FORUMS
Damien

Feral Druid 7.3

On 4/25/2017 at 7:58 PM, Rokomis said:

I'm running with sabertooth/SoF/MoC build. Anyone know if I should be Ripping at 5cp only, or 4-5c so I don't waste CPs?

Max has already given you the answer here, but I'd like to just confirm it. As soon as you start Ripping at 4-CP, you start losing energy incredibly fast, since you're being incredibly inefficient. Having the 5-CP rip is incredibly important, especially when heading into execute phase. 

On 4/27/2017 at 8:12 AM, Maxkitty said:

Doesn't matter what build you use, but you should never cast rip without 5CPs as it is a major dmg loss. If you are using the sabertooth talent, just use all the snapshots you can before casting your first rip; tiger's fury and berserk for you. Basically just spam FB at 5CP after that. 

Thanks for helping to answer that :)

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 8:19 AM, Maxkitty said:

So I'm wondering between the hands and the boots, which legendary would end up giving me the best ST increase, or, as many feral legendaries, a quality of life improvement. 

Thanks in advance! 

Given how odd some of the Feral legendaries are, I'm just wondering what your other possible items for those 2 slots are? It will depend on the current gear tbh.

9 hours ago, Blainie said:

Given how odd some of the Feral legendaries are, I'm just wondering what your other possible items for those 2 slots are? It will depend on the current gear tbh.

I have around 883 ilvl, and my crit is 28.5% with my mastery being 60%. I'm wondering how some of these legendaries would compete and work together in a ST situation. I currently use the hands and find a noticeable quality of life improvement with the combo point generation, which leads to me being able to keep rip and SR up much more without them falling off. I don't see the boots being a quality of life improvement, but more like a big ST increase with Bloodtalons. Also, I think the ring would be a competitor for the major pooling. I'm mainly curious which ones to pair, as in a ST fight I'm sure these 3 are the best legendaries. For example, would the ring pair well with the boots, or the boots with hands, or hands with ring? 

Again, thanks in advance! :)

On 4/28/2017 at 7:47 PM, Maxkitty said:

Again, thanks in advance! :)

I would personally use the Boots and Ring.

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

Guest Kaido

Hello,

can someone provide pawn stats string for feral?

Just a note on the Feral Druid Artifact Traits and Relics page. Section 3.3 shows an ability for Feral Instincts instead of the artifact trait. Also, that section should probably be numbered as "3. Relic Choice...3.1: Tear the Flesh/... 3.2: Razor Fangs..." instead of the extra 3.1. 1: 3.2. 2: to keep in line with the rest of the formatting.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:18 PM, Guest Kaido said:

Hello,

can someone provide pawn stats string for feral?

Hey! The easiest way of getting these will always be to sim your character, honestly. It will be far more accurate than general weights will.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:27 AM, Darkacheron said:

Just a note on the Feral Druid Artifact Traits and Relics page. Section 3.3 shows an ability for Feral Instincts instead of the artifact trait. Also, that section should probably be numbered as "3. Relic Choice...3.1: Tear the Flesh/... 3.2: Razor Fangs..." instead of the extra 3.1. 1: 3.2. 2: to keep in line with the rest of the formatting.

Will get this fixed! Thanks for letting us know.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

When using Incarnation : King of the Jungle, it says that we can use Prowl once during the effect. While doing so, which skill should be used to maximize the DPS ?

3 hours ago, Chocolatebar said:

When using Incarnation : King of the Jungle, it says that we can use Prowl once during the effect. While doing so, which skill should be used to maximize the DPS ?

It will make no difference - this was mainly aimed at PvP, to allow stuns/resets. Both Shred and Rake are always benefiting from Prowl while Incarn is up, regardless of if you cast Prowl or not. Ensure to try and end Incarn with a Rake in the last second, since it will then continue to last as long as possible with the Incarn/Prowl damage increase after Incarn is finished.

Guest ZephosMASTER

Hey ! (sorry for my english)

In the stats priority it said : 

1.2. Incarnation Builds:

1. Agility;
  2. Versatility;
  3. Critical Strike;
  4. Mastery;
  5. Haste.

Can we have a cap  (like 30% mastery, 15% Haste for example) or a percentage from these stats ? I don't know if versatility is near critical strike or far away :/

Btw, thanks for guide update ! U're the best

On 8/30/2017 at 1:17 PM, Chocolatebar said:

Thanks for the explanation :o)

Glad to help :)

5 hours ago, Guest ZephosMASTER said:

Can we have a cap  (like 30% mastery, 15% Haste for example) or a percentage from these stats ? I don't know if versatility is near critical strike or far away :/

It can be tough to actually give proper stat breakpoints, since it varies from character to character due to how stats can interact with each other this expansion, as well as specific "haste breakpoints" being nearly gone entirely, bar one or two classes still having them.

Try RaidBots (https://www.raidbots.com/simbot) to get exact weights for your character, so you can then work towards the stats you need.

Guest ZephosMASTER
1 hour ago, Blainie said:

It can be tough to actually give proper stat breakpoints, since it varies from character to character due to how stats can interact with each other this expansion, as well as specific "haste breakpoints" being nearly gone entirely, bar one or two classes still having them.

Try RaidBots (https://www.raidbots.com/simbot) to get exact weights for your character, so you can then work towards the stats you need.

Perfect ! Thanks you very much !

23 minutes ago, Guest ZephosMASTER said:

Perfect ! Thanks you very much !

Happy to be of help :D

Guest Catburrito

The amount of combo points spent on Savage Roar (On single Target Rotation) does not boost the damage as the Sabertooth.

Remember that Sabertooth renews the duration of Rip, which was buffed by Tiger's Fury and Bloodtalons before applying.

Therefore in a long run, during the fight, sabertooth comes into first place, boss fights =/= target dummy hitting.

6 hours ago, Guest Catburrito said:

The amount of combo points spent on Savage Roar (On single Target Rotation) does not boost the damage as the Sabertooth.

Remember that Sabertooth renews the duration of Rip, which was buffed by Tiger's Fury and Bloodtalons before applying.

Therefore in a long run, during the fight, sabertooth comes into first place, boss fights =/= target dummy hitting.

So you're saying you should have your first priority as refreshing Rip with Sabertooth? This just simply isn't true. Sabertooth only functions during the last 25% of the fight and, in the event that you are using Sabertooth, you will be using FB enough to keep Rip refreshed. 

There is no reason to place it above Savage Roar or Rake. They are, in the case of Rake, far easier to maintain or, in the case of Savage Roar, far more important to maintain. With the T20 4-set as well, Rip will rarely every drop off and, if it does, you either aren't close to the boss or you are doing something wrong. 

Sabertooth makes no difference to this in regards to Savage Roar.

Guest Feral

Hey all,

I'm not too sure about the opening sequence in this guide. So you are supposed to start the fight with a Rake from stealth and then use Berserk/Tiger's Fury, which means that you start the fight with an unbuffed version of Rake and I don't really see the benefit? Why would you want to miss out on the Tiger's Fury snapshot at the start? It's not like the duration is too short to fit everything in. You can comfortably start with Berserk/Tiger's Fury prepull, apply a buffed Rake ->  buffed Ashamane's Frenzy into Shred to 5cp and Rip. 

With this opener both Rake and AF are at their highest potential right from the start and Rip is only missing out on bloodtalons, but that's also the case with the guides opener.

Unless I'm missing something really obvious and all of this is nonesense?

18 hours ago, Guest Feral said:

Unless I'm missing something really obvious and all of this is nonesense?

I believe it's because you have the Rake to generate a CP for SR, you then still get it buffed by Bloodtalons alongside AF. After you have cast your rip, you will immediately re-cast Rake in the normal rotation and it should, in theory, be buffed by SR/TF/Beserk and not waste any energy because you are re-applying as it falls off after that opening sequence.