FORUMS
Damien

Balance Druid 7.3

Guest Barsett
17 hours ago, Livewire2000 said:

So I have Oneth's Intuition and Impeccable Fel Essence for legendaries as balance. What's an ideal talent build using those? I heard using Shooting Stars and Stellar Flare are good choices but I'm not sure which would work for the 100 talent (or if any other talents affect the dps while using those legendaries). Any suggestions?

https://gyazo.com/22cccdfb0af69029d933f875d2a2553c

This is my build I use for those legendaries

Guest kek
On 7/11/2017 at 6:22 PM, Livewire2000 said:

So I have Oneth's Intuition and Impeccable Fel Essence for legendaries as balance. What's an ideal talent build using those? I heard using Shooting Stars and Stellar Flare are good choices but I'm not sure which would work for the 100 talent (or if any other talents affect the dps while using those legendaries). Any suggestions?

Stellar Flare is a really underperforming talent, and shouldn't be used. For any aoe situations, go with SotF, Shooting stars, Stellar drift. For pure single fights, go with Incarn, BotA, Nature's balance. IFE and OI are bis for any situation as far as i know. ED could pull ahead on single fights, but honestly in my opinion it's not worth it. Oh and OI is the only legendary that i haven't gotten yet, but i'd assume it's a lot more beneficial to run with Stellar Drift even on single target fights, in order for your free starfalls to do a lot more damage.

On 08/07/2017 at 6:01 PM, Guest Kek said:

So all in all, is mastery and crit now the stats i should be looking for, since the new 4p gives a lot of haste to begin with? I currently have about 2k more haste than i have mastery, but can turn that around with 1 or 2 drops from ToS.

Mastery, yes. The stat priorities are now reviewed and completely up to date, so you'll be taking M > H.

On 11/07/2017 at 4:22 PM, Livewire2000 said:

As has been mentioned above, you'll be using Incarn/BoTA/NB for single target. For AoE, take SoTF/SS/SD. Take SD on single target if you need to move a lot.

On 13/07/2017 at 8:03 PM, Guest kek said:

Stellar Flare is a really underperforming talent, and shouldn't be used.

As above, thanks for helping to answer :)

Guest Derkomai

Hello, when will the update of the useful equipment (BIS) come out in 7.2?

15 hours ago, Guest Derkomai said:

Hello, when will the update of the useful equipment (BIS) come out in 7.2?

Listing BiS doesn't really work anymore due to titanforging and warforging, as well as how stats now interact with each other. Your best chance of deciding on upgrades and such is to use https://www.raidbots.com/simbot - it completely simplifies simulations and gives accurate information quickly.

Guest Guest67

You can still surgeweave during Incarnation. It's not as powerful as it used to be, but it can still be done.

On 8/19/2017 at 7:50 AM, Guest Guest67 said:

You can still surgeweave during Incarnation. It's not as powerful as it used to be, but it can still be done.

It can definitely still be done, yeah, it just takes a bit more effort for less reward than before, as you said. 

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

Guest Jax

Using the emerald dreamcatcher and oneleths intuition I sometimes find myself either over capping astral power or empowerment charges, is their a way to fix this problem? Or should I just focus on not over capping one and let the other do whatever?

On 10/3/2017 at 4:32 PM, Guest Jax said:

Using the emerald dreamcatcher and oneleths intuition I sometimes find myself either over capping astral power or empowerment charges, is their a way to fix this problem? Or should I just focus on not over capping one and let the other do whatever?

In an ideal world, you won't overcap at all. Wasted resources generate 0 DPS, essentially, and in most cases, AP will generate more DPS than empowerments, unless you are going to cap AP by less than 10 extra AP, approx.

Could someone please explain why Twilight Glow is ranked higher than Sunfire Burns? I would have thought the opposite since you can debuff an entire group with sunfire while moonfire you have to cast on every single target (making it pointless to even cast with like 5+ targets).

15 hours ago, joe7dust said:

Could someone please explain why Twilight Glow is ranked higher than Sunfire Burns? I would have thought the opposite since you can debuff an entire group with sunfire while moonfire you have to cast on every single target (making it pointless to even cast with like 5+ targets).

Asking, but I think it's because Moonfire damage normally ends up pulling ahead on most fights.

Am I blind, or is the gear section completely missing anything useful about trinkets? A BiS list with 1 item for each slot is kinda of useless for 99% of us.

Also I don't understand why it recommends an int gem and mastery gems. Haste is the best by far unless capped, and all the stats but vers > int.

Edited by joe7dust

6 hours ago, joe7dust said:

Am I blind, or is the gear section completely missing anything useful about trinkets? A BiS list with 1 item for each slot is kinda of useless for 99% of us.

The issue is, some of the best trinkets for Boomkin are stat sticks and large proc sticks. This means that their effectiveness completely relies on your current stat levels and weights. Personally, I'd recommend anyone checking trinkets to just sim themselves on https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/gear and use the gear compare tool.

It'll give a far more accurate picture of what to use and I'd recommend keeping most stat stick trinkets in your bank at 910+ item level, simply because your weights and their effectiveness may change. 

6 hours ago, joe7dust said:

Also I don't understand why it recommends an int gem and mastery gems. Haste is the best by far unless capped, and all the stats but vers > int.

I mean, there is no Haste cap outside of using Emerald Dreamcatcher. The gem recommendations are based on the stat priority, but there is also a very large disclaimer on the page:

Mastery is the strongest stat for Balance, but there comes a point where its value drops below Haste and Intellect, and if you stack nothing but Mastery its value will eventually be below other stats as well.

Depends on gear level, hence why it's best to sim your own character for perfectly accurate weights on which gem to use. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats

Guest RDW

There is no mention of Celestial Alignment in the "Easy Mode" part of the guide.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:25 PM, Guest RDW said:

There is no mention of Celestial Alignment in the "Easy Mode" part of the guide.

Will get this updated. It's an oversight for AoE, since Incarnation replaces it when taken (as advised by the guide).

Guest KittyKat

Sooooo... solar wrath is now the recommended filler casting spell for heavy mob multitarget fights? Did y'all mean lunar strike?

12 hours ago, Guest KittyKat said:

Sooooo... solar wrath is now the recommended filler casting spell for heavy mob multitarget fights? Did y'all mean lunar strike?

At lower number of targets, the additional wrath generated by Solar Wrath (lower cast time per wrath generated), you end up putting out more Starfalls, which is more important than the damage provided by Lunar Strike. It's only at 4+ targets that the damage increase from Lunar Strike starts to make up for the wrath generation being slower.

Guest Lunsce

Which trinkets should I get if not having the panteon trinket?

12 hours ago, Guest Lunsce said:

Which trinkets should I get if not having the panteon trinket?

Arcanocrystal, Sentinel Medallion, Mastery stat stick are all good for ST. 

For AoE, Arcanocrystal, Whispers in the Dark, Stormsinger Fulmination Charge.

Guest derkomai

Hello, I would have liked to know the new multicible rotation that includes stellar flare? (with the cloak and the archdruid in legendary it seems to me)

Thanks you