs.
      July 24 (source)
      Class, Raid, Items, and PvP hotfixes below will go live with maintenance in each region.
      Classes
      Death Knight Frost Fixed a bug preventing Hungering Rune Weapon from generating a Rune at the correct rate of once every 1.5 seconds. All damage abilities increased by 5%. Demon Hunter Vengeance Demon Spikes physical damage reduction increased to 12% (was 10%). Fracture damage decreased by 5%. Spirit Bomb damage decreased by 10%. Paladin Protection Increased the damage done by the following abilities by 4%: Avenger's Shield, Judgment, Hammer of the Righteous, Blessed Hammer, Consecration, Shield of the Righteous, Eye of Tyr. Retribution Blade of Justice damage increased by 10% (unchanged in PvP). Crusader Strike damage increased by 10%. Zeal damage increased by 10%. Rogue Fixed a bug where Elusiveness reduced the amount of AOE damage reduction Feint provided. Paladin Holy Light of Dawn now functions correctly with Aura of Sacrifice. Class Halls
      Calydus will now appear if a player can accept or turn-in a quest with him, even if he's on a mission. Dungeons and Raids
      Tomb of Sargeras The Fallen Avatar The Fallen Avatar’s health is reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty. Kil’jaeden Kil'jaeden's health reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty. Armageddon now creates 6 Armageddon Rains (was 8) in Mythic difficulty. Illidan's Sightless Gaze now deals less damage in all difficulties. Demonic Obelisk now spawns 3 Obelisks on the first cast in Mythic difficulty.
      Items
      Spectral Thurible will no longer damage creatures you are not in combat with. Warrior Arms The Great Storm's Eye damage bonus per stack reduced to 2% (was 4%). Ayala's Stone Heart now procs 40% less often for Arms Warriors.  
      Rogue All Specs Mantle of the Master Assassin duration reduced to 5 seconds (was 6 seconds). Subtlety Denial of the Half-Giants  cooldown reduction reduced to 0.2 seconds per combo point spent (was 0.3 seconds).  
      Player versus Player
      Druid
      Balance PvP Template Armor reduced by 10%. Bladed Feathers grants 11% additional armor per rank in PvP (was 22.5% per rank). Ironfeather Armor now grants an additional 25% armor, down from 50% armor. Celestial Guardian now grants 10% spell damage reduction, down from 20%. Moonkin Form now grants 125% additional armor in PvP situations, down from 200%. Restoration PvP Template Intellect increased by 2%. PvP Template Mastery increased by 20%. Hunter
      Survival Holy Priests with Greater Fade active can now be correctly interrupted by Muzzle Mage
      Frost Frigid Winds increases chilling effects by 10% in PvP situations, down from 15%. Chilled reduces the movement speed of targets by 40% in PvP situations (was 50%). Priest
      Holy Ray of Hope's cooldown is increased to 60 seconds, up from 45 seconds. PvP Template Intellect reduced by 4%. PvP Template Mastery reduced by 30%. The heal over time effect of Renew now heals for an additional 75% in PvP, down from an additional 100%. Shaman
      Restoration Riptide's heal is increased by 15% in PvP situations, down from an additional 30%. PvP Template Intellect reduced by 3%. Warlock
      Affliction PvP Template Intellect increased by 3%. Destruction PvP Template Armor increased by 30%. PvP Template Versatility increased by 5%. Previous Hotfixes
      July 20 July 17 July 12 July 11 July 7
    • By Starym

       
      We have some more tuning coming this week, along with the announced PvE/general side, we're also getting some PvP changes:
      Arempy (source)
      We're looking to make the following changes with maintenance in each region this week:

      Druid - Balance PvP Template Armor reduced by 10%. Each rank of Bladed Feathers grants 12.5% additional armor in PvP, down from 25. Ironfeather Armor now grants an additional 25% armor, down from 50% armor. Celestial Guardian now grants 10% spell damage reduction, down from 20%. Moonkin Form now grants 125% additional armor in PvP situations, down from 200%.

      Druid - Restoration PvP Template Intellect increased by 2%. PvP Template Mastery increased by 20%.

      Mage - Frost Frigid Winds increases chilling effects by 10% in PvP situations, down from 15%. Chilled reduces the movement speed of targets by 40% in PvP situations, down from 50%.

      Priest - Holy Ray of Hope's cooldown is increased to 60 seconds, up from 45 seconds. PvP Template Intellect reduced by 4%. PvP Template Mastery reduced by 30%. The heal over time effect of Renew now heals for an additional 75% in PvP, down from an additional 100%.

      Shaman - Restoration Riptide's heal is increased by 15% in PvP situations, down from an additional 30%. PvP Template Intellect reduced by 4%.

      Warlock - Affliction PvP Template Intellect increased by 4%.

      Warlock - Destruction PvP Template Armor increased by 30%. PvP Template Versatility increased by 5%.
    • By Stan

      In this mini guide, we're looking at how to answer the call to battle and reach Argus. The quest will be active once Patch 7.3 goes live.
      Please note that this article contains spoilers.
      An Introduction to Argus
      “Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced…”
      Downfall of the Deceiver had dire consequences. Argus is the original homeworld of the eredar, once described as a utopian world whose inhabitants were both vastly intelligent and highly gifted in magic. It has since been twisted by demonic, chaotic energies and has become the stronghold of the Burning Legion and is even referred to as Legion's homeworld. (Source).
      Patch 7.3 is the biggest content patch ever introduced to the game. The Heroes of Azeroth will travel to Argus to put an end to Legion once and for all. From a gameplay perspective, the new planet contains three zones and their content is unlocked gradually as you complete the story line.
      For the latest information about Patch 7.3, check out our Argus hub.
      Argus Zones
      The planet is comprised of three zones - Krokuun, Mac'Aree and Anthoras Wastes.
      Krokuun
      The first area to start the Argus experience is Krokuun. Green circles on the map indicate Invasion Points, golden icons are Lightforged Beacons used to teleport back to and from the Vindicaar. Argus has no flight points or paths and teleporting (traveling) is faster than on Azeroth. You can't teleport between different Lightforged Beacons, but you can teleport to any Lightforged Beacon aboard the Vindicaar. Lightforged Beacons for areas are unlocked through quests.

      The Vindicaar
      Before we proceed, it's important to talk about the Vindicaar. The vessel plays a huge role on Argus. It serves for transport for both factions and it's important to know what you can find aboard the ship. Every zone will have a separate Vindicaar and it seems we will be using it even in Antorus the Burning Throne raid to travel to the Seat of the Pantheon to fight Argus the Unmaker and imprison Sargeras.
      Vindicaar Map
      Below is a picture of the Vindicaar map. Important quest givers and turn-ins will always be marked with yellow question or exclamation marks on the map.
      The Netherlight Crucible - a system to empower new and existing Relics can be found at 57, 71. Vindicaar Matrix Core - "Warlords of Draenor" style zone perks for Argus can be found at 49, 44. Only one perk can be active at any given time. Examples Light's Judgment Lightforged Warframe The Navigation Console is at 42, 22. You right-click it and pick a Lightforged Beacon to teleport to.
      Reaching the Vindicaar
      After you unlock the Vindicaar you can use it to teleport back to Dalaran at any time and vice versa. A Lightforged Beacon will be available at Krasus Landing in Dalaran and a portal to Dalaran from the Vindicaar will unlock too, but if you're lost on Argus and need to find a Lightforged Beacon to transport you back to the Vindicaar, it's essentially faster to just use Dalaran Hearthstone and reach the Vindicaar from Krasus Landing in Dalaran.
      This is how Krasus Landing in Dalaran looks like if you haven't unlocked the Lightfoged Beacon to the Vindicaar yet. The portal will appear to the left side of the High Vindicator when it becomes available.

      Once you descend to Krokuun a portal will unlock that can be accessed at any time. If you want to get to Dalaran, the Vindicaar portal is at 40, 33.

      Argus Campaign
      In this section, you will learn everything about how to get to Argus and unlock the campaign.
      Getting to Argus
      The first quest is an auto-accept, which means it will automatically appear in your quest log wherever you are. The Alliance has a different intro than the Horde, but after traveling to Argus, both factions will be completing the same quests.
      Alliance Intro
      The Hand of Fate (Alliance) As an Alliance player, take the Dalaran portal to Stormwind and go to Stormwind Harbor to talk to Vereesa Windrunner (21, 30) and turn in the quest
      Two If By Sea (Alliance) Accept the new quest and speak to Vereesa Windrunner. She will have a dialogue option to set sail for Exodar. Horde Intro
      The Hand of Fate (Horde) As a Horde player, take the Dalaran portal to Orgrimmar and go to Bladefist Bay in Durotar to talk to Lady Liadrin on the Sunstrider (58, 12) and turn in the quest.
      Two If By Sea You learn that the Draenei crafted a vessel to take you to Argus safely. It's called the Vindicaar, your main transportation hub on Argus. Accept the quest from Lady Liadrin and set sail for Exodar. Turn in the quest by talking to Vindicator Boros on Azuremyst Isle (21, 55) once you arrive. Accept the next quest from him. Aethas Sunreaver: I see the Alliance answered the call as well.
      Continuation for Both Factions
      Light's Exodus (Alliance) At this point, you will notice the Horde ship that will be just opposite yours and the quests will be the same too. Turn left and take down the path leading to Exodar and Prophet Velen simply by following Vindicator Boros and the rest of the crew (Vereesa & Arathor). Light's Exodus (Horde) Boros tells you to go to Exodar, where Velen and other Draenei gathered in the Vault of Lights. Turn left and follow him and the rest (Aethas and Liadrin) down the path to Exodar. Once you enter Exodar your movement speed will be increased by 60% (Light of the Chosen) and Prophet Velen will speak to you. Vidicator Boros: Come. I will show you to the Vault of Lights. The others await our arrival. Lady Liadrin: Impressive. The Legion won't expect a force this strong. Vinocator Boros: Argus is our ancestral home. We will not see it in the Legion's hands any longer. High Vindicator says: prophet Velen is just ahead, champions. Prophet Velen: Fellow draenei... champions of Azeroth... the time has come to invade Argus. Prophet Velen: We will save our world and put a stop to the Burning Legion... once and for all. Prophet Velen: Come, champion. Let the Light guide your path! When you zone in, you will notice both Alliance & Horde leaders and Illidan talking to Velen. Illidan Stormrage: The Legion grows desperate. We should strike now while their attention remains focused on Azeroth. Prophet Velen: You are right, Illidan. This may be our best chance to gain the upper hand. Talk to Velen to end the quest  
      The Vindicaar Accept the quest from Velen and board the Vindicaar that's now preparered for your assault. You must establish a beacon to transport you to the vessel. Prophet Velen: Lend me your strength, champion. We will open the way together. Right-click the Light Crystal to activate it (1.1 second cast). Afterward, you will be channeling another spell for 15 seconds until a Lightforged Beacon will appear allowing you to board the Vindicaar that's ready to travel to Argus for the very first time. Prophet Velen: The Exodar has long been crippled by the crash that brought us to this world many years ago. Prophet Velen: Every spare moment, every resource, has gone toward the birth of a new vessel. Our instrument of retribution. Prophet Velen: The way is open. Come, children of Argus, allies, champions. The Vindicaar awaits! Conversation upon boarding the Vindicaar: Lothraxion: My brethren in the Army of the Light await our arrival. Only together will we achieve victory. Prophet Velen: The Light will guide us to them. Romuul, begin final preparations and ensure our forces are accounted for. It is time. Grand Artificer Romuul: Yes, Prophet. Right away. Hand in the quest at Prophet Velen (35, 45 aboard the Vindicaar on Azuremyst Isle).
      Into the Night Argus awaits, accept the quest from Prophet Velen to travel to Argus aboard the Vindicaar. Prophet Velen: Let me know when you are ready to depart. Talk to Prophet Velen and click on "I am ready." to travel to Argus. A trailer will play shortly after you find yourself on Argus. Conversation after you enter Argus aboard the Vindicaar Illidan Stormrage: Their next blast will decimate us-- unless we strike first. Prophet Velen: We must destroy the weapon while it is still recharging! Romuul, deploy a bunker below! Grand Artificier Romuul: Bunker deployed, Prophet! Turn in the quest at Prophet Velen and accept the next one.
      Alone in the Abyss Prophet Velen has another quest for you. Speak to Romuul to disembark the Vindicaar. Prophet Velen: Romuul, send our vanguard to establish a front. Grand Artificier Romuul: Activating transport array. Prophet Velen: Champion, we will descend together once you are prepared. Grand Artificier Romuul says: On your mark, champion. Talk to Romuul and select the option: "Take me to the surface." Conversation after you descend: Illidan Stormrage: Come, let us show Sargeras' ilk what they have brought upon themselves. Exodar Vindicator: Our home... what has it become? Prophet Velen: Hold your ground! We must protect the Vindicaar with our lives!
      On Argus
      Three new quests will become available simulatenously. Righteous Fury from Velen and Overwhelming Power from Illidan. Both can be found at 60, 79 in Krokuun (Argus). If you walk down the path, A Stranger's Plea can be picked up from Chieftain Hatuun at 58, 78. Should you decide to go back to the Vindicaar, you will find a portal at 63, 81 in Krokuun (Argus) that will take you back to the vessel.