FORUMS
Damien

Guardian Druid 7.3

On 3/22/2017 at 3:07 AM, Guest Lunala said:

Right got it. Tnx

Glad to see you got your answer :) If you have more questions, just ask!

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2 - please understand that we will not be answering questions in this section about "What is better for 7.2?" prior to the patch release, since all the information will be available when the patch goes live. Please be patient and thanks for waiting!

Guest Nanulak

Talents say that wild charge in travel form jumps you to a player's location. That's for the non-shapeshifted form. In travel form it will jump you forward 20 yards.

On 4/25/2017 at 5:03 PM, Guest Nanulak said:

Talents say that wild charge in travel form jumps you to a player's location. That's for the non-shapeshifted form. In travel form it will jump you forward 20 yards.

Will notify the writer, thanks :)

Guest Kodo

I know this is an old comment, but I didn't see any other responses to it in this thread, which seems to remain active, off and on.

On 1/31/2017 at 9:30 AM, Blainie said:

I believe it is because there are different types of damage taken - for example, Mastery doesn't do much to pure magic damage, while Vers affects both.

Mastery increases health and healing received.  It does not discriminate in any way based upon incoming damage type.  It's not armor or physical mitigation.  In the absence of any other explanation, should mastery have been recommended over versatility all this time?

On 5/12/2017 at 8:31 AM, Guest Kodo said:

I know this is an old comment, but I didn't see any other responses to it in this thread, which seems to remain active, off and on.

Mastery increases health and healing received.  It does not discriminate in any way based upon incoming damage type.  It's not armor or physical mitigation.  In the absence of any other explanation, should mastery have been recommended over versatility all this time?

No, it shouldn't. The reasoning behind V >= M is scaling against different types of damage encountered in current raid, as well as how the stats actually scale. You need more Mastery to survive than you do Versatility in a current raid environment. They are set at >= because there is still a certain amount of Mastery that you need to benefit from it, but eventually Vers does take over. The actual stat amount is low enough that it becomes better incredibly quickly, especially with current gear levels.

Guest Gaurdruid

Hi, I was just trying to use Simcraft for my guardian druid and I'm kind of confuse with the results. It shows "Agility=1.89, Stamina=0.10, CritRating=1.21, HasteRating=1.10, MasteryRating=0.56, Versatility=2.40, Armor=32.85" which makes crit and haste higher than mastery. From what I've read from your other comments does this indicate that I lack crit and haste that is why it is higher than mastery right now?

Guest exx

Why dont u start a bis side for trinkets as well here for our bears ?!

Guest AgreSith

Hey I just wanted to note that I spotted a grammatical error at 6.Cooldowns, first sentence.

Regards

On 5/16/2017 at 1:34 PM, Guest Gaurdruid said:

From what I've read from your other comments does this indicate that I lack crit and haste that is why it is higher than mastery right now?

It's entirely possible, yes - did you end up testing this again and seeing a different result? If it still said the same, you can test it again and send me the results as a screenshot to take a look at.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:32 PM, Guest exx said:

Why dont u start a bis side for trinkets as well here for our bears ?!

Will pass this on to the writers :)

On 6/5/2017 at 6:16 PM, Guest AgreSith said:

Hey I just wanted to note that I spotted a grammatical error at 6.Cooldowns, first sentence.

Regards

Passing this on, thanks!

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

Guest Gruid

Hi got a question with gear. Got 2 rings, one 870 and the other 890. But the 870 is showing up as a +5% upgrade than the 890 cause the 870 rings stat has more vers. Should I gear with the 870 or go for the 890?

On 16/07/2017 at 3:44 PM, Guest Gruid said:

Hi got a question with gear. Got 2 rings, one 870 and the other 890. But the 870 is showing up as a +5% upgrade than the 890 cause the 870 rings stat has more vers. Should I gear with the 870 or go for the 890?

If it's showing as an upgrade with your stat weights, then take it. Rings are only very slightly impacted by item level since they don't have any main stat on them. 

Guest Gruid
3 hours ago, Blainie said:

If it's showing as an upgrade with your stat weights, then take it. Rings are only very slightly impacted by item level since they don't have any main stat on them. 

But do I not need the stamina on the 890? Though stamina has very liitle weight in my simulation.

Just now, Guest Gruid said:

But do I not need the stamina on the 890? Though stamina has very liitle weight in my simulation.

There comes a point where stamina just doesn't become as useful. If you can survive for 10 seconds without any healing already, a tiny bit more stamina won't make much difference. Stamina is just there as a buffer to allow for secondary stats to work. You need an amount of it, but it drops off heavily eventually unless it's a massive difference.

Guest Dr00d

What are current BiS trinkets for Guardian in Tomb? 

10 hours ago, Guest Dr00d said:

What are current BiS trinkets for Guardian in Tomb? 

Darkmoon Deck: Immortality, Writhing Heart of Darkness, Unstable Arcanocrystal, Grotesque Statuette are all excellent defensively. 

Guest A Little Bear

May I know the reason why the ranking for those two rings are higher than Skysec's Hold?

It seem Skysec's Hold is more useful when I use it with T20 gear. 

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Guest A Little Bear said:

May I know the reason why the ranking for those two rings are higher than Skysec's Hold?

It seem Skysec's Hold is more useful when I use it with T20 gear. 

Thank you.

Skysec is generally pretty weak since it is almost always overhealing. If you use it while soloing or in a 5-man to allow a healer to DPS more, it works well, but it is essentially a useless effect with so much healing available in a raid. 

The secondaries on the boots are good at least, though.

Guest Gruid
On 7/18/2017 at 7:42 AM, Blainie said:

There comes a point where stamina just doesn't become as useful. If you can survive for 10 seconds without any healing already, a tiny bit more stamina won't make much difference. Stamina is just there as a buffer to allow for secondary stats to work. You need an amount of it, but it drops off heavily eventually unless it's a massive difference.

Ok got that. Last question though when simming when or how do you use the option in tanking? Do you use TMI standard boss then T19M or do you use custom then 5heroic? Cause I base mine with the first one so my vers weight is so high than the rest which I think is weird. Is it?

On 19/07/2017 at 8:58 PM, Guest Gruid said:

Ok got that. Last question though when simming when or how do you use the option in tanking? Do you use TMI standard boss then T19M or do you use custom then 5heroic? Cause I base mine with the first one so my vers weight is so high than the rest which I think is weird. Is it?

You're actually better off trying to follow a guideline on item gearing if you're trying to figure out your weights. Essentially, follow this (approximately):

• High stat piece (helm, chest, legs)
    • If there is an item level difference of more than 5, take the higher item level piece. 
    • If there is an item level difference of less than 5 and the lower piece has both Versatility and Mastery, then use the lower piece. If it does not have both, use the higher piece.
  • Medium stat piece (shoulders, gloves, belt, boots)
    • If there is an item level difference of more than 10, take the higher item level piece.
    • If there is an item level difference of less than 10, take whichever is better itemised based on the priority. 
  • Low stat piece (back, wrists)
    • If there is an item level difference of more than 20, take the higher item level piece.
    • If there is an item level difference of less than 20, take whichever is better itemised based on the priority. 
  • Non-main stat piece (neck, finger)
    • Pick according to the actual stats, since there is no armour present.
    • A Vers/Mastery piece would be worth 20 item levels over one that has neither.
    • A Vers OR Mastery piece with another secondary stat would be worth 10 item levels over one that has neither. 
    • A Vers OR Mastery piece where the other secondary stat is much higher would be worth 5 item levels over one that has neither.

Hope this helps.

Guest Gruid

Ok wow. Did I miss that in the guide? Anyways it really helps a lot. This just makes everything so much clearer on the gearing. Thanks a lot too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guest Gruid said:

Ok wow. Did I miss that in the guide? Anyways it really helps a lot. This just makes everything so much clearer on the gearing. Thanks a lot too.

It's not in the guide, no - it's not really an exact science, but it's what I personally use to decide on gear for my Guardian. It's a lot easier than trying to make tank sims work. It's all based on the amount of main stat and Armor you can receive on an item and how much it will influence your DTPS by sacrificing it for secondary stats. High stat pieces have more armor, so they are more valuable per item level increase than, for example, a cloak with very little armor.